RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Anearth walk through site going away

Started by M1Savage, 11/09/2016, 03:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M1Savage

My Anearth Fantasy Stories walk through website will be disappearing soon. Hoped to have it up until the translation came out but that may not happen in my lifetime.

m1sz1 .com/
Alt: https://www.tg-16.com/anearth/intro.html

Thanks all!

tbone3969

Quote from: m1savage on 11/09/2016, 03:28 PMMy Anearth Fantasy Stories walk through website will be disappearing soon. Hoped to have it up until the translation came out but that may not happen in my lifetime.

http://www.m1sz1.com/

Thanks all!
It's been translated and English dubbed.
"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

esteban

Quote from: m1savage on 11/09/2016, 03:28 PMMy Anearth Fantasy Stories walk through website will be disappearing soon. Hoped to have it up until the translation came out but that may not happen in my lifetime.

http://www.m1sz1.com/

Thanks all!
I can host it so it stays... do you mind emailing all the files (keep everything in the proper folders/file structure)?

If the file is over 25 MB, zip it!

:)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

NecroPhile

Nooooo!  Hopefully esty and Nulltard can get it archived somewhere.

Thanks for the great work, M1.  One day I'll get off my ass and play through this sweet game.

Quote from: tbone3969 on 11/09/2016, 03:34 PMIt's been translated and English dubbed.
Le wut?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

NightWolve

Yeah, I'd also be happy to host it somewhere on my site if you're giving up your domain and server for whatever reasons. Lemme know.

elmer

jtucci31

Quote from: elmer on 11/09/2016, 05:04 PM
Quote from: tbone3969 on 11/09/2016, 03:34 PMIt's been translated and English dubbed.
???  :-s
Yeah it hasn't been translated yet. What?

Quote from: guest on 11/09/2016, 03:44 PMNuh uh.

M1, sorry to see it go. I've downloaded it, do you mind if I mirror it (with credit to you, of course) in the year 2036 when work resumes on DoxPhile? Or I could give you a sub domain to keep it alive. Just let me know if you are interested.
Null please do this. I've had this website on my radar for years for whenever I got around to playing this game. Sad to see it go, should have played the game sooner

CrackTiger

It's definitely worth playing through and is a slightly different experience depending on which class you choose. It's easy to play once you get the hang of it and m1savage's guide will ease you into it. It can still be tricky navigating through some areas or figuring out what to do next, but it is very enjoyable all along the way and a very unique JRPG.

SPOILER ALERT

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

ParanoiaDragon

That game never ceases to amaze me.  It has such detail & rich color, flippin' beautiful!
IMG

elmer

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 11/10/2016, 12:17 AMThat game never ceases to amaze me.  It has such detail & rich color, flippin' beautiful!
It does look beautiful, doesn't it!  :D

I'm voting to deputize Bonknuts to do the translation hacking, and for SamIAm to do the actual translation!  :wink:

mj9123456

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 11/10/2016, 12:17 AMThat game never ceases to amaze me.  It has such detail & rich color, flippin' beautiful!
Indeed. Those are some nice looking screenshots.

poponon

damn it looks so good. this is one of those games that makes me wanna improve my Japanese . How long is the game? the guide looks fairly short

tbone3969

Quote from: guest on 11/09/2016, 05:13 PM
Quote from: elmer on 11/09/2016, 05:04 PM
???  :-s
Yeah it hasn't been translated yet. What?
Sorry, I thought he meant Ys IV
"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

CrackTiger

Quote from: poponon on 11/10/2016, 08:20 AMdamn it looks so good. this is one of those games that makes me wanna improve my Japanese . How long is the game? the guide looks fairly short
If you know what you're doing and can read everything, it probably could be run through fairly quick by JRPG standards. But it feels much larger and fleshed out than most cart RPGs. You visit so many unique places with unique assets and there is a lot of variety to the dungeons and tasks you need to complete to progress. It never feels like you're just running through a recolored dungeon with the same kind of generic layout and cookie cutter enemies. Every town, city and village is also unique in design and visually.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

deubeul

Quote from: poponon on 11/10/2016, 08:20 AMdamn it looks so good. this is one of those games that makes me wanna improve my Japanese . How long is the game? the guide looks fairly short
I don't remember exactly how long i took me to complete it, but I'd say roughly around 25 hours. SamIam could correct me I think. Some battles can take some time to win.
And as BT said, there's a great replay value with the other classes.

geise

Hey M1!  Glad to see you're still around.  Sorry to hear about the site going.  I want to say thank you for the guide and for hosting this for so long!

xcrement5x

Very cool walkthrough, I never saw this myself and it's a great resource!

