RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Castlevania Dracula X: Rondo of Blood [PC Engine CD] Patch RELEASE!!!

Started by Burnt Lasagna, 11/09/2011, 06:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ParanoiaDragon

I think Tom/Bonknuts is going thru some life difficulties right now, so it's hard to say when it'll be 100%.  Life can always find a way to slow down or even postpone our hobbies, & I say this from experience in my own regard to my music & voice acting.
IMG

rag-time4

Just read through teh thread for the first time and would like to share my thoughts:

Firstly, I totally agree with tats that leaving the German intro in the game is most appropriate. In the original, it was German with japanese subtitles. It is most true to the original to keep the German intro but translate only the subtitles to English subtitles.

On the title screen, i think Im with esteban that under the name logo, the blue blade with white text should remain.

On the manual and packaging, Im surprised that so many designs seem to present a translated version of the Japanese packaging. I think something that covers part of the front cover with the big DUO logo found on late US games would be far more authentic.

On pressed disks, I totally agree with lasagna on not wanting to put out illegal software. However, I also totally agree with anyone that wants a pressed copy! What I wish we could do is to see how much it would cost to actually license the game from Konami for this port and I wish we would then consider the possibility of bringing an authorized product to market. Tom says that he is unwilling to authorize his work for use in any unauthorized manufacture... So why dont we exhaust all efforts to authorize it?

GohanX

I haven't popped in here in a while, and I was happy with the first translation patch the way it was, the more recent work is blowing me away. Translating the manual? Really? Awesome!

Hopefully Sparky or someone can print the stuff out for us when it's ready. I work at a print shop but our quality for this kind of thing sucks. I could make a ton of CDRs with crappy labels!

Burnt Lasagna

Quote from: rag-time4 on 05/08/2012, 01:23 PMFirstly, I totally agree with tats that leaving the German intro in the game is most appropriate. In the original, it was German with japanese subtitles. It is most true to the original to keep the German intro but translate only the subtitles to English subtitles.
Have you played the current patch? The German intro is replaced with the redone German intro from the PSP & VC release, which I believe sounds better (both German however).  The English subtitles are also redone in the finished patch (which isn't released yet).
QuoteOn pressed disks, I totally agree with lasagna on not wanting to put out illegal software. However, I also totally agree with anyone that wants a pressed copy! What I wish we could do is to see how much it would cost to actually license the game from Konami for this port and I wish we would then consider the possibility of bringing an authorized product to market. Tom says that he is unwilling to authorize his work for use in any unauthorized manufacture... So why don't we exhaust all efforts to authorize it?
That is simply out of the question. If you want a reproduction case your going to have to make it your self. CDR's emulate a pressed disk perfectly, as long as you burn it correctly.
What Button Do You Press To Jump!?!

rag-time4

Quote from: Burnt Lasagna on 05/08/2012, 02:35 PM
Quote from: rag-time4 on 05/08/2012, 01:23 PMFirstly, I totally agree with tats that leaving the German intro in the game is most appropriate. In the original, it was German with japanese subtitles. It is most true to the original to keep the German intro but translate only the subtitles to English subtitles.
Have you played the current patch? The German intro is replaced with the redone German intro from the PSP & VC release, which I believe sounds better (both German however).  The English subtitles are also redone in the finished patch (which isn't released yet).
QuoteOn pressed disks, I totally agree with lasagna on not wanting to put out illegal software. However, I also totally agree with anyone that wants a pressed copy! What I wish we could do is to see how much it would cost to actually license the game from Konami for this port and I wish we would then consider the possibility of bringing an authorized product to market. Tom says that he is unwilling to authorize his work for use in any unauthorized manufacture... So why don't we exhaust all efforts to authorize it?
That is simply out of the question. If you want a reproduction case your going to have to make it your self. CDR's emulate a pressed disk perfectly, as long as you burn it correctly.
No I havent played the current patch. Im not into emulating CD games. I tried before, had some trouble with it, and just got over it. For the sake of authenticity I prefer the original German intro over any new and improved version for much the same reason as I would rather play Super Mario 2 on a NES cart than as part of All stars on SNES with its new and improved graphics and sound.

