OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Gamestop = FAIL

Started by blueraven, 12/24/2010, 12:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkhan Asylum

The funcoland by me was legit.  I got Raers there cheap BITD.

and their pricelist was nice.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Mathius

Quote from: guest on 12/01/2011, 02:58 PMThe funcoland by me was legit.  I got Raers there cheap BITD.

and their pricelist was nice.
My Funcoland was pretty groovy too.  8)

T2KFreeker

Does anyone actually even " LIKE " Game Stop at all? I know I hate those clowns! Not so much a few of the people that work there, but this company is a great example of what happens when Corporate America Runs Amok unchecked by the public! Kind of like Walmart.
END OF LINE.

Ji-L87

The only reason why I even visit them is because they still carry some older games here. GAME, which I prefer in many ways, have dropped the PS2 & PSP - understandable but still. Otherwise, my local GameStop hardly ever has good sales and the sticker they put on used games tend to be really hard to peel off.
CHECKPOINT!
Quote from: esteban on 09/23/2012, 01:40 AMThere is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.

Arkhan Asylum

I only go into Gamestop to do the following:

*Troll Skyrim/Call of Duty/Current shitty American game fans .  I went to the midnight skyrimfag launch asking for a copy of Daggerfall. Then I held up the line to buy 4$ used games that I then held up the line again to return because I didn't want them.  It ruled.   Then I locked the deadbolt while browsing the store and watched morons rushing out to go home and play it slam into the door and go OOOOOOOOF.  Fuck Skyrim

*Preorder a game only because I want the preorder bonus that I get.  Then I cancel the preorder and buy the game off Amazon instead.  If they won't let me cancel it, I buy it, and return it at a different gamestop and say "My brother already bought the game".  It's still sealed, so I get my refund.  I also pay cash so I don't have to wait for fuckin credit card pending shit.

*Buy a used game that I've been trying to find and they happen to have.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Emerald Rocker

I like Gamestop.
* If there's a new game I want, they're likely to have it.  This is especially true for brands that Best Buy doesn't carry.
* Since the store has a lot of games, there are a lot of things for me to look at if I'm just in a browsing mood.
* I can trade in games for store credit, which is nice.
* For older games on current consoles, it's a nice alternative to eBay.
* The likelihood of finding someone (either an employee or customer) who appreciates quality gaming is higher than the likelihood of finding someone like that off the street.
Official member of the PCEFX 4K Post Club

guyjin

Quote from: guest on 12/04/2011, 12:13 PMI only go into Gamestop to do the following:

*Troll Skyrim/Call of Duty/Current shitty American game fans .  I went to the midnight skyrimfag launch asking for a copy of Daggerfall. Then I held up the line to buy 4$ used games that I then held up the line again to return because I didn't want them.  It ruled.   Then I locked the deadbolt while browsing the store and watched morons rushing out to go home and play it slam into the door and go OOOOOOOOF.  Fuck Skyrim
Wow, being a complete ass to people just because you don't like their taste in games? fuck off.  :evil:

I've heard nothing bad about skyrim and I'm hoping santa drops a copy in my stocking this Xmas.

chris leach

Well now..this is the best thread on any forum ever!

Fuck Game Stop!

Like the first replies suggest..No I don't want to pre order Madden or any other title you actually have for pre order.  If I am here to buy Final Fantasy, then a sports game isnt gonna do dick for me!  I will pre order the next rpg for ps2 from ya, but all you are concerned with is the hottest new console title that I know anyone will have on the shelves for the next couple of months.  Plus, I can go to Meijer and pick up my copy without a preorder and have it the night before at mid night regardless of whether or not you decide to open you doors or not.

I hate the pre order scene and you never give me my pre order bonus item, cause you say I didnt come pick it up in time.  When in fact I know, YOUR FUCKING EMPLOYEE took my hand puppet from my Lunar pre order and you dont want to admit that an employee would do that...

So..piss off gamestop, give me back my funcoland and take your used litho artwork idea and shove it!
I like holding my gun, Cleaning my gun, and Shooting my gun!

