RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Sega announces ....new hardare?!?!

Started by Digi.k, 04/14/2018, 09:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Digi.k

Earlier Sega held their Sega Fest and had many announcements.. one of them was: Sega Mega Drive Mini

Looks like it will be released this year in Japan. Worldwide: tba.  Games? tba

IMG
IMG

Bloufo

So, hopefully, no redesigned AtGames crappy product.

GaijinD

Apparently AtGames has claimed responsibility, but the source I was able to find is a Facebook post I can't read because I refuse to get a Facebook account: https://www.facebook.com/ATGFlashback/posts/569040440124610

Hopefully that link isn't something other than I think it is.
Feel like a treasure game on a rainy day.

TheClash603

Before this announcement Sega somewhere said they were going to bring their AtGames systems east.  I saw this mini announcement and assumed that meant this was the AtGames product going east, but I haven't read the official confirmation yet.

seieienbu

AT made a comment saying it would have better emulation than the previous version.  I didn't play with the one they released a bit ago; could anyone who has explain what the problems were?
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

SignOfZeta

...I guess I hope this is good but...Sega will put "Genesis" on total garbage and sell it. They've done it many times.
IMG

TR0N

Quote from: GaijinD on 04/14/2018, 09:02 PMApparently AtGames has claimed responsibility, but the source I was able to find is a Facebook post I can't read because I refuse to get a Facebook account: https://www.facebook.com/ATGFlashback/posts/569040440124610

Hopefully that link isn't something other than I think it is.
If atgames is handling then it will be a terrible plug'n'play console.There last one for the u.s was buggy and iffy emulation.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Psycho Punch

Quote from: seieienbu on 04/14/2018, 10:05 PMAT made a comment
I wish they didn't have authority to make a comment in the first place. Another AT Games clone? F­UCK
This Toxic Turbo Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs!
I had to delete THOUSANDS of error log entries cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

TheClash603

I don't think the AtGames systems already available are that bad.  I bought one for a gift for my nephew and he loves it.  Emulation isn't perfect, but it is cheap and you get what you pay for.  If I spent $300 on the AtGames Genesis I bought, I would be upset, for the price it was a great way to introduce Genesis to a little kid.

cr8zykuban0

i was hoping this would be a good sega product but when i saw the ATgames in the article, i was sad.

NecroPhile

It sure is cute.  I don't expect it to be anything other than a slightly improved version of the flashback thing they brought out last year.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

VestCunt

Even if the emulation is good, SOMETHING about every ATgames product is going to suck. I got one of their SMS/GG handhelds with thirty games. I'm happy because it has titles that never made it to the SMS and the screen is better than the GG, but it's pretty janky.

1/3 of the games are unplayable because the d-pad is so sloppy.
1/3 of the games are unplayable without using the TV output because the screen is so small.
Topic Adjourned.

ParanoiaDragon

AT made an SMS/GG clone?  I've seen all the Genny ones they did, but didn't know about that.  Yeah, ATGames....., here's hoping Sega runs a tight ship over the quality.
IMG

SignOfZeta

Given the model they are showing they are clearly inspired by sales of NES/SNES Classic Mini. I sadly fear the quality won't even been in the same universe but they may sell just as many units.
IMG

Gypsy

Quote from: guest on 04/16/2018, 02:52 PMEven if the emulation is good, SOMETHING about every ATgames product is going to suck.
Yeah pretty much. I won't be buying this.

xcrement5x

Glad I can save some money now and not buy it. 

AT Games should just sell the cases on their own as well with a Raspberry Pi holder, they'd probably do well just for that.

geise

Sega doesn't have the pull anymore from the community like nintendo has. This is going to sell nowhere what nes and snes mini have. I wish it would but it's not going to. I also think the mini fad is wearing down. That or everyone has one at this point that really wants one. You can find snes mini's anywhere here.