Nintendo FINALLY brings back Punch-Out!!

Started by Alt-PyschoNintega, 01/09/2009, 06:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alt-PyschoNintega

First day purchase! Finally Wii gets a GAME.
IMG

nectarsis

My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Tatsujin

i'm still n-joying the old Punch Out, which i believe is still superior to the wee-ones.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

albinoMithos

Quote from: Tatsujin on 01/09/2009, 08:01 PMi'm still n-joying the old Punch Out, which i believe is still superior to the wee-ones.
Super Punch Out FTW.  Also lol, Mike Tyson.

Tatsujin

Quote from: Mithos on 01/09/2009, 08:20 PM
Quote from: Tatsujin on 01/09/2009, 08:01 PMi'm still n-joying the old Punch Out, which i believe is still superior to the wee-ones.
Super Punch Out FTW.  Also lol, Mike Tyson.
noo way freshmaker :mrgreen: Punch Out FTW! probably the best sports related game ever created in history of video games :D
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Keranu

Yeah I'm looking really forward to this. Was relieved when they finally announced it last fall after all the speculation. Looks like they're trying to be faithful to the NES game.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Turbo D

Looks cool, probably should've been on the gamecube though, lol. I wish Nintendo would come up with some new hits instead of living off of their past accomplishments. I think this can be said of Sega as well who has decided to whore out poor Sonic to every electronic device in existence.
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

guyjin

Quote from: turbo D on 01/10/2009, 05:32 AMLooks cool, probably should've been on the gamecube though, lol. I wish Nintendo would come up with some new hits instead of living off of their past accomplishments.
Umm, wii sports? hello?  :P

But I feel the same way about Disney.

Alt-PyschoNintega

You never know. It may or may not live up to the originals.
IMG

albinoMithos

Quote from: Psycho Alt-Nintega on 01/10/2009, 01:11 PM
You never know. It may or may not live up to the originals.
Given Nintendo's current track record it won't live up to the originals.

Turbo D

Quote from: guyjin on 01/10/2009, 11:39 AM
Quote from: turbo D on 01/10/2009, 05:32 AMLooks cool, probably should've been on the gamecube though, lol. I wish Nintendo would come up with some new hits instead of living off of their past accomplishments.
Umm, wii sports? hello?  :P

But I feel the same way about Disney.
I guess you're right :oops:. Wii Sports is pretty bad-ass 8).
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

oldskool

Yay, this looks pretty cool, and faithful to the original!  I'm getting it!

rag-time4

They should consider licensing Manny Pacquiao or Mike Tyson for this. Just the fact that Tyson was so dominant when the original came out really added to the appeal of the game. The only problem with Pacquiao is even though he's totally dominant, he's not a heavyweight, so they would be breaking their tradition of having the final bosses be heavyweights.