OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Analogue NT/Super NT now with more Turrican 2

Started by Medic_wheat, 01/30/2015, 05:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medic_wheat

I know there was a thread on this back in May 2014 when it was first announced but it didn't come up on may search. Maybe it was deleted. I don't think there is a single user here planing on buying it.

But it is suppose to be release next month. Also a few weeks ago pictures of the motherboard where also released. Still no video of the system in action but that will be soon.

So with it coming out soon and those pics of the inner workings what are some revised thoughts on this new clone system?

I will say one thing.  That custom motherboard is sexy as all hell.

IMG

Found some more pictures:

Here is one of the case fliped upside down:

IMG  "precision aluminum fabrication"

Here are the controllor ports:

IMG  "gold plated, reinforced pins"

Seems originally they were just going to use the origianl controllor ports which was a selling feature.  Well seems that the plastic used was not good enough and the original controllor ports were tossed for custom ones made.  In black, but for you who pre-order you can request for the ultra limited white controllor ports.

IMG

Seems there was suppose to be video of the system runing games in their super high resolution back in 17 December 2014.  That never seemed to happen.

Also their recent push back of the release from Feburary to April was not their first but a second:

"Analogue Nt Manufacturing Update

We are two thirds completed with the Analogue Nt's production. We are currently overseeing enclosure manufacturing and finishing. The Analogue Nt's enclosure goes through a multi step bead blasting finishing process. This aspect of production is one that requires outstanding attention to detail to perfection.

As we wrap up the final stage of manufacturing, we've run into a consistency issue during the enclosure finishing. To mitigate further delays - the Analogue team will be spending the holidays in China, from December to January. This allows us to personally oversee the final touches of each and every unit, to assure absolute perfection. Once the enclosures are verified and finished we'll be ready for assembly and shipping.

Due to this unforeseen hurdle, the Analogue Nt will be shipping in February 2015. "

and one more thing about that scaler/upgrader that they are selling seperatly:

"HDMI Adapter

There is one question we receive daily about the HDMI Adapter: "Does it function as well as the XRGB / Framemeister units?"

Yes.

The HDMI adapter is significantly superior to all of the pre-existing upscaling units available on the market - including the XRGB / Framemeister units.

The HDMI Adapter has a slew of incredible features and a video showcasing all of them will be out on December 17th. We cannot wait for you to see it."

I found all of this on another forum.

As far as those review systems I would have red a guess to those who are either "big ame" you tubers and those who reviewed their previous all wood CMVS.

NAMES LIKE:

CGR
IGN
DESTRUCTOID
Kotaku

Maybe

Gamester81
AVGN
Gamesack (if you ask??)
Total brskit

NecroPhile

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 01/30/2015, 05:45 PMI know there was a thread on this back in May 2014 when it was first announced but it didn't come up on may search.
That's a consequence of generic subject lines.  People like to bitch about the search feature being broken and useless, but the reality is that it works just fine and would be even better if posters would use some common sense.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

bartre

$500?
fuck that.

I'd rather just use an RGB modded regular system.
plus, if i really wanted to use it with an HDTV, there's an xrgb.
i fail to see the point of this thing.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: bartre on 01/30/2015, 06:43 PM$500?
fuck that.

I'd rather just use an RGB modded regular system.
plus, if i really wanted to use it with an HDTV, there's an xrgb.
i fail to see the point of this thing.
Hence why I doubt many will buy these systems.......

I would like to see the final numbers. Even then will they even bother with a second pre-order?

Will be fun to see some reviews on this when it hits in a few days.

More over I'd like to see a gamesack review of it. But knowing gamesack that will only happen if one is donated as a loaner similarly how they did the retron 5.

bob

Quote from: guest on 01/30/2015, 05:58 PM
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 01/30/2015, 05:45 PMI know there was a thread on this back in May 2014 when it was first announced but it didn't come up on may search.
That's a consequence of generic subject lines.  People like to bitch about the search feature being broken and useless, but the reality is that it works just fine and would be even better if posters would use some common sense.
Oh, shit.  Thanks for calling that out, boss.  I updated that thread to make it more search friendly.  I will keep that in mind with every character I type from now on.  I need to make sure people can find it 8 months later.   :P

SuperGrafx

I wish they would just spell it correctly.  ANALOG...not "ANALOGUE"
What's with the extra letters anyway?  Never understood why it's COLOUR instead of COLOR.  Or just plain old CHECK instead of CHEQUE.

So overcomplicated for no reason.

wildfruit

If someone made a super cd playable clone for sub £150 id be on it. If it could do analogue rgb for all those beautiful colours I'd send a cheque right away.

WoodyXP

Quote from: SuperGrafx on 01/31/2015, 12:30 AMWhat's with the extra letters anyway?
Because that's how the French like it.  "Analogue" is their adaptation of the Greek "Analog".
"I bathe in AES carts."

