RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

WiiMednafen

Started by Burnt Lasagna, 10/30/2011, 05:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Burnt Lasagna on 12/07/2011, 11:52 AM
Quote from: Psycho ArkhanI think he is just pointing out that a frigging phone has better display capabilities than the Wii, overall.
So what. HDMI is still a complete over kill for PCE and would probably destroy the image.
Using a Wii with goony wannabe controllers in a money related emulated environment is overkill for the PCE.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Burnt Lasagna

What's your beef with the Wii anyways?
Would you rather use your phone to emulate PCE games, even though you would be using the Wii controls anyways and would be outputted on your TV like crap? (Since the Wii has out of date display capabilities it can output in the PCE's native resolution)
What Button Do You Press To Jump!?!

Arkhan Asylum

I'd rather play my PCE on my TV w/ a flashcard, or CD-Rs of games if I don't own them yet.

OR, a PC attached to a TV.

the Wii is fine for playing the piddly handful of games on it that didn't suck.  They are few and far between.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

NecroPhile

Quote from: Burnt Lasagna on 12/07/2011, 12:45 PMWhat's your beef with the Wii anyways?
Would you rather use your phone to emulate PCE games, even though you would be using the Wii controls anyways and would be outputted on your TV like crap? (Since the Wii has out of date display capabilities it can output in the PCE's native resolution)
What's your beef with using a phone?  Both the Wii and Android emulators have their pluses: the Wii might output better video (you don't know what his phone is putting out), but the Android is portable and can be played on the go (albeit with sucky controls).
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

SignOfZeta

Quote from: guest on 12/07/2011, 11:39 AMI think you missed the part where CrackTiger said it supports the use of Wii controllers.
Ah yes, I did. That would make all the difference.

I'm pretty sure of one thing though. My Wii will probably still be alive and kicking after that phone has been recycled. Of course I'm sure every phone he owns (and recycles) after that will also be able to do this, but still...I like not throwing shit away.

Other notes:

People just fucking hate the Wii. I don't quite understand it myself, but its basically the most hated system ever, and if you are any kind of "mature" or "hard core" gamer you are required to hate it and brag about how long its been since you turned yours on, or how many games you still have in the shrink wrap, or else you are a GAY WAD and your mature adult gamer card gets revoked. As for why Arkhan hates it...that's just what it does. He hates a system that has Mario Galaxy and then sticks up for total shit like China Warrior and Energy. "Backward" would probably be a good word for it. To some, the politics of gaming are more entertaining that actual gaming.

Arkhan's basic stand on this particular issue makes mostly good sense to me though. A Duo with a CDR in it beats all manor of emulation unless you specifically want to grab video, run cheats, etc. As for just playing the games, real hardware is best. Flash Cards basically suck ass though so for the occasional HuCard emulation might be best, or you could just pay for them.

HDMI, in theory, shouldn't destroy the PCE's video...if done well. This is not a valid concern.
IMG

Burnt Lasagna

Quote from: guest on 12/07/2011, 01:10 PMOR, a PC attached to a TV.
I said it once and I will say it again.

Using the Wii is one of the more authentic emulation experiences. Since it has the ability to output in the TG16/PCE's native resolution (240p) and has variety of different controller options. You probably can even find a third part convertor to play with the original controller, thanks to the VC.

This is why I like WiiMednafen as oppose to other emulators, even if you do have the option to output it onto your TV.     

Quote from: guest on 12/07/2011, 01:23 PMWhat's your beef with using a phone?
Nothing really, I'm sure his phone is fine. I'm just saying his phone does not do all the same things as WiiMednafen.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 12/07/2011, 01:25 PMPeople just fucking hate the Wii. I don't quite understand it myself, but its basically the most hated system ever, and if you are any kind of "mature" or "hard core" gamer you are required to hate it and brag about how long its been since you turned yours on, or how many games you still have in the shrink wrap, or else you are a GAY WAD and your mature adult gamer card gets revoked. As for why Arkhan hates it...that's just what it does. He hates a system that has Mario Galaxy and then sticks up for total shit like China Warrior and Energy. "Backward" would probably be a good word for it. To some, the politics of gaming are more entertaining that actual gaming.
I was an early (pre launch) Wii supporter/defender.  I got it on launch day expecting their lies and filth to be true.

What I was treated to was a subpar gimmick filled gaming experience with really imprecise controls and near dated visuals that made me wonder "why?".  They took everything I expected out of the Wii and smashed it into the ground.  I also got treated to NiGHTS: Travesty of Dreams or whatever, which is the single most disappointing thing in the history of video games.

It wasn't until 1-2 years ago that the Wii started getting good games in rapid quantity.  You can't fault people for hating a system that took THAT FRIGGING LONG to get a substantial amount of titles that weren't gimmicks, or total crap.  The thing sat dormant on my shelf for ages.  I blew money on TONS of games hoping they would be great, or at least decent.  All I got was wasted money, so I stopped buying games and left the thing sitting.  I only turned it on to play the 6 gamecube games that came out in that systems lifespan that weren't total crap. 

I blame the motion controls and their over emphasis for so long.  Metroid prime would have performed better with normal controls.

Most games, the controls feel tacked on, so then you're just holding a really lame controller that's tethered together and ultimately uncomfortable to hold after too long.

Then there are games like Red Steel where the controls just suck. 

So, the difference with sticking up for CW and Energy is this:

they are *games*, not a console.  CW was the FIRST game for PCE.  It did amazing things to the world of gaming and noone seems to notice or care.  The sprites are huge.  The music is good.  The controls are in fact solid and responsive.   The game itself is a matter of reflexes and memorization.  It's the perfect quarter eating skill-game.  Next are we going to say Gladiator sucks?

Energy is like 5$ and is a quick throw in game to screw around with on a beautiful system that doesn't disappoint.  Noone waited and believed the hype for either of those only to be let down beyond all belief for years.

The first two Wii games I got were pretty