10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

A Holiday Celebration Board.

Started by OceanBlueKirby, 04/02/2008, 01:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OceanBlueKirby

Happy 4th of July to all of the American members on here! May everyone be able to eat a good number of hot dogs and enjoy the fireworks! For me on this day, I'll probably be lighting up some sparklers (that I've held onto for a year) and going to the park and watching the display there.

IMGIMGIMGIMGIMG

(all images are credited to HellasMultiMedia.com; others can view them if they wish).
"Here comes a new challenger! Four new contestants stepped into the Audio Deathmatch ring today. You be the judge as these juggernauts battle it out in a fight to the finish!" - A segment of the August 3, 2006 update of SuperPCEngineGrafx .com

Ceti Alpha

Happy Independence Day Yanks!!!  :mrgreen: :dance: :dance:

Don't go blowin' any fingers off with fireworks though. You need those little guys for the TG.  :mrgreen:
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Turbo D

I'll probably go to the park to watch fireworks like Kirby is doing  :) . I usually buy illegals from someone who has smuggled them from Mexico, but I've spent all my money on games this year, lol. Perhaps I'll just mod some regular ones into explosives  :twisted:
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

NecroPhile

Happy 4th, y'all.  I celebrated the birth of this fine nation by blowing up small parts of it while sipping some brews.  I'll buy the brews but screw buying crappy, Chinese made fireworks; I prefer to make my own using good ol' fashioned gun powder, primacord, and gelignite.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: guest on 07/05/2008, 01:21 AMHappy 4th, y'all.  I celebrated the birth of this fine nation by blowing up small parts of it while sipping some brews.  I'll buy the brews but screw buying crappy, Chinese made fireworks; I prefer to make my own using good ol' fashioned gun powder, primacord, and gelignite.
:-" G.I. Necromancer!!! A Real American Hero!"  8)

Well NecroPhile, you seem to be prepared for the zombie apocalypse. I'll be movin' further up north when it happens. When/if shit hits the fan, you're welcome to look for me and whoever I'm hangin with at the time up north. heh.
IMG

NecroPhile

Take time for some personal reflection on the anniversaries of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.  Or don't.

On a lighter note, happy Kool-Aid Days!  That's right - Nebraska's claim to fame.  Drink some now or gee-dub will nuke your ass.

Tatsujin

from now, one week obon-off :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: Tatsujin on 08/08/2008, 12:05 PMfrom now, one week obon-off :)
happy happy joy joy  :dance: :dance:

No sober allowed for the entire week.  :mrgreen:

Oh, I forgot to mention that August 4th was Natal Day here in Halifax.
IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: ceti alpha on 08/08/2008, 12:24 PMOh, I forgot to mention that August 4th was Natal Day here in Halifax.
What's that then?  :-k

guyjin

Quote from: guest on 08/08/2008, 11:32 AMTake time for some personal reflection on the anniversaries of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.  Or don't.

On a lighter note, happy Kool-Aid Days!  That's right - Nebraska's claim to fame.  Drink some now or gee-dub will nuke your ass.
Arbor day > kool-aid days.

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: guest on 08/08/2008, 12:33 PM
Quote from: ceti alpha on 08/08/2008, 12:24 PMOh, I forgot to mention that August 4th was Natal Day here in Halifax.
What's that then?  :-k
Natal Day is just another word for birthday. :)

http://www.natalday.org/
IMG

Digi.k

Not really a holiday but around this time of the month.. August.. and particular August the 14th its known as Hungry Ghosts or Ghost Month..

Anyway it is said that the lower realms (ie HELL) open up and allow ghosts, spirits and deceased ancestors to roam the earth.. But to chinese folk Hell really means something different.. its seen as some Under world passage or maze where the dead go to make amends for sins they did while on earth.. This is where we chinese burn "hell money" its usually done as a way to send money to the deceased so they can spend it in this "hell"

Around august it is advised to best to lay low and not go out late at night especially young and old or NOT do as much activity as it is feared that it attracts wandering spirits causing disturbances in households and the worst possible case brings death.  So most things like construction.. weddings..  usually get put off till the following month..

In the old days chinese folk would offer incense, food and material offerings to appease the spirits.. unfortunately this practise seems to be on the wane as more and more asian folk become westernize (i guess).. So if you see asians/chinese folk performing strange rituals maybe in the street you'll know they are trying to appease the spirits. :P

OceanBlueKirby

Silly me :P #-o. In the midist of the launch of Sunteam_Paul's website update and the work ethic I've been doing lately, I've forgotten to annouce Labor Day for the United States, which was two days ago. I hope that everyone whom had celebrated it had a nice day off (which I certainly did).
"Here comes a new challenger! Four new contestants stepped into the Audio Deathmatch ring today. You be the judge as these juggernauts battle it out in a fight to the finish!" - A segment of the August 3, 2006 update of SuperPCEngineGrafx .com

Joe Redifer

"Work ethic"?

By the way, I worked on Labor Day.

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 09/04/2008, 03:56 AM"Work ethic"?

