The Analogue Turbo Duo clone shipped in time for Christmas 2023. Are you happy with yours ?? Find firmware updates here.
Main Menu

Playstation TV

Started by DragonmasterDan, 10/14/2014, 07:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonmasterDan

Did anyone else pick one of these up?

Mine has spent the past few hours updating and downloading my free voucher game, with the apparently super congested Playstation Network.

I'm noticing no YouTube or Netflix app for it either right now.

Is anyone having more fun with theirs than I have so far?
--DragonmasterDan

esteban

I didn't even know this was released. I remember when PS TV was a mere press release.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

jtucci31

I forgot about this as well. I was excited to hear it was coming to the US but completely forgot about it until now.

ParanoiaDragon

It's on it's way to me in the mail, I had some Best Buy points, so I got 10 bucks off.  I hope eventually(if not already) it works with the PS3 remote, that I'd prefer to use that in the case of navigating Hulu, etc.
IMG

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 10/15/2014, 01:42 AMIt's on it's way to me in the mail, I had some Best Buy points, so I got 10 bucks off.  I hope eventually(if not already) it works with the PS3 remote, that I'd prefer to use that in the case of navigating Hulu, etc.
Right now there is no Hulu for it :(
--DragonmasterDan

JoshTurboTrollX

Why PS TV when you've already got the Ouya!?   ;)

Ouya 4 Lyfe
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 10/15/2014, 09:21 AMWhy PS TV when you've already got the Ouya!?   ;)

Ouya 4 Lyfe
I wanted to be able to play Vita games, and do hope the compatible game list gets updated over time.
--DragonmasterDan

NecroPhile

I'm hoping I get one for x-mas.  There's no Ys patch yet anyway.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

PukeSter

Quote from: NecroPhile on 10/15/2014, 09:35 AMI'm hoping I get one for x-mas.  There's no Ys patch yet anyway.
Ys 7 from PSP is on it, but no Memories of Celceta. :(

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 10/15/2014, 04:31 AM
Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 10/15/2014, 01:42 AMIt's on it's way to me in the mail, I had some Best Buy points, so I got 10 bucks off.  I hope eventually(if not already) it works with the PS3 remote, that I'd prefer to use that in the case of navigating Hulu, etc.
Right now there is no Hulu for it :(
I'm sure it will eventually have Hulu.  Until it does, I can keep using my Wii for that, since it doesn't get used for much else, though I still want to play Metroid Prime 3 one of these days.
IMG

xcrement5x

Yeah right now I'm kind of disappointed with the overall support for the PS TV.  Hopefully solid Vita game support is implemented and/or hackers have their way with it.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

reson8er

Got one and hooked it up but have been too busy to really give it a proper try out.

The hook up I did was not final as I need to figure out if I'll keep it on my primary TV or a smaller TV for when my wife has the main set occupied.

ctophil

The Playstation TV looks interesting.  It just feels like a product for some people who are not going to own a PS Vita and other Playstation systems.  I own just about all the consoles out there.  I even have a Vizio streaming device so a Playstation TV is pointless. 

I would rather get an Ouya, at least it has games I can't play on Sony's consoles.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 10/15/2014, 08:48 PMI'm sure it will eventually have Hulu.  Until it does, I can keep using my Wii for that, since it doesn't get used for much else, though I still want to play Metroid Prime 3 one of these days.
I don't use Hulu plus, but I do use netflix,youtube and play video files on consoles. I had been using the Wii for my bedroom TV and netflix, I just recently moved my Ouya upstairs and made that the media device for the bedroom.
--DragonmasterDan

Duo_R

anyone digging their PS TV? Has there been a major update yet?
Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

ParanoiaDragon

I had my family room tv go out on me, so I haven't fiddled with it too much yet. Finally got a new tv, & have been gradually working with configuring the setup with all the dang converters(composite, S-video, & component respectively) I needed to play older game systems, man, all these cables give me anxiety, it's all very frustrating! Still not done with that, had to order some more stuff from monoprice.  I did try out all my physical games, I only have 2 that work, they looked really nice on the big screen! I'll eventually try some of the digital games(PS1, PSP, & PSN) stuff I have.  Last I checked, Hulu, etc. still don't work, but maybe there's separate apps coming?
IMG

reson8er

Finally connected my PSTV to my set up. 

A warning: If you try to rely on the PSTV's WiFi, your screwed. The WiFi is pretty atrocious I was trying to stream a game from my PS4 to the PSTV and it was basically unplayable with lag spikes and freezes constantly interrupting play.

Once I hooked it up wired, it ran super smoothly and was very playable. So far my use has been restricted to using it as a proxy PS4 when my wife wants to use the TV, so in that sense, it actually has preformed quite well.