RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

PCEngineFX forum members are a bunch of paranoid, new member-hating douchebags!

Started by Arjak, 12/04/2013, 12:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arjak

I am serious. Every time we get a new member, they are instantly viewed with suspicion without cause, and the moment they do one thing wrong, there is a snobby forum regular waiting to put them in their place. It sickens me.

Now, I understand that there are some jerks out there, people who just want to try to scam us, etc. However, acting like jerks ourselves is not going to stop that. What it DOES do though, is hinder us from getting new members.

We all make fun of other forums for being very hostile places, like neo-geo.com, but I think we behave in similar ways. We are a VERY hostile community, and it's going to hurt us in the long run.

Discuss.
He who dings the Gunhed must PAAAAY!!! -Ninja Spirit

MotherGunner

I would say man up and deal with the "offenders" directly rather than invite further drawn out and endless dick-measuring.

Unless I am completely blind, I can only think of one thread recently which may have sparked this rant from you but I don't really feel things are bad as they were years ago.  A look at the welcome threads where we have received people with open arms far outweigh the few threadcraps on new members seen recently. 

Not trying to de-value your point here but it can be argued that these types of threads (this one right here that you started) also make us look bad.  The generalization I am sure is not appreciated.

IMG
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

Xak

I agree with Arjak . I come on here to talk PCE and my project on Neutopia and get heckled.
Im a real life Sadler, just take me to the nearest item shop.

I have aspergers, and am a recovering Tonicholic

Tatsujin

Quote from: Xak on 12/04/2013, 05:52 AMI agree with Arjak . I come on here to talk PCE and my project on Neutopia and get heckled.
rolf, you know exactly why you get heckled. but in case of that newguy98, he's very ok in my book.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

majors

It's a right of passage...a little hazing to filter out the chaff. Better for folks to get an idea of how other members act on day one then get attached to the forum only to have there feeling hurt later. ...or that is my take on it.

"there's no crying in baseball!"
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

MotherGunner

Quote from: Xak on 12/04/2013, 05:52 AMI agree with Arjak . I come on here to talk PCE and my project on Neutopia and get heckled.
As Tats mentioned, you know why.  She did look 10.  Here's the thing:  Are you guys going to be victims and feel sorry for yourselves?  Everyone here has caught shit at one point or another but this here community is like a Brotherhood.  We punch it out, then hug it out, then continue mission.   Let's stop crying about it and suck it up and drive on.  Life is too short to give someone on the internet that much power over you.
-MG

Opethian

this forum is training mode compared to neo-geo.com
man up or sit down to pee
the choice is yours
IMG

Xak

The usual trolls show up lol. Time to use the ignore feature.

Tatsu , I know why? Because 30-40 year old men are acting like little kids that have crushes, thats why. The few rotten apples here need to grow up, community is too small to wage war amongst ourselves.

turboswimbz

Quote from: Opethian on 12/04/2013, 09:34 AMthis forum is training mode compared to neo-geo.com
man up or sit down to pee
the choice is yours
I sit to pee.  But i am lazy.  Worrying about aiming is a bunch of garbage.

Lol. Ope just told em to "piss off" :lol:
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

NecroPhile

Only jack-asses get run through the wringer, and I see nothing wrong with that.  The vast majority of new members are appropriately welcomed, but I invite you (arjak) to post the hundreds of attacks we've made against members in the last six to twelve months.  Back up your mouth or fuck off.

-  Oft banned members (xak) don't deserve a free pass every time they return with the same old bullshit.

-  Whiners that start rather useless topics (paddy) then get mad when someone gives them a little ribbing aren't worth keeping here.  If you can't take a joke or the mildest of rebukes, the internet is not for you.

-  Dipshits (pacecar) that don't know what they want, are too lazy to use search, and get all pissed off when they earn a VestCunt audit deserve to be mocked.  He'll never be much of a contributing member anyway, seeing as he doesn't know shit and isn't really willing to learn.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

JoshTurboTrollX

This same topic comes up every now and again.  Honestly, every new member should just read the Survival Guide for new members to be better equipped on how to enjoy themselves here...
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

98pacecar

Quote from: guest on 12/04/2013, 10:45 AM-  Dipshits (pacecar) that don't know what they want, are too lazy to use search, and get all pissed off when they earn a vestcunt audit deserve to be mocked.  He'll never be much of a contributing member anyway, seeing as he doesn't know shit and isn't really willing to learn.
How do you figure I'm not willing to learn?

