RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

SNES mini YO Americana's get on this NAO!

Started by Digi.k, 06/26/2017, 12:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Digi.k

Super Mario World, Earthbound, Star Fox 2 + 18 more games? Now you're playing with super power!  #SNESClassic launches 9/29.

IMG

twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/879369032947847168

The Super Nintendo Entertainment System: Super NES Classic Edition has the same look and feel of the original system – only smaller – and comes pre-loaded with 21 incredible games:

Contra III: The Alien Wars™
 Donkey Kong Country™
 EarthBound™
 Final Fantasy III
 F-ZERO™
 Kirby™ Super Star
 Kirby's Dream Course™

Mega Man® X
 Secret of Mana
 Star Fox™
 Star Fox™ 2
 Street Fighter® II Turbo: Hyper Fighting
 Super Castlevania IV™
 Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts®
 Super Mario Kart™
 Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars™
 Super Mario World™
 Super Metroid™
 Super Punch-Out!! ™

The Legend of Zelda™: A Link to the Past™
Yoshi's Island™

EDIT:
EUROPE packaging
IMG

crazydean

Woah! Didn't see this one coming!!  :dance:

This really is a great list of games, though. Hopefully, they'll make enough so people don't have to resort to buying at 3x value this time. Star Fox 2 is the most interesting on the list though.

ClodBusted

Hahaha, let's hope they fixed Star Fox 2.

Not really a must-have for me, since I already own the majority of titles on cartridge, but still a good thing and great selection of games in the built-in library. I would have chosen Super SFII for the additional characters, and Dunky King Counter 2: Dimitri's Easterfest over DKC 1.

NecroPhile

Nice bundle of games.  Hopefully they don't mostly all end up getting scalped again.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

sirhcman

wiseau

Quote from: guest on 06/26/2017, 01:11 PMNice bundle of games.  Hopefully they don't mostly all end up getting scalped again.
Dude, c'mon, with Earthbound, an unreleased game and tons of other games that can easily fetch $50+ on the ebay? If anything it's gonna get scalped 5 times as hard.

Gypsy

Quote from: guest on 06/26/2017, 01:11 PMNice bundle of games.  Hopefully they don't mostly all end up getting scalped again.
IMG

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: guest on 06/26/2017, 01:00 PMHahaha, let's hope they fixed Star Fox 2.
Ot it's a more complete build than the ones floating around ROM sites, etc.
--DragonmasterDan

wiseau

Quote from: guest on 06/26/2017, 01:00 PMHahaha, let's hope they fixed Star Fox 2.
Apparently, they do have a more finished version of the game over there than the ones we got, so hopefully that's what included, but who knows, it's probably just the regular rom+fan translation.

xcrement5x

NoA also mentioned that this is only going to be for sale from September to the end of the year, but at least they have committed to making more of them. 

ToyMachine78

That's a pretty epic bundle of games.

CrackTiger

The NES mini thing looked fine because NES carts are hidden inside the real console. Playing these will look and feel as ridiculous as the kid in the Power Up! video rockin' out to his unplugged Turbo-CD or flailing about trying to beat TurboGrafx-CD System Card on his Turbo Express.

You might as well just get a "junk" Super Famicom for cheap and set it out in front of you while playing games using any of the many superior methods of emulation. Better yet, stick a cart in it for an even more authentic experience.

The best thing which will come from this is that an improved Starfox 2 rom will become public within hours after these are released and hopefully games like Earthbound will be new rom variants.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

crazydean

Quote from: guest on 06/26/2017, 06:26 PMThe best thing which will come from this is that an improved Starfox 2 rom will become public within hours after these are released and hopefully games like Earthbound will be new rom variants.
Speaking purely out of ignorance: what sort of rom variants could we see?

Gredler

How rad would it be if it had a cart in the slot, the label is a screen and that shit changes to reflect the game you're playing.

Super curious if the controllers work on snes, and snes controllers/accessories work on this

Digi.k

o.pwuaioc

So, has the NES Mini driven the price up on NES games? Too soon to tell? The opposite? I already have all these games, so I'm not worried personally about the price, but the ripples could affect the market as a whole.

crazydean

Ya, there's no way original controllers will fit in that tiny hole.

