10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Well Fuck

Started by Gypsy, 11/10/2017, 12:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gypsy

Warning: this is going to be personal and emotional.

So I took today to look after my step-dad so my mom could take some time for herself for the first time in well, a long time. While I say step-dad this is the man that raised me. My actual father is a douche and while I won't get into all of it the short of it is he gambled away the family business when I was 6.

My step-dad has Parkinson and due to that rarely knows who anyone is and also has dysphagia. So it has been rough for awhile now. Lately things got even worse so he has needed an oxygen tank as well. It's been a struggle and at this point it looks like a feeding tube and catheter are not far off.

So as I'm watching over him this morning he asks for help. I ask what with and in a rare moment of actually saying something discernible instead of indistinguishable noises he asks me to do something I can not do.

Talk about a punch right in the nads. I'm not going to do it, of course, but damn it just made everything hit me like a sack of bricks. I always knew deep down that he doesn't have long left but it just brought everything out. I wanted to scream and vomit at the same time. Instead I just cried a lot. I'll probably cry more throughout the day. To think of the personal hell he must be going through right now tears me up.

So why did I make this thread? I really don't know, I just needed to type this out I suppose.

NecroPhile

God damn, that's a tough one.  I hope things get better for you all soon.  :cry:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Gypsy

Thanks NecroPhile. He actually just passed on within the last half hour and I'm a train wreck. There is a hospice person here now and stuff is being taken care of.

seieienbu

I hope that he died peacefully.  You were in a very rough situation. I'm sorry that all of that happened.  Dealing with a loved one's death is awful but I'm certain that you'll feel better over time.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

xcrement5x

That is horrible man.  I am glad though that you have your family around to help you work through it all, they are the most important thing you can have. 
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Gypsy

Quote from: guest on 11/10/2017, 01:07 PMThat is horrible man.  I am glad though that you have your family around to help you work through it all, they are the most important thing you can have.
Yeah I called my mom right after the hospice people and she will be over here soon. I can't stop crying honestly.

Quote from: seieienbu on 11/10/2017, 01:05 PMI hope that he died peacefully.  You were in a very rough situation. I'm sorry that all of that happened.  Dealing with a loved one's death is awful but I'm certain that you'll feel better over time.
Appreciate the kind words. About as peaceful as could be considering.

Sarumaru

I am really sorry to hear about your loss. It will take some time, but the heaviness you feel in your heart right now will lessen over time. Take solace knowing that he is no longer suffering. For someone to ask of such a thing, he was likely in much discomfort and pain. I wish the best to you and your family during this time of distress.

turboswimbz

Sorry man, Wishing you the best.   I was in similar shoes 3 years ago. I hope you can take some comfort in the forums best wishes.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

spenoza

You knew you had to share to help yourself cope. That kind of self-awareness will help you get through this. I'm sorry to hear of your loss. Best of luck.

Gypsy

Quote from: guest on 11/10/2017, 01:51 PMYou knew you had to share to help yourself cope. That kind of self-awareness will help you get through this. I'm sorry to hear of your loss. Best of luck.
Thanks to you, and Null too. The response here and elsewhere has been tremendous and is helping.

Psycho Punch

I'm really sorry to hear about your loss. I wish you and your family the best, take care.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

Arkhan Asylum

damn dude.  Really sorry to hear about that.   Losing a parent sucks.

It's like worse-than-Turrican levels of sucking.

Everything will probably feel like a jacked up blur for awhile as you just move from task to task wondering when everythings going to settle down.   It gets better.

Distractions help.   Me personally, I binged on GTA5 online.  There was a nice soothing feeling I got from running over people with a car and hearing them scream at me through the PSN voice-thing.

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Gypsy

Quote from: guest on 11/10/2017, 06:30 PMdamn dude.  Really sorry to hear about that.   Losing a parent sucks.

It's like worse-than-Turrican levels of sucking.

Everything will probably feel like a jacked up blur for awhile as you just move from task to task wondering when everythings going to settle down.   It gets better.

Distractions help.   Me personally, I binged on GTA5 online.  There was a nice soothing feeling I got from running over people with a car and hearing them scream at me through the PSN voice-thing.
FUCKING TURRICAN.

Interestingly enough I've been playing UT04 for a bit now. Just wanna shooooot shit. Then I'll watch some SPORRRRRRTS tonight and just blank out for a bit.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Gypsy on 11/10/2017, 06:33 PMInterestingly enough I've been playing UT04 for a bit now. Just wanna shooooot shit. Then I'll watch some SPORRRRRRTS tonight and just blank out for a bit.
There you go.   Mindless-auto-pilot-violence is a fantastic distraction and way to stay entertained. 