CrackTiger

Quote from: 98pacecar on 12/04/2013, 11:22 AM
Quote from: NecroPhile on 12/04/2013, 10:45 AM-  Dipshits (pacecar) that don't know what they want, are too lazy to use search, and get all pissed off when they earn a VestCunt audit deserve to be mocked.  He'll never be much of a contributing member anyway, seeing as he doesn't know shit and isn't really willing to learn.
I'm not saying you're not, but some members here believe that you should develop some kind of interest in particular games before seeking them out to buy, instead of asking for a shopping list. One thing in particular many people here are sensitive to, is collector/invester types who ask for help getting deals on the more expensive/hard to find games. This is because too many times people have used the forum to acquire and flip games/collections and inflate "collector" prices. Magical Chase was a <$150 game before one member infamously begged for help finding a cheap copy to play, picked up a couple complete copies, hyped the shit out of it on eBay and kickstartered the artificial gouging craze.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Xak

I beat Kazi Kiri the first time I popped in the CD.

Lack of level design turned me off. Great game though.

pixeljunkie

I'm all for hazing where hazing is due. I've been on touchy-feely forums before and after a year or so, you get a shitty forum. NG.com on the other hand, is just...well, it's it's own beast. I wonder what would happen if I strolled over to BenHeck forums and asked how to backlight a gameboy color what would happen?

Say stupid things, gets hazed.

IMG

98pacecar

Quote from: guest on 12/04/2013, 12:19 PM
Quote from: guest on 12/04/2013, 10:45 AM-  Dipshits (pacecar) that don't know what they want, are too lazy to use search, and get all pissed off when they earn a vestcunt audit deserve to be mocked.  He'll never be much of a contributing member anyway, seeing as he doesn't know shit and isn't really willing to learn.
I'm not saying you're not, but some members here believe that you should develop some kind of interest in particular games before seeking them out to buy, instead of asking for a shopping list. One thing in particular many people here are sensitive to, is collector/invester types who ask for help getting deals on the more expensive/hard to find games. This is because too many times people have used the forum to acquire and flip games/collections and inflate "collector" prices. Magical Chase was a <$150 game before one member infamously begged for help finding a cheap copy to play, picked up a couple complete copies, hyped the shit out of it on eBay and kickstartered the artificial gouging craze.
This makes a lot of sense and I can understand how it would cause hesitation when new people come around. I've been the victim of this happening in a market myself and watching prices on items I've wanted soar out of reach due to speculation (Magical Chase is one of these). Spend more than a few minutes on NintendoAge and you'll see this as well as many other market manipulation techniques in full display. Not a good thing for the hobby and I understand that very well. I also understand that this could (and probably should) create an amount of risk aversion towards new people until their motives are understood.

But to ask a question that was clearly misstated by myself/misinterpreted by others and have this level of aggression leveled with those on the attack being unwilling to even consider my side of the argument is not a good sign. If I had come in and immediately posted in the Buy/Sell forum asking for people to sell me "teh rarez" for cheap or point me towards sources that I could clean out, I'd have deserved every bit and more of what was launched at me. I didn't, so we really have just a simple misunderstanding that has exploded into a situation where nobody comes out looking good.

It's an unfortunate situation that so many of the niche forums have such a large contingent of members with this type of attitude. The aforementioned NintendoAge, Neo-geo.com, and many others are the same or even worse than here. It's commendable to try and protect the market so that other fans of a given console or genre have a fighting chance to get what they want. Being cautious of or even hazing new members is normal, but being noob-phobic or openly hostile to new members will lead to forum death, not unlike what Digitpress.com is suffering from right now.

At a certain point, there are going to be new people coming in and going off on them without true provocation just serves to push them away from the scene, though like myself, it certainly won't prevent them from sourcing and acquiring the very games the forum is trying to protect. The only thing it may accomplish is to prevent them from interacting in the scene, which could lead to the market changes the forum is trying to prevent actually happening as they don't have the info the forum could provide and make uninformed buying decisions.

