Random Pictures Thread

Started by Joe Redifer, 02/10/2010, 02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClodBusted

Gredler

Quote from: Warbucks on 07/06/2016, 01:25 PMStereo typical 4th of July = Awesomeness

IMG
Not enough meat, soda, or nascar. Otherwise, very good.

Joe Redifer

Only the south is really into NASCAR I believe.

ToyMachine78

Actually NASCAR is the largest spectator sport in the US, and most of the new super speedways are in places other than the south.

NightWolve

IMG

esteban

Quote from: NightWolve on 07/28/2016, 12:49 AMIMG
Do you know if it was inspired by arcade or PCE/TG-16?

:)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

NightWolve

Yes! Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/BISKftuAfJJ/

Quotesamurai_me逆さ十字!背徳!⛪️ コレはシビれるね〜
gozringbest
samurai_me#splatterhouse #namco #videogames #retrogaming #arcade #pcengine #turbografx16 #80s #90s #figure #kit #japan #jason #fridaythe13th #horror #スプラッターハウス

Fear not comrade, this was indeed a case of inspired love for the #pce/tg16!

Find more!

https://www.instagram.com/samurai_me/

esteban

Quote from: NightWolve on 07/28/2016, 01:02 AMYes! Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/BISKftuAfJJ/

Quotesamurai_me逆さ十字!背徳!⛪️ コレはシビれるね〜
gozringbest
samurai_me#splatterhouse #namco #videogames #retrogaming #arcade #pcengine #turbografx16 #80s #90s #figure #kit #japan #jason #fridaythe13th #horror #スプラッターハウス

Fear not comrade, this was indeed a case of inspired love for the #pce/tg16!

Find more!

https://www.instagram.com/samurai_me/
That is so awesome, I just looked at all the other dioramas! Awesome.

NightWolve

https://twitter.com/io9/status/758671249979666432
QuoteFirst look at The Great Wall, a movie about fighting monsters on the Great Wall of China
IMG

Starring MATT DAMON as highly convincing epic CHYNAman warrior...  :lol:

esteban

^ it is 2016.

This has to be a joke, right?

America continues to be absurdly absurd.

It is 2016.

Psycho Punch

Quote from: NightWolve on 07/28/2016, 07:32 PMhttps://twitter.com/io9/status/758671249979666432
QuoteFirst look at The Great Wall, a movie about fighting monsters on the Great Wall of China
IMG

Starring MATT DAMON as highly convincing epic Chinaman warrior...  :lol:
I'm glad they're making a chinese themed remake of the classic Tom Cruise movie.

IMG

This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

Joe Redifer

Quote from: guest on 07/27/2016, 07:46 PMActually NASCAR is the largest spectator sport in the US, and most of the new super speedways are in places other than the south.
You sure? It certainly doesn't seem to be talked about by the general public as much as football, basketball or hell even boring ol' baseball. The news rarely reports on NASCAR stuffs. Their videogames games don't sell as well as the NFL and NBA stuffs. To me is seems like a backwater spectator sport that only poor people watch.

ToyMachine78

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 07/30/2016, 06:08 PM
Quote from: guest on 07/27/2016, 07:46 PMActually NASCAR is the largest spectator sport in the US, and most of the new super speedways are in places other than the south.
You sure? It certainly doesn't seem to be talked about by the general public as much as football, basketball or hell even boring ol' baseball. The news rarely reports on NASCAR stuffs. Their videogames games don't sell as well as the NFL and NBA stuffs. To me is seems like a backwater spectator sport that only poor people watch.
Some key facts: 1 in 3 U.S. adults, or 75 million people, and countless kids are NASCAR fans. Roughly 40% of fans are women.  The sport has become the No. 1 spectator sport, and 17 of the top 20 most attended sporting events in the United States are NASCAR events. The sport is broadcast in 150 countries, and it is the second-most-watched sport on TV (after the NFL). NASCAR's current eight-year TV deal began in 2007 and is worth $4.5 billion, or $560 million per year.  The largest NASCAR tracks can accommodate upwards of 190,000 people in the stands and infield, far larger than any non-motorsport venue in North America.  NFL stadiums, by contrast, hold on average 60-80,000 people.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/steveodland/2012/02/27/nascars-back/#57a99cf21c1d

The article is from 2012, but I believe the facts are still relevant.