Im not quite sure what you mean by "making a reproduction case", Im talking about actually licensing the game  and manufacturing it legally. Id certainly be willing to contribute some legwork, time, and even funds.

NecroPhile

Quote from: Burnt Lasagna on 05/08/2012, 02:35 PMCDR's emulate a pressed disk perfectly, as long as you burn it correctly.
No they don't.  Even the best CDRs fail to match the reflectivity and long term stability of a pressed disc, not to mention the lack of a screened/thermal label.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

spenoza

I think he means functionally, for regular use purposes, a CD-R is perfectly adequate. You just have to burn them more often. For archiving and appearance, no, but for standard use, they're fine.

NecroPhile

Quote from: guest on 05/08/2012, 03:41 PMI think he means functionally, for regular use purposes, a CD-R is perfectly adequate. You just have to burn them more often. For archiving and appearance, no, but for standard use, they're fine.
For drives capable of reading their lower reflectivity, sure, but it's hardly uncommon for a machine to refuse to play CDRs.

spenoza

Well, that's why when you buy cheap, crap CD-Rs, you typically get what you pay for. There are high-reflectivity CD-Rs that will work with all but the most sensitive, most picky drives. You just have to be willing to pay for them.

NecroPhile

Quote from: guest on 05/08/2012, 03:55 PMWell, that's why when you buy cheap, crap CD-Rs, you typically get what you pay for. There are high-reflectivity CD-Rs that will work with all but the most sensitive, most picky drives. You just have to be willing to pay for them.
Yep - I need to quit using Taiyo Yuden junk and those piece of shit azo discs used for Meteor Blaster DX.  It's common knowledge that all CD drives play CDRs no matter what, even though they were designed and built before the format even existed.

In case you can't tell, that's sarcasm.  I stand by my original statement: CDRs do not equal the reflectivity of pressed discs.

Burnt Lasagna

Quote from: rag-time4 on 05/08/2012, 03:18 PMNo I havent played the current patch. Im not into emulating CD games. I tried before, had some trouble with it, and just got over it. For the sake of authenticity I prefer the original German intro over any new and improved version for much the same reason as I would rather play Super Mario 2 on a NES cart than as part of All stars on SNES with its new and improved graphics and sound.
I think I've said this about a hundred times over and even put it in the readme. If you don't like it then swap it back! The patcher even makes a back up of the original files before patching.
If you don't like the fact that you have to play it from a CDR (or emulator) then that's your problem. It's the price you have to pay for fan made translations. 
QuoteIm not quite sure what you mean by "making a reproduction case", Im talking about actually licensing the game  and manufacturing it legally. Id certainly be willing to contribute some legwork, time, and even funds.
Actually licensing the game from Konami would be impossible for reasons too numerous to list.

spenoza

Quote from: NecroPhile on 05/08/2012, 04:12 PMI stand by my original statement: CDRs do not equal the reflectivity of pressed discs.
I don't dispute this, but I also think that taking the right steps minimizes any problems that might result from that. If you are using TY or Mitsui Gold you will rarely encounter a situation where you'll have a problem where you wouldn't with a pressed disc. Thus, functionally, CD-Rs can be comparable to pressed discs. Not equal, no, but comparable.

