10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

WTB: Super Star Soldier (chip!)

Started by ChrisBucci, 05/25/2011, 08:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisBucci

Hey gang!

I am looking for a Super Star Soldier, chip only (working). Ha ha.

Anybody have an extra? If so, let me know how much.  Thanks a lot!
Chris Bucci

ChrisBucci

Hi guys.  Just to clarify, I am looking for the U.S. version.  Thanks!  :)

DragonmasterDan

I guess that one sold before you could grab it.
--DragonmasterDan

ChrisBucci

Hey guys!

I was able to get one so....thanks for the quick and awesome responses.

I think the game was mad because I got THIS close to defeating it (especially since I have been trying to since I was a kid).  Oh....OH....it's not beating me that easily!!!!!!!  Muhahahahahah!!!!!!
:)
Thanks again!
Chris Bucci

GameFreak

I always thought the game was really hard. After getting stuck on the first 1-2 levels I gave up for a few years. I took it out of the drawer years later, but I am still far from beating it. That game makes me SO mad!

roflmao

Yeah, I've been playing it some lately and haven't been able to get past the green robot boss yet (Level 4 boss?).  I recognize the background for the following level, so I must have made it there sometime in the past, but whew!

GameFreak

Oh and by the way Spida1a, I just want to say THANKS for your HUGE contribution to the TG16 & PCE community!  =D>  8)  :dance:
I would have giving you my hucard game, no problem since it pisses me off so much (from frustration of difficulty) ...LOL,  but it looks like you got one already.
Keep up the great youtube vids man. You rock!!!  :!:

ChrisBucci

Hey, thanks a lot.  I ended up buying one from someone else on the forum!  So.....it's all good!   :)
Thanks!!

MasonSushi

chris,

Did the one you have die??? I thought you had the set. Grats on getting another though.  :)

Mason

ChrisBucci

Froze on the last boss.  Then refused to work.

MasonSushi

oh, I didn't know the Chips would up and die. That sucks that is died on you. Well I am glad that the set is complete again though.

ChrisBucci

I know!  Ha ha.  I have NEVER had a "chip" that didn't work.  I mean....I've had a game or two "freeze" but....it always worked after restarting.  You know?

This one literally just comes up with a white screen. Ugh!

ChrisBucci

Hi gang!

I am still looking for a Super Star Soldier (chip only) U.S. replacement.  The deal I had going apparently fell through.  Does anyone else have an extra copy?
Thanks very much!
Chris Bucci