10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Show us your face!

Started by ClodBusted, 01/24/2015, 03:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClodBusted

I wonder how you guys all look like.
me1oyws.jpg
FYI, that's me and my parrot.

HailingTheThings

Can't tell if joking.
IMG

Sarumaru

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 01/24/2015, 04:02 AMCan't tell if joking.
Quite possibly,... But meh, I'll bite.

IMG
IMG

bob

Bernie

Ok.  :)

189193885_n.jpg
lost: /1094441_10200476205404025_1656222960_o.jpg

Bernie

And, here I am with the man that started it all for me and the Turbo Grafx 16 way back then.  My mom got him the system and a few games.  That started some good times right there.  It's cool having a dad that loves to game.  Hell, he used to call in to work sick just to stay home and obey.... lol

/64213_10200723307501423_977609786_n.jpg

ccovell

Total goatee and/or moustache deficiency in comparison, but...
IMG

NightWolve

Quote from: Bernie on 01/24/2015, 08:38 AMIt's cool having a dad that loves to game.  Hell, he used to call in to work sick just to stay home and obey.... lol

Ha, that's cool.

Bernie

Quote from: ccovell on 01/24/2015, 09:10 AMTotal goatee and/or moustache deficiency in comparison, but...
IMG
Finally, a face to put with all those cool toys you have released!

mitsuman

Here's me and some of my friends. I'm the one on the right.

IMG

Bernie

That is the creepiest thing I have ever seen...I will have nightmares now...

esteban

Sarumaru: If it weren't for the framed "sarumaru" in the first picture, none of us could be 100% certain that that was a picture of you. Ha! 

Quote from: Bernie on 01/24/2015, 11:10 AMThat is the creepiest thing I have ever seen...I will have nightmares now...
Hahaahhahahahahahahaha. Yup.

Quote from: Bernie on 01/24/2015, 08:38 AMAnd, here I am with the man that started it all for me and the Turbo Grafx 16 way back then.  My mom got him the system and a few games.  That started some good times right there.  It's cool having a dad that loves to game.  Hell, he used to call in to work sick just to stay home and obey.... lol

Having an elder who encouraged video games sounds great! :) Seriously.

Quote from: ccovell on 01/24/2015, 09:10 AMTotal goatee and/or moustache deficiency in comparison, but...
IMG
The photo is of a charming boy...but the online personality has always seemed edgier (snarkier).

Amiwrong?

Also, I like how the Casio/Seiko calculator watch sneaked it's way into that photo. Or is it solar powered? What the heck is that watch? :)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

esteban

Sorry, I forgot how to resize stuff (embarrassing, since I posted the damn code not too long ago).

selfie.webp

I chose this photo because I love wearing my daughter's turquoise headband.

SephirothTNH

You mean to tell me that only Sarumaru, Nightwolve, and Myself use our actual mugs as our avatar?  World Shattered.

BrosephPCE

I'm not supposed to show my face because I'm a ninja. True story.

IMG

wildfruit

So this is actually me
IMG

cjameslv

Me (nintendo shirt), wife & my bro at cosmo (some drinking festival they had last month).
/oa7ina.jpg

selfie.webp

NightWolve

Quote from: SephirothTNH on 01/24/2015, 02:03 PMYou mean to tell me that only Sarumaru, Nightwolve, and Myself use our actual mugs as our avatar?  World Shattered.
Hahaha!

Gentlegamer

IMG

There was a documentary made about me and my friend:
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

ccovell

Quote from: esteban on 01/24/2015, 01:12 PMIMG

The photo is of a charming boy...but the online personality has always seemed edgier (snarkier).

Amiwrong?

Also, I like how the Casio/Seiko calculator watch sneaked it's way into that photo. Or is it solar powered? What the heck is that watch? :)
Yeah, I'm both.  Snarky and charming.

The watch is a "batteryless" (har har) solar watch.  I love hi-tech watches but most of them are too huge and thicker than a hockey puck on the wrist.

/casio-watch-al-180.jpg

HailingTheThings

I have a really bad cold. :)

IMG
IMG

Dicer

esteban

Quote from: ccovell on 01/24/2015, 06:55 PM
Quote from: esteban on 01/24/2015, 01:12 PMIMG

Amiwrong?

Yeah, I'm both.  Snarky and charming.

The watch is a "batteryless" (har har) solar watch.  I love hi-tech watches but most of them are too huge and thicker than a hockey puck on the wrist.

/casio-watch-al-180.jpg
Ha! Solar powered is a real thing, that's intriguing. :)

bob

ParanoiaDragon

Aha, there be ninja's amongst us!!

I too am a ninja!  This is me in my full garb.
IMG

I took down this bear just last week!
IMG

And when I'm angry, this is what happens(though, you really don't want to see me when I get angry!)
IMG
IMG

NightWolve

Alright, I'll spill the beans, well, partly... Instead of a modified selfie Hailing-style, warped or otherwise, I just went with sunglasses. I've typically used distant photos for Facebook, or from when I was a kid, never something clear that'd guarantee recognition offline in the present, etc.