FiftyQuid

This is a very tight-knit family community and the "attacks" are why this forum is like that.  Many of us went through these hazings when we first joined, myself included, but it teaches new members not to be dickheads very early on.  It sets a precedent of trust that I have come to really appreciate here.

I personally like the attacks and hope they continue.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

420GOAT

most attacks ive seen are after some one pulled a dickhead move. i dont know wenough to jump in most of the time, but the shit is funny.
I want to be more like 337.

The Wolf: If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the fucking car.

Xak

I only check NG.com once every few months for the Drama. Its hilarious. Glad Tonk got his karma. (Or did he) Last I heard he is a opiate addict so he scammed the money. (Opiates = Heroin) He is from those northern cold states where its prevalent

CrackTiger

Quote from: 98pacecar on 12/04/2013, 01:01 PM
Quote from: CrackTiger on 12/04/2013, 12:19 PM
Quote from: NecroPhile on 12/04/2013, 10:45 AM-  Dipshits (pacecar) that don't know what they want, are too lazy to use search, and get all pissed off when they earn a VestCunt audit deserve to be mocked.  He'll never be much of a contributing member anyway, seeing as he doesn't know shit and isn't really willing to learn.
This makes a lot of sense and I can understand how it would cause hesitation when new people come around. I've been the victim of this happening in a market myself and watching prices on items I've wanted soar out of reach due to speculation (Magical Chase is one of these). Spend more than a few minutes on NintendoAge and you'll see this as well as many other market manipulation techniques in full display. Not a good thing for the hobby and I understand that very well. I also understand that this could (and probably should) create an amount of risk aversion towards new people until their motives are understood.

But to ask a question that was clearly misstated by myself/misinterpreted by others and have this level of aggression leveled with those on the attack being unwilling to even consider my side of the argument is not a good sign. If I had come in and immediately posted in the Buy/Sell forum asking for people to sell me "teh rarez" for cheap or point me towards sources that I could clean out, I'd have deserved every bit and more of what was launched at me. I didn't, so we really have just a simple misunderstanding that has exploded into a situation where nobody comes out looking good.

It's an unfortunate situation that so many of the niche forums have such a large contingent of members with this type of attitude. The aforementioned NintendoAge, Neo-geo.com, and many others are the same or even worse than here. It's commendable to try and protect the market so that other fans of a given console or genre have a fighting chance to get what they want. Being cautious of or even hazing new members is normal, but being noob-phobic or openly hostile to new members will lead to forum death, not unlike what Digitpress.com is suffering from right now.

At a certain point, there are going to be new people coming in and going off on them without true provocation just serves to push them away from the scene, though like myself, it certainly won't prevent them from sourcing and acquiring the very games the forum is trying to protect. The only thing it may accomplish is to prevent them from interacting in the scene, which could lead to the market changes the forum is trying to prevent actually happening as they don't have the info the forum could provide and make uninformed buying decisions.
You've pretty much said all the right things since that thread blew up. The people around here that come off as cranky or aggressive don't usually hold a grudge and are honestly hoping for posts like this as a reaction instead of something headed towards confirming their "suspicions". If you can let things go and just chat about games you'll be surprised how friendly some of those alienating people can be.

Something else that might have set off a few people, is that you actually did show up and start off by asking to enter a raffle for a free "rarez" game, in which the only rule was that you had to haved joined the forum before a month earlier than you did. Again, there is a history of abusing raffles here and for the longest time before that, people weren't sensitive about it. It's unfortuate that things that have happened in the past affect new members, but it's the same reason why we don't have a chat box and new members have to be manually approved.

Like I said, if you aren't completely turned off already and spend more time talking about games you enjoy, then you'll be welcomed by everyone. Collecting, the original form of it anyway, isn't hated here, but this place is more or less the inverse of digitpress. Love of gaming is the primary focus.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

98pacecar

Quote from: guest on 12/04/2013, 02:32 PMSomething else that might have set off a few people, is that you actually did show up and start off by asking to enter a raffle for a free "rarez" game, in which the only rule was that you had to haved joined the forum before a month earlier than you did. Again, there is a history of abusing raffles here and for the longest time before that, people weren't sensitive about it. It's unfortuate that things that have happened in the past affect new members, but it's the same reason why we don't have a chat box and new members have to be manually approved.