I'm a little surprised that Kirby's Dream Course is on the list. Was that a popular game? I remember buying it bitd but never seeing it other than my own copy. I'm actually surprised they didn't put Pilotwings on it, not that I'm complaining.

Michirin9801

I'm just glad they're giving the SNES some love! I'd get one, but even if I did find one, I'm saving whatever little money I have to get more 3DS games...
Still, great selection! It's missing beat'em ups and Hudson titles, but eh, what they've got is already worth it...

wiseau

Quote from: guest on 06/26/2017, 08:41 PMSo, has the NES Mini driven the price up on NES games? Too soon to tell? The opposite? I already have all these games, so I'm not worried personally about the price, but the ripples could affect the market as a whole.
From what i've heard, it had the opposite effect everyone expected it to have, rather than dropping the prices of the games included, the prices stayed the same while the NES Mini shot up like a rocket. This is partly why i'm expecting the snes mini to be, like, around 6, maybe $700.

Digi.k

Ippon is uppu

Nintendo Classic Mini: Super Famicom
October 5, 2017
7,980 yen (tax not included)

IMG
IMG

Super Mario World
F-ZERO
The Legend of the Mystical Ninja
Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Super Soccer
Contra III: The Alien Wars
Super Mario Kart
Star Fox
Secret of Mana
Mega Man X
Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem
Super Metroid
Final Fantasy VI
Super Street Fighter II
Donkey Kong Country
Yoshi's Island
Panel de Pon
Super Mario RPG
Kirby Super Star
Star Fox 2

Bloufo

TR0N

Watch the snes mini be a scalpers paradise unless nintendon't can keep up the supply  :roll: :P Dunno,if i'll bother trying to buy one just for star fox 2. My current setup is a SFC with a super everdrive so i'm good for now.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

TR0N

Quote from: Michirin9801 on 06/26/2017, 09:10 PMIt's missing beat'em ups and Hudson titles, but eh, what they've got is already worth it...
For that matter no natsume games either like wildguns,ninja warriors,rocky and pocky wtf !?
IMG

Medic_wheat

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: TR0N on 06/27/2017, 03:37 AMFor that matter no natsume games either like wildguns,ninja warriors,rocky and pocky wtf !?
Is that the boxing game where Sylvester Stallone eats cardboard flavored Japanese candy sticks?
--DragonmasterDan

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 06/27/2017, 09:39 AMI'm interested for just SF 2
Why not just buy SF2? It's a common and cheap game.

NecroPhile

Quote from: guest on 06/27/2017, 10:23 AMWhy not just buy SF2? It's a common and cheap game.
I'll wager he meant Star Fox 2, a game that doesn't exist outside of flashcarts and repros.

Presumably this version will be more complete.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 06/27/2017, 10:41 AM
Quote from: guest on 06/27/2017, 10:23 AMWhy not just buy SF2? It's a common and cheap game.
I'll wager he meant Star Fox 2, a game that doesn't exist outside of flashcarts and repros.

Presumably this version will be more complete.
You got it.

Sure there are roms of incomplete versions of the game. This will be a complete/finis  rom.

sirhcman

Can you run Star Fox 2 on a flash cart? I didn't think any of the carts on the market had the ability to play it

NecroPhile

I honestly don't know.

It doesn't play on a TED, so I don't really give a fuck.  :lol:

CrackTiger

Quote from: guest on 06/27/2017, 10:52 AMCan you run Star Fox 2 on a flash cart? I didn't think any of the carts on the market had the ability to play it
Lots of people make and sell custom hacked carts. There are millions of cheap SFX2 carts out there to use.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

wildfruit

Uk store preorders went in 30 minutes. I missed it as I was driving home from work. There are already listings on eBay for up to £200. Here is one sample
IMG

Gypsy

Keep checking back at least Wildfruit. UK amazon actually had some up yesterday and they sold out. I managed to order one this morning from them. It said doesn't ship to the US but let me check out with a US address.  :dance: :dance: :dance:

wildfruit

Quote from: Gypsy on 06/27/2017, 12:11 PMKeep checking back at least Wildfruit. UK amazon actually had some up yesterday and they sold out. I managed to order one this morning from them. It said doesn't ship to the US but let me check out with a US address.  :dance: :dance: :dance:
I had a look earlier but couldn't see a placeholder

sirhcman

Quote from: guest on 06/27/2017, 11:43 AM
Quote from: guest on 06/27/2017, 10:52 AMCan you run Star Fox 2 on a flash cart? I didn't think any of the carts on the market had the ability to play it
Lots of people make and sell custom hacked carts. There are millions of cheap SFX2 carts out there to use.
That wasn't my question. I was asking if any flash carts can run the rom?

