RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs

Started by Arkhan Asylum, 10/02/2015, 06:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkhan Asylum

I am making this thread now.

The game will be a cross between R-Type, Power Golf, and Shogi. 

It will require the pachinko controller, mouse, and arcade card.

discuss.

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

o.pwuaioc

How will this be different from the DC version? Also, will there be lots of lolis? Pachinkos love lolis.

ccovell

If the game doesn't contain either Astérix, Lucky Luke, or Benoît Brisefer, I'll protest.

esteban

I want Gunsmoke.Riders.

II BUTTON shoots diagonal left. I BUTTON shoots diagonal right.

All the sprites/stages can feature this goofy "Saber Rider" IP, I suppose.

However, to offer some variety, I want 1-3 special stages that are basically Spy.Hunter.Riders (oil slick to thwart enemies, machine gun standard weapon, occasional rocket launcher to take out Saber.Copter, etc.)

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

DeshDildo

If it's even a little Sunset Ridery I will be very excite.  Speaking of which, one of you smart devs would make my dream come true if you ported a version to PCE/TG
"You CAN'T prove Nulltard/DoxPhile caused ANY harm/damage/sabotage to PCEFX!! You have NO evidence he poached ANY members for his own failed PC Engine forum/site or was a conniving destructive saboteur! ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!! Nulltard did nothing wrong!"

deubeul

Quote from: ccovell on 10/02/2015, 08:12 PMIf the game doesn't contain either Astérix, Lucky Luke, or Benoît Brisefer, I'll protest.
How could you possibly  know Benoît Brisefer?    :shock:

sirhcman

So is there no actual game play footage of the game (in any format) available? Admittedly I only quickly scrolled through their kickstarter page and only found a bunch of stills

ccovell

Quote from: deubeul on 10/03/2015, 10:30 AM
Quote from: ccovell on 10/02/2015, 08:12 PMIf the game doesn't contain either Astérix, Lucky Luke, or Benoît Brisefer, I'll protest.
How could you possibly  know Benoît Brisefer?    :shock:
Because I was in French Immersion during my elementary school years in Canada, and that's what we'd read for fun in the school library.  :-D

And Tintin, of course.  ;-D

deubeul

Ok, makes more sense than ccovell being a 60 years old french guy  :lol:

_Paul

Quote from: guest on 10/03/2015, 11:10 AMSo is there no actual game play footage of the game (in any format) available? Admittedly I only quickly scrolled through their kickstarter page and only found a bunch of stills
There's some early 3DS gameplay footage in the video.

sirhcman

Quote from: guest on 10/03/2015, 11:25 AM
Quote from: guest on 10/03/2015, 11:10 AMSo is there no actual game play footage of the game (in any format) available? Admittedly I only quickly scrolled through their kickstarter page and only found a bunch of stills
I must have missed that, all I saw were a few small still images in their main video. Isn't it a bit odd they don't have a ton of gameplay footage available for a game that is to be released in less than 13 months?

elmer

Quote from: guest on 10/03/2015, 11:37 AMI must have missed that, all I saw were a few small still images in their main video. Isn't it a bit odd they don't have a ton of gameplay footage available for a game that is to be released in less than 13 months?
They don't have the license to do the game unless the KickStarter gets funded.

Why-on-earth would they have already written a huge portion of the game if they don't know if it can ever be released?????

And as for development schedules ... 16-bit licensed games were done in 4-to-6 months of fulltime work back in the 80's.

Given the low funding goal here, and the amount that must be going out to the licensor, then I suspect that this isn't going to be a fulltime job for any of the participants. I'd be very happy to be wrong about that.

_Paul

Quote from: guest on 10/03/2015, 11:37 AM
I must have missed that, all I saw were a few small still images in their main video. Isn't it a bit odd they don't have a ton of gameplay footage available for a game that is to be released in less than 13 months?
Who cares about the other versions.

ONLY PCE MATTERS!

TailChao

Quote from: Nulltard on 10/03/2015, 01:59 PMWhat will the ESRB be on this game?

IMO, M or GTFO
Anime Only.

_Paul

Psycho Punch

This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

sirhcman

Quote from: elmer on 10/03/2015, 01:53 PM
Quote from: guest on 10/03/2015, 11:37 AMI must have missed that, all I saw were a few small still images in their main video. Isn't it a bit odd they don't have a ton of gameplay footage available for a game that is to be released in less than 13 months?
They don't have the license to do the game unless the KickStarter gets funded.

Why-on-earth would they have already written a huge portion of the game if they don't know if it can ever be released?????
Thanks for clarifying elmer!

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: guest on 10/03/2015, 02:39 PM
Quote from: guest on 10/03/2015, 11:37 AM
Who cares about the other versions.

ONLY PCE MATTERS!
That is correct!
IMG

NightWolve

Quote from: esteban on 10/02/2015, 09:38 PMI want Gunsmoke.Riders.

II BUTTON shoots diagonal left. I BUTTON shoots diagonal right.

All the sprites/stages can feature this goofy "Saber Rider" IP, I suppose.
I would seriously like that idea, and then also have Wild Guns type challenge stages, that is if both types of stages could be worked in, that'd be ideal.

Arkhan Asylum

To me, since the show was essentially a wild west shootout in the future, having the rapid fire run n' gunning is just nope.

Sunset Riders is basically just Metal Slug in Dodge City.   It's kind of dumb, as a result.

The list of games I can think of that have a cooler shootout feel to them are....

Golgo 13 and Mafat Conspiracy
Rolling Thunder
City Hunter
Codename Viper
Shinobi
Cyber Cross

The idea of a Gunsmoke style was tempting for about 30 seconds.