Like I said, if you aren't completely turned off already and spend more time talking about games you enjoy, then you'll be welcomed by everyone. Collecting, the original form of it anyway, isn't hated here, but this place is more or less the inverse of digitpress. Love of gaming is the primary focus.
That's one I deserve a ding for. I actually considered pulling my name from contention when my other thread blew up, but missed the window and the drawing had already happened. Fortunately, I didn't win, so no real harm done.

I hold no ill will towards anybody here, even the more vocal that have gone off on me. If either one of them wanted to have a civil discussion or even just a few friendly words in whatever thread we cross paths in, I'm more than happy to oblige. From an overall standpoint, there have been many more positives than negatives and I don't see a reason to leave. This forum is laser focused on a system that I'm actively trying to learn about, so I just want to be where the best information is.

jeffhlewis

Get a few positive transactions under your belt (be it purchasing, raffling off some of your dupes, etc.), engage in conversations constructively and just try to be a generally good person and it'll all work out over time. Come to some of the events if you're in the midwest (or hell, even if you're not - we have people travel from all over for VGS, Octurbofest, MGC, etc).

This crowd can be tough sometimes like with any niche forum but the people here know their shit.

Xak

^Its true, I learned that playing CDRs on your Duo is bad way back in 07 here. Gave mine to Retrogamer as soon as I realized I already ruined it since I had it since 04. Now im on the ultimate HDMI to HDTV set up!!! Amazing graphics!

bob

Fuck off, everybody.

(j/k)

I certainly took a ribbing too when i joined, as mentioned before, its a rite of passage. 
Personally, i cant stand folks just hopping on and joining raffles or looking for deals.  Those people will certainly and deservedly get called out quick.  I especially hate jerk-em-offs that come here like they are doing us a favor by posting mega-rarez at ebay prices and reminding us how rarezzz the games are.  And lets not forget crazy flea market lady and her CDs.

I have been a turbo player since day 1, but i never took the time to really explore the depth of the turbo/PCE legacy until i joined here.  I am forever appreciative of what i have learned here.  So even if noobs get beat up, at least take the time to review the resources and learn a little something.  It will make your future posts more informed and you wont sound like an idiot.

Frankly, this place has been TAME lately.  So anybody crying about it is just plain silly.
A couple of folks have been sniffed out lately, which just goes to show this community isnt just a bunch of keyboard warriors.  People are REAL here.

Arjak

Quote from: galam on 12/04/2013, 04:17 PMFrankly, this place has been TAME lately.
I have a really bad memory, so I might have been around or I might have not, but this line really scares me. :P

I do remember posting a thread in Fighting Street once that basically asked why everyone was acting like assholes, and if I remember correctly (not likely), things actually got a little better after that, and we all had a good discussion about things.

The reason I posted this was because of 98pacecar's thread where he got reamed because of suspicion of being in it for the money. I was angry, and I may have overreacted, but I do find it disconcerting that we get so few new members who stay for the long term. I don't know if it was the recent untimely death of Sini that started it, but I've been really thinking about this a lot lately.

I also have had a lot of bad experiences in life of being considered an outsider or even a freak when entering a new social situation. Throughout my life, I have been constantly judged and criticized by others, some of it being my fault, some of it not, so I'm also very sensitive about these things.
He who dings the Gunhed must PAAAAY!!! -Ninja Spirit

NecroPhile

Reamed?!?  The worst "offenders" as I see 'em:

1)  Lochlan called him out as a hoarder, which ain't much of an attack (certainly not as bad as calling everyone assholes and douchebags).  Besides, wouldn't you say it's true?  4000+ games qualifies as hoarding in my book, not that I think it makes him a bad person; as long as the bills are paid and he's not paying for it by effing over others, zero shits are given.  If you wish to argue that it's simple collecting and not hoarding, google hoarding first and see what it says about hoarding's ties to OCD behavior (which he admits to) and that it isn't necessarily destructive or debilitating.