NecroPhile

Google says no, though Super FX chip support is being worked on and might be added to krizz's eventually.

ClodBusted

Quote from: Digi.k on 06/26/2017, 10:58 PMIppon is uppu
(...)
IMG
I want this controller for attaching to my Wiimote.

CrackTiger

Quote from: guest on 06/27/2017, 12:54 PM
Quote from: CrackTiger on 06/27/2017, 11:43 AM
That wasn't my question. I was asking if any flash carts can run the rom?
The S&K styles ones are supposed to, but I remember people having trouble getting it to work when they first started coming out. Although lots of people had trouble working flashcarts in general back then. I never tried with my Ufo 8 or whatever it's called, before upgrading to the SD2SNES.

o.pwuaioc

Gypsy

Arkhan Asylum

just wait for someone to dump the StarFox2 rom that is supposedly different than the one that everyone already has.

Isn't that the only reason people are buying this stupid thing?
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Gypsy

Quote from: guest on 06/27/2017, 09:21 PMjust wait for someone to dump the StarFox2 rom that is supposedly different than the one that everyone already has.

Isn't that the only reason people are buying this stupid thing?
Some people are buying it to flip to people that are too dumb to set up an emulator or somehow in 2017 don't know any better.

crazydean

Quote from: guest on 06/27/2017, 01:23 PMGoogle says no, though Super FX chip support is being worked on and might be added to krizz's eventually.
This has been said for years. I'm not saying it won't happen. Just don't expect anything and you won't be disappointed.

TR0N

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 06/27/2017, 10:14 AM
Quote from: TR0N on 06/27/2017, 03:37 AMFor that matter no natsume games either like wildguns,ninja warriors,rocky and pocky wtf !?
Is that the boxing game where Sylvester Stallone eats cardboard flavored Japanese candy sticks?
I get the joke but this is what i'm talking about.Beside the fact how expensive the game has become.
IMG

Medic_wheat

I am interested for the same reason I was interested in the classic NES (which I refuse to pay scalper prices and never found one).

I think it would be a great additional to my sons room so he can experience classic Nintendo. The simplistic and easy to use interface is something I felt would engage him and feel less "before his time".

Granted at the moment he is two years old.

Only only recently stopped calling everyone mommy.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: TR0N on 06/28/2017, 03:23 AMI get the joke but this is what i'm talking about.Beside the fact how expensive the game has become.
Oh, you mean Pocky and Rocky. Not Rocky and Pocky
IMG
--DragonmasterDan

NecroPhile

Quote from: guest on 06/27/2017, 06:25 PMIMG
Ugh, that is nauseating.  Lemme guess, the pic was originally posted on nintendo age and everyone gave the OP high fives?

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: NecroPhile on 06/28/2017, 10:51 AM
Quote from: guest on 06/27/2017, 06:25 PMIMG
Ugh, that is nauseating.  Lemme guess, the pic was originally posted on nintendo age and everyone gave the OP high fives?
Not enough graded plastic for NintendoAge, I'm sure.

seieienbu

Aside from Starfox 2, this doesn't really interest me as I'd rather play on actual hardware and have the vast majority of games on the list already anyway.  That being said, I am slightly curious if there's going to be a controller adapter sold seperately for 3 player Secret of Mana.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

CrackTiger

That's the kind of pic gougers post in their craigslist adds.

There a couple years when the local news ran stories about how christmas was ruined for many poor gougers who had bought PS3 and later PS4 systems at launch and were having a hard time flipping them for $3000 - $5000 a piece.

They even got a couple of losers to appear on camera and whine about how they only did it for their kids, but now they couldn't afford to buy them any gifts, because all of the money that they didn't even have in the first place was tied up in consoles to flip.

One asshole actually blamed Sony for either for shipping enough units to meet demand or not marketing one of them well enough to create enough of a demand to cause a shortage.