ToyMachine78

Quote from: Nulltard on 07/30/2016, 08:26 PM
Quote from: guest on 07/30/2016, 08:17 PM
Quote from: Joe Redifer on 07/30/2016, 06:08 PM
Some key facts: 1 in 3 U.S. adults, or 75 million people, and countless kids are NASCAR fans. Roughly 40% of fans are women.  The sport has become the No. 1 spectator sport, and 17 of the top 20 most attended sporting events in the United States are NASCAR events. The sport is broadcast in 150 countries, and it is the second-most-watched sport on TV (after the NFL). NASCAR's current eight-year TV deal began in 2007 and is worth $4.5 billion, or $560 million per year.  The largest NASCAR tracks can accommodate upwards of 190,000 people in the stands and infield, far larger than any non-motorsport venue in North America.  NFL stadiums, by contrast, hold on average 60-80,000 people.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/steveodland/2012/02/27/nascars-back/#57a99cf21c1d

The article is from 2012, but I believe the facts are still relevant.
I have no science to dispute this. My anecdotal evidence, however, is that as a Kansan, I have only ever personally known one NASCAR fan. When I was 19 he was my pot dealer. Had Confederate flags everywhere... Hanging on walls inside and out, on his truck, even in his bedroom.

I've traveled mostly north and west from dead center of the country and have not encountered another NASCAR fan. I did spend some time in Georgia for an on-site service call and noted both the prevalence of Confederate flags and the chatter about NASCAR.

Ergo, my conclusion is that there are roughly 75 million peoples who live in the south.
I dunno... Maybe there are a lot of closet fans lol

Warbucks

A Nightmare on Elm Street, behind the scenes, 1984

IMG

ClodBusted

IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: guest on 07/30/2016, 08:17 PMThe largest NASCAR tracks can accommodate upwards of 190,000 people in the stands and infield, far larger than any non-motorsport venue in North America.  NFL stadiums, by contrast, hold on average 60-80,000 people.
The difference being there's only one race at a time while there's a dozen or more NFL games each Sunday.  NASCAR's popularity in terms of viewership and attendance only looks competitive when compared to a single venue; it's not even close when you count all the fans at concurrent NFL, NBA, MLB, or NCAA football and basketball games.

Quote from: guest on 07/30/2016, 08:17 PMThe article is from 2012, but I believe the facts are still relevant.
Based on declining ratings and attendance over the last decade, they are not.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

ToyMachine78

Quote from: NecroPhile on 08/01/2016, 12:57 PM
Quote from: guest on 07/30/2016, 08:17 PMThe largest NASCAR tracks can accommodate upwards of 190,000 people in the stands and infield, far larger than any non-motorsport venue in North America.  NFL stadiums, by contrast, hold on average 60-80,000 people.
The difference being there's only one race at a time while there's a dozen or more NFL games each Sunday.  NASCAR's popularity in terms of viewership and attendance only looks competitive when compared to a single venue; it's not even close when you count all the fans at concurrent NFL, NBA, MLB, or NCAA football and basketball games.

Quote from: guest on 07/30/2016, 08:17 PMThe article is from 2012, but I believe the facts are still relevant.
Based on declining ratings and attendance over the last decade, they are not.
Whatever, I don't keep up with it closely, as I'm no longer a fan. My point is that it has a lot more broader appeal now, and is not just some hick sport. As I said, most major speedways are in places other than the south, and most current drivers are not from the south. For that reason, I would not longer consider it a southern sport.

Now if you go see a race in the south, yes, that is truly a red neck experience, and can be quite shocking and comical at the same time.

If you go see a race in California or Arizona, it's gonna be a completely different experience, as it's a different demographic.

Joe Redifer

I've never known or even heard of a NASCAR fan. Seriously, NOBODY ever even talks about it. You'd think you'd hear about it a lot on the internet, where you can't escape football if you tried. Also how can it be the biggest spectator sport in the US if the NFL gets more spectators (both per your posts)?

Digi.k

Warbucks

NightWolve

esteban

Quote from: Warbucks on 08/02/2016, 10:34 AM
Quote from: Digi.k on 08/02/2016, 08:29 AMIMG
This made me lol
Hilarious. :)

I love the folks who make these pieces of joyful art.