PCE has enough shmups.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Elder

Well with the news officially out that Aetherbyte will be working with these guys on the PCE version, I think this game has a real shot of being something special.  Atlantean was absolutely awesome, so I wish you the best of luck Arkhan.

o.pwuaioc

Were you thinking of a strong platforming aspect to it?

Gredler

Dick Tracy and would be a good skeleton to flesh out and reskin to a wild west theme

Dicer

A rolling thunder style game would be the tits, the TITS I say...

spenoza

I have always wondered why, with all the games Namco DID put on the PC Engine, that the PCE never got a Rolling Thunder or Rolling Thunder 2 port. I feel like the system is very well designed for the large character sprites in those games.

Arkhan Asylum

The only thing Rolling Thunder style wouldn't need in Saber Rider would be the doors.

lol.  Those are dumb.

I am not sure on platforming.  That really depends on the art/level/prototypes of what they show us.

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 10/04/2015, 05:22 AMGolgo 13 and Mafat Conspiracy
Rolling Thunder
City Hunter
Codename Viper
Shinobi
Cyber Cross
And Robocop! :)
IMG

Dicer

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 10/04/2015, 04:53 PMThe only thing Rolling Thunder style wouldn't need in Saber Rider would be the doors.

lol.  Those are dumb.

I am not sure on platforming.  That really depends on the art/level/prototypes of what they show us.
You cray cray, the doors are awesome...

elmer

esteban

Arkhan Asylum

For this kind of game, it is.

Elevator Action is where doors belong, lol

NightWolve

For anyone else like me that was wondering why there was so much anime on the Kickstarter page and not noticing an idea on actual gameplay, well, it was there, it just goes by real quick (a few seconds) and you need to go fullscreen with your Youtube player.

Here's a jump link to it: https://youtu.be/uJF75jyR3Os?t=1m9s

esteban

^ it was so short and brief, I could barely see it. :)

elmer

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 10/08/2015, 12:51 AMFor this kind of game, it is.

Elevator Action is where doors belong, lol
I guess that it all depends upon where/how you want to introduce "enemies".

Personally, I liked the panic that you got in Rolling Thunder when a bad guy came through a door close to you. Much more so than the guys that just popped out of the walls.

YMMV.

But I already wrote my Rolling Thunder rip-off, you get to do yours any way that you like!  :wink:

Arkhan Asylum

I can see window-appearances, but definitely no "walk in/out of doors" mechanic.   

_Paul

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 10/08/2015, 08:17 PMI can see window-appearances, but definitely no "walk in/out of doors" mechanic.   
Vigilante did it. Robocop did it. Let's not write it off completely yet :)

Dicer

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 10/08/2015, 08:17 PMI can see window-appearances, but definitely no "walk in/out of doors" mechanic.
What do you have against it, it's what makes RT so awesome...

Please, just give us ONE door we can get in, just don't tell us which one.

elmer

Quote from: Dicer on 10/09/2015, 08:32 PMPlease, just give us ONE door we can get in, just don't tell us which one.
A door that just takes you a small white room with no other exit, and with "The Girl from Ipanema" playing, and NOTHING else going on.

However long you stay in there, when you exit, you go back to the original game screen and NOTHING has changed!  :wink:

HailingTheThings

Quote from: elmer on 10/09/2015, 09:45 PM
Quote from: Dicer on 10/09/2015, 08:32 PMPlease, just give us ONE door we can get in, just don't tell us which one.
A door that just takes you a small white room with no other exit, and with "The Girl from Ipanema" playing, and NOTHING else going on.

However long you stay in there, when you exit, you go back to the original game screen and NOTHING has changed!  :wink:
Or you enter the mystery door into a pitch-black room with the Saber Rider main theme playing in reverse. Suddenly you see what appears to be April with her back turned to you. You call out to her "April! Is that you?!" She slowly turns around, grinning and says "I'm not April. . ." She then begins to laugh maniacally as you realize that its really an Outrider with a smoking hot body, oh no!

IMG
IMG

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: guest on 10/09/2015, 01:52 PM
Vigilante did it. Robocop did it. Let's not write it off completely yet :)
I don't recall walking in/out of doors in Vigilante.   The enemies do, but you don't.

Dude comes running out of the peepee room, waving his gat around trying to shoot you.

BUT THEN YOU NUMBCHUCK HIS BULLETS BACK AT HIM BECAUSE YOU NEED TO SAVE MADONNA.

I would've left her goony ass.  She's fugly.

_Paul

Yeah I meant the enemies only. Not the player.

esteban

IF PCE Saber Riders doesn't have a light gun stage (or three), then I call bullshit. Inspiration for light stages should be Bayou Billy and Hogan's Alley.

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: esteban on 10/10/2015, 06:35 PMIF PCE Saber Riders doesn't have a light gun stage (or three), then I call bullshit. Inspiration for light stages should be Bayou Billy and Hogan's Alley.
Ban please.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 10/10/2015, 08:45 PM
Quote from: esteban on 10/10/2015, 06:35 PMIF PCE Saber Riders doesn't have a light gun stage (or three), then I call bullshit. Inspiration for light stages should be Bayou Billy and Hogan's Alley.
Light Gun, please.
I fixed that for you.

And, thanks for the support!

Psycho Punch

Saber Riders should have a fleshlight supported stage.

IMG
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!

HailingTheThings

IMG

o.pwuaioc

Psycho Punch

LostFlunky

The Pling crowdfunding was addressed on the Kickstarter page - in German:

"I was at this pling that counts yet? (German only)

Yes for sure! The pling-supporters have not been forgotten.
Each Plinger is automatically involved and gets the donated sum to pling automatically be playing with the appropriate Reward of Kickstarter.
In addition, all Plinger be mentioned by name in the credits.
For some this was anyway part of his old Rewards."

NecroPhile

Great..... did I throw money at vaporware?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!