rag-time4

Quote from: Burnt Lasagna on 05/08/2012, 04:36 PM
Quote from: rag-time4 on 05/08/2012, 03:18 PMNo I havent played the current patch. Im not into emulating CD games. I tried before, had some trouble with it, and just got over it. For the sake of authenticity I prefer the original German intro over any new and improved version for much the same reason as I would rather play Super Mario 2 on a NES cart than as part of All stars on SNES with its new and improved graphics and sound.
I think I've said this about a hundred times over and even put it in the readme. If you don't like it then swap it back! The patcher even makes a back up of the original files before patching.
If you don't like the fact that you have to play it from a CDR (or emulator) then that's your problem. It's the price you have to pay for fan made translations.  
QuoteIm not quite sure what you mean by "making a reproduction case", Im talking about actually licensing the game  and manufacturing it legally. Id certainly be willing to contribute some legwork, time, and even funds.
Actually licensing the game from Konami would be impossible for reasons too numerous to list.
Playing via CD-R or emulation is only "the price I HAVE to pay" as long as the fan translators are unable or unwilling to pursue other means of making their work available. It's totally up to the people like you And Tom who have done the work to make the final decision on that as far as I'm concerned.

As I see it, Dracula X in particular is a game that might actually sell well enough to cover a good portion of the cost of legally licensing the game and having it printed and pressed. Licensing the game may be also be a good way of protecting your work. I saw earlier in the thread that a few guys are passionate enough about this game and this project to offer to pay the entire cost of a proffesional printing and pressing. I agree with you for totally rejecting the idea of pressing it illegally, but I would like to point out that as a community we may be able to handle the cost of licensing the game if we pool our resources.

soop

I always thought that CDRs had the TOC at the other end of the disc to pressed by some quirk of space management, but it turns out that's not the case.  However, whereas pressed discs are very precise at a molecular scale, burned discs are very erratic.  According to one expert "it's a miracle they even work".

But it does beg the question, why do CDRs sometimes cause a PCE laser to get stuck on the outside?

Anyways.  If someone does feel like pressing a bunch of these discs and can figure out costs etc, I'm interested - as I am with any professional-looking packaging, though I agree it should be pretty much the same as the Japanese version.
Quote from: esteban on 04/26/2018, 04:44 PMSHUTTLECOCK OR SHUFFLE OFF!

rag-time4

Quote from: soop on 05/09/2012, 10:00 AMI always thought that CDRs had the TOC at the other end of the disc to pressed by some quirk of space management, but it turns out that's not the case.  However, whereas pressed discs are very precise at a molecular scale, burned discs are very erratic.  According to one expert "it's a miracle they even work".

But it does beg the question, why do CDRs sometimes cause a PCE laser to get stuck on the outside?

Anyways.  If someone does feel like pressing a bunch of these discs and can figure out costs etc, I'm interested - as I am with any professional-looking packaging, though I agree it should be pretty much the same as the Japanese version.
Im interested in having the game pressed but only if it's legal, which entails licensing the game from konami and having the approval of those who have done the work.

NecroPhile

There is essentially zero chance of Konami licensing legit Turbob games - they're a multi-billion dollar company (in terms of revenue), so they aren't going to waste there time chasing after few thousand dollars.

rag-time4

Quote from: guest on 05/09/2012, 10:21 AMThere is essentially zero chance of Konami licensing legit Turbob games - they're a multi-billion dollar company (in terms of revenue), so they aren't going to waste there time chasing after few thousand dollars.
Sure they may not want to do it at all. However, it is we who would be doing the chasing. All we need from Konami is permission in writing. As an aside, Konami swallowed up Hudson, which is also important for other projects alng the same line. In fact, Ys IV is coming down the pike next if I read the thread correctly, and I believe that was a Hudson port on teh PCE.

OldMan

Small side-trip to answer a question. Not an attempt at hijacking the thread :)

QuoteI always thought that CDRs had the TOC at the other end of the disc
Multi-session discs write copies of the TOC at various places on the disc. The initial TOC, however, is at the beginning (nearest the hole).

Quotewhy do CDRs sometimes cause a PCE laser to get stuck on the outside?
Poor reflectivity. The laser scans for the TOC at the beginning of the disc. When it can't find it, it has to seek to the end of the disc to reset. From what I've been told, the 'end of the disc ' is recognized by a change in the laser signal in the outer tracks. (The empty ring at the edge of the CD). Old grease and other problems can cause the laser to stick there, since it is not an area normally reached by the laser. It is worse on newer, larger cds, since the edge ring is (slightly) farther out.