2)  Vestcoat hits him with a recycled audit, which is mostly accurate no matter how he tries to refute it.  It's admittedly exaggerated for comic affect, but the underlying sentiment is true. 

3)  I chime in agreeing with Lochlan and Vesty that 98 is a hoarder and the gotta-catch-em-all PCE collector of the month, followed by "so what?".   Clownshoes responds that it's all a joke, the dictionary is wrong, he just might know everything about the PCE and its library (we'll never know!), and whines that he can't discuss his original query even though it was answered.

What have I missed?  Please outline all the horrible things that were said to 98, and don't forget to illustrate all the other hundreds of times that we've crucified a new member for no reason.

Tatsujin

Quote from: Xak on 12/04/2013, 12:43 PMI beat Kazi Kiri the first time I popped in the CD.

Lack of level design turned me off. Great game though.
IMG
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Tatsujin

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 12/04/2013, 01:01 PMI personally like the attacks and hope they continue.
Oh yeah? you little bitchy crunchy brunchy farktard you!

Tatsujin

Quote from: Xak on 12/04/2013, 02:31 PMI only check NG.com once every few months for the Drama. Its hilarious.
rolf, why you're checking on others dramas, when you have your very own and biggest one going on right in here?

Tatsujin

Quote from: Xak on 12/04/2013, 04:00 PM^Its true, I learned that playing CDRs on your Duo is bad way back in 07 here. Gave mine to Retrogamer as soon as I realized I already ruined it since I had it since 04. Now im on the ultimate HDMI to HDTV set up!!! Amazing graphics!
HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE? since you're premanently shouting about how your poor DUO catched the fire back in fucking 2005!!!

FiftyQuid

If it wasn't for Prof. P attacking a new member around here I would have ended up buying a piece of Nazi made Turbo memorabilia.

I've been a member of many, many forums since the internet was invented.  But this one, and that intense level of dedication Prof. P showed in outing that Nazi lovin' fucktard is why I consider this forum to have the best members on the internet.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

Xak

Sadler

Quote from: 98pacecar on 12/04/2013, 03:26 PMI hold no ill will towards anybody here, even the more vocal that have gone off on me.
Good, because I promise they are only looking out for the community. Having said that, I'll post dick pics in every one of your threads unless you post some pics of your vette! :D

Sparky

this forum may be rough at times but all the troubled souls get sniffed out leaving the members that are true, and that includes new members as well, and once they go throw there right of passage the warm hugs start a flowing.

Honestly it is not really that hard to blend in here if you use common sense and have a real interest in the place.

I also think this forum is better then any with its built in "neighbourhood watch program" , you certainly would not be seeing the raffles, deals and the trust that goes on if the troublesome members were not put in there place and dealt with openly.

98pacecar

Quote from: Sadler on 12/04/2013, 10:58 PMGood, because I promise they are only looking out for the community. Having said that, I'll post dick pics in every one of your threads unless you post some pics of your vette! :D
That's an offer I can't refuse!! I've already put it to bed for the winter, so I can't get anything current. But here's an older one that gives you an idea. If I get a nice day anytime soon, I plan to drag it out and go for a spin so I'll try to get something a bit better.

It's nice to have someone get the reference from my screen name though!

IMG

Ceti Alpha

Phew! You showed the vette. This thread could have gotten really awkward. Lol

OBEY!
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

roflmao

Quote from: ceti alpha on 12/05/2013, 12:00 AMPhew! You showed the vette. This thread could have gotten really awkward. Lol

OBEY!
LOL

98, I'm glad you kept a (relatively) calm voice responding to all the folks here giving you a hard time.  I think you now see how your initial posts have raised some eyebrows and brought out some of the forum members' snarkiness, but really we're all good folk here and looking out for the forum's best interests. As mentioned by other users, I inevitably got myself into some awkward moments early on also.  Glad to have you aboard, as long as you're not looking solely to complete another collection and move on.  As said before, we're primarily gamers before collectors here.  Lets see some posts in the High Scores threads! :D

OldRover

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 12/04/2013, 08:55 PMIf it wasn't for Prof. P attacking a new member around here I would have ended up buying a piece of Nazi made Turbo memorabilia.
I did buy one, and I've been considering selling it on ebay.
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

Sadler

Nice looking car!

