PC Engine CD/SCD/ACD translation resource.

Started by pixeljunkie, 05/05/2005, 11:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pixeljunkie

I think it would be great if there was a thread with links to all known English translation patches.

I know of these:

Wonder Boy in Monsterland (Bikkuriman World)
zeograd.com/download_presentation.php?id=257
https://www.romhacking.net/translations/511/

IMG IMG

Any more out there?

TurboHuC6280

Shanghai, Lode Runner: Lost Labyrinth, Motteke Tamago, and (looks like) Bonanza Brothers and Alshark as well:

http://www.interlog.com/~daves/pce_dev/translt.html

IMG IMG
IMG IMG

VestCunt

i don't know anything about emulators.  how do you use that Ys 4 translation patch on a Duo?  i assume you use a burning program and take out a file and put in the patch?  then play the copy disc on your duo?

also, are there any domestic manual archives or translations of foreign manuals on the net (besides Darkman's Tennokoe translation)?
Topic Adjourned.

pixeljunkie

Quote from: vestcunti don't know anything about emulators.  how do you use that Ys 4 translation patch on a Duo?  i assume you use a burning program and take out a file and put in the patch?  then play the copy disc on your duo?

also, are there any domestic manual archives or translations of foreign manuals on the net (besides Darkman's Tennokoe translation)?
There are great instructions on how to get the patch for Ys to work. Sadly I can't get it to as my burner refuses to "read subcode analysis". :(

TurboHuC6280

Quote from: "vestcunt"i don't know anything about emulators.  how do you use that Ys 4 translation patch on a Duo?  i assume you use a burning program and take out a file and put in the patch?  then play the copy disc on your duo?

It involves using a DAO (disc at once) burning program (CDRWIN, in this case) to create an image of the game.  You then patch the image with the supplied patch from the RIGG site, and burn it back to a CD.

I attempted to do it on my machine, but I run Linux.  Linux has an excellent DAO burning program, but the image is just slightly different in size than the file that CDRWIN generates.  Thus, I'm going to have to take my games into work to patch them, since I don't have Windows at home.  First time I've needed a Windows machine for anything in more than 4 or 5 years, since the DAO software is so platform specific.  :)

VestCunt

thanks for the info.  i also read something about running emulators on a dreamcast, but i can't remember if that was on this forum or someother board.   anyone know about that?
Topic Adjourned.

pixeljunkie

Quote from: "vestcunt"thanks for the info.  i also read something about running emulators on a dreamcast, but i can't remember if that was on this forum or someother board.   anyone know about that?

wow, if there was a PC Engine emu for DC that would be awesome.

VestCunt

well, i know i read it somewhere else, but here's a piece about running nes emulators on your dreamcast,
http://forums.nesfiles.com/viewtopic.php?t=695
Topic Adjourned.

CrackTiger

Quote from: "pixeljunkie"
Quote from: "VestCunt"thanks for the info.  i also read something about running emulators on a dreamcast, but i can't remember if that was on this forum or someother board.   anyone know about that?

wow, if there was a PC Engine emu for DC that would be awesome.

There is one or two, but they aren't 100% yet.

You can find pretty much everything out there homebrew and/or emulation wise for DC here-

http://www.dcemulation.com/

This one is supposed to run around full speed with no sound-

http://www.dcemulation.com/dcemu-dreamengine.htm
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

twor2005

Super Daisenryaku:

QuoteIMG Super Daisenryaku is a military strategy game for the PCEngine CD, other wise known as the Turbografx CD in the US. It is most similar to the Genesis version but with more and modern weapons, and more maps. Also it was much easier to work on than the SNES version. I am proud to say this is Gaijin Productions first PCEngine translation and it's first CD translation for any console. Do not request for any ISO files or Roms please! Enjoy! gaijinproduction@hotmail.com. Thanks!
wayback://gaijin.parodius.com/PCEDaisen.htm
IMG IMG

They also have SFC Bonk II on there!
IMG IMG

pixeljunkie

Has anyone made an English patch for Emerald Dragon?

Keranu

There are no patches for Emerald Dragon and I don't know of any discussion of it as well, but a friend of mine online (Steve and GUTS, it's Zig :P ) who has this site that translates the game with great detail. It's loaded with screenshots and describes each menu and translates everything excellently with his helpful sentences and nifty screenshots. I don't know the URL anymore, but I'll look for it later or ask him if he's online.

Oh by the way, his site didn't have the whole game translated, just up to past the first major dungeon when you save that chick I believe. I think there is more than that now actually, but once again I'll have to talk to him. It's also a great site for information regarding the game itself with it's history and bonus information.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

pixeljunkie

Quote from: "Keranu"There are no patches for Emerald Dragon and I don't know of any discussion of it as well, but a friend of mine online (Steve and GUTS, it's Zig :P ) who has this site that translates the game with great detail. It's loaded with screenshots and describes each menu and translates everything excellently with his helpful sentences and nifty screenshots. I don't know the URL anymore, but I'll look for it later or ask him if he's online.

Oh by the way, his site didn't have the whole game translated, just up to past the first major dungeon when you save that chick I believe. I think there is more than that now actually, but once again I'll have to talk to him. It's also a great site for information regarding the game itself with it's history and bonus information.

Awesome, yeah please post the link after you find it. Thanks!

GUTS

esteban

Quote from: GUTS on 08/05/2005, 05:36 PMHere you go man-

wayback://shadatannis.com/glodia/emdr/scene1.html
Zig rules! I bought Earnest Evans because I loved reading the stuff he had on his site.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

GUTS

Haha yeah Zig is the shit.  Man you should come back to the Turbo board dude, we may all have some polar opposite political views but it I miss your contributions, they were always a good read even if I didn't agree.  It's kinda dying around there, Slownerve barely even posts anymore since you've left!