We now return you to the original topic.....

rag-time4

Quote from: TheOldMan on 05/09/2012, 10:32 AMSmall side-trip to answer a question. Not an attempt at hijacking the thread :)
The good thing about completely derailing a thread is that it doesnt normally result in physical injury.

NecroPhile

Quote from: rag-time4 on 05/09/2012, 10:30 AMSure they may not want to do it at all. However, it is we who would be doing the chasing. All we need from Konami is permission in writing.
Nothing is ever that simple.  Their legal department would have to check over which rights they own outright (or can renew) and if they could transfer such rights for this pressing, checking how those rights apply to game code, music, the disc and case artwork, and the redubbed Deutch intro; they'd review all of the in-game script changes and the translated case/manual to ensure that they're correct and contain nothing inappropriate; they'd probably want to play test it to make sure the gameplay itself isn't somehow broken; they'd have to write a contract that protects their interests and maintains their control, and they'd provide some oversight of the production and distribution to be certain that the contract is being followed; and Lord knows what all else they'd need to do to protect their assets.  It's not like they're just going to say "Sure, we want $5000!  Just send us a check and you can do whatever you want with our game!".

soop

Quote from: rag-time4 on 05/09/2012, 10:15 AM
Quote from: soop on 05/09/2012, 10:00 AMI always thought that CDRs had the TOC at the other end of the disc to pressed by some quirk of space management, but it turns out that's not the case.  However, whereas pressed discs are very precise at a molecular scale, burned discs are very erratic.  According to one expert "it's a miracle they even work".

Anyways.  If someone does feel like pressing a bunch of these discs and can figure out costs etc, I'm interested - as I am with any professional-looking packaging, though I agree it should be pretty much the same as the Japanese version.
Im interested in having the game pressed but only if it's legal, which entails licensing the game from konami and having the approval of those who have done the work.
?  Having the game pressed isn't illegal, using the work of others to turn a profit is illegal.  Which means if I cover the cost of pressing the disc and shipping etc rather than burn my own for 50p, morally I'm fine with it.

In fact you could argue that because Konami still own the rights to Castlevania, and because they re-released it on PSP, then we're taking money away from them by downloading the original ISO.  But in honesty, the fact that we are who we are, player-collectors and fans of the original hardware, that's not true, and we're not taking money from Konami.

In fact there is some kind of law passed for old software, particularly if it's hard to obtain that means the guy selling Sapphire boots can't be touched legally, even if what he's doing is morally wrong.

All I'm doing is protectin mah laser

*edit* and OldMan, thankyou very much for answering my questions :)

rag-time4

Quote from: guest on 05/09/2012, 10:54 AM
Quote from: rag-time4 on 05/09/2012, 10:30 AMSure they may not want to do it at all. However, it is we who would be doing the chasing. All we need from Konami is permission in writing.
Nothing is ever that simple.  Their legal department would have to check over which rights they own outright (or can renew) and if they could transfer such rights for this pressing, checking how those rights apply to game code, music, the disc and case artwork, and the redubbed Deutch intro; they'd review all of the in-game script changes and the translated case/manual to ensure that they're correct and contain nothing inappropriate; they'd probably want to play test it to make sure the gameplay itself isn't somehow broken; they'd have to write a contract that protects their interests and maintains their control, and they'd provide some oversight of the production and distribution to be certain that the contract is being followed; and Lord knows what all else they'd need to do to protect their assets.  It's not like they're just going to say "Sure, we want $5000!  Just send us a check and you can do whatever you want with our game!".
Hmmm definitely great points. I would hope that with a niche project like this they might be somewhat more lenient. That said, the likely would want most, if not all, of the conditions in place that you mentioned, and possibly more. That said, I would love to pursue the option of legally producing these PCE translations.

soop

pressing a disc is no more illegal than downloading the ROM in the first place.  Even if it was selling on eBay by some douche for $5484665416, Konami probably still wouldn't care, but it would probably be illegal.  And it would piss us off.