Mishran

I love the Elder Scrolls series, and Skyrim was on my "Top 1" most wanted list since before the reveal. Rather disappointed by the trash bag full of bugs the game is littered with. I haven't touched the game in over 2 weeks waiting for those slackers at Bethesda to finally fix the damn game. Used to be such a good company producing high quality games, such a shame. :cry:

But, I can say that the game looks absolutely amazing and the controls are outstanding.

geise

As much as I hate Gamstop I understand the pushing of preorders.  It's like commission for car salesmen.  They're just doing their job.  It's annoying as all fuck, but I just brush it off.  Then I walk up with my copy of a game they didn't even know they had in stock.  It's hit or miss for the employees there.  There's one store near my house where they are really nice.  Then we have one at the mall where they're total ass hats.  They really are the only other place locally for anyone to get non crazy multimillion dollar seller games like CoD, Skyrim, Battlefield, Gears of War, etc.  i don't ever see bestbuy, target, or walmart selling Otomedius, Raiden Fighters, or Death Smiles.  Gamestop is also the only place that has almost all PSP games.  I still only walk into a Gamestop about twice a year.  That's really only because I just play old shit.

Joe Redifer

I shop at my local stores instead of GameStop.  Y'know, ones that aren't owned by national chains.

TR0N

This gamestop spoof hit the nail on the head  :lol:
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

geise

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 12/07/2011, 05:52 PMI shop at my local stores instead of GameStop.  Y'know, ones that aren't owned by national chains.
Sadly not everybody has that option. :(

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: guyjin on 12/04/2011, 06:44 PMWow, being a complete ass to people just because you don't like their taste in games? fuck off.  :evil:
They don't have any taste.  Period.  I hate the modern gaming scene.  The entire culture is now centered around stupidity being spewed out by IGN, G4, Gamespot, and Gamestop.  Hipster gamers.  Skyrim comes out and all the WRPGtards come out and go OMG ADVENMTURES!

then Dragon Quest games come out and they go WHAAAAAAA THIS GAMES HARD. IT SUCKS.

These are the people that spell it "Turbo Graphix" and think the thing has two 8 bit CPUs in it.  They're the scum of the gaming world.  Commodore 64 gamers and Turrican fans are higher on the list than them.

So yes, I troll them with great fury, and cause lots of commotion and laughter.  It's nice when they play along.  It's funnier when they don't and get so worked up they are almost crying.

They're all generally my own age and I most likely went to school with them.  This makes it funnier.

I don't respect anyone that wants easy games full of eye candy. They're responsible for the state of gaming today.

The majority is a bunch of idiots, and the majority basically controls how things turn out. 

QuoteI've heard nothing bad about skyrim and I'm hoping santa drops a copy in my stocking this Xmas.
Where to begin?!

Enchanting ruins the game and makes you OP, early on.
Pots on peoples heads = steal everything!
use bodies as shields
only level up your destruction magic: Kill everything
Giants can kill dragons. What?
Smithing can be maxed in 5 minutes because Bethesda can't test anything right anymore.
The last patch had dragons flying backwards. Seriously.
Horses can ramp up mountains.
Meleeing bears results in a few hits to kill.  Sword requires 6+.  I didn't roll Chuck Norris.  This shouldn't be happening.
Wolves suck now.  Why be a werewolf when its a step down?  Curing Wolf = cant be a vampire ever.  This makes no sense. 
Wolves require a quest chain instead of getting bit to become one. This is stupid.
The story is retarded.  You'll probably quickly become bored out of your mind and end up doing random stuff instead.
Your character yells BOOSH.  That is just dumb.

There are tons of annoying glitches and imbalances in the character system.  As usual, for the amount of hype the game has been carrying with it, you would think they would have taken care of these problems.

But as usual, the emphasis was on graphics and theatrics.  All the effort that went into that live action trailer should have went into fixing all this crap.

That being said it has some good points:

It looks pretty AND the people don't look like mutants.  This is a step in the right direction compared to oblivion.
The world itself has some character.  It's kind of dreary/lame, but its still better than Oblivion
The interface/combat/controls are vastly better than Oblivion.

It's still not nearly as great as Morrowind and Daggerfall. 

Not worth the full retail price, at all.  Wait til they fix it and for PC mods to come out.