Opethian

this was manufactured and marketed towards nintendoage
they will buy this
anyone who cares about playing NES/Fami in RGB would never waste money on this

people who want to dick wag and e-peen will
IMG

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: WoodyXP on 01/31/2015, 10:59 AM
Quote from: SuperGrafx on 01/31/2015, 12:30 AMWhat's with the extra letters anyway?
Because that's how the French like it.  "Analogue" is their adaptation of the Greek "Analog".
Meh, close.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Opethian on 01/31/2015, 02:09 PMthis was manufactured and marketed towards nintendoage
they will buy this
anyone who cares about playing NES/Fami in RGB would never waste money on this

people who want to dick wag and e-peen will
And yet the only thread on nintendoage I saw was started by the founder of the company behind the Analouge NT/CMVS. That thread lasted all of two months in activity from when it was first announced in May 2014.

I have yet to see anyone who has pre-ordered this. Which is why I view it with very little possibility in having a second pre-ordering for more units.

Heck what ever doesn't sell they might take the boards and sell them naked or put them in a cheaper case and knock down that crazy ass price down to say WiiU territory.

Opethian

who knows, he burned all his free advertising opportunities at neo-geo.com and shmups. he will probably sell all he had preordered and not make more
IMG

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Opethian on 01/31/2015, 07:33 PMwho knows he  burned all his free advertising opportunities at neo-geo.com and shmups he will probably sell all he had preordered and not make more
How so?  In regards to neo geo

Opethian

he banned from market place on both sites I believe lol
IMG

Medic_wheat

Medic_wheat

Medic_wheat

Medic_wheat

It may seem like I am bashing this product but I am generally interested and have been since the get go.  Sure it is expensive, but I do greatly enjoy the CMVS unit I bought from them a few years back and still enjoy it to this date.  I also like the feedback and response you get when you email/ask questions. 

I am very interested to see how the final product runs.  I know initially they also mentioned that they would consider doing an all wood version of this system and a metal version of their Neo Geo CMVS as well (GOD imagine what THAT would cost?).

Opethian

no it seems like you are talking to yourself

terrible product from a terrible person.
IMG

DeshDildo

If their upscale is indeed as good or better than the xrgb that could be the deal of the century (as long as you can buy the add on by itself).
"You CAN'T prove Nulltard/DoxPhile caused ANY harm/damage/sabotage to PCEFX!! You have NO evidence he poached ANY members for his own failed PC Engine forum/site or was a conniving destructive saboteur! ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!! Nulltard did nothing wrong!"

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Desh on 02/02/2015, 01:49 PMIf their upscale is indeed as good or better than the xrgb that could be the deal of the century (as long as you can buy the add on by itself).
At the moment it doesn't seem like an option.

But hey never know might become a stand alone option once they send out all these pre-orders in a few more months.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Opethian on 02/02/2015, 01:45 PMno it seems like you are talking to yourself

I don't see what is so bad about this guys company personably. As a former consumer I liked the transaction. This is less of a singular moder effort and more of a guy who has built a company small as it is and appears to have a clear idea of what he wants to make. The Farrie of gaming systems for the retro crowed.

Yes it is all extravagant. And the pricing seems crazy but that just means your average thrifty gamer isn't not the target audience.

Are for talking to myself eh. Just trying to keep the thread on target with information for those who may care even if they have no intend on of buying.

What harm is there on reporting on what information pictures and what not is there versus linking to old tired articles that mostly have PR force feed from the developer.

synbiosfan

Quote from: Opethian on 02/02/2015, 01:45 PMno it seems like you are talking to yourself

Based off the other Analog products and the delays with the NT, it's hard to argue with your statement.

NecroPhile

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 02/02/2015, 02:08 PMWhat harm is there on reporting on what information pictures and what not is there versus linking to old tired articles that mostly have PR force feed from the developer.
The harm comes from you repeatedly bumping a thread when you have nothing new to add, but you couldn't be bothered to use the enter key the first go around or the edit button a few minutes later.  :P

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 02/02/2015, 03:43 PM
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 02/02/2015, 02:08 PMWhat harm is there on reporting on what information pictures and what not is there versus linking to old tired articles that mostly have PR force feed from the developer.
The harm comes from you repeatedly bumping a thread when you have nothing new to add, but you couldn't be bothered to use the enter key the first go around or the edit button a few minutes later.  :P
Clearly you don't know how difficult and unintuitve modifying or editing a post is when on a touch phone. Hell just getting it to scroll half the time is a real bitch. Which is why I find it vastly easier to post a new response.

I have tried tap talk as an altneritive but I don't know. It doesn't even seem to work currently with this forum as a run error message comes up even when it is trying to notify me of updates or responses. So I alway click through a fumbly web browser when I use the Internet on my phone.