Do you have the Ys IV files in a higher resolution at all?  They would be great for printing out your own manuals as well.  (Unless there is another fully translated manual out there anyone else knows of?)

esteban

IMG

Here is an advertisement for Anearth Fantasy Stories:

https://archives.tg-16.com/Dengeki_PC_Engine_1994_11.htm

The full-size image can be used for your desktop.

M1Savage

Thanks for the support and offers guys! I plan to have the files available for distribution soon possibly with some added notes if I can still find them.

esteban

www.tg-16.com/anearth/intro.html

Sorry! I forgot to post this sooner.

I was going to fix some broken links but now I can't remember what/where they were. Ha!

jtucci31

Quote from: esteban on 11/21/2016, 04:41 PMwww.tg-16.com/anearth/intro.html

I was going to fix some broken links but now I can't remember what/where they were. Ha!
Hell yeah! Thanks so much esteban :)

TurboXray

Quote from: elmer on 11/10/2016, 12:45 AMIt does look beautiful, doesn't it!  :D

I'm voting to deputize Bonknuts to do the translation hacking, and for SamIAm to do the actual translation!  :wink:
Haha how did I miss this. No way. I'm done with translations. PCE has homebrew, PCE has awesome translations of top tier games, but PCE lacks super awesome demos. I'm needed elsewhere :P

SamIAm

I do hope you'll be game to finish off Spriggan Mk2 one of these days.  :D

As for Anearth here, I'd love to do the translation for it simply because it's so light. There are almost no voiced bits, the total amount of text is low, and there just aren't that many plot or character intricacies to wrestle with. It's easily one of the most practical looking games to translate on the system.

From my perspective, of course.

On that note, I'd really need a properly dumped, complete script before I could try to do anything else for this particular game.

elmer

Quote from: TurboXray on 11/23/2016, 01:26 PMHaha how did I miss this. No way. I'm done with translations. PCE has homebrew, PCE has awesome translations of top tier games, but PCE lacks super awesome demos. I'm needed elsewhere :P
Well, after all of your years of contributions to the community, I suppose that you've earned the right to do the stuff that you find fun ... after finishing Spriggan Mk2!  :wink: :lol:

Quote from: SamIAm on 11/24/2016, 10:43 PMIt's easily one of the most practical looking games to translate on the system.

From my perspective, of course.
FYI, I looked at it when I needed a break last year ... and it appears to be a bit of a swine!  :(

Message boxes seem to be made up from individual words and strings that are spread around in different compressed chunks.

A single message box can cause the decompression of lots of different script chunks.

Identifying and decoding the script is going to be very unpleasant, and putting it back again will be even more so.

elmer

Quote from: elmer on 11/25/2016, 12:10 AMFYI, I looked at it when I needed a break last year ... and it appears to be a bit of a swine!  :(
Since I've been looking at the new fast CD code in both the Xanadu 2 & Anearth, I thought that I'd take a look at the Anearth decompression again.

Yuk! ... that's some horribly-inefficient code!

I came across these "hidden" game modes while digging around. Are these already common knowledge?

Can someone tell me what the first screen says?

Code Overlay 0:
IMG

Code Overlay 1:
IMG

SamIAm

It's a warning message saying you don't have enough backup RAM to save a game, and do you want to start anyway.

I get the feeling I've seen that debug menu before...

EDIT:
Quote from: deubeul on 11/10/2016, 10:04 AMI don't remember exactly how long i took me to complete it, but I'd say roughly around 25 hours. SamIam could correct me I think.
I just noticed this. Yeah, that's about right. Actually, due to the amount of puzzle-solving, I'd say you could cut that almost in half if you used a guide at every step.

I wouldn't recommend that, though. IMHO, the best thing about this game is the dungeon design.

elmer

Quote from: SamIAm on 11/25/2016, 06:22 PMIt's a warning message saying you don't have enough backup RAM to save a game, and do you want to start anyway.

I get the feeling I've seen that debug menu before...
Thanks!  :D

I'm surprised that they dedicated and entire code overlay to that 1st message ... but then again, perhaps there are other error messages in there that displayed with different parameters.

The debug menu seems pretty functional for a shipping game.

By the time of the PS2 generation, you had to actually sign forms to say that there wasn't any "hidden" stuff in the games, and everything that was in there had to be disclosed.

Darned lawyers!  ](*,)

NightWolve

Quote from: esteban on 11/21/2016, 04:41 PMwww.tg-16.com/anearth/intro.html

Ah, very good, you took care of it nicely!