@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

AMAZON IS DUMB

Started by blueraven, 07/14/2017, 01:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueraven

AMAZON IS DUMB AVOCADO SEED IS NOT HAPPY
*I need to dual-post this on reddit and imgur this week and will post links.

IMG

ClodBusted

esteban

Please put a "NSFW" disclaimer when you post rude drawings of genitalia.

Thank you.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Gypsy

Need more details. Lol.

But I agree completely with the thread title. Damn packing robots.

NecroPhile

Heh, I didn't at first but now I see ze pit.

So what happened to it?  Somethin' inside go boom or did the ups driver mistake it for a urinal?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

TheClash603

I ordered a drain stopper for my shower, two hooks for the shower wall, and 48 AA batteries and for some reason this package requires me to go sign at the post office?

I thought maybe it was the batteries, but I have ordered plenty of those watch batteries for VMUs and Saturn over the years with no holds...  maybe the local plumbers signed a deal with Amazon in hopes my drain gets plugged from my girlfriend's long hair?

blueraven

Quote from: guest on 07/14/2017, 09:14 AMHeh, I didn't at first but now I see ze pit.

So what happened to it?  Somethin' inside go boom or did the ups driver mistake it for a urinal?
UPDATE: I WAS GIVEN A FULL REFUND AND MY ORDER WAS FREE.

So there was this thing of detergent in my Amazon Pantry order, and they stacked all of the cans and boxes and shit and then left the top off of the detergent, and threw in a single layer of bubble wrap on top. The detergent exploded in the mail, and took most of the labels with it. I'm not sure if I'm going to be eating pork and beans or garbanzos but whatever. I'm almost convinced this was intentional, because the cap had been unscrewed, and somebody obviously used it because the tube for the squirt bottle was full/used/seal broken.

Also, if you bitch at them HARD and include photos like this customer service will issue the refund in like 6 hours.

Amazon is still dumb.

CATTANK IS STRONG

ToyMachine78

I've had a good experience with Amazon. I preordered a game once, maybe fallout 4, and they botched the shipping so it didn't arrive until 2 days after release. I was pretty pissed, caused it was something I wanted day 1, and I could have easily picked up a copy locally.

They gave me a $20 gift card and extended my prime subscription by a month. I was happy.

roflmao

Quote from: blueraven on 07/15/2017, 02:59 PMI'm not sure if I'm going to be eating pork and beans or garbanzos but whatever.
Reminds me of a Firefly episode when River starts tearing off all the canned food labels during a psychotic episode. Good times. :)

blueraven

I've been putting off seeing Firefly and haven't even gotten any spoilers.

Maybe I should use some of this Amazon Is Dumb credit to get Firefly...

They basically wrote:"woahh... we fucked up" and just refunded my card...and then they sent me a $10 "Customer Appreciation" code for my next order.

Prime day was pretty sweet.

NecroPhile

They're pretty good about refunding and giving store credit, but I'd rather they fix the problem.  So much shit is damaged because they do a piss poor job of packaging fragile items.

Gypsy

Quote from: guest on 07/18/2017, 09:32 AMThey're pretty good about refunding and giving store credit, but I'd rather they fix the problem.  So much shit is damaged because they do a piss poor job of packaging fragile items.
For real. I had a stretch of ordering some boxed Vita games. For awhile I tried to do replacement orders, they all kept arriving damaged because they kept shipping in a bubble mailer, despite my insistence that they use a box. Eventually I gave up and started just taking the additional 20-30% off that they typically offer if you complain about the outer box being damaged. At some point Amazon got fed up to where they finally started shipping stuff to me in boxes, even some stuff that didn't need it. It must have been some kind of temporary note on my account though, because they went back to mailers later on another BOXED game. AMAZON IS DUMB.

xcrement5x

Glad to hear they fixed it for you.  I've rarely had issues with Amazon recently since I've learned that their packing sucks, but you never know what a birthday/Christmas will bring when things from your wish list are combined.  The cast iron skillet + blu-ray in a single box from a couple years back was a spectacle to open.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Gypsy

Quote from: guest on 07/18/2017, 01:02 PMGlad to hear they fixed it for you.  I've rarely had issues with Amazon recently since I've learned that their packing sucks, but you never know what a birthday/Christmas will bring when things from your wish list are combined.  The cast iron skillet + blu-ray in a single box from a couple years back was a spectacle to open.
Amazing.

blueraven

Quote from: guest on 07/18/2017, 01:02 PMGlad to hear they fixed it for you.  I've rarely had issues with Amazon recently since I've learned that their packing sucks, but you never know what a birthday/Christmas will bring when things from your wish list are combined.  The cast iron skillet + blu-ray in a single box from a couple years back was a spectacle to open.
Thanks xele. Yeah, I can imagine what the inside looked like when you opened the box. DVD pancake?

They were good about fixing it and realistically all of the packaging was damaged but not the food from the Pantry order. There is an Amazon drop center with nightmare parking about a mile from my house so I don't have to go too far to take returns. In this case, they asked me to return nothing which was because of the photo-documentation process. Always do this if you have a package that looked like mine.