They put the entire Morrowind map and Oblivion map into the game, inaccesible until someone does mods.  Once you can go to Morrowind land, it will be the best game, probably. :)

JoshTurboTrollX

I go once in a blue moon to dig through 360/PSP/Wii games on the cheap.  $7 Ultimate Ghouls n' Ghosts?  $8.99 for Blue Dragon?  Don't mind if I do!

Still good deals on used games, especially if you don't have other options like buying local or 1/2 Priced books.  I avoid their 'customer service' like the plague however.
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

rag-time4

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 12/07/2011, 05:52 PMI shop at my local stores instead of GameStop.  Y'know, ones that aren't owned by national chains.
Gotta support local shops or they'll disappear. I dont have any within an hour of where I live, other than a very spotty flea market, where the two regular game sellers consist of one re-seller who overprices everything and 2) a guy who puts a plastic seal on everything which prevents you from checking for completeness.

bartre

Quote from: rag-time4 on 12/08/2011, 11:27 PMGotta support local shops or they'll disappear.
True dat.
I shop locally almost exclusively, as a buddy of mine owns a thrift store/game store.
there are a couple of other local chains near me, but one is going downhill pretty sharply, and i haven't bought from them in a while.

sadly, none of them EVER have turbob stuff, so that pretty much all comes from others on this forum.

guyjin

Quote from: guest on 12/08/2011, 10:44 AM
Quote from: guyjin on 12/04/2011, 06:44 PMWow, being a complete ass to people just because you don't like their taste in games? fuck off.  :evil:
They don't have any taste.  Period.  I hate the modern gaming scene.  [wank, wank, wank]
So what?

Let's say somebody released a turbografx-in-a-joystick with every huey ever released(and some unreleased) on it. So you go to the store, night of release, and some jackass is there holding up the line for the sole purpose of trolling "turbofags". and after you get your item, the same jackass trips you on your way out.

you would think, rightly, that that person is a jackass.

nectarsis

My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: guyjin on 12/09/2011, 10:52 AMSo what?

Let's say somebody released a turbografx-in-a-joystick with every huey ever released(and some unreleased) on it. So you go to the store, night of release, and some jackass is there holding up the line for the sole purpose of trolling "turbofags". and after you get your item, the same jackass trips you on your way out.

Anyone who hates the turbo is a jackass. Duhrrrr. 

Completely different.  OBEYers aren't responsible for the decline of modern gaming. :)

nectarsis

Quote from: guyjin on 12/09/2011, 10:52 AM
Quote from: guest on 12/08/2011, 10:44 AM
They don't have any taste.  Period.  I hate the modern gaming scene.  [wank, wank, wank]
So what?

Derp?

Arkhan Asylum

It's kind of like saying the guy from Vigilante should be arrested for bludgeoning 700 or so people.

BLUDGEON FOR GREAT JUSTICE.

NecroPhile

It doesn't matter if the target deserves it, being a troll always makes you a jack ass.  That said, it sure can be fun being a jack ass.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: NecroPhile on 12/09/2011, 12:02 PMThat said, it sure can be fun being a jack ass.
\o/ yep!

RegalSin

Okay you all have your say, now I am going to have mine.

I remember the great days of a legenedary store game store called "dragons den" and the fatal "Fairyland Arcade" and "Coney Island Arcade" ( which magically burnt down recently ). Far into the future long after software etc, and ebgames their was a store called Funcoland.

No wait their was another store, a store that sold a bunch of crap including videogames, but that was another universe.

Lets start with Toys"R" Us. When I was alive, we had Sega Saturns lined up with Sonic-R everybody fought just to play something with the most rubbish controllers somebody could come up with ( which was adopted in Sonic Generations ). Then again the N64 appeared and me and a business man was playing Mario trying to topple bomb-omb.

Then the funcoland days. Seriously these people were in college, all of them. Or trying to make some money while living at home. One was a lawyer, and another was a financial major. I even ran into a art major. Before the years of GS, a staff once stood and nobody cared at all. It was a wonderful world from that point of view. You had doors of SNES, Genesis, PSX, and Saturns with games to play.  However happiness was far from the truth. Remember those times when they had something for the NES but they lied to your face??? That was funcoland blue shirt years. Then the green shirts came along, and boy that was fun, the store folks would say "Why not go outside and play basket ball, or pick up girls" other people were like "So your collecting those RPGs" ( You know the only ones that were playable back then". So many other wonderfull moments.

