So I built an arcade pedastal

Started by technozombie, 05/07/2014, 10:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

technozombie

I'm just wondering peoples opinion on what Turbo games would be great played in an arcade fashion, or what games people think have a superior arcade version. If I play the arcade Space Harrier does that count as obeying?  :P

CrackTiger

Neo Geo ports.

Kabuki Itouryoden
Super Dariuses
Tatsujin
Areoblasters
Forgotten Worlds
Screen clearing games (Don Doko Don, Pop'n Magic, Circus Lido, Zipang, Buster Bros, Be Ball, etc)
Sapphire, Lords, Gate of Thunder (OBVIOUSLY)
Kaze Kiri
China Warrior
JJ & Jeff, New Adventure Island, Bikkuriman world, Monster Lair
Altered Beast, Shinobi
Pyramid Plunder, Lucretia, Revival Chase, Meteor Blaster
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

kakutolives

Quote from: guest on 05/07/2014, 11:28 PMNeo Geo ports.

Kabuki Itouryoden
Super Dariuses
Tatsujin
Areoblasters
Forgotten Worlds
Screen clearing games (Don Doko Don, Pop'n Magic, Circus Lido, Zipang, Buster Bros, Be Ball, etc)
Kaze Kiri
China Warrior
Altered Beast, Shinobi
every single one in that list is fun as hell! :P
Good Sellers (in my experience)
Samurai Ghost, Keith Courage, Bernie, tggodfrey, bartre (hoping to add more to this list soon)

People who are just plain Awesome:
BlueBMW (to this day i thank you for hooking me up with Sapphire and getting me started with collecting PCE games)

jelloslug

I would build a MAME cab and have it either have inputs for the turbo or emulate the turbo.

technozombie

Kabuki Itouryoden
Super Dariuses
Tatsujin
Areoblasters
Forgotten Worlds
Kaze Kiri
China Warrior
Altered Beast, Shinobi
I look forward to trying these out. Although I don't have a spinner for Forgotten Worlds. Speaking of Shinobi, someone gave me (for free) a Shinobi cabinet. The cabinet is shit but I cleaned the contacts on the board and tried a new power supply and it works. The monitor has the title screen burned in but its not noticeable when playing. I didn't realize there was a Shinobi on the PC engine.

Tatsujin

Monster Lair
Ninja Spirits
R-Type
Mr. heli
Vigilante
Hero Tonma
Image Fight II
etc.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

technozombie

It's easy to forget that almost every game back then was an arcade port.

Tatsujin

not every by a far, but a lot yes.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

johnnykonami

Quote from: technozombie on 05/08/2014, 06:53 PM

Kabuki Itouryoden
Super Dariuses
Tatsujin
Areoblasters
Forgotten Worlds
Kaze Kiri
China Warrior
Altered Beast, Shinobi
I look forward to trying these out. Although I don't have a spinner for Forgotten Worlds.
You might as well go with the Mame version of Kabuki Itouryoden, Darius, Tatsujin, etc.  Remember for the mame version of Forgotten worlds, not only do you need a spinner, but a push/pull spinner since it doubled as a button.  If you do get one then you can also play Discs of Tron.

I think if you are entertaining people, go with the big guns and original games your friends and guests may have never played.  I second Gate of Thunder and Lords of Thunder, as well as Spriggan as they aren't available on any other console or arcade.  Oh, Air Zonk and Magical Chase too.  Shooters are perfect for arcade games.

New Adventure Island and Parasol Stars are great exclusives too (Well, I know there's a Parasol Stars port on GB but this is the original)

You might wanna include Bomberman 93' or 94', and if you are looking for a similar experience in MAME try out Exvania, depending on how many players you have on your control panel.  Battle Lode Runner, too, if you're a fan.

I also recommend using the Japanese arcade version of Splatterhouse, to have the most unfiltered experience.

PCE Batman is pretty arcadey as is Gomola Speed.