That's a crime against humanity. It was Labor Day up here above the 49th as well, but we call it Labour Day.  :mrgreen:
IMG

NecroPhile

Happy belated Labor Day to everyone.  Also happy Ramadan to any forum terrorists lurking about.

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 09/04/2008, 03:56 AMBy the way, I worked on Labor Day.
You're supposed to - it's not called Lay About Day.  :P

OceanBlueKirby

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 09/04/2008, 03:56 AM"Work ethic"?

With the amount of college work, video game playing, and Internet business that I've been taking care of lately, I've been pretty busy with my life right now. What did you work on that day (if it wasn't your job/carerr) :wink:? Even with that, I hope your day was good, also.

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: guest on 09/04/2008, 09:35 AMHappy belated Labor Day to everyone.  Also happy Ramadan to any forum terrorists lurking about.
HAhA!  :o Political correctness is for n00bs.
IMG

NecroPhile

Today's Suicide Prevention Day, so if you see someone who looks a bit down, give 'em a hug.  You never know, you just might save a life..... or get a date..... or get a punch in the nose.

OceanBlueKirby

Today is the 7th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks on the Twin Towers in New York. May we remember those who died on that day (I'm wearing an American shirt especially to commermorate this historic event).

NecroPhile

Quote from: Game and Watch Kirby on 09/11/2008, 12:10 PMI'm wearing an American shirt especially to commemorate this historic event.
Is it labeled as 'Made In China'?

OceanBlueKirby

Quote from: guest on 09/11/2008, 12:17 PM
Quote from: Game and Watch Kirby on 09/11/2008, 12:10 PMI'm wearing an American shirt especially to commemorate this historic event.
Is it labeled as 'Made In China'?
Nope. It is labeled as "Made in U.S.A." 8).

NecroPhile

Quote from: Game and Watch Kirby on 09/11/2008, 01:22 PMNope. It is labeled as "Made in U.S.A." 8).
That's dang surprising.  =D&gt;

------------------------

Happy National Video Games Day to everyone.  I plan to celebrate the occasion by wasting most of my work day playing silly flash games online followed by Bomberman and Xak III at home tonight.

NecroPhile

Happy Citizenship Day to my fellow Americans.  While you commemorate the anniversary of the Constitution's ratification, don't forget to thank GeeDub for crapping all over it.

NecroPhile

Where's electrohaze?  Shiver me timbers, it be Talk Like a Pirate Day!  Yarr!!

rag-time4

Quote from: guest on 09/19/2008, 11:02 AMWhere's electrohaze?  Shiver me timbers, it be Talk Like a Pirate Day!  Yarr!!
Where's Keranu when you need him?

Speaking of whom, I should wish a happy month of Ramadan to by brother Keranu and to everyone else on the board!

Ramadan Mubarak! (Blessed Ramadan!)

guyjin

To celebrate ramadan, I'm going to eat as much pork during the daytime as I can possibly stand.  :twisted:

OceanBlueKirby

I hope that everyone has enjoyed this equinox day. Now summer is over and fall has come for a few months.

Kirby Ultra Star is released today, too! I had anticipated a release of Kirby Super Star on Virtual Console, but I'm happy that they have come out with this DS title! This is one I'm surely getting for Christmas!

Ceti Alpha

Happy Columbus Day cousins....even though the Vikings discovered North America first. lol Columbus still had big balls to do what he did.

It's Thanksgiving up here.
IMG

albinoMithos

Quote from: ceti alpha on 10/13/2008, 02:09 PMHappy Columbus Day cousins....even though the Vikings discovered North America first. lol Columbus still had big balls to do what he did.

It's Thanksgiving up here.
Happy Thanksgiving!  Also nay 'twas I who discovered North America first!  That was a mere eleventy billion years ago in mortal years mind you!

NecroPhile

Happy Thanksgiving to all the Canucks!  Do you observe the occasion by eating reindeer and watching hockey?

OceanBlueKirby

Yes, there are two holidays celebrated today. Thanks for beating me to it, fellas :P.

Earlier today, I've learned that in his time, the trade routes needed to go to the Orient were owned by the Musliums. To travel on them, the high prices had to be paid or the person had to be killed and the ship seized. To avoid such harshness, Columbus had negotiated with many countries to provide the finances for his exploration, he had gotten the best opportunity to sail in Spain, and the king and queen provided him with three ships. It was estimated, as there were debates that the world was either 10,000, 12,000, or 25,000 miles/meters in diameter and he thought that it was the first amount, that it would only take him 3,000 miles to reach Japan, as 7,000 miles were recorded long ago by Marco Polo for the route. Several days later, his crew began to get nervous, as half of their food was gone and did not think they would have enough for the returning trip, so the members began to get mutanized, and told Christopher Colombus to turn back to Spain. He had refused, as he knew he only had one chance, but his crew made the deal that on October 12th, he would have to turn back or his head would be removed as the crew would be completely mutinized by then. On the morning of October 12th, one crew member had discovered land, and they had settled on one of the islands in the Carribean, thinking that they were in the Indies. It was said to be miraculous that he was able to find it.

To the Canadians eating a large feast on this day, may you stuff yourselves well, as the meal was meant to be enjoyed.

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: guest on 10/13/2008, 04:04 PMHappy Thanksgiving to all the Canucks!  Do you observe the occasion by eating reindeer and watching hockey?
You forgot about the Labatt's Blue!!!  [-X  :lol:  :-&
IMG

NecroPhile

Happy National Mammography Day!

Don't forget to examine those breasts ladies.  Alternatively, I always have a few free moments.....

Keranu

Quote from: rag-time4 on 09/20/2008, 06:42 PM
Quote from: guest on 09/19/2008, 11:02 AMWhere's electrohaze?  Shiver me timbers, it be Talk Like a Pirate Day!  Yarr!!
Where's Keranu when you need him?

Speaking of whom, I should wish a happy month of Ramadan to by brother Keranu and to everyone else on the board!

Ramadan Mubarak! (Blessed Ramadan!)
Sorry I missed this post! Ramadan and Eid mubarak! Hopefully I'll be here on time when Eid Ul-Adha comes up soon. :)
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

OceanBlueKirby

:evil: HAPPYHALLOWEEN! :twisted:

Tonight is the night when ghoulish beings roam the earth, and humans roaming the streets will be given candy as they visit different homes. What will people dress like for Halloween? I bought a Dragon Geisha costume from a Party City store a couple of days ago. If I have time, I might post up some pictures of it here.

NecroPhile

Happy Halloween to everyone.  I have a tasty mix of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, Milky Ways, 3 Musketeers, Kit Kats, and Snickers to dole out tonight; what kind of candy are y'all gonna hand out?

Quote from: Game and Watch Kirby on 10/31/2008, 12:32 PMWhat will people dress like for Halloween?
No costume here.  I'm scary looking enough already.

hoobs88

Last year, me and my friends dressed up with a Star Wars theme. We had Darth Maul, Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker, and Aayla Secura. I'll post some pics later. I wanted to do Boba Fett for this year but did not have time to work on the costume. It will be ready for next year though! I will be attending a huge costume party tomorrow night with a Rock Band competition so I will have to whip up a costume and a makeshift band for the evening. I would like to see other peoples' costumes so if you have one, please post pics!
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

Turbo D

Happy Halloween dudes! I was the Pirate deluxe from party city, heh. It was a fun night; I went trick-or-treating and got a shit load of candy! After that, I went to a party and danced. I had this super strong tequila there, made me all warm and fuzzy inside :). I don't remember what it was called though, probably because I couldn't pronounce it. lol!
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Keranu

Haha, you're the oldest trick-or-treater I've ever heard of, Turbo_D :mrgreen: .

I've always hated Halloween.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

guyjin

Turbo D

Quote from: Keranu on 11/01/2008, 09:08 PMHaha, you're the oldest trick-or-treater I've ever heard of, Turbo_D :mrgreen: .
I know; I got some strange looks from the neighbors! :lol: It was really fun though, I hadn't been trick-or-treating since I was like 14 or 15. :)
IMG IMG
IMG

Lord Thag

Me and a buddy did that a few years ago, wearing normal clothes. We got LOTS of weird looks. We kept telling people we were 'dressing as adults' and 'didn't we do a great job with the costumes'. We got candy from several hottie moms and a couple of college chicks  :lol:

No phone numbers though...  :P
Dodging little white bullets since the Carter administration

guyjin

I got a couple like that coming to my door. Trick or treaters who bothered with costumes I gave a handfull of candy; those guys got one peice, the smaller the better.

NecroPhile

I've never had any adults come trick or treating.  If I did and they weren't in costume, I'd be sorely tempted to tell 'em to fuck off.

I hope all the British folks on board ate some delicious treacle toffee and enjoyed Guy Fawkes Night yesterday.

Turbo D

Not to worry guys, this adult was in full pirate swag! Arghh!  :)

IMG
IMG IMG
IMG

hoobs88

Quote from: turbo D on 11/06/2008, 04:07 PMNot to worry guys, this adult was in full pirate swag! Arghh!  :)
Sweet pants! Where did you get them?
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

Turbo D

Quote from: hoobs88 on 11/07/2008, 11:09 PM
Quote from: turbo D on 11/06/2008, 04:07 PMNot to worry guys, this adult was in full pirate swag! Arghh!  :)
The pants were part of the pirate deluxe costume from PartyCity.
IMG IMG
IMG

OceanBlueKirby

Quote from: turbo D on 11/08/2008, 06:29 AM
Quote from: hoobs88 on 11/07/2008, 11:09 PM
The pants were part of the pirate deluxe costume from PartyCity.
I'd figure as much that the pants would be part of a costume set. I suppose there are other places that Party City stores are located, since I never knew that they were outside of Las Vegas.

Today is Veteran's Day. This is a day where our troops are honored for performing duties to protect our country. May they be soluted for their hard work (and maybe donate money to the Salvation Army, too? I'm not sure if this is being done yet as folks with boxes usually come around Christmas time).

guyjin

Happy veterans day! Any hanging out here? (Xiphas will be, once he gets out)