Parts in da house!

Started by jelloslug, 12/10/2015, 05:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jelloslug

NecroPhile

The look like a bunch of marshmallows, like maybe yummy peeps for robots.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

seieienbu

Maybe I'm crazy, but just looking at those battery cases kiiiinda makes me wish I had a white plastic Turbo Express....
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

98pacecar

That's awesome quality! What printer are you using? I've been considering getting a cheap-ish one to tinker with and would love to be able to turn out parts that are this nice.

jelloslug

Quote from: 98pacecar on 12/10/2015, 08:08 PMThat's awesome quality! What printer are you using? I've been considering getting a cheap-ish one to tinker with and would love to be able to turn out parts that are this nice.
I have them done at Shapeways; they use $250,000 machines. I do my prototypes on a Makerbot Z18 but I would not use it for "production" parts.

jelloslug

Quote from: seieienbu on 12/10/2015, 07:19 PMMaybe I'm crazy, but just looking at those battery cases kiiiinda makes me wish I had a white plastic Turbo Express....
It's possible...

98pacecar

Quote from: jelloslug on 12/10/2015, 09:45 PMI have them done at Shapeways; they use $250,000 machines. I do my prototypes on a Makerbot Z18 but I would not use it for "production" parts.
Ah, that makes sense. Nice prototyping setup. I'm looking in the range of a fraction of the cost of even the Z18. Something like a Printrbot. Still good enough to learn on I hope.

retrogmr

So...  Are you taking new orders for the Everdrive covers??? 

OldMan

QuoteStill good enough to learn on I hope
If you're still learning, stay under $500. You can get a pretty nice machine for that price to learn on and see if it's for you. Believe me, no matter what they say it is -not- "hook it up and print" :)

jelloslug

Quote from: 98pacecar on 12/10/2015, 11:00 PM
Quote from: jelloslug on 12/10/2015, 09:45 PMI have them done at Shapeways; they use $250,000 machines. I do my prototypes on a Makerbot Z18 but I would not use it for "production" parts.
Ah, that makes sense. Nice prototyping setup. I'm looking in the range of a fraction of the cost of even the Z18. Something like a Printrbot. Still good enough to learn on I hope.
If I were to buy a low cost machine today I would get something from Formlabs.

jelloslug

Quote from: retrogmr on 12/10/2015, 11:06 PMSo...  Are you taking new orders for the Everdrive covers??? 
There is a thread in the Buy/Sell section.

98pacecar

Quote from: TheOldMan on 12/11/2015, 12:51 AM
If you're still learning, stay under $500. You can get a pretty nice machine for that price to learn on and see if it's for you. Believe me, no matter what they say it is -not- "hook it up and print" :)
That's right where I'm looking, price-wise. I would love to buy into one of the really nice ones, but after messing with the software a bit and the research I've done so far, I know I'll be printing more blobs than anything, so no need to have a nice one.

jelloslug

Quote from: 98pacecar on 12/11/2015, 10:35 AM
Quote from: TheOldMan on 12/11/2015, 12:51 AM
That's right where I'm looking, price-wise. I would love to buy into one of the really nice ones, but after messing with the software a bit and the research I've done so far, I know I'll be printing more blobs than anything, so no need to have a nice one.
Modern printers are really easy to use.  Generating the models to print is the hard part for most people.

wilykat

So anyone got 3D plan for a Neptune shell?  People have married Genesis 2 and 32X into one system but it still looks like regular 16 bit console on the outside. There were picture of prototype around that looked good and I am sure it is possible to make a 3D printed shell that can fit both Genesis and 32x boards in one.

Groover

Quote from: seieienbu on 12/10/2015, 07:19 PMMaybe I'm crazy, but just looking at those battery cases kiiiinda makes me wish I had a white plastic Turbo Express....
Maybe if they where beige that would be crazy.
IMG