10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Jackie Chan, teh man!

Started by SuperDeadite, 07/03/2017, 09:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperDeadite

Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

esteban

Damn, I was going to ask a stoopid question.

Such as...is this _____?

But then I realized...

Jackie Chan...

IMG
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

esteban

esteban

Arkhan Asylum

Those jackie chan MSX games are fucking *weird*, but they are fun.  There's 4 of them that I've played.

This, protector, project A, and Police story.    Police Story was funny as shit.   He has a little cop hat on.

They all have that doofy as hell 80s derpderp feel to them, and blistering MSX1 graphics.

10/10.  Play them all.

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

esteban

The MSX library of Jackie Chan games sound OK, but need more FITNESS and accessories.

Be right back—I have a strict schedule to follow (Jackie Chan Fitness Mat during the day, Power Boxing in the evenings).

Arkhan Asylum

punch the fuck out of 80s punk meth head pieces of shit

and snakes.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Dicer

Jackie Chan Stuntmaster, one of the still playable PS1 games, it's a rockin good time...

Jackie is da man...and his games are mostly good, those arcade "way of the warrior'esque" one non-withstanding.

esteban

"You cannot genuinely and sincerely speak of Comrade Chan's glory until you have leapt, ducked, and run through the streets of Hong Kong in a fitness game unlike any other fitness game. Welcome to the Next Level. Welcome to XaviX."

—Chairman Mao

* Jackie Chan Studios Fitness Action Pad sold separately

Michirin9801

I watched the Jackie Chan cartoon a whole lot when I was little, it was pretty good! At least the first season and a half... But I had never watched a whole movie of his until recently when I saw City Hunter, it was a lot of fun! Also, that one Jackie Chun-Li scene, you know the one, is like, the best Street Fighter live-action movie by a long shot (not like it had much competition)
Other than this I've only seen scenes of Rush Hour, Drunken Master and a few others that I either can't remember or didn't catch the name of the movie, but I've always wanted to watch more of them, and still do...

He's gotta be the celebrity with the best luck starring in games too, both versions of Jackie Chan's Action Kung Fu as well as Jackie Chan Stuntmaster are excellent games! And then there's that GBA beat'em up based on the cartoon, it's not great, but it's not awful, it's just 'meh...

SignOfZeta

I'm not a massive fan of his games but his movies are totally unique. He's one of the few celebrities that don't want to make me puke every time I see him. He's a true artist and puts everything he has into his movies. He's very aware of his influence in Chinese parts of the world (there are no white people as popular as him, his popularity is unreal) and the consequences of his actions as a mega celebrity. His autobiography is one of my favorite books.

Of course all the movies he's made in the last 15 years are crap but he's got a lifetime pass for me based on Police Story, Drunken Master II, Rumble in the Bronx, Project A, City Hunter, etc etc.
IMG

esteban

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 07/06/2017, 02:41 AMI'm not a massive fan of his games but his movies are totally unique. He's one of the few celebrities that don't want to make me puke every time I see him. He's a true artist and puts everything he has into his movies. He's very aware of his influence in Chinese parts of the world (there are no white people as popular as him, his popularity is unreal) and the consequences of his actions as a mega celebrity. His autobiography is one of my favorite books.

Of course all the movies he's made in the last 15 years are crap but he's got a lifetime pass for me based on Police Story, Drunken Master II, Rumble in the Bronx, Project A, City Hunter, etc etc.
IMG

geise

LOL este.

Zeta I totally agree.

Psycho Punch

His comedic fighting coreography was refreshing and his stuntwork was amazing. His Hong Kong movies are the best and he deserves all success and fame he has attained over the years.

He needs to star in more legit roles nowadays though, last movie I watched was Chinese Die Hard (
and while the story wasn't perfect I enjoyed it very much. It's way better than the family friendly hollywood movies he's become famous to star in nowadays :lol:
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

Psycho Punch

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 07/03/2017, 12:11 PM
punch the fuck out of 80s punk meth head pieces of shit

and snakes.
Where's my Sonny Chiba game?
The world is unfair and unjust.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

Arkhan Asylum

Rumble in the Bronx kicked ass.

It also had a PCE GT appearance in it.  for maximum fuckyep

esteban

Quote from: guest on 07/26/2017, 01:32 PMRumble in the Bronx kicked ass.

It also had a PCE GT appearance in it.  for maximum fuckyep
Ultra HD screenshot, please.

Thank you.

:)

Arkhan Asylum

I could be wrong.  It might be a gamegear.   I haven't watched the movie in like 15 years.

the gimp in the wheelchair is playing one or the other.

theres a GT in some kung fu slaparound movie though.  I swear

esteban

Quote from: guest on 07/26/2017, 01:43 PMI could be wrong.  It might be a gamegear.   I haven't watched the movie in like 15 years.

Damn. I don't care what movie it is in, it's just kool for a GT to be in a film.

We will find this...one day.

:)

And, a GG is kool, especially if the wheelchair dude was playing Das Blodia (unlikely, of course...but possible).

Junction = the GG game I was thinking of, but there might be more in the genre.

Gypsy

Lately I've been digging out my old subtitled Chinese movie VHS tapes and giving them a go. Thankfully I have most of Jackie's earlier stuff on dvd but a lot of more obscure films weren't as lucky or have name changes and I can't be bothered.

Dicer

Quote from: guest on 07/26/2017, 01:43 PMI could be wrong.  It might be a gamegear.   I haven't watched the movie in like 15 years.

That kid is the best, esp when he is tossing the stuff to Jackie to beat the thug with...

SignOfZeta

IIRC he was playing a Gamegear with no cart in it and it made 2600 sounds.
IMG

Gypsy

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 07/27/2017, 06:39 PMIIRC he was playing a Gamegear with no cart in it and it made 2600 sounds.
Movies are magic!