PC-ENGINE/TURBO DUO, TURBO EXPRESS SOUND FIX & MODS

Started by turbokon, 03/13/2008, 09:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turbokon

Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

spenoza

The more modders around here the merrier, especially if they'll do work for other forum dwellers. So long as nobody bites off more than they can chew, anyway. Some have already been bitten by that bug.

termis

Hey turbokon, what's your source for the screw/nut that'll actually hold the 8PDT pole button down in place?  I haven't found something that fits that nicely, but what you have there in the pic looks nice.

SignOfZeta

You mean the one you can see from the outside that actually goes around the button? The switch should come with it.
IMG

termis

Really? I guess I got screwed. (foget the bad pun).  Anyone have an extra?

turbokon

Quote from: termis on 05/08/2008, 12:42 PMHey turbokon, what's your source for the screw/nut that'll actually hold the 8PDT pole button down in place?  I haven't found something that fits that nicely, but what you have there in the pic looks nice.
No, they don't come with it.  I had a hard time locating them too.  If I tell you I'll have to kill you:) I drove to all the major hardware stores and couldn't find them.  I saw them laying around at my brother house which he got from Radio Shack. He use them to replace the switch on his amps.
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

Mehunglo

Just got my Turbo Express back. I had a video and sound fix done, works great!

rovineye

Sent my TE to turbokon for sound and video fix. I mailed it on 5 May and got it back 10 May. All problems fixed! Of course I am new here, so it can be fuel for those with conspiracy theories :-k

Seriously tho, fast a good work at a nice price! Thanks Turbokon!

erik

Hello,
      My name is Erik and I recently had my Turbo Duo sound problem fixed by turbokon.  I sent it out Friday the 11th and received it back the following Friday.  Problem is fixed and turnaround time is outstanding!!  Overall, an outstanding job performed by turbokon.  Highly recommended for doing business with!!

Sensei

Turboken, are you still doing the sound fixes?  The sound on my PCEngine GT is all but gone.

How much would it be to Japan?

I could offer you trade.

Shawn Carr2o

I just got a PC Engine GT and a Turbo Express last week from Bibliophile who is a member at neo-geo.com and I wanted to know if they can have a controller port mod on these handhelds. I am having a hard time holding these bulky and heavy handhelds in my hands because of being disabled and not having enough strength and also I have problems with my left hand and fingers from tight tendons that make my hand close sometimes.  :)

So is this mod possible and how much does it cost?  :)
IMG

Shawn Carr2o

Oh I forgot to mention that I plan on getting another Core Grafx real soon and I want to have it region modded with a toggle switch to play JPN/US games.  :)
IMG

Shawn Carr2o

oops  :P
IMG

Gogan

I have to give mad kudos to Turbokon. He went above and beyond to help me hook up my duo. He is highly recommended if you ask me. Thank you again Turbokon.
Nothin beats the real thing.

Duo_R

Shawn - I orignally thought this when I saw you were selling your TE because of having a hard time holding it. I don't think it would be difficult to add an external port for a controller to use. First - what would be the ideal controller? NES style? Would u want to use a Duo controller? The main thing is if you are ok with adding an external port to a TE, ie a 9 pin DIN connnector. What would require a modification, probably the best place is on the bottom of the TE, and we would also have to modify the controller to bypass the internal circuitry.

I could follow-up with you later on doing that since I am currently working on another controller project for another member from here. I think it is a great idea. Thoughts on how you would mount the TE to stand while you play?

Quote from: Shawn Carr2o on 08/31/2008, 12:32 PMI just got a PC Engine GT and a Turbo Express last week from Bibliophile who is a member at neo-geo.com and I wanted to know if they can have a controller port mod on these handhelds. I am having a hard time holding these bulky and heavy handhelds in my hands because of being disabled and not having enough strength and also I have problems with my left hand and fingers from tight tendons that make my hand close sometimes.  :)

So is this mod possible and how much does it cost?  :)
Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

Arjak

I just got my Duo-RX back from Turbokon after a region switch mod. I tried out Blazing Lazers and Dungeon Explorer and both work great! Thank you so much! =D>
He who dings the Gunhed must PAAAAY!!! -Ninja Spirit