RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Creating a Replacement Hu-Card Door For the Turbo/PCE Duo.

Started by turboswimbz, 04/05/2013, 09:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turboswimbz

Hopefully in the coming months (and not years lol), With the generosity of members, [and with the new technologies in the world of plastics and computer software], we will be able to create a replacement door for those black duos.  Here are the basics at this point:  

1. It will match as much as possible the black duos, although coloring and/or texture may be slightly different.
(possible improvements? - better peg system.)

2. At this time the members involved have no interest in mass production of the doors, these would be just for members here who want the functionality of the door and the look of the Duo back.  

3. They will be cost effective as possible.

DAY 1 - April 5th 2013
- We are working on getting a rough model done, detailed measurements and the like are being taken.  updates to follow the coming weeks.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

JohnnyPhantom

Sounds great, I'd love to see them become available someday ^-^ just curious, is this only for the hu door or the cd door as well?

turboswimbz

Quote from: JohnnyPhantom on 04/05/2013, 12:04 PMSounds great, I'd love to see them become available someday ^-^ just curious, is this only for the hu door or the cd door as well?
This is just the huCard Door.
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Game-Tech.US

I suggest beefing up that damn 'sprung' peg that always breaks and is the reason the door is lost or tossed.

turboswimbz

BUMP FROM THE GRAVE - I NEED YOUR HELP!

Well Well I have news - and mostly good news too!  8)

I have found a 3-D printer to use and AT COST!!!!!!!!  :dance:

And I have some bad news, I broke my door I was using for modeling.  :( However I have the measurements from it.

WHAT I NEED FROM THE WONDERFUL MEMBERS HERE IS PICTURES OF YOUR DOORS!
[/size]

Off the Duo is better and from diffrent angles but any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

And oh, If all goes well, I hope to have a completed door by the end of the year!  and hopefully a few replacements early next year for you folks :)

majors

TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

turboswimbz

OldMan

Quote3D scan that bitch!
Spoken like some one who has never done it :)

turboswimz: If you need help/advice on getting nice prints, let me know. I've been playing with a solidoodle for a year now, and you've seen the pictures of the plates we made...And those are the 'bad' ones :)
Also been playing with a kinect/skanect setup for a month or two.

turboswimbz

Quote from: TheOldMan on 10/11/2013, 05:59 PM
Quote3D scan that bitch!
Spoken like some one who has never done it :)

turboswimz: If you need help/advice on getting nice prints, let me know. I've been playing with a solidoodle for a year now, and you've seen the pictures of the plates we made...And those are the 'bad' ones :)
Also been playing with a kinect/skanect setup for a month or two.
AH you beat me to the PM, I'm actually working with some guys from a certain company in Detroit.  However we were just discussing that we had no one with CAD skills.  I'll PM you some measurements if I can soon.