What you're thinking is akin to drawing a picture of Batman and writing to DC for permission to photocopy it.

rag-time4

Quote from: soop on 05/09/2012, 11:10 AMpressing a disc is no more illegal than downloading the ROM in the first place.  Even if it was selling on eBay by some douche for $5484665416, Konami probably still wouldn't care, but it would probably be illegal.  And it would piss us off.

What you're thinking is akin to drawing a picture of Batman and writing to DC for permission to photocopy it.
I havent downloaded the ROM / ISO, nor do I plan to, but I would be willing to buy a legally pressed disc. What Im thinking of is more along the lines of translating the Batman comic book into Japanese and legally printing and selling it in Japan.

NecroPhile

Quote from: soop on 05/09/2012, 11:10 AM... Konami probably still wouldn't care, but it would probably be illegal.
I agree they wouldn't care, but it's most definitely illegal.

soop

Actually I just spent the last 15 minutes looking it up, and owning the ROM would actually be illegal too.  I thought they'd changed the law with regard to archiving etc.. but I don't think anything about this game applies given;

The hardware needed to play it is readily available
Konami still exist
And are still making Castlevania Titles
And re-released the PSP version of this game.

So TBH, the only way to be within the letter of the law would be to own the original.  Morally however, I think the game is expensive enough to justify "unobtainable" status from my point of view, so even though I do plan on getting it one day, even if I didn't I'd still feel justified for not paying £50+ for it.

Burnt Lasagna

Quote from: guest on 05/09/2012, 10:54 AMNothing is ever that simple.  Their legal department would have to check over which rights they own outright (or can renew) and if they could transfer such rights for this pressing, checking how those rights apply to game code, music, the disc and case artwork, and the redubbed Deutch intro; they'd review all of the in-game script changes and the translated case/manual to ensure that they're correct and contain nothing inappropriate; they'd probably want to play test it to make sure the gameplay itself isn't somehow broken; they'd have to write a contract that protects their interests and maintains their control, and they'd provide some oversight of the production and distribution to be certain that the contract is being followed; and Lord knows what all else they'd need to do to protect their assets.  It's not like they're just going to say "Sure, we want $5000!  Just send us a check and you can do whatever you want with our game!".
Exactly my point!
However even that is sugar coating it. Konami wouldn't even look at it for two seconds, because it would just make their company look bad. 
Imagine Konami selling the rights to one of their most popular franchises to a small group of disjointed fans. The very fact that where not a legit and respectable company is enough of a reason for Konami to reject us. 
AKA It it will never happen.

rag-time4

Quote from: Burnt Lasagna on 05/09/2012, 12:15 PM
Quote from: guest on 05/09/2012, 10:54 AMNothing is ever that simple.  Their legal department would have to check over which rights they own outright (or can renew) and if they could transfer such rights for this pressing, checking how those rights apply to game code, music, the disc and case artwork, and the redubbed Deutch intro; they'd review all of the in-game script changes and the translated case/manual to ensure that they're correct and contain nothing inappropriate; they'd probably want to play test it to make sure the gameplay itself isn't somehow broken; they'd have to write a contract that protects their interests and maintains their control, and they'd provide some oversight of the production and distribution to be certain that the contract is being followed; and Lord knows what all else they'd need to do to protect their assets.  It's not like they're just going to say "Sure, we want $5000!  Just send us a check and you can do whatever you want with our game!".
Exactly my point!
However even that is sugar coating it. Konami wouldn't even look at it for two seconds, because it would just make their company look bad. 
Imagine Konami selling the rights to one of their most popular franchises to a small group of disjointed fans. The very fact that where not a company is enough of a reason for Konami to reject us. 
AKA It it will never happen.
I would love to see us form up some type of licensing / publishing company for just this reason... Us being anyone interested. I would love if we could legally produce these games and get them out there. I've seen various other ideas that people have had as well, like Nando mentioning plushies and Windy's bomberman ornaments. I cant help but think of how awesome it would be to make and sell some of these things in a legal, high quality manner. There's a dedicated retro market out there...