Speaking of miracles you had the practically invisble Game Crazy. Game Crazy is where all the BlockBuster game people were. Last of the video freaks. Speaking of which the BlockBuster in my area shutdown. It was sad with one woman employee holding the fort down. I wanted to steal something but I felt sad for her. Game Crazy the last time I made some dumb joke ( as I did when I wented into a store ) and chat with the person behind the desk ( as I did in the past ). So balh balh blah they shutdown even staying open 24hrs a day.

Back to Funcoland. Funcoland had been brought by GameStop ( kinda like how G4 flipyty floppyty flooped TechTv ). and they fired everyone. The same green shirt staff that was their for like years, gone. Then they fired manager after manager. One man pleaded for his job. Everytime a manager was hired they would also hire a new staff. The staff was basically what the manager wanted.

The first manager hired people who needed the jobs, like people with kids. The second manager hired people who were into videogames, and the third manager hired people
who were uhm..........like of their own race. The third never got fired because they would cheat ( why did all those managers get fired???? Well what does gamestop employees first mission is??? ). It was pretty much a white wash of the entire store.
I forget about the manager who actually was an employee and was upgraded to manager, and the guy from Manhattan with the N-word on his tounge. So this store all together had five managers, I repeat five managers. Some stores had two managers working one store keeping an eye on the other manager.

I repeat a store had the following managers

A father gamer
A gamer
A white guy with the N-word on his tounge
A black woman who only liked her own kind ( black or female )
A previous sales associate.

Speaking of being stupid during the gamestop times. One time I ticked off a sale associate. That same guy was stealing from the register ( no shit ) and was stealing the games. He had complained to the region manager about the store area, and so he was moved back to the mall area, and was busted for theiver.
..........................................................................................

Here is the flatfact truth about Gamestop. We are dead men walking, we all should be in our success. Not complaining about how sucky GS. I am kinda glad that funcoland is dead, because if Funcoland was around I would be like WTF!!!!

You walk into a gamestore and see crap. Everything looks like crap. Did you know they dump everything in the store. No it does not get sent back to another store it gets dumped, into the garbage truck. So final results, GS knowns what they sell is crap, and is milking a consumer that is driven by children ( their I said it ) children.

I am too bid, too tired, and too obssessed to even go backwards in time, to go to Funcoland. They are in another world, and have heads full of nothing.........9999% of the time. Even if I got to know them, I don't wanna know them. I am too big for new freinds like that.

Here is an example, a person in the store obviously likes Castlevania, ( the new one )
and got a free shirt just for working their ( like in EB games everybody got free GTA stuff ) and they know about the PCE Castlevania only threw Wii. That is how out of the loop they are, and I am.

Gamestop = current = playpen

Just typing all of this crap, makes me forget about the mission.
IMGIMG

nectarsis

MotherGunner

Wow RegalSin, reading the above reminded me of reading the first paragraphs of "One flew over the Cuckoo's nest"...  (Very Good!)   :twisted: 8-[ :shock: :-k

Reference

http://books.google.com/books?id=j6NsKmZbk58C&pg=PA1&source=gbs_toc_r&cad=4#v=onepage&q&f=false
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

Mathius

I lost count how many times my eyebrows slammed into one another while reading that.

blueraven

:-k :-k :|  :?:

I was going to LOL at Arkhan's Bethesda post and thank TR2N for the Gamestop parody video...

That was just too fucking wierd.

alexsduo

Quote from: cyloaiza on 11/07/2011, 06:11 PM
Quote from: alexsduo on 11/07/2011, 04:25 PMI ruin this place and I do it for free!
hence, that is why 3 people ignore you..
Only 3 out of 300 aint bad....

With 6 posts under your belt, you are clearly l33t
Manuals needed: Airzonk
hu: MC, PCE: Zero Wing

geise

Regalsin you are my friend. I love you. The way of stating the obvious to explaining everything so clearly is not remarkable. If I had all the power of the brain that had it would be in heaven. The voice of reason and the truth comes to the highest mountain and makes everything small. And to be on the topic with your answer Funcoland all employees were taken on board by other employees who are now the future is gamestores Gamestop. Gamestop is the ruler of all that is now known to gaming. Indeed, most of the game world Gamestop now has the best and all that no place to play (and you can believe) to purchase video games. I used to go there to remember when they had the almighty NES. I laughed nowingness employees and not about the NES, and even the best system in the face of the earth the turbo grafx! They will always be the only store that is the seller of games.

roflmao

blueraven

IMGIMGIMGIMGIMG

TELL ME AGAIN HUMAN!

