The Analogue Turbo Duo clone shipped in time for Christmas 2023. Are you happy with yours ?? Find firmware updates here.
Main Menu

hack attempt

Started by nat, 03/15/2008, 06:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nat

Someone attempted to hack my account from the IP address of 65.10.168.128

I got email notification at my e-mail address that someone at that IP requested a password reminder or tried to change the password for my account here.

I'm changing my password, but it's a little disturbing nonetheless. Aaron, can you see if that IP belongs to any of our current users?

EDIT: I just checked the ban log, and I noticed Validus has used IPs starting with 65.10.xxx.xxx when attempting to log into his own account but no exact matches. You guys might want to make sure your passwords are all secure and complex enough he (or whomever it is) won't be able to guess them under any circumstances.

Joe Redifer

Man, what is it with that guy?

Also, why the avatar change?  I like NEC, but am disturbed not to see the flying orange from Space Harrier.

nat

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 03/15/2008, 07:30 PMAlso, why the avatar change?  I like NEC, but am disturbed not to see the flying orange from Space Harrier.
I dunno... I've had the Space Harrier avatar for like two years and thought I'd switch it up. I'll probably go back eventually cuz I'll get nostalgic. Or something.

Joe Redifer

Would it help if I threatened physical abuse unless you changed it back?  I'm always willing to threaten, just as long as it helps.

PCEngineFX

Yah, I got a bunch of those emails as well Nat.  Man that guy really pisses me off.
// Aaron Nanto | The Ultimate Resource for NEC Console Information!
Papa PCEFX 1997-2020 [Retired]
IMG

PCEngineFX

I've banned the IP from my site once again.

I also emailed the abuse alias for bellsouth which the IP originates from telling them about the hack attempt so we'll see what comes from that.
// Aaron Nanto | The Ultimate Resource for NEC Console Information!
Papa PCEFX 1997-2020 [Retired]
IMG