OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

What Turbo game are you currently playing?

Started by WandererFromYs, 02/28/2008, 12:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mathius

Quote from: RoyVegas on 05/29/2010, 06:50 PMPlayed some Riot Zone, Salamander, Raiden and Beyond Shadowgate last night.
Wish I played Beyond Shadowgate last night. Wish I owned Beyond Shadowgate.  :cry:

rag-time4

Quote from: ceti alpha on 05/29/2010, 11:35 AMWould you guess I'm still playing Dragon Spirit?  :x
Took me over a month of off and on playing to clear it!

Mathius

Quote from: rag-time4 on 05/30/2010, 11:22 PM
Quote from: ceti alpha on 05/29/2010, 11:35 AMWould you guess I'm still playing Dragon Spirit?  :x
I read an article today that said the difficulty can be pretty brutal and unforgiving. I don't know if I would ever want to pick this game up. It kinda reminds me of Phelios for the Genesis, and I never liked that game.

San Juan Wolf

Curently playing Tenseiryu (Saint Dragon) .

rag-time4

Quote from: Mathius on 05/30/2010, 11:32 PM
I read an article today that said the difficulty can be pretty brutal and unforgiving. I don't know if I would ever want to pick this game up. It kinda reminds me of Phelios for the Genesis, and I never liked that game.
I wholeheartedly recommend Dragon Spirit. It's definitely challenging, but in the absolute funnest sense. I put in a lot of time on it because it's a really fun game.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: San Juan Wolf on 05/31/2010, 06:21 AMCurently playing Tenseiryu (Saint Dragon) .
how are you liking it? :D

I am currently playing War of the Dead again
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

San Juan Wolf

Well like I said I only finished the first level for now .

While I am not a fan of shooters this one is sufficiently diferent from others in that you don't control a boring ol' ship , so I think I may like it .

rag-time4

Quote from: San Juan Wolf on 05/31/2010, 05:09 PMWell like I said I only finished the first level for now .

While I am not a fan of shooters this one is sufficiently diferent from others in that you don't control a boring ol' ship , so I think I may like it .
Have you ever tried Image Fight? If you find most shooters boring you may like Image Fight because of the red pods.

Mathius

Quote from: rag-time4 on 05/31/2010, 02:02 PM
I wholeheartedly recommend Dragon Spirit. It's definitely challenging, but in the absolute funnest sense. I put in a lot of time on it because it's a really fun game.
Ok, maybe I will grab it somewhere down the line. However, its sequel Dragon Saber seems cool.

Arkhan Asylum

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

turbogrfxfan

playing stratego for pce.  it takes a really long time to set up but its pretty fun.
"Is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

San Juan Wolf

Quote from: rag-time4 on 05/31/2010, 05:18 PM
Quote from: San Juan Wolf on 05/31/2010, 05:09 PMWell like I said I only finished the first level for now .

Have you ever tried Image Fight? If you find most shooters boring you may like Image Fight because of the red pods.
I don't think I have .

Reminds me of another game , a free internet one , where you catch shapes by the sound of music and try to expand your dot as much as possible , but that's beside the point .

Mathius

Quote from: turbogrfxfan on 05/31/2010, 06:39 PMplaying stratego for pce.  it takes a really long time to set up but its pretty fun.
I am not familiar with that one.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Mathius on 06/01/2010, 12:53 AM
Quote from: turbogrfxfan on 05/31/2010, 06:39 PMplaying stratego for pce.  it takes a really long time to set up but its pretty fun.
I am not familiar with that one.
Its a video game version of a board game.

I never understood why the US didnt get that game, as it was extremely popular and shit.

San Juan Wolf

Well started City Hunter . Hope it don't get to confusing .

May try some of the other new platformers I got in the meantime .