ClodBusted

Thanks for posting all this information.
Sounds like it's time for a proper computer then? :)

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 02/02/2015, 04:27 PMThanks for posting all this information.
Sounds like it's time for a proper computer then? :)
Well I am at work and hey sorta blocked my ability to visit forums lol. Some how they want me to work instead of being all into video games.  Lol

At home the only computer I have is connected to my living room tv.  Mostly I just DL movies and such and never use it as intended.  Even if I did honestly my vision is so loss poor I would really be able to read the txt.

Oddly this whole posting on forums is much easier on my tablet but I inly ever use it when connected to wifi. So at the moment that to is not an option. So everyone here gets to suffer as I butcher the English language and post post post.  Bu wa ha ha

NecroPhile

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 02/02/2015, 03:49 PMClearly you don't know how difficult and unintuitve modifying or editing a post is when on a touch phone.
I know full well that posting from a phone isn't as good as doing it from a computer.  I also know that several members post frequently from their phones, yet you're the only one that can't manage to consistently post coherent messages.

Opethian

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 02/02/2015, 02:08 PM

I don't see what is so bad about this guys company personably. As a former consumer I liked the transaction. This is less of a singular moder effort and more of a guy who has built a company small as it is and appears to have a clear idea of what he wants to make. The Farrie of gaming systems for the retro crowed.

Yes it is all extravagant. And the pricing seems crazy but that just means your average thrifty gamer isn't not the target audience.

Are for talking to myself eh. Just trying to keep the thread on target with information for those who may care even if they have no intend on of buying.

What harm is there on reporting on what information pictures and what not is there versus linking to old tired articles that mostly have PR force feed from the developer.
Enjoy overpaying for a console. This guy is out to make as much money off of misinformed people as possible. Also enjoy overpriced, proprietary video cables If he didn't care about making money he would let you use any AV cable an not his overpriced one.
IMG

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Opethian on 02/02/2015, 04:51 PM
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 02/02/2015, 02:08 PM

Enjoy overpaying for a console. This guy is out to make as much money off of misinformed people as possible. Also enjoy overpriced, proprietary video cables If he didn't care about making money he would let you use any AV cable an not his overpriced one.
Granted the cables and controllers are over prices but not needed. Plus most gamers probably have thrones of NES controlers and AV cables bundled in various boxes and hide away places.

For the majority even for the CMVS people only need the system and the power cable. Everything else they either already have or can find much cheaper provided you don't go to a gaming store that will gauge you compairable prices.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 02/02/2015, 03:43 PM
Oh come now I am not the only one here who's post at times look like garbled mess as though someone spit out their ABC soup on the computer screen.

Opethian

Are you trying to get a beta unit? I don't understand why you are defending this guy so much.

on a side note:

you are slipping you used to have almost 8 posts per day. when you keep responding to your own posts to boost your post count it makes you look like you don't think before post. see how I used the edit button to add this info and not start a new post? I don't need more posts post count don't mean shit when there is no substance...
IMG

wildfruit

If you crave pcefx on the move try windows phone. The tapatalk is very smooth. Much better than ios. I don't know what android is like?

Medic_wheat

I'll work on that post count. Been slipping. 

Not that I ever kept track of that.

I am defending the guy because on a personal level he has done nothing that bothers me. So it is more that you and I have opposing views then me defending him.

As for the beta thing. Nope not a plan. That gives me to much credit that I plan that far in advance. Also the fact that he is unaware of this threads existence to my knowledge. This is just a thread about a product that I have slapped information about together and waited for responses.

But the responses have been largely negative for various reasons. Unfortunately without video of the system in action or specs on the HDMI Upscaler it is hard to say more then ones opinions regarding:

-length of time for production

-use of original PPU/CPUs from junked famicoms.

-looke of the system

-materials being used and thoughts of them as a whole

-price

Apart from that there isn't much more to be said. Unless you have personal issues with Christop, his company, or mix there of.

I have only ever spoken as a interested third party and prior customer of his CMVS which I like mind you I never bothered with the all wood controlors I just use original controlors.

ClodBusted

Quote from: wildfruit on 02/03/2015, 10:23 AMIf you crave pcefx on the move try windows phone. The tapatalk is very smooth.
+1.
I write 90% of my posts on PCEFX using Tapatalk on Windows Phone. Hell, I can even edit my posts. And I managed to turn off Tapatalk's annoying signature line. Am I 1337 now?

wildfruit

Quote from: ClodBuster on 02/03/2015, 01:50 PM
Quote from: wildfruit on 02/03/2015, 10:23 AMIf you crave pcefx on the move try windows phone. The tapatalk is very smooth.
+1.
I write 90% of my posts on PCEFX using Tapatalk on Windows Phone. Hell, I can even edit my posts. And I managed to turn off Tapatalk's annoying signature line. Am I 1337 now?
Dunno let me ask Cortana.

