10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Users posting other's e-mail addresses, etc

Started by Joe Redifer, 10/22/2008, 07:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Redifer

Quoth09 and PCEngineHell seem to have a habit of posting other eBay member's personal e-mail addresses as well as the content of the e-mails on their many "I had an issue with an eBay transaction" threads.  To me, the content of private e-mail should remain private unless both parties consent to its public release.  Same goes with posting the e-mail address of those they have issues with.  And they really have a lot of issues.  Quoth09, for example, is really upset that someone didn't give him 5 stars for shipping price.  They seem to be trying to rally everyone against certain sellers.  Giving warnings and explanations of their experience is fine, but I think it crosses the line.  Mike even posted a Youtube video where a seller gave out his personal phone number in a voice mail.  He linked to the Youtube video from his current thread as well as the Youtube thread.  EDIT:  The phone number is actually posted in the thread itself as well.

Opinions?

nat

I'm kind of indifferent to that stuff, as I skip over those "problem with xxxx user/seller/whatever" threads as a rule of thumb. I never  read them. That said, it's Aaron's board and his prerogative to set rules about such things. As I'm not sure on his stance, I'll let him chime in here when he's able. If he wants me/us to police that kind of thing, his wish is my command. Otherwise, I'll just continue to skip over them.

PCEngineFX

Thanks for bringing this up Joe - My feeling is that we don't need to police this kind of behavior.  If people don't like what they are doing then they won't deal with them (mostly for fear of a bad deal).
// Aaron Nanto | The Ultimate Resource for NEC Console Information!
Papa PCEFX 1997-2020 [Retired]
IMG