Mathius

Got my ass handed to me by Lords of Thunder once again. ](*,) That final level is brutal for me who is not exactly a shmup-wizard. I hang more with the Thunder Force III crowd and less with the R-Type. But, that doesn't mean I won't triumph over LoT one day. :twisted:

esteban

Quote from: Mathius on 05/31/2010, 05:43 PM
Quote from: rag-time4 on 05/31/2010, 02:02 PM
Ok, maybe I will grab it somewhere down the line. However, its sequel Dragon Saber seems cool.
Call me crazy, but I think Dragon Spirit holds its own compared to Dragon Saber.

Disclaimer: I really dig old skool shoot-em-ups and I think Dragon Spirit is a decent game.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

turbogrfxfan

Quote from: Mathius on 06/02/2010, 11:40 PMGot my ass handed to me by Lords of Thunder once again. ](*,) That final level is brutal for me who is not exactly a shmup-wizard. I hang more with the Thunder Force III crowd and less with the R-Type. But, that doesn't mean I won't triumph over LoT one day. :twisted:
lords is such a great game!! that last stage just does me in.

Ceti Alpha

IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

nectarsis

My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

rag-time4

Quote from: nectarsis on 06/06/2010, 10:48 PMDrac X   8) :dance:
How far are you Nectarsis? I'm bouncing between Dracula X and Gradius 2 myself!

EDIT ~ Right now I'm at the clocktower stage. I can get to the wizard's ghost but can't beat him yet. I've got about 56% clear. Anyone know the maximum clear % available in this game?

NecroPhile

More Implode fun was had over the weekend.  Did you know that in levels 40(ish) and up the bonus given for removing all blocks from the screen is actually subtracted from your score?  It might go back to adding it to your score at some point; I threw in the towel at level 52, when it was three in the morning and I'd been playing for five+ hours.

Quote from: rag-time4 on 06/07/2010, 01:06 AMAnyone know the maximum clear % available in this game?
100%, of course.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Mathius

I haven't beaten Dracula X yet because Dracula's different forms keep kicking my ass. But, like with Lords of Thunder, I will clear that game one day.

Also, at least Drac's chamber has an actual floor and not platforms and pits to get knocked into like the SNES version. That's just cheap and unfair IMO.

geise

I've been playing a lot of Ninja Spirit lately.  I've just been in the mood for some reason.  I've also been doing quite a bit of Kabuki Itoryudan (probably spelled wrong)

San Juan Wolf

Hana Taka Daka! Interesting flying shooter of the character variety , but I am kinda stuck in the bonus (cake) stage of level 4 and I don't know how many more ants throwing strawberries I can stand ! :O

edit :

@ Necromancer : If you ever played a Crash Bandicoot game you know it goes up to at least 103 %  [-X

turbogrfxfan

Quote from: geise on 06/07/2010, 02:28 PMI've been playing a lot of Ninja Spirit lately.  I've just been in the mood for some reason.  I've also been doing quite a bit of Kabuki Itoryudan (probably spelled wrong)
kabuki itcheybutt Is a pretty cool fighter.  The last two bosses are the best i my opinion.

Gogan

Obbachama-kun, or whatever.

This is a weird f'n game!
Nothin beats the real thing.

nectarsis

Quote from: rag-time4 on 06/07/2010, 01:06 AM
Quote from: nectarsis on 06/06/2010, 10:48 PMDrac X   8) :dance:
How far are you Nectarsis? I'm bouncing between Dracula X and Gradius 2 myself!

EDIT ~ Right now I'm at the clocktower stage. I can get to the wizard's ghost but can't beat him yet. I've got about 56% clear. Anyone know the maximum clear % available in this game?
Was at 37% last night, just got to 54%...not terible for my first real playthru ;)
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

San Juan Wolf

Quote from: Gogan on 06/07/2010, 11:03 PMObbachama-kun, or whatever.

This is a weird f'n game!
Lol I just got this . Haven't played it all too much , as I started something else though .

Just playing through Liquid Kids . Prety fun so far .