I wonder if the Doom dudes ever though the thing they were pioneering was going to eventually become a like therapeutic device for people.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

johnnykonami

Gypsy, sorry to hear about your loss, man.  I have been through the passing of a parent myself, and I feel for you.  My close friends helped me a lot during that time.  I think spending time with friends and focusing on work are both helpful distractions, but straight up grieving is part of the process too.

Medic_wheat

I can't imagine at it alien to loose my father or mother.

With that said I can empathize on what it's like to lose a loved one while in hospic.

Stay strong and allow yourself to grieve.

TR0N

You have my condolence man.Had my lost last year after my mother passed away and a uncle as well.Most you can do is keep busy if possible and surround yourself with friends and family.Other then,take you're time in coping and i wouldn't worry about posting here much if i were you.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

NightWolve

Hey Gypsy, my condolences... Sorry to hear.

My pop died in his sleep at 61 back in 2007, so at least he didn't linger on in agony like what you describe wanting an exit... Real stressful time especially considering we decided to honor his wish to be buried back in his home village in Greece but we pulled it off with extended family help...

Anyway, it gets better with time as all things, so mourn, cherish his memory if he was a good man and soldier on as we all must do... All the best man!

Bloufo

Gypsy, my condolences as well.

I can relate to the stress and shock with regard to your loss.
Both my parents went out in a really tough way. My mom passed away a little over a year ago.

It takes time. You need that to come to terms with losing a loved one, and finally find some peace and acceptance with it.
There is no wrong or right way in trying to cope with your loss. Everyone is different. Being with family and close friends at this time is very important.

Stay strong. My prayers are with you.

Gypsy

Quote from: TR0N on 11/11/2017, 04:30 AMYou have my condolence man.Had my lost last year after my mother passed away and a uncle as well.Most you can do is keep busy if possible and surround yourself with friends and family.Other then,take you're time in coping and i wouldn't worry about posting here much if i were you.
Yeah, spent a lot of time with my brothers this weekend. Debating if I want to take some bereavement leave or not.

Thanks to all posting nice things again.

jtucci31

Quote from: Gypsy on 11/12/2017, 07:47 AM
Quote from: TR0N on 11/11/2017, 04:30 AMYou have my condolence man.Had my lost last year after my mother passed away and a uncle as well.Most you can do is keep busy if possible and surround yourself with friends and family.Other then,take you're time in coping and i wouldn't worry about posting here much if i were you.
Yeah, spent a lot of time with my brothers this weekend. Debating if I want to take some bereavement leave or not.

If you're on the fence about taking leave I would maybe say you should. Don't feel like you need to get over this faster than you should. Properly dealing with this is really important.

I'm sorry for your loss.

Sparky

There are no words man. ((Biggest hugs)) :(

Gypsy

Quote from: guest on 11/12/2017, 11:09 AM
Quote from: Gypsy on 11/12/2017, 07:47 AM

If you're on the fence about taking leave I would maybe say you should. Don't feel like you need to get over this faster than you should. Properly dealing with this is really important.

I'm sorry for your loss.
Yeah, the funeral is Wednesday so for now I took 3 days.

crazydean

Very sorry to hear this. My thoughts are with you.

mitsuman

Sorry for your loss. I dread the day I have to deal with this.

I know it may be a rough thing to do, but keep an eye on your mother. Not knowing anything about her, she may be guilt ridden with the fact that the one time she left his side, he did not make it. Not saying she will blame you, but more look at it as it is her fault.

And take the bereavement. You may not think you need it, but you do.

Gypsy

Very good on that front. We had a nice chat.

Gypsy

The elderly woman that works at the local post office (and knew my step-dad) dropped off some fresh home made cinnamon rolls today. What a wonderful surprise.  :D

NecroPhile

Mmm, home made rolls are the best.

Gypsy

Yep. They are going to go straight to my ass.  :lol:

NecroPhile

Quote from: Gypsy on 11/14/2017, 01:54 PMYep. They are going to go straight to my ass.  :lol:
I prefer to take them orally, but whatever floats your boat.  We won't judge.  :mrgreen:

Gypsy

in99flames

Just read all of this. Sorry to bring up sad topics...but im really sorry you went through all that. Everything will be ok. He is in No more pain. For distraction sake...here is gay garfield.
/2e5ce1.jpg
I am somebody's mommy!
----name that movie quote :)

Gypsy

Bahahaha. Wtf.

in99flames

Well...i suppose ill post the back of that book to continue the distraction.... :-D
/91d2ef89.jpg
I am somebody's mommy!
----name that movie quote :)