The Analogue Turbo Duo clone shipped in time for Christmas 2023. Are you happy with yours ?? Find firmware updates here.
Main Menu

KC TurboFest

Started by roflmao, 06/04/2017, 12:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roflmao

In about a month I'll be hosting a small TurboFest at my place all weekend long.

Starting Friday evening and running until Sunday afternoon ( 6/30-7/2), we'll be playing Turbografx-16, PC Engine, and maybe some other stuff all day and until we drop. I've sent the wife and kiddo on vacation. All who wish to obey are welcome to come by! I live just outside of Kansas City, in Lee's Summit. PM me if you're interested in joining in the festivities.

A handful of Obeyers have already signed on, but the more the merrier. You're all welcome to crash at my place, though I don't have much space to sleep, so think about bringing a sleeping bag or air mattress.

I've made up special pins to give to all who attend. So if you come by, you'll be super elite!

Gypsy

\m/

Going to be a totally rad time.

esteban

Help me—is this Kansas City in Kansas or in Missouri?

TANGENT: My brother is moving to Springfield, Missouri in a few weeks, and my uncle lives in Kansas City (I can't remember which one, but I think it's Missouri).

This means that, theoretically, in the future, I might actually stop in the state instead of just driving through it.

BACK ON TOPIC: I am jealous and envious of anyone going to this TurboFest.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Gypsy

Quote from: esteban on 06/04/2017, 09:19 AMHelp me—is this Kansas City in Kansas or in Missouri?

TANGENT: My brother is moving to Springfield, Missouri in a few weeks, and my uncle lives in Kansas City (I can't remember which one, but I think it's Missouri).

This means that, theoretically, in the future, I might actually stop in the state instead of just driving through it.

Both. Lee's Summit is on the MO side.

NoSexGex

Sounds fun, it's awesome someone is puting something like this together
For a good time, reach out to this wily KKKFarm-crankcaller at (780) 717-9274 or Ryleystuartreynolds@gmail.com up in Alberta, Canada!
His last crank-voicemail: "Gimme a call back when you can. This is Ryley by the way... *giggles*"
He then followed it up with 8 WEEKS of ~DAILY calling! BAN ON SIGHT!!!

roflmao

Quote from: esteban on 06/04/2017, 09:19 AMHelp me—is this Kansas City in Kansas or in Missouri?

Yeah, What Gypsy said. Part of Kansas City in in Kansas and part of it is in Missouri. Springfield is only about 4 hours from Kansas City. We drive down there a lot. They have a cool arcade called 1984 that I've been wanting to check out.

bartre

For the record, I'll be there.
possible with a bottle of Elijah Craig.

JoshTurboTrollX

OMG ROFL!!  This sounds so cool!!

:D
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

bartre

majors

Trying to take my thunder? I'm hosting my July 4th aka 3rd Strike of July on July 1st this year. We need to have dual streams for each party!
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

roflmao

Quote from: majors on 06/06/2017, 11:16 AMTrying to take my thunder? I'm hosting my July 4th aka 3rd Strike of July on July 1st this year. We need to have dual streams for each party!
Yes! We should set up some sort of skype thingy so we can share each others parties. :D

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll have a keg at mine....

bartre

Quote from: guest on 06/06/2017, 03:06 PMUnfortunately, I don't think I'll have a keg at mine....
well if Nulltard is there, there's gonna be plenty of booze.
don't you worry.

roflmao

Oh, we'll have plenty of booze... :)

...It just won't be in keg form. And It probably wont be as good as what Majors is serving up. His shindigs are awesome.

JoshTurboTrollX

Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

bartre

bartre

esteban

Quote from: bartre on 07/02/2017, 09:50 PMIMG
TEARS ARE FALLING ON MY PHONE AS I TYPE THIS.

This is one of the most beautiful photos I have ever seen.

Yes, more beautiful than my children.

Thank you.

:)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

roflmao

Quote from: bartre on 07/02/2017, 09:50 PMIMG
Beautiful.

That was a ton of fun! I hope it becomes a thing.