Mathius

I've been playing, well...nothing. I have been too busy researching the Neo-Geo platform. Planning on finally getting one. :)

blueraven

nat

Quote from: guest on 06/07/2010, 10:11 AMMore Implode fun was had over the weekend.  Did you know that in levels 40(ish) and up the bonus given for removing all blocks from the screen is actually subtracted from your score? 
That sounds like a bug to me.

NecroPhile

Quote from: nat on 06/09/2010, 01:57 AMThat sounds like a bug to me.
I bet you're right, though it didn't really matter since the score passed 999,999 (back to zero) about ten rounds earlier.  Also buggy is how some levels freeze and no new blocks will appear unless you force 'em by holding down button I.  :?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: guest on 06/09/2010, 10:25 AM
Quote from: nat on 06/09/2010, 01:57 AMThat sounds like a bug to me.
I bet you're right, though it didn't really matter since the score passed 999,999 (back to zero) about ten rounds earlier.  Also buggy is how some levels freeze and no new blocks will appear unless you force 'em by holding down button I.  :?
That's pretty strange.  :?
IMG

RoyVegas

Played a little Raiden before work today....
All is well. :)

Gogan

Final Soldier yesterday. great game.

San Juan Wolf

Finished Hana Taka Daka! Not the best ending but meh .

Also Roy's avatar reminds me I need to go back to Splatterhouse .

turbogrfxfan

Quote from: Gogan on 06/09/2010, 01:53 PMFinal Soldier yesterday. great game.
hey Im still workin on final solider.  When I first started to play it I didnt like it very much....but now I agree its a great game!!  did ya beat it?

San Juan Wolf

Returned to playing Saint Dragon , at stage 4 now actualy .

blueraven

Flash Hiders, and now GoT again. Last level.

turbogrfxfan

Quote from: blueraven on 06/09/2010, 07:17 PMFlash Hiders, and now GoT again. Last level.
ya figure out his pattern yet?!

Serega81

long time lurker, finally decided to join the discussion...

Replaying Blood Gear for the third time currently, such an amazing game, but I got stuck because I forgot that in order to get the bazooka thingie that blows up the barrier in the water rising fortress, I need to talk to a scientist who will give you the bazooka BUT ADVICE TO THOSE THAT HAVEN'T PLAYED IT YET....  If your inventory is full he won't give you anything :(

Before that replayed the Exile series.  I may be one of the few that actually likes the second one better, and despite the difficulty level, all the bosses have patterns.  Once you learn those it becomes a cinch!!!

Great To Meet You Fine Folks

Serega
If you don't like how things are, change it!  You're not a tree!!!!

Gogan

Quote from: turbogrfxfan on 06/09/2010, 06:46 PM
Quote from: Gogan on 06/09/2010, 01:53 PMFinal Soldier yesterday. great game.
hey Im still workin on final solider.  When I first started to play it I didnt like it very much....but now I agree its a great game!!  did ya beat it?
yea.....on FIRST runthrough!!

I think it was luck though, cuz I haven't been able to since :(

San Juan Wolf

RoyVegas

Last night oldskool came over and hung out for a bit.  We played some Raiden, Son Son II, a little Neo Bomberman (MVS) and we beat Aero Fighters 2 (MVS).
All is well. :)

San Juan Wolf

Obacchan-Kun......dear lord this game feels trashy .

Gogan

blueraven

Quote from: turbogrfxfan on 06/09/2010, 09:20 PM
Quote from: blueraven on 06/09/2010, 07:17 PMFlash Hiders, and now GoT again. Last level.
ya figure out his pattern yet?!
No not yet. But soon.  :)

JoshTurboTrollX

Hey there Seragagaga, nice to see you finally posting!

Thanks for the advice- Blook Gear here I come!!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: Serega81 on 06/09/2010, 10:56 PMlong time lurker, finally decided to join the discussion...

Great To Meet You Fine Folks

Serega
Glad you finally decided to join in the madness!  :D
IMG