10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

anyone ever played the MAC or PC ,, EXILE games? American made RPG

Started by anRPGlegend, 03/09/2011, 03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anRPGlegend

In the 90s I always knew about Exile the crusader classic for TCD, but I never got to play it untill I was an adult with money.

What I did play in the 90s and even though I knew of the TCD legendary game I played the cards that were handed to me, a little sharware game called Exile: Escape from the Pit. This was Oblivion minus the graphics in 1995!! An original in RPGing! Fantastic game trilogy HANDS DOWN!

anyone else played it on their old PCs?

Arkhan Asylum

Yep.

Theres more than one of the Exile games for PC.  I loved those games.  They were like an epic spinoff Ultima style game with so much to offer it hurt.

I still fire them up from time to time and run around slaying things with my cat dudes.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

anRPGlegend

lol! ^ or "catheads" like the game itself calls them !  Now that I have the full versions I am finally beating the games ass after all these years of it laughing at me for not being registered! 

To compensate for the lack of music I just play huge top 100 or top 50 RPG themes off youtube. MAKES THE GAME SO EPIC!! currently whupping Exile 1. I remember it being the most difficult of the trilogy.

I hate Avernum BTW.