The Brothers Duomazov

Started by nat, 08/15/2009, 05:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nat

IMG

Someone found our site a while back before we were really ready to publish it, but now we feel the time is right to "officially" go public with this thing. At present we have nearly 200 reviews online and will continue actively update the site with reviews and other content every week. The site is the offspring of a collaboration between runinruder, GUTS, (for those of you who know them) and myself. At present runinruder is responsible for about 90% of the content, with the remaining 10% being mostly my contributions, GUTS has contributed a couple reviews but more importantly, is entirely responsible for the site design. We decided to go with a blog-style site since it makes updating a lot easier. Our goal is to eventually cover every Turbo/PCE game ever made, and offer multiple viewpoints on many of them. Feel free to comment on the reviews using the comment forms on the site, or offer feedback in this thread. Enjoy.

thebrothersduomazov . com
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/reviews/duomazov/

nectarsis

Looks VERY cool so far (and worth the seemingly long wait) ;)

Congrats  guys :)
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

blueraven

=D> Very well done! I especially like the anecdotes under the screenshots!  :mrgreen:

I will be checking back to get the lowdown when I'm looking for games.

Tatsujin

I have this terrible feeling of déjà vu :mrgreen:
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

_Paul

Quote from: Tatsujin on 08/16/2009, 01:40 PMI have this terrible feeling of déjà vu :mrgreen:

Arkhan Asylum

This is awesome.

I humbly request that China Warrior's head be shooped onto the right most person.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

termis

runin's review thread was one of the best threads on this forum.  Haven't heard much of him lately...

And I guess GUTS is still into the Turbo/PCE as well -- good stuff.

NecroPhile

Fabulous stuff, though whoever wrote the Deep Blue review is clearly insane.  Keep up the good work gentlemen.  8)
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

esteban

Quote from: nat on 08/15/2009, 05:39 PMIMG
Someone found our site a while back before we were really ready to publish it, but now we feel the time is right to "officially" go public with this thing.
Without even checking these forums, I happened to find your site when I was searching for some images--early Sunday morning. I figured out who was involved and was like, "Wow, I guess this was announced a few months ago and was one of many things that I missed when I was MIA from the forums."

Hilarious!

Talk about crazy coincidences.

Keep up the good great work :)

Who took all the screenshots? I'm gonna hazard a guess that runin started playing via emulation because he surprised me with a bunch of screenshots of his own taking (1941/2/3/X ?) over at the superpcenginegrafx forums (a long time ago).

Quote from: guest on 08/16/2009, 02:58 PM
Quote from: Tatsujin on 08/16/2009, 01:40 PMI have this terrible feeling of déjà vu :mrgreen:
I have this terrible feeling of déjà deux :mrgreen:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

_Paul

Quote from: esteban on 08/17/2009, 11:12 AM
I have this terrible feeling of déjà duo :mrgreen:

Added you to my links page btw.

nat

Quote from: esteban on 08/17/2009, 11:12 AMKeep up the good great work :)

Who took all the screenshots? I'm gonna hazard a guess that runin started playing via emulation because he surprised me with a bunch of screenshots of his own taking (1941/2/3/X ?) over at the superpcenginegrafx forums (a long time ago).
Screenshots are taken by whoever wrote the review. My reviews are in red text, runin's are in yellow and GUTS's are in green.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

awack

Ive had the site saved on my favorites list for a while now.

I like how Duomitri(GUTS i think) has at the bottom of his reviews "Genesis game that is better than this game rating"  :D

M1Savage

Cool. Checking it out now.

exile

Nice Site I always get stoked finding a new Duo/PC engine site. Suddenly I do not feel alone in the collecting world.