At39SelfieAV.png

Edit - Posing in the backyard with the ole Ys/PCE collection (The background bush was a bit Roda-looking so thought it might be a nice touch, though a storm destroyed it the next year):

IMG

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 01/24/2015, 07:10 PMI have a really bad cold. :)

IMG
Always gotta hand it to him, he's got a unique style. ;)

HailingTheThings

IMG

Psycho Punch

This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

NightWolve

Quote from: guest on 01/24/2015, 10:33 PMLeave it up for like 15 seconds, nw? Afraid the NSA would detect it? :lol:  too late for ccovell... that amiga will be the last thing he hugs.
Well, they got a reason to come after him for putting anti-NSA propaganda in his HuZero videogame! He's an enemy of the state. ;) He can't hide over there in Japan for long!

esteban

Quote from: Gentlegamer on 01/24/2015, 05:30 PMIMG
There was a documentary made about me and my friend:
Ha.

So, I never saw that before. I actually enjoyed it. Probably because I loved playing pen&paper D&D back in the day.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 01/24/2015, 10:33 PMLeave it up for like 15 seconds, nw? Afraid the NSA would detect it? :lol:  too late for ccovell... that amiga will be the last thing he hugs.
I missed it. DAMMIT! I will never know.

Bloufo

You are what you play.

Here's me:

/15yue80.jpg

No?  :P

Ok, here's me with my eldest,

IMG

cjameslv

Psycho Punch

^^^ Good nightmare fuel, but Hailing has the most disturbing pic by far. Best pics are from NSAmiga and Albert Wesker.

Reviews brought to you by someone who didn't post his pic.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!

wildfruit

Quote from: guest on 01/25/2015, 12:51 AM^^^ Good nightmare fuel, but Hailing has the most disturbing pic by far.
Hailing is a tease.

jtucci31

That is about what i expected of Hailing.

cr8zykuban0

Quote from: cjameslv on 01/24/2015, 03:26 PMMe (nintendo shirt), wife & my bro at cosmo (some drinking festival they had last month).
/oa7ina.jpg
wait a minute! weren't you the owner from the gamers center??? man, i used to love going there!!!!

cr8zykuban0

this is me! ooooh yeah!
IMG

esteban

Quote from: cr8zykuban0 on 01/25/2015, 02:10 AMthis is me! ooooh yeah!
IMG
I didn't know you dressed up as Jesus for Halloween.

cr8zykuban0

yep! too bad everyone eles thought I was isis

NightWolve

Quote from: esteban on 01/24/2015, 11:20 PM
Quote from: Nulltard on 01/24/2015, 10:33 PMLeave it up for like 15 seconds, nw? Afraid the NSA would detect it? :lol:  too late for ccovell... that amiga will be the last thing he hugs.
I missed it. DAMMIT! I will never know.
Oh, I thought you guys were joking. Now it says even for me it was deleted or moved. I'll fix it. That's weird, it worked initially.

EDIT: OK, it'll take refreshing of the link many times if using Chrome but should be working now.

OldRover

Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

Bloufo

bob

all right, I'm in.
My wife suffers from a condition of swirl face.  Not much the doctors can do for her.

dotsandloops . com/games/garden.jpg

Psycho Punch

Quote from: Bloufo on 01/25/2015, 10:39 AM
Quote from: OldRover on 01/25/2015, 09:41 AMIMG
^^
dude got his game face on. don't-mess-with-me  :P
He's the combination of The Rock + Steven Seagal. You simply don't mess with a PCE homebrewer.

Meanwhile, at the Amiga scene...

Quote from: ccovell on 01/24/2015, 09:10 AMIMG
(just joking chris :) )

NightWolve

Quote from: cjameslv on 01/25/2015, 12:47 AM<<<<<Fixed.
/24ecow0.jpg
How did you do that actually ? Seems like it's a pretty good fix. He should've used the swirly effect like galam did on the wife to fully prevent a reasonable recreation. ;)

bob

*shudders from Nulltard's upcoming troll response*

NightWolve

Yesss, brace yourself! Payback is coming!! ;)

NightWolve

Quote from: esteban on 01/25/2015, 06:35 AM
Quote from: cr8zykuban0 on 01/25/2015, 02:10 AMthis is me! ooooh yeah!
IMG
I didn't know you dressed up as Jesus for Halloween.
Quote from: cr8zykuban0 on 01/25/2015, 08:45 AMyep! too bad everyone else thought I was ISIS
Yeah, people always jump to the worst of conclusions based on your dressing attire and your upholding of Constitutional Rights to keep and bear arms for the purposes of defending your life, liberty and property, as well as that of your loved ones!! See a guy walking around with a gun/rifle in his hands, a towel on his head, assume he doesn't have an open-carry licensing permit based on said appearance, make wild accusations, even try to tackle the guy! What's the world coming to these days ?? :P IT'S MADNESS I TELL YA!

DeshDildo

Meh... I'll get in on this.  I'll post a picture one of my co-workers took of me at the office.

IMG
"You CAN'T prove Nulltard/DoxPhile caused ANY harm/damage/sabotage to PCEFX!! You have NO evidence he poached ANY members for his own failed PC Engine forum/site or was a conniving destructive saboteur! ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!! Nulltard did nothing wrong!"