OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

PcenginefxTV (Ep.08) Official Production Thread - UPDATE 2009.03.27

Started by PCEngineFX, 03/23/2009, 02:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PCEngineFX

Welcome to the official production thread for PcenginefxTV episode 8.  This next episode in the PcenginefxTV series will be receiving a complete overhaul with the construction of a PcenginefxTV shooting studio, guest reviewers and more.  Keep coming back to view how the show will be coming together!

UPDATE 2009.03.23
Big plans are in the works to make episode 8 the best episode yet, and the first step is to up the production values of the show. As with anything I do, I strive to make things bigger and better and to differentiate PcenginefxTV from the rest of the vBloggers out there, I will be building my own little NEC themed shooting studio for live-broadcast-style recording (no more will you just see some direct-feed video with voiceover for the entire time!)  NEC fans deserve the best, and that's what you will get with PcenginefxTV...more to come!  - Aaron
// Aaron Nanto | The Ultimate Resource for NEC Console Information!
Papa PCEFX 1997-2020 [Retired]
IMG

Duo_R

Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

NecroPhile

Woo-hoo!  I can't wait.  :D

Quote from: Pcenginefx on 03/23/2009, 02:11 PMNEC fans deserve the best, and that's what you will get with PcenginefxTV...
There's no need to wait, as that's what we've been getting from day one.  No other gaming videos surpass the production quality and great content found in every episode of PCEFX TV.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Joe Redifer

Quote from: Pcenginefxthe first step is to up the production values of the show.
Lemme guess lemme guess.... it'll be in HD!

By the way, do you edit in native HDV or do you transcode to another format for editing?

PCEngineFX

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 03/24/2009, 11:59 AM
Quote from: Pcenginefxthe first step is to up the production values of the show.
Lemme guess lemme guess.... it'll be in HD!

By the way, do you edit in native HDV or do you transcode to another format for editing?
Well, HD is a given - but I'm talking about doing a "live show" setup where I'll be filming in front of a NEC themed set with a teleprompter and at least 3 cameras :)  And yep, HDV 1080i is my native editing workflow right now.  I'd love to upgrade to the Sony XDCAM line of cameras but just not a good time to spend that kind of cash right now.
IMG

PCEngineFX

Quote from: guest on 03/24/2009, 10:19 AMWoo-hoo!  I can't wait.  :D

Quote from: Pcenginefx on 03/23/2009, 02:11 PMNEC fans deserve the best, and that's what you will get with PcenginefxTV...
There's no need to wait, as that's what we've been getting from day one.  No other gaming videos surpass the production quality and great content found in every episode of PCEFX TV.
I do want to give props to those on YouTube that are doing Turbo reviews - there are some great ones online that I've seen.  With PcenginefxTV, I want to give people content in a different way from everybody else so that's why I'm totally revamping the show for this next episode.
IMG

PCEngineFX

Looks smaller than it really is, but this room will be turned into a live shooting set. First step is to cover the wall with a black muslin backdrop, and then get rid of the wrinkles with a steamer (shown at the bottom of the frame).

aaronnanto.smugmug.com/photos/499111054_xMBj8-L.jpg

I had bought a podium (which also came in today) and set decor which I will be setting up in the upcoming days.
IMG

PCEngineFX

Set pieces coming together - added center podium (pending a paint job), background display units with various PC-FX and PC Engine/TurboGrafx games and accessories added.  Divider screens also hung.

aaronnanto.smugmug.com/photos/499608212_bPGFH-L.jpg
IMG

Sensei

The set looks great!  I wish I had the space to do something like the for the Famicom Dojo videos.  Good luck with ep. 8.  I am sure it will turn out really slick like all your other videos.

PCEngineFX

Thanks Sensei!  You really don't need too much space...like I said, this is just in a regular bedroom (but granted you must have a bedroom to spare :)  The set is coming together fast - I plan on hanging NEC related stuff on the back wall, and also decorate the podium with PCE control pads.  I'll also have a small HDTV on the podium as well....then comes the fun part of properly lighting all of it...can't wait!
IMG

Sensei

Quote from: Pcenginefx on 03/27/2009, 03:39 AMThanks Sensei!  You really don't need too much space...like I said, this is just in a regular bedroom (but granted you must have a bedroom to spare :)  The set is coming together fast - I plan on hanging NEC related stuff on the back wall, and also decorate the podium with PCE control pads.  I'll also have a small HDTV on the podium as well....then comes the fun part of properly lighting all of it...can't wait!
What type of lighting set-up do you have?  It works really well.  If you ever have a chance, snap a picture of it.  I have so many problems with shadows.  I really need to devote some space for a studio.  Gotta convince the wife first though...

PCEngineFX

As soon as I get to lighting the set, I'll for sure post up info about it.  The current plan is to light the overall set with two huge 48" Photoflex SilverDome softboxes with 800w Lowel Tota lights.  I'll have spot accent lighting on the background games as well as other areas where I will have set decorations.

Speaking of the wife, mine is coming back tonight form GDC and I want her to host the show with me so we'll see how that goes (after the surprise that I turned one of our bedrooms into a studio haha).
IMG

PCEngineFX

Center podium is now painted and added a variety of NEC console controllers as set dressing.  Controllers were taken apart to remove the cables.

aaronnanto.smugmug.com/photos/500164341_iwXFb-XL.jpg
IMG

Otaking

This is great news, I can't wait for more Pc-engine fx TV!  8)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

evilmax17

Wow, didn't expect to see something like this!

The set looks awesome so far, and the plans for a live-broadcast style show are great.

Can't wait to see everything in action!
IMG