OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Genesis/Master System Emulator

Started by KnightWarrior, 08/24/2012, 01:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KnightWarrior

I searched, nothing came up

Mainly Sonic, Shinobi, Streets of Rage, Vectorman, Golden Axl Series on the Genesis and the Master System

Or a type of a emulator

OldRover

Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

HercTNT

KnightWarrior

The hell are you guys talking about?

HercTNT

the thread is for nec homebrew development, are you asking if their is a sega genesis or master system emulator for the pce?

KnightWarrior

ParanoiaDragon

I don't think a Genesis emulator would be remotely possible.  I do feel like there was someone working on an SMS emu, though maybe it was just individual games, rather then a full blow emu.  But yeah, no 16bit system could run an emulator of the rival system.  There's just not enough power for both the emulator & the games to run.  I don't know if even the Neo Geo or maybe 3DO could run an emulator for any 16bit system, though I could be wrong.
IMG

lord_cack

Quote from: KnightWarrior on 08/24/2012, 02:55 AMThat's what the Title says
I think that your title and first post were both very vague on what you actually wanted.

But that being said, I second Paranioa Dragons comment. If that is, what you were looking for....  :-s
A dark tide will rise and she will walk again. He is coming.....

Arkhan Asylum

It could probably handle SMS shit if it were done extremely carefully (and even then it would suck ass), but there ain't no mufuckin' way its emulating blast processing.

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

OldRover

Quote from: guest on 08/24/2012, 10:10 AMblast processing
Yeah, it's not very good at handling Sega's made-up buzzwords.
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

CrackTiger

There is a thread on sega-16 discussing the difference in power/tech required for one console to emulate another. I believe that it began as a "could the Genesis emulate NES" thread that pointed to Tom's PCE NES ports. But the Genesis can't even do those types of repurposed NES ports. It can run SMS games just fine though, so who cares?

Anyway, it basically came down to requiring a couple generations difference to do reasonable facsimilies and more to do something closer to "perfect" emulation.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

NecroPhile

Can a 7.16mhz CPU emulate a 7.67mhz CPU?  Sure, why the hell not?  :roll:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

HercTNT

Quote from: guest on 08/24/2012, 10:29 AMCan a 7.16mhz CPU emulate a 7.67mhz CPU?  Sure, why the hell not?  :roll:
Come on necro, your just being a downer. It could happen. It just requires all laws of mathmatics to instantly become null and void  :wink:

Arkhan Asylum

The closest you're going to get to this kind of jive is GEM for MSX

http://www.tni.nl/products/gem.html

and, it requires a Turbo R and addons for it to even work at the speed it does.

but even then, the gameboy isn't using a radically different CPU like what you'd get going from 6502 to 68000 and shit.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

JoshTurboTrollX

Why not, the Gameboy brought the arcade classic Mortal Kombat to the handheld in a perfect translation and Double Dragon was flawlessly brought to the 2600, so why the blue nut hell couldn't Turbografx handle some weak ass shit like Sonic 2 or Warriors of the Eternal Sun??!!??!!1

:P
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

KnightWarrior

Well not really a Genesis Emu, Just a Select Games like Sonic running on the Turbo Hardware

Like someone did with Super Mario Bros. on the Turbo

Also the Atari 2600/7800 emu would be cool

OldRover

Quote from: guest on 08/24/2012, 10:29 AMCan a 7.16mhz CPU emulate a 7.67mhz CPU?  Sure, why the hell not?  :roll:
Have you not learned anything from the Intel/AMD wars? :lol: Comparing MHz isn't everything. :)

Arkhan Asylum

That's all you need to compare if you're trying to emulate a completely different, more powerful architecture, lol.   Trying to emulate 68k operations on a 6502 is going to hurt.

You can't EMULATE the Genesis, but you could make the same fuckin' games from scratch on a PCE.  It's not like we haven't seen that before.

KnightWarrior

How about the other way around

Bonk's Adventure Turbo version to run on a Genesis

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: KnightWarrior on 08/24/2012, 01:37 PMHow about the other way around

It MIGHT be able to swing emulating Bonk's Adventure. 

You'd be better off porting BC Kid over from the Amiga though, as the processors are the same family.

KnightWarrior

I would say Bonk's Adventure NES version, I don't know if it pushed the NES hardware to the Max

ParanoiaDragon

Tom/Bonknuts was working on this(or atleast the 1st level).  From what I recall, it didn't look as good as the Turbo version, atleast in regards to colors.  There may have been something else about it that didn't look so hot, but it was all the original gfx.
IMG

esteban

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 08/25/2012, 01:08 AM

Tom/Bonknuts was working on this(or atleast the 1st level).  From what I recall, it didn't look as good as the Turbo version, atleast in regards to colors.  There may have been something else about it that didn't look so hot, but it was all the original gfx.
I didn't know about this project. Does anyone have a link/screenshots? I suppose I should look at Tom's site (I don't think I've been there in a year or more).

So, any further info will be greatly appreciated :pcgs:.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

KnightWarrior

ParanoiaDragon

I'm pretty sure he never released it to the public.  I can't even recall if I ever got ahold of it, or even saw a video.  I just remember talking to him about it several years ago.  I'll try digging around in my archives to see if I have it.
IMG

esteban

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 08/26/2012, 09:01 PMI'm pretty sure he never released it to the public.  I can't even recall if I ever got ahold of it, or even saw a video.  I just remember talking to him about it several years ago.  I'll try digging around in my archives to see if I have it.
Thanks. :pcgs:

TurboXray

It was just a game engine I was writing in assembler for 68k and the Genesis. I used Bonk as the template. Part of the first level was there and the sprite animation lookup tables had gotten quite advanced (pointers to pointers to pointers to cells of what sprite cells to use for metasprites and how long the frame lasted, etc).

KnightWarrior

Can a VCS Emulator work on the TurboGrafx??

or Games like

Activision Anthology
Atari Anthology

Tatsujin

lol, is this a joke thread or something?
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

HercTNT

Quote from: KnightWarrior on 09/14/2012, 02:24 PMCan a VCS Emulator work on the TurboGrafx??

or Games like

Activision Anthology
Atari Anthology
I don't know if its technically feasible, but having an atari emulator on my gt would be pretty cool. Playing dragon stomper on my portable would be insanely cool.

esteban

Quote from: TurboXray on 09/14/2012, 11:50 AMIt was just a game engine I was writing in assembler for 68k and the Genesis. I used Bonk as the template. Part of the first level was there and the sprite animation lookup tables had gotten quite advanced (pointers to pointers to pointers to cells of what sprite cells to use for metasprites and how long the frame lasted, etc).
Intriguing! Thanks for the scoop. :pcgs:

KnightWarrior

I would have wanted to see Bonk's Adventure on Video running on the Genesis

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..