Finally, I know you were asking for TG-16 suggestions, but I just wanted to throw in one my favorite titles on MAME:  Nitroball.  Give it a shot!  It's not a sports game technically but it's a homage to American Gladiators/The Running Man/Smash TV in a way.  It's really a run and gun shooter that mashes up all kinds of weird stuff including the fact that your character turns into a pinball.

technozombie

I'll give that Nitroball a try. Today I was playing some pool game that shows pictures of ladies when you win. I started playing it as a joke but the game was actually pretty fun lol. I built it for 4 people so that I can have friends over for TMNT,The Simpsons,X-men, etc. Here is my pedestal so far

NecroPhile

Quote from: johnnykonami on 05/09/2014, 02:44 PMYou might as well go with the Mame version of Kabuki Itouryoden...
No such thing.  They're both T.M. vs. fighters, but Kabuki Itouryoden is not a port of Kabuki Klash.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Psycho Punch

Quote from: technozombie on 05/09/2014, 03:22 PMI'll give that Nitroball a try. Today I was playing some pool game that shows pictures of ladies when you win. I started playing it as a joke but the game was actually pretty fun lol.
Pocket Gal by Data East? Dude this game is a classic! It's pretty good actually, and it can stand on its own without boobies... fact. Remember that Pocket Gal and Pocket Gal DX got ports to the NES and SNES respectively, as "Side Pocket", without le titties. I guess that's enough to prove it is a good game.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs!
I had to delete THOUSANDS of error log entries cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

technozombie

Quote from: guest on 05/09/2014, 05:11 PM
Quote from: technozombie on 05/09/2014, 03:22 PMI'll give that Nitroball a try. Today I was playing some pool game that shows pictures of ladies when you win. I started playing it as a joke but the game was actually pretty fun lol.
Pocket Gal by Data East? Dude this game is a classic! It's pretty good actually, and it can stand on its own without boobies... fact. Remember that Pocket Gal and Pocket Gal DX got ports to the NES and SNES respectively, as "Side Pocket", without le titties. I guess that's enough to prove it is a good game.
Actually it was TargetBall, I only started playing it because I had no idea what it was going to be about.

johnnykonami

Quote from: technozombie on 05/09/2014, 03:22 PMI'll give that Nitroball a try. Today I was playing some pool game that shows pictures of ladies when you win. I started playing it as a joke but the game was actually pretty fun lol. I built it for 4 people so that I can have friends over for TMNT,The Simpsons,X-men, etc. Here is my pedestal so far
Nice!  I am planning on making something similar, I love four player games.  What else can you check out..
well on the TG-16 side there's also Dungeon Explorer and DE2, for MAME, check out Night Slashers, Undercover Cops, Metamorphic Force and Violent Storm (Some good B-list 3-4 player beat'em ups).

Quote from: guest on 05/09/2014, 03:23 PM
Quote from: johnnykonami on 05/09/2014, 02:44 PMYou might as well go with the Mame version of Kabuki Itouryoden...
No such thing.  They're both T.M. vs. fighters, but Kabuki Itouryoden is not a port of Kabuki Klash.
My bad, I thought it was!  I have Tengai Makyou 1-3 on PCE, and 4 on Saturn, and planning on picking up the PC-FX fighter one day.  I guess now I have another title to keep an eye out for!  Is it decent?

NecroPhile

Quote from: johnnykonami on 05/09/2014, 06:00 PMMy bad, I thought it was!  I have Tengai Makyou 1-3 on PCE, and 4 on Saturn, and planning on picking up the PC-FX fighter one day.  I guess now I have another title to keep an eye out for!  Is it decent?
Heck yeah!  I'm not vs. fighter connoisseur, but it's my second favorite vs. fighter on the system (right behind Godzilla, which only wins because monsters).  With so few Arcade Card titles, it's definitely a must buy if ya got the card, especially since it's rather cheap.  It sports beautifully detailed backgrounds, good controls, and a neato cast of characters; the only thing I don't particularly like is the hard to pull off desperation moves that the cpu seems to have no troubles using.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