Also, we wouldnt need rights to the entire franchise, only the particular games that are being worked on. And we may be able to license the rights rather than buy them outright.

CrackTiger

QuoteI would love to see us form up some type of licensing / publishing company for just this reason... Us being anyone interested. I would love if we could legally produce these games and get them out there. I've seen various other ideas that people have had as well, like Nando mentioning plushies and Windy's bomberman ornaments. I cant help but think of how awesome it would be to make and sell some of these things in a legal, high quality manner. There's a dedicated retro market out there...

Also, we wouldnt need rights to the entire franchise, only the particular games that are being worked on. And we may be able to license the rights rather than buy them outright.
It would be cool to do for some sort of PCE game. But it'll never happen with Dracula X, or likely anything by Hudson since Konami now owns it all. You'd have to forget your preference for authentic looking stuff as well, as any professionally released game wouldn't be allowed to use any official logos either. If Hudson in whatever form it exists was allowed to license software to a small group of fans, we'd still have to pay for any of those logos if we we'd be lucky enough to have the option.

I imagine that if we're lucky, it would only cost us with lawyers and business licensing, etc, as little as tens of thousands of dollars. But even if it could be that cheap, I doubt you could convince enough people to pitch in that kind of money for the novelty of a factory pressed disc of something that anyone can put together a nice looking facsimile of for pennies. It's not like we're talking about new original games, a translated copy of an existing PCE game is very nice sitting in the Japanese case, with an English manual tucked inside.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

spenoza

Yeah, see, the thing about copyright is that profit plays only a marginal role. Copyright protects the right to control copying, whether profit is involved or not. Fair Use is the only circumstance in which unauthorized copying is OK, and even fair use is fuzzy, utilizing a four factor test that must be decided upon by a judge or jury. I dare say you probably need to make sure you can make an argument for at least 3 of the 4 factors in order to successfully claim fair use. Just claiming "Education!" or "Non-commercial!" simply isn't enough.

Keith Courage

Everything being mentioned sounds like way too much work. Just release the patch the way it is for people to burn CD-Rs. I see no reason to worry about your CD lens going bad since it only costs $25 for a new duo lens shipped and they are very east to change.

soop

Quote from: Keith Courage on 05/09/2012, 11:05 PMEverything being mentioned sounds like way too much work. Just release the patch the way it is for people to burn CD-Rs. I see no reason to worry about your CD lens going bad since it only costs $25 for a new duo lens shipped and they are very east to change.
Easy for you to say!  The man with silver fingers and solder flowing through his viens!
I've got no qualms opening up a core unit or a junk CD-ROM, but when it comes to a Super CD or a GT, I don't want to even sneeze on them funny.

rag-time4

Quote from: guest on 05/09/2012, 01:40 PM
QuoteI would love to see us form up some type of licensing / publishing company for just this reason... Us being anyone interested. I would love if we could legally produce these games and get them out there. I've seen various other ideas that people have had as well, like Nando mentioning plushies and Windy's bomberman ornaments. I cant help but think of how awesome it would be to make and sell some of these things in a legal, high quality manner. There's a dedicated retro market out there...

It would be cool to do for some sort of PCE game. But it'll never happen with Dracula X, or likely anything by Hudson since Konami now owns it all. You'd have to forget your preference for authentic looking stuff as well, as any professionally released game wouldn't be allowed to use any official logos either. If Hudson in whatever form it exists was allowed to license software to a small group of fans, we'd still have to pay for any of those logos if we we'd be lucky enough to have the option.