Quote from: Gypsy on 07/18/2017, 09:48 AM
Quote from: guest on 07/18/2017, 09:32 AMThey're pretty good about refunding and giving store credit, but I'd rather they fix the problem.  So much shit is damaged because they do a piss poor job of packaging fragile items.
For real. I had a stretch of ordering some boxed Vita games. For awhile I tried to do replacement orders, they all kept arriving damaged because they kept shipping in a bubble mailer, despite my insistence that they use a box. Eventually I gave up and started just taking the additional 20-30% off that they typically offer if you complain about the outer box being damaged. At some point Amazon got fed up to where they finally started shipping stuff to me in boxes, even some stuff that didn't need it. It must have been some kind of temporary note on my account though, because they went back to mailers later on another BOXED game. AMAZON IS DUMB.
You now this doesn't surprise me. Their stacking ability is good but whomever or whatever robots are packing the boxes have virtually no regard for "condition" or "integrity" when it comes to delivering your goods. When I ordered the DS version of River City Ransom about 6 months ago, the mailer arrived shredded but the game was somehow intact, and not damaged. It sounds like you've had a worse experience with games than most of us, but I also dread this exact same thing when I order games.

NecroPhile

I've only had one totally borked package from them (a Taiyo Yuden cake box that squished a season of Futurama DVDs), but that and other people's tales of woe were enough to scare me off.  If it's heavy and pointy, I buy it by itself or buy local; if it's something in a box that I want to keep (LE game), I order it along with enough extra books/dvds/cds/etc. to ensure that it's in a box.

Gypsy

The games themselves were okay. This was stuff like Senran Kagura where the only version was boxed, and the box would always be pretty damaged. And really it's funny because if they would put it in a box along with any kind of padding there is next to no chance of damage.

Gredler

Quote from: guest on 07/18/2017, 05:21 PMorder it along with enough extra books/dvds/cds/etc. to ensure that it's in a box.
Consider yourself swindled into ordering more than you would otherwise.

amazonian jerks!

NecroPhile

Nah, it's stuff I'd buy anyway.  My wishlist is full of such items; I want to buy 'em eventually, but they can wait 'til I need to pad out an order to the $35 minimum for free shipping or to make sure something is sent in a box.

sirhcman

They changed it down to $25 for free shipping

NecroPhile

blueraven

Is Prime available where you are? Prime is Dope.

Gypsy

Quote from: guest on 07/19/2017, 12:17 PMThey changed it down to $25 for free shipping
I guess they were tired of the complaints or it was actually impacting their bottom line. It doesn't effect me since I have prime, but I'm glad they did this.

blueraven

Ohhh I keep forgetting that you live in a WWII era tin shack in the middle of a cornfield. Must be easy to get spare parts for that robot body with all them old farm implements rusting around you.

NecroPhile

Ha!  I ain't gonna pay $100 a year to get 'free' shipping on maybe 10 orders a year.

wildfruit

Amazon uk used to be fantastic early 2000s. Used to spend ~£100 a month on crap I didn't need and delivery was free. O to be young and single again. Now the free delivery option is shabby to the max. Often waited a week just for the order to be picked. Amazon France is quite decent. Ordered a ps vita last Christmas and it arrived NEXT DAY.

blueraven

Thanks for the feedback, wildfruit. Sounds like France has the shipping center thing under lock.

Anybody from Canada have any Amazon experiences? I've honestly heard nothing about their service up there with the exception of Vancouver, where I know it's pretty sweet being next to Seattle and all.

o.pwuaioc

Amazon was taking a week just to fulfill an order. I ended up canceling everything ($500 worth of PC stuff) and getting it all on Newegg instead.

Gypsy

Quote from: guest on 07/21/2017, 10:49 AMAmazon was taking a week just to fulfill an order. I ended up canceling everything ($500 worth of PC stuff) and getting it all on Newegg instead.
Better off buying from Newegg anyway. I'm building a new PC next year and I'm guessing at least 90% will be bought on Newegg.

bob

Quote from: guest on 07/19/2017, 03:17 PMHa!  I ain't gonna pay $100 a year to get 'free' shipping on maybe 10 orders a year.
prime is worth it for the music and video service alone.
just sayin...

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: Gypsy on 07/21/2017, 11:06 AM
Quote from: guest on 07/21/2017, 10:49 AMAmazon was taking a week just to fulfill an order. I ended up canceling everything ($500 worth of PC stuff) and getting it all on Newegg instead.
Better off buying from Newegg anyway. I'm building a new PC next year and I'm guessing at least 90% will be bought on Newegg.
Their packaging is 100% better than Amazon's. Night and day difference. You might pay a little more, but enough sales happen so that if you have the time you can snag the right priced items.

Gypsy

Yeah, it's worth it to pay more for quality service. Plus Newegg makes rebates really easy.