johnnykonami

Quote from: guest on 05/09/2014, 06:12 PM
Quote from: johnnykonami on 05/09/2014, 06:00 PMMy bad, I thought it was!  I have Tengai Makyou 1-3 on PCE, and 4 on Saturn, and planning on picking up the PC-FX fighter one day.  I guess now I have another title to keep an eye out for!  Is it decent?
Heck yeah!  I'm not vs. fighter connoisseur, but it's my second favorite vs. fighter on the system (right behind Godzilla, which only wins because monsters).  With so few Arcade Card titles, it's definitely a must buy if ya got the card, especially since it's rather cheap.  It sports beautifully detailed backgrounds, good controls, and a neato cast of characters; the only thing I don't particularly like is the hard to pull off desperation moves that the cpu seems to have no troubles using.
Sounds good!  I am still curious if there's any connection to Kabuki Clash, which I like a lot.  That's a game I'd love to get if I ever get an AES/MVS.  I'm also not a big VS. Fighter game but I did used to own Algunos and Martial Champion for the PCE, and I think the only other one I can think of that I've played on the system is probably 120% Asuka Burning Fest which a friend had.  None of them were terribly spectacular.  Oh, I guess Ranma 1/2 counts, sorta, I do still own that one.

I kinda miss Algunos, I remember liking the music even though I'm fairly sure the game was kinda on the bad side.

CrackTiger

Quote from: johnnykonami on 05/09/2014, 06:36 PM
Quote from: NecroPhile on 05/09/2014, 06:12 PM
Sounds good!  I am still curious if there's any connection to Kabuki Clash, which I like a lot.  That's a game I'd love to get if I ever get an AES/MVS.  I'm also not a big VS. Fighter game but I did used to own Algunos and Martial Champion for the PCE, and I think the only other one I can think of that I've played on the system is probably 120% Asuka Burning Fest which a friend had.  None of them were terribly spectacular.  Oh, I guess Ranma 1/2 counts, sorta, I do still own that one.

I kinda miss Algunos, I remember liking the music even though I'm fairly sure the game was kinda on the bad side.
Tengai Makyou III isn't actually on PCE (only PS2). The third TM/FEOE RPG on PCE, titled TM/FEOE Fuun Kabuki Den, is a Final Fantasy IV-style spinoff starring Kabuki and takes place in "London" (the U.K.) for the most part.

Kabuki Itouryoden is based on Fuun Kabuki Den and has Street Fighter II style gameplay, while Shinden/Kabuki Klash features Samurai Spirits style gameplay.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

johnnykonami

Quote from: guest on 05/09/2014, 10:13 PM
Quote from: johnnykonami on 05/09/2014, 06:36 PM
Quote from: guest on 05/09/2014, 06:12 PM

Tengai Makyou III isn't actually on PCE (only PS2). The third TM/FEOE RPG on PCE, titled TM/FEOE Fuun Kabuki Den, is a Final Fantasy IV-style spinoff starring Kabuki and takes place in "London" (the U.K.) for the most part.

Kabuki Itouryoden is based on Fuun Kabuki Den and has Street Fighter II style gameplay, while Shinden/Kabuki Klash features Samurai Spirits style gameplay.
You're right of course, I haven't played III, Zero on SFC or Oriental Blue either.  Kabuki Den was always my favorite though, and I guess in my mind I always think of it as 3rd in the series.  I especially remember the entertaining engrish as you get a little further into the game.  Manji-maru was the one that got me interested though, like many of you I remember seeing it in gaming magazines and I think at one point there was even speculation about a possible localization.  Shame really, it's a cool series.

PukeSter

Bravoman :P

The home and arcade versions have so many differences, for better usually. Other Namco games like Valkyrie and Youkai Douchuuki (which sucks) falls into the category.

cr8zykuban0

i would most def say all the shmups, legendary axe 1,2, street fighter 2, neo geo ports, jackie chan kung fu, vigilante, platformers like the bonks series