NecroPhile

Lovely review of Bonk 3, nat.  You've hit the nail on the head for why so many peeps dislike the bestest Bonk game - it's too expensive.  But it costs ten times as much as the first two, so it should be ten times as much fun, shouldn't it?  ](*,)

esteban

Quote from: guest on 08/18/2009, 10:21 AMLovely review of Bonk 3, nat.  You've hit the nail on the head for why so many peeps dislike the bestest Bonk game - it's too expensive.  But it costs ten times as much as the first two, so it should be ten times as much fun, shouldn't it?  ](*,)
Who's gonna sell me Bonk 3: nat? ceti?

Come on.

nat

Sorry, my copy stays with me.

NecroPhile

Quote from: esteban on 08/18/2009, 11:33 PMWho's gonna sell me Bonk 3: nat? necro? B_T? ceti?

Come on.
I've one of each and they ain't goin' anywhere.  :P

Sinistron

Great to finally see a deserved home for Runin's reviews- site is top-notch guys
IMG
Quote from: Tatsujin- ATM it's just amateurish boytoy shizzle.
- they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real.

NecroPhile

Do you dudes take requests?  If so, I'd like to see the bashing critiques of Hatris and Götzendiener.  Hell, I may as well kick ya in the crotch, as it'd probably be less painful than playing either of these gems.  :twisted:

nat

We'll get to everything eventually.

blueraven

Quote from: guest on 08/17/2009, 03:16 PM
I have this terrible feeling of déjà Hu   :mrgreen:

Arjak

Nice site! I love the reviews, even if some of them are straight from Runintruder's thread. I've bookmarked this site and I excitedly await new reviews!
He who dings the Gunhed must PAAAAY!!! -Ninja Spirit

esteban

Quote from: blueraven on 08/20/2009, 03:14 AM
Quote from: guest on 08/17/2009, 03:16 PM
I have this terrible feeling of déjà Hu :mrgreen:
I have this terrible feeling of IMGVU

:mrgreen:

nat

Please guys, do me a favor and stop the thread hijacking.

Mathius

I found out about this site a few months ago, read it, loved it, and posted a thread here to spread the word. Nat went "FUCK!" because I ruined the surprise and he removed the thread while launching uranium tipped missiles towards my house. Seriously though, great site. I look for updates almost every day.

lkermel

Amazing work guys !!!!!!
I always thought it would be great to compile all runin's reviews into a web site - when the thread disappeared from PCEFX I knew something was going on ;)
Excellent website !!! I would loooove to do a link inchange with Video Game Den, are you guys interested ?
In any case, keep up the good work, this is awesome !!!!

jlued686

Someone sent me a link to this site via our Twitter feed (DGRadio, plug-plug ;)), and I spent the better part of an afternoon sifting through the archives.  EXCELLENT work!  I really love this site and will be reading it as long as you keep updating it.

Thanks!

DJLobo

I finally got a chance to check the site out. Good stuff. Great job, guys.
Early to bed, early to rise gives a man no social life. - Yakko Warner

Gogan

Bravo on the site! I check it daily to keep up to speed with all the reviews you guys get up there.

Also, the way in which you guys review the games is quite good as well. You really examine all the different elements, especially specific pros and cons. 

And I must say, the interview with Lee and Andy from VG&CE was absolutely stellar.

Keep up on the awesome work fellas!
Nothin beats the real thing.

NecroPhile

Quote from: Gogan on 09/24/2009, 12:44 PMAnd I must say, the interview with Lee and Andy from VG&CE was absolutely stellar.
Agreed - that was a dang good read.  It's pretty cool that Lee has held on to that Military Madness prototype after all these years; did the Siberian siblings try to buy and/or steal it from him?  :D

esteban

Quote from: guest on 09/24/2009, 02:01 PM
Quote from: Gogan on 09/24/2009, 12:44 PMAnd I must say, the interview with Lee and Andy from VG&CE was absolutely stellar.
Agreed - that was a dang good read.  It's pretty cool that Lee has held on to that Military Madness prototype after all these years; did the Siberian siblings try to buy and/or steal it from him?  :D
I gotta read this later tonight. Sounds fantastique!