What are some good PC Engine home brew titles?

Started by toaks, 03/21/2018, 08:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toaks

Hello. Kinda new to the PC Engine. What are some of the best home brew titles and where can I buy them, or download them if they are free.

Gredler

toaks

toaks

Any recommendations as to which ones are good?

crazydean

Don't forget about fan translations!

I heard someone was working on New Adventure Island. Can't wait for that.

TheClash603

http://www.aetherbyte.com/store.html

Insanity is probably my favorite of the homebrew so far, but there is a lot of good stuff out there.

If only someone would put the Barbarian port on a card and sell it...

toaks

I have played a few translations. I wish there were more of them!!

PukeSter

There are basic, unfinished demos of Sonic 1, Ghosts n Goblins, and Bubble Bobble.

CrackTiger

Pyramid Plunder is my favorite published homebrew so far.

Here is everything you need to know about Mysterious Song:

https://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/mysterious_song/about.html

FX Unit Yuki will be available soon. It will definitely be the most ambitious PC Engine homebrew to date.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

toaks

Thanks for the info. Some of these games look awesome!

Arkhan Asylum

Atlantean sucks and the programmer is a cunt.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

nectarsis

My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Gypsy

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: Gypsy on 03/23/2018, 08:37 AM
Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 03/22/2018, 11:41 PMAtlantean sucks and the programmer is a cunt.
Facts only.  :lol:
Obviously, lol

I would say the best homebrew physical releases are:
Mysterious Song, Atlantean, Insanity, and oddly, I've always loved Implode. :)

Download only I really love:

Tongueman's Logic
HuZero
Refletron
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 03/23/2018, 10:08 AM
Quote from: Gypsy on 03/23/2018, 08:37 AM
Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 03/22/2018, 11:41 PMAtlantean sucks and the programmer is a cunt.
Facts only.  :lol:
Obviously, lol

I would say the best homebrew physical releases are:
Mysterious Song, Atlantean, Insanity, and oddly, I've always loved Implode. :)

Download only I really love:

Tongueman's Logic
HuZero
Refletron
Damn you can't even spell Reflectron right, lol.

cmonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Nantettatte Engine is neat,  I hope.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

TheClash603

Revival Chase was pretty good too, didn't see anyone else mention it.

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: TheClash603 on 03/23/2018, 10:47 PMRevival Chase was pretty good too, didn't see anyone else mention it.
Ah yeah!  That's one of the only physical ones (maybe the ONLY one?) that I missed out on!  I played it multiplayer a few VGS's ago. It was a total blast!!

:D
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

toaks

CrackTiger

FYI, these are the homebrew games which have physical releases:

Implode
Meteor Blaster
Insanity
Mysterious Song
Pyramid Plunder
Revival Chase
Hypernova Blast
Atlantean
FX Unit Yuki -this week
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

roflmao

Quote from: CrackTiger on 04/08/2018, 07:46 PMFYI, these are the homebrew games which have physical releases:

Implode
Meteor Blaster
Insanity
Mysterious Song
Pyramid Plunder
Revival Chase
Hypernova Blast
Atlantean
FX Unit Yuki -this week
Protocade got a physical release too, though it's very limited.

IMG

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

esteban

F@cking douchebags teasing us with PCP (PCE Protocades)!

Goddammit!

You bastards.

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

SmaMan

Wasn't there also a MegaMan homebrew port pcedev made a while back? I remember poking around with it back in the day. Now that I have a Super SD System 3 I've been trying to find it again, but alas, all links to it seem to lead nowhere.
Host of KACU FM's Eye on Entertainment! Proving that there IS something to do this weekend since 2009.
http://kacu.org/programs/eye-entertainment

CrackTiger

The developer of the Megaman port hacked several NES games to run on PC Engine. PCEWorks stole it and sold it as a long lost uber rare licensed PC Engine game.

SmaMan

Huh... I heard whisperings about that guy essentially asking zero permission from anybody to sell his stuffs. So Pcedev just took all of that stuff down because of it? Bummer...
Host of KACU FM's Eye on Entertainment! Proving that there IS something to do this weekend since 2009.
http://kacu.org/programs/eye-entertainment

exodus

I'd like a nanttetatte physical cart, personally!

PukeSter

Quote from: SmaMan on 04/11/2018, 06:25 PMWasn't there also a MegaMan homebrew port pcedev made a while back? I remember poking around with it back in the day. Now that I have a Super SD System 3 I've been trying to find it again, but alas, all links to it seem to lead nowhere.
There are a bunch of 1:1 nes ports, most are by Bonknuts here, such as Megaman 1, megaman 2, jackal and castlevania. There's a 15 in 1 rom containing Super Mario Bros and some other games, which is much older and not as accurate (colors and high pitch).