Quote from: ceti alpha on 12/05/2013, 12:00 AMPhew! You showed the vette. This thread could have gotten really awkward. Lol

OBEY!
:lol:

OldRover

Quote from: guest on 12/05/2013, 01:27 AM...but really we're all good folk here and looking out for the forum's best interests.
FUCK YOU CHODERBOY

YOU SUCK TOEJAM THROUGH A SWIRLY STRAW

</jackassmode>

:lol:
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

MotherGunner

-MG

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

CGQuarterly

My knee-jerk reaction to this thread was to disagree with Arjak, but that shootie thread started by 98pacecar flew under my radar.  He's been a LONG TIME member of the classic gaming community who I got to meet at CGE 2K5 (and even helped repair an arcade machine) and who is undoubtedly good people.  He is an example of the kind of people that we should be welcoming into this community to keep it going, not someone who should be shunned because he asked for advice on which games to snag when a good opportunity comes along.

I suspect that a lot more of us are obsessive compulsive collectors than we feel comfortable admitting in public here, since it is obviously a great way to get instantly berated by the community.  I have a full time job and go to grad school.  I also have a large collection of video games.  Since I don't have as much free time as I would like, they spend a lot of time sitting on the shelf, and I'm sure that some of them will never get the attention that they deserve.  Apparently that makes me a bad person according to some people around here.

I also collect Lego sets from my childhood, but I don't set them up on the floor of my game room and have huge lion knight vs. dragon knight vs. black falcon vs. forestmen battles.  Does that make me a douchebag, too?

esteban

Quote from: CGQuarterly on 12/05/2013, 08:29 PMI also collect Lego sets from my childhood, but I don't set them up on the floor of my game room and have huge lion knight vs. dragon knight vs. black falcon vs. forestmen battles.  Does that make me a douchebag, too?
Yes. However, had you admitted that you recreated the Emerald City from Oz with Legos, then I'd give you a hug (and a pass on the hoarding).

Just kidding! I wouldn't give you a pass.

J/k

NOrlyJK

KTHNXBYE
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: esteban on 12/05/2013, 09:01 PM
Quote from: CGQuarterly on 12/05/2013, 08:29 PMI also collect Lego sets from my childhood, but I don't set them up on the floor of my game room and have huge lion knight vs. dragon knight vs. black falcon vs. forestmen battles.  Does that make me a douchebag, too?
Yes. However, had you admitted that you recreated the Emerald City from Oz with Legos, then I'd give you a hug (and a pass on the hoarding).

Just kidding! I wouldn't give you a pass.

J/k

NOrlyJK

KTHNXBYE
It's Okay.  I also collect bread.  Rye, wheat, french loaf...etc.  Some I'll never get around to eating.  Just get moldy.

Aw diddly I'm a crazy fuck.
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Xak

Quote from: Sadler on 12/05/2013, 09:44 AMNice looking car!
GM is THE BEST (GM= Chevy , Buick , Caddilac, Ponitac),!!!! The american BMW or Mercedes by far. You can drop an LT1 in a rear engine Fiero. I've owned 2, looking for the rarest one now a certain year that they made the suspension specially for the car instead of ripping it off a Chevette. Here's what mine looked like it was an 84 I put the body of GT on it (fastback conversion).

IMG

BlueBMW

[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

geise

NecroPhile

That sounds like Jaguar.  Always own two - one to drive and one to have in the shop.

Xak

Fiero is an american exotic. The only rear engine american production car and you can bolt up a V8 Caddilac Northstar engine to any transmission on any Fiero (Yes BOLTS RIGHT UP as in no fabrication needed) . Or if your a mechanical nut you can drop in small block Chevy motors and a variety of new ones / parts CHEAP. A cheap mans lambo,  I've been in one with a Turbo V8 305 automatic and it hauled through corners like a  Lambo

An american exotic, you can see whatever engine you put in it through that glass
IMG