ClodBusted

What's her reply?

Medic_wheat

Quote from: ClodBuster on 02/03/2015, 01:50 PM
+1.
Maybe it is because I am using an iPhone?  I don't know. I use to use android and loved it. But then I changed phone companies/plans to my wife's and since the migration I went ahead and got me a fancy pants iPhone. Some times I feel like a chimp in the opening scene to 2001 a space odyssey

Also I am just last most of the time when it comes to editing or reducting a post to add relivent information. Maybe I'll use a computer later today and reformat this whole thread a bit more.

and updated......although I couldn't find an option to delet the comments made prior when I condenced the information.

ClodBusted

No worries, I'm not here just to annoy you. :) so I'll keep my mouth shut until I've got something more productive to say in this thread.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 02/03/2015, 05:42 PMboring. this topic is boring.
Thank you. It is a specialty of mine.  :twisted:

Opethian

He is raping PPU and CPU from units. It sounds like you don't know anything about this guy and his ethics or you don't care. I hope his endeavors all fail and he deserves it.
IMG

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Opethian on 02/04/2015, 09:03 AMHe is raping PPU and CPU from units. It sounds like you don't know anything about this guy and his ethics or you don't care. I hope his endeavors all fail and he deserves it.
I addressed that in one of my post. I am fully aware of that.

But in this instance I am in the camp of I don't care due to mass availability of these chip sets from old systems. Yes at some point with any legacy system that is no longer being produced this WILL be a problem.

But it is no where near as bad as taking parts out of a play choice ten, arcade unit, or can abolishing a game that might be more rare/short supply to make homebrew a and other mods.

The best solution would be to recreate the chip sets maybe even redesign them smaller and better but that takes time and money which I don't see anyone investing either in at this time.

Personally I have gone for the cheaper option of that kickstarter that replaces part of an original NES front loader for a better connection. $20 was more in my budget.

NecroPhile

Isn't this the guy that flat out lied about sacking old systems for the chips, claiming they'd use only new components?  I don't deal with flaming pants.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 02/04/2015, 10:07 AMIsn't this the guy that flat out lied about sacking old systems for the chips, claiming they'd use only new components?  I don't deal with flaming pants.
No but he did dance around it for two months before confirming on the Neo-geo forums that was wxactly what he was going to do.

This lead to a very funny famicom holocost of 2014 meme IMO.

I an blanking on his forum name but there is one member on the Neo-geo forums who is very knowledgable on the engine rings side of what makes a NES tick and he basically tore Analoug NT a new one calling out all the bosting that was misleading PR on what was being achived.

Things like steep being impossible and at best it is a mix stereo mono that was being created and not true stereo sound as the five channels that sound is broken up into that the NES chip can creat limits the ability to creat true steep audio. That and none of the NES games where made to use stereo but instead the five channel sounds.

He was also VERY vocal on the sacking of CPUs and PPUS from old systems as a detramint to keeping old systems alive as it makes the rest of the system a pile of trash taking out the brain.

Which is why yes the best option would be to make your own POU and CPU and possibly enhance or shrink it all down. But that simply isn't happaning.

synbiosfan

The forum members here don't seem interested.

You may just want to talk about it at NG.com. You're taking heat here that should be directed at Christoff or whatever his name is.

There's plenty of topics people here do want to talk about.

ClodBusted

Just out of curiousity (and again, since I'm plain dumb lol), please tell me what's steep audio.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 02/04/2015, 01:57 PMJust out of curiousity (and again, since I'm plain dumb lol), please tell me what's steep audio.
Lol.  No no that is just my thumb typing skills.

Stereo is what it is suppose to read.

SignOfZeta

This thing seems great. Try to get a case like that made anywhere in the U.S. and you're looking at probably $500 already. It's a boutique item for well off people who love NES and if I gave two shits for that system I'd certainly look into it.

You can't fall into the falacy of comparing the price of something manufactured at home in quantities of hundreds or maybe only dozens to mass produced items like XRGBs. They are both gaming electronics, but beyond that they are as different as space travel and onion farming.

That being said, I don't like the NES very much, I don't really care for rich-ass Euro Neo fans, and their company name is not only stupid (why is everything you sell digital?) but their logo is extremely similar to that of Arturia, which is also French, and actually makes analog electronics, so you'd think they'd think that through some more.
IMG

Opethian

All you are buying into in his products is his marketing.

Everything is amazing when you understand nothing...
IMG

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Opethian on 02/04/2015, 04:14 PMAll you are buying into in his products is his marketing.

Everything is amazing when you understand nothing...
I gleefully understand little and comprehend less.  :-"