I imagine that if we're lucky, it would only cost us with lawyers and business licensing, etc, as little as tens of thousands of dollars. But even if it could be that cheap, I doubt you could convince enough people to pitch in that kind of money for the novelty of a factory pressed disc of something that anyone can put together a nice looking facsimile of for pennies. It's not like we're talking about new original games, a translated copy of an existing PCE game is very nice sitting in the Japanese case, with an English manual tucked inside.
Well, youre right that the costs may be a deal breaker. However, I would love to try to get as far as possible with the idea. Given that Hudson is now part of Konami, Drac X and Ys IV both fall largely under one roof. Starting with these games may lead to building some kind of relationship with Konami, which might make further projects and further negotiation possible.

GohanX

I finally got around to using Turboripper and reripping my Dracula X CD and used the latest patch, and everything works great with no scratchiness. I noticed that my computer at work has a Lightscribe burner, does anyone have the files that were posted earlier in the thread with the CD label and inserts? Keith's CD label is still up, but it's in color so I'm not sure how well that will show up on a Lightscribe disc.

tinypic.com/2njf2hi.jpg

Keith Courage

The color on the label comes out just fine in black and white. I've done it and it looks great. Depending on what brand discs you use you might want to burn the label twice for darker contrast.

Bernie

I believe I have copies of all the images.  Let me look around and see what I got.

Sadler

Quote from: JKM on 05/11/2012, 09:34 AMI finally got around to usint Turboripper and reripping my Dracula X CD and used the latest patch, and everything works great with no scratchiness. I noticed that my computer at work has a Lightscribe burner, does anyone have the files that were posted earlier in the thread with the CD label and inserts? Keith's CD label is still up, but it's in color so I'm not sure how well that will show up on a Lightscribe disc.

tinypic.com/2njf2hi.jpg
I've still got the original: LINK.

Bernie

Ok, I have all the artwork that was posted and linked to before in this thread.  There are tray inserts, CD artwork, and manual covers.  Uploaded to my hotfile account.
https://hotfile.com/dl/155641290/8343e16/dracx_us_art01.rar.html

GohanX

Burnt Lasagna

It's out!

IMG

Check the front page!

Bernie

Does this mean its done done?!  Heck yeah!!!

Sadler

Bernie

Just burned this to a lightscribe disc that I had made months ago when this project was announced.  I gotta tell ya, this is awesome.  Very good job on everything thus far guys.  That title screen is REALLY NICE too!  May just be me, but it sounds like Death's voice was redone since the last time.  Either way, it's solid!  I love it, and thanks!!

NightWolve

Meh, I should've bought a LightScribe drive the last time I had a chance to... I opted for speed instead. That burned Castlevania CD-R makes me jealous!

BL, did you redo everything using SOX and fix the sample rate or ?

EDIT: Oh wow, yeah, round of applause to Tom/tomaitheous/Bonknuts! This is a FULL translation patch with a font hack, a redone title screen, etc.! Just awesome! I did not expect to ever see this! Congratulations!!!

Burnt Lasagna

Quote from: NightWolve on 06/18/2012, 11:49 AMBL, did you redo everything using SOX and fix the sample rate or ?
I was considering that at one point but I decided against it since the previous sample rate/ADPCM tool was working perfectly fine for Rondo of Blood (aside from that stupid volume control thing). Changing something that wasn't broken didn't seem to purposeful, so I didn't bother.

NightWolve

BTW, found a little bity typo in the opening subtitles. ;) "Existence" was misspelled.

IMG

Bernie

Quote from: NightWolve on 06/18/2012, 12:30 PMBTW, found a little bity typo in the opening subtitles. ;) Existence is misspelled.
That just makes it that much more special.  :)  I used to love finding typos in games back when I was a teen.  Its surprising just how many there are.  Errors in packaging as well.  Such as the rear insert of Loom.  The captions for the dragon and the typhoon  are under the wrong pics.  Love that kinda stuff!

Burnt Lasagna

Sadler

Did the manual ever end up getting translated?

GohanX