ROFLMAO

TR0N

Quote from: blueraven on 12/31/2011, 12:54 AM:-k :-k :|  :?:

thank TR2N for the Gamestop parody video...

That was just too fucking wierd.
Thanks that gs spoof nailed it and the reason why i hardly go by a gs any more,to much bs at lamestop to buy a game from there these days.
IMG

RegalSin

Funcoland staff got the shaft, and was duh fired. Gamestop ir revolving door of managers, and sales associates. They are nothing like funcoland. Gamestop sells games because everybody thinks they are too cool for toys r us. No!!! because the videogame ratings came along, when people wanted to make games that was like Rated-R films, on the note.

Stop buying from gamestop. Their is nothing of value in that store.
IMGIMG

geise

Regalsin, Funcoland staff had gotten the shaft all because Gamestop uses gorilla warfare tactics on employees.  Gamestop sells games because they have always wanted to see the child scared of games.  R-Rated films are supposed to be the best of the most ultimate in game playing.  I will always never or maybe sometimes stop buying from the Gamestop.  The only thing of value in the store is not, NOT of the employees.  Can't you listen to reason?

MotherGunner

There is value at LameStop, which is why so many get robbed at gunpoint every year.
-MG

blueraven

Went to a different Gamestop yesterday after I got my new phone activated at the downtown mall. Looked around after hunting for some PSP titles, only to see a case full of Gameboy Games for between $10-20. Loose. Lame.

They were selling a stack of PS3's for $20 under retail unboxed. It was a head-shaking moment.

Quote from: MotherGunner on 01/06/2012, 09:07 AMThere is value at LameStop, which is why so many get robbed at gunpoint every year.
:roll: sad, but true.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: geise on 01/06/2012, 08:47 AMRegalsin, Funcoland staff had gotten the shaft all because Gamestop uses gorilla warfare tactics on employees.
They send gorillas to kill people?

NecroPhile

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 01/06/2012, 03:30 PMThey send gorillas to kill people?
They just use their tactics, which I presume means 'flinging feces at their enemies'.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

MotherGunner

Quote from: guest on 01/06/2012, 03:43 PM
Quote from: guest on 01/06/2012, 03:30 PMThey send gorillas to kill people?
They just use their tactics, which I presume means 'flinging feces at their enemies'.
Woo hoo.  Running from my magic!
-MG

TR0N

Quote from: MotherGunner on 01/06/2012, 09:07 AMThere is value at LameStop, which is why so many get robbed at gunpoint every year.
Sounds like what it is at a 7-11  :lol:
IMG

PCEngineHell

blueraven

An evil clan of power hungry game-hating gnomes bent on spreading fear in the harts of children and adults alike.

blueraven

I went to yet another Gamestop in yet another suburb in Northern California.

Final Fantasy Tactics PSP = 18.99, loose 24.99 with case.

There was an employee talking about how they had to keep the dumpster locked and chained up because it keeps getting cut and broken into. The manager was instructing the employees to look things up on eBay if there was any questions on how much to charge.

Anything pre-PS2 was not even considered.

munchiaz

There is tons of fail in this video from happyconsole gamer. Its EB games

PCEngineHell

Quote from: munchiaz on 01/02/2013, 12:51 AMThere is tons of fail in this video from happyconsole gamer. Its EB games
Wait, Electronics Boutique? GameStop still using that name after buying them out?

Joe Redifer

Only in Canada, I believe.

Burnt Lasagna

The only thing I buy at Gamestop is PS2 games, for the fact that their practically throwing them away now.
Sure, it sucks that most of them have had there cases gutted, but when almost all of the games are $1, regardless of their actual online value, you really can't complain that much.
What Button Do You Press To Jump!?!

blueraven

Quote from: munchiaz on 01/02/2013, 12:51 AMThere is tons of fail in this video from happyconsole gamer. Its EB games
This is fucking insane. Exactly the reason why this chain is total bullshit.