Last time I bought a case it was from Newegg and it arrived damage. No problem to get a replacement order set up, and it would be the same on Amazon. However the difference is that the second time they gave it more padding and what not and it arrived safely. With Amazon, I probably would have been looking at another damaged case. Also that one time is pretty much the only time I ever had an issue buying from Newegg.

blueraven

I haven't bought anything off of NewEgg since about 2004... Wasn't even aware they were still a thing.

turboswimbz

I just bought my new computer off Newegg this way and it really wasn't, more expensive.  I waited for a bunch of sales and ended up paying about the same as what Amazon, PCparts picker showed (within $100).  Plus one of the warehouses is close to my house so I got most of it in two days with no extra cost.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

blueraven

Wow, I guess they are.

I bought a hard-drive enclosure for $20 from them in 2007, and received about 2000 emails in the interim, most of which were 5-10% off coupons for stuff I would never need. About three months ago I purged all of the emails from my server, and unsubscribed.

Glad they're good for y'all though.

ToyMachine78

Quote from: bob on 07/21/2017, 11:08 AM
Quote from: NecroPhile on 07/19/2017, 03:17 PMHa!  I ain't gonna pay $100 a year to get 'free' shipping on maybe 10 orders a year.
prime is worth it for the music and video service alone.
just sayin...
I was gonna say the same thing. I use amazon music daily. Plus you get better discounts on a lot of items.

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: blueraven on 07/22/2017, 12:38 PMWow, I guess they are.

I bought a hard-drive enclosure for $20 from them in 2007, and received about 2000 emails in the interim, most of which were 5-10% off coupons for stuff I would never need. About three months ago I purged all of the emails from my server, and unsubscribed.

That's all on you. In every email there's an unsubscribe button. You could have done that after email #1, though why you signed up at all I have no idea.

blueraven

Quote from: guest on 07/22/2017, 12:48 PM
Quote from: blueraven on 07/22/2017, 12:38 PMWow, I guess they are.

That's all on you. In every email there's an unsubscribe button. You could have done that after email #1, though why you signed up at all I have no idea.
That was full disclosure and me admitting fault. :D

Sorry title should have read AMAZON IS DUMB, SO IS BLUE SOMETIMES

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: blueraven on 07/22/2017, 12:48 PMThat was full disclosure and me admitting fault. :D

I can symphathize with that sentiment. I've had my fair share of "Why the fuck am I still subscribed to this spam service!?" moments. Fuck you, Delta. All your deals are shitty.

blueraven

Quote from: guest on 07/22/2017, 12:50 PM
Quote from: blueraven on 07/22/2017, 12:48 PMThat was full disclosure and me admitting fault. :D

I can symphathize with that sentiment. I've had my fair share of "Why the fuck am I still subscribed to this spam service!?" moments. Fuck you, Delta. All your deals are shitty.
:lol: I just unsubscribed from them on the day Delta got shut down in April... I got stuck in Sacramento... and couldn't make it to MGC. They gave me 30,000 bonus miles for that ordeal but I would have rather seen Nulltard pass out under a tablecloth than wait in the airport for 28 hours again.

Gypsy

Quote from: turboswimbz on 07/22/2017, 10:33 AM
I just bought my new computer off Newegg this way and it really wasn't, more expensive.  I waited for a bunch of sales and ended up paying about the same as what Amazon, PCparts picker showed (within $100).  Plus one of the warehouses is close to my house so I got most of it in two days with no extra cost.
Yeah, the last time I bought peripherals (couple mechanical keyboards and a mouse), they were cheaper on Newegg after rebates which were exclusive to purchasing off Newegg.

turboswimbz

Quote from: blueraven on 07/22/2017, 12:38 PMreceived about 2000 emails in the interim, most of which were 5-10% off coupons for stuff I would never need.
:lol: :lol: :lol: I unsubscribe from these things immediately.  too damn annoying.  like 90% of my mailbox would be spam otherwise, I use to be too lazy to click the button.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

xcrement5x

I think the NewEgg promo codes also only work if the email address on your account is subscribed to the notices.  All my newegg emails go into a folder away from everything else and just get periodically purged.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

blueraven

Quote from: turboswimbz on 07/22/2017, 03:00 PMI use to be too lazy to click the button.
YOU UNDERSTAND

NecroPhile

Quote from: bob on 07/21/2017, 11:08 AMprime is worth it for the music and video service alone.
just sayin...
I don't pay to stream.  I'd rather spend that $100 on expanding my library of CDs and DVDs; between broadcast TV, DVDs I own, and DVDs I can borrow from family and friends, I've got plenty of shit to watch already.

Gypsy

Quote from: guest on 07/24/2017, 10:44 AM
Quote from: bob on 07/21/2017, 11:08 AMprime is worth it for the music and video service alone.
just sayin...
I don't pay to stream.  I'd rather spend that $100 on expanding my library of CDs and DVDs; between broadcast TV, DVDs I own, and DVDs I can borrow from family and friends, I've got plenty of shit to watch already.
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS