Turbo Memoirs - Updated 5.28.07 - "Desktop Art"

Started by PCEngineFX, 05/28/2007, 03:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PCEngineFX

WORLD EXCLUSIVE!  pcengine-fx.com has first photo of the PC Engine+Backup Booster+Control Pad+SFII!!! :P

https://www.pcengine-fx.com/temp/pce_backupboost_controller_small.jpg

This just a test image...full resolution versions will come later....
// Aaron Nanto | The Ultimate Resource for NEC Console Information!
Papa PCEFX 1997-2020 [Retired]
IMG

PCEngineFX

2ND WORLD EXCLUSIVE!  Lots of PCE/Turbo controllers in one photo!  Again, don't use these tiny images as wallpapers...you know you want the full 1920x1200 version!  :mrgreen:

https://www.pcengine-fx.com/temp/controllers.jpg
IMG

Keranu

Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

PCEngineFX

Mouse time...this should make a good wallpaper.

IMG
IMG

Keranu

Niiice, that mouse looks sharp! When are you going to take a picture of a Super Grafx + SUPER CDROM2 like I suggested!?  :mrgreen:
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG

Kitsunexus

Holy crap, that's BEAUTIFUL! How many HuCards was that exactly?

Oh and do you think you could make a top down picture of just the HuCard floor?

Keep it up man, this is wicked awesome!

EDIT: OMFG THE MOUSE! AWESOME!
Forgive me, my brain is on par with the Bubble System.
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS RULE!

Joe Redifer

Awesome pics, man!  Your PC Engine looks a bit yellowed.  Can you fix that in Photoshop without touching any other part of the image?  Also, where is the 3 button controller?  :)  Anyway I can't wait for the 1680x1050 versions!!

PCEngineFX

Quote from: Keranu on 06/14/2007, 08:02 PMNiiice, that mouse looks sharp! When are you going to take a picture of a Super Grafx + SUPER CDROM2 like I suggested!?  :mrgreen:
I don't have a Super CD-ROM2 for the SG :(

Quote from: Kitsunexus on 06/14/2007, 08:05 PMHoly crap, that's BEAUTIFUL! How many HuCards was that exactly?

Oh and do you think you could make a top down picture of just the HuCard floor?

Keep it up man, this is wicked awesome!

EDIT: OMFG THE MOUSE! AWESOME!
I used roughly about 80 of the US HuCards in that PCE shot.  When I get my SLR camera back, I'll do another photo shoot with just the HuCard floor.

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 06/14/2007, 08:12 PMAwesome pics, man!  Your PC Engine looks a bit yellowed.  Can you fix that in Photoshop without touching any other part of the image?  Also, where is the 3 button controller?  :)  Anyway I can't wait for the 1680x1050 versions!!
I did say they were test images ;)  I didn't do any color correction for these images so that's why it looks slightly yellowish.  I've corrected the original photo (and the mouse.)
IMG

esteban

WOOoooooo HOOOooooooo! And I'm not one to use "woo hoo's" gratuitously, so don't take it lightly :).

Aaron, you rock! Here are my $0.02 :

1. PCE mouse = the composition is perfect. No joke. Excellent. I never thought that a cord could evoke drama, but you somehow managed to do it. :)

2. PCE controllers = brilliant idea, and the picture looks gorgeous. Variations on this theme are warranted: I'd try arranging the pads in a lop-sided, asymmetrical pattern....  think of the canvas as a "letterbox" and see if you can create a very "horizontal" sense of space. Damn, your picture is nice.

3. PCE + Booster! Yay! I'm trying to think of a way to change the composition to add more drama to it... but I don't know if it will look as nice as your picture. I was thinking of a 3/4 side view of the PCE + booster, but have it mirror the Leaning Tower of Piza... the PCE+Booster is a spire stretching out into black space.

I like the choice of HuCard; SFII complements the red, white and gray theme. :)

-------------
Bottom line: Yay!
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

PCEngineFX

I just got a brand-spanking-new SLR camera (the Canon Rebel XTi 10MP) to replace my old crappy one I used to take the photos I've posted up to this point.  Behold the first photo with the new camera:

IMG

The next update to the Turbo Memoirs won't use this new camera unfortunately, but this is just a taste of things to come!
IMG

PCEngineFX

Oh hell, here is another one.  I was using natural light for these but the sun is like gone so I had to bump up the ISO to 1800 so there is a bit of noise....but it still looks sweet ;D

IMG
IMG

Keranu

IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: Pcenginefx on 06/26/2007, 12:27 AMOh hell, here is another one.  I was using natural light for these but the sun is like gone so I had to bump up the ISO to 1800 so there is a bit of noise....but it still looks sweet ;D
It's a bit more than a bit noisy in the background, but damn nice nonetheless.  What is that anyway, paper?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

PCEngineFX

Yes, just textured poster-sized paper (great for product shots).
IMG