TheClash603

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 08/02/2016, 03:05 AMI've never known or even heard of a NASCAR fan. Seriously, NOBODY ever even talks about it. You'd think you'd hear about it a lot on the internet, where you can't escape football if you tried. Also how can it be the biggest spectator sport in the US if the NFL gets more spectators (both per your posts)?
I watched basically half of all races one year circa 2000, so I could try to embrace the sport and understand the hype.  I was living in a more rural area at the time, lots of NASCAR hats and fans.  I don't remember who everyone liked, I just remember they hated Jeff Gordon and all the men in my town called him gay...

After a year of watching I understood it more and there were moments of excitement here and there, but in general it was just uneventful.

I will stick to Kyle Petty's No Fear Racing over watching the real thing any day.

bob

xcrement5x

Somewhere, someone has a full collection of Mario Bubble Bath Shampoo from Revlon and it is the centerpiece of their empty empty life. 

crazydean

Quote from: guest on 08/05/2016, 03:33 PMSomewhere, someone has a full collection of Mario Bubble Bath Shampoo from Revlon and it is the centerpiece of their empty empty life.
But their shampoo bottles are full.

NightWolve

Some really nice Chrono Trigger fan artwork on here! Takes me back to one of the best RPGs on the good ole SNES! My friend's mom had gifted it to me for Christmas, and I got to beat it during my 2 weeks of school break! "THHHOOSEEE WERE THE DAYS!!!"

http://infinote.deviantart.com/art/ChronoTrigger-210143384
IMG

The best one on there at quick glance.

Random Falcom "Ys II Eternal/Complete" love. :)

IMG

TDIRunner

I prefer auto racing over any other regular sport.  Out of all forms of auto racing, I find NASCAR to be the most interesting with F1 as a close second.  With that said, I don't follow either much anymore as I just don't have the time to watch it.  I don't have much time to watch any sports these days.  I went to my first Cardinal game in over a year last night, not because I don't want to go anymore, but I just don't have the free evenings to do it.

As far as NASCAR being the largest spectator sport, I don't know if it still applies today, but I can say for sure that back at it's peak (around 2002 to 2007), it was definitely the biggest spectator sport in the country.  Back then I didn't have anything to do on my Sundays, so I would watch most of the races.  And I've been to enough races to tell you that it's no more of a redneck experience then going to any profession football game (especially if you include the tailgate experience).
Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

johnnykonami

Quote from: gynt on 08/18/2016, 12:41 AMdotsandloops.com/games/ms1.jpg
Not posting this on the arcade ports you'd like to see thread???  I've played this hot mess in MAME some years ago, quality stuff.

bob

Quote from: johnnykonami on 08/18/2016, 01:19 AM
Not posting this on the arcade ports you'd like to see thread???  I've played this hot mess in MAME some years ago, quality stuff.
well in fairness, i dont think i WANT to see a port of it.  lol

NightWolve

IMG

Psycho Punch

Quote from: gynt on 08/18/2016, 08:24 AM
Quote from: gynt on 08/18/2016, 12:41 AM/ms1.jpg
well it cannot be any worse than the game the screenshots instantly reminded me of:
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

esteban

Quote from: guest on 08/19/2016, 01:39 AM
Quote from: gynt on 08/18/2016, 08:24 AM
well it cannot be any worse than the game the screenshots instantly reminded me of:
I had never heard of that Polish Franko game.

Crazy!

Anyway, the ending credit sequence is awesome: probably the best song in the game...and then we are treated to the silhouette of our hero BREAKDANCING as three photos of the development team shuffle around.

Seriously, it was nice :)

Obviously, the game itself is another story.

Warbucks

esteban

NightWolve

esteban

blueraven

blueraven

Bought a $30 pair Broken Ray-Bans for parts to fix my glasses (broke the temple falling off a barstool. Fuck tequila.), and came across this photo, of some random dude who was selling overstock "designer" stuffs.

I may have to pull a galam and turn this into a caption contest.

IMG

esteban

I suddenly have the urge to purchase really ugly glasses and trim my nose hairs.

Digi.k

NightWolve

Heh, what's that dog doing back there ??  :lol:

Warbucks

Hahaha,, I noticed that too.

The dog has the OOOOhhh face on.

munchiaz

NightWolve

Digi.k

NightWolve

Haha, classic Twilight Zone: The Movie reference! Yep, that bastard just wouldn't give up tearing the plane apart, how it managed to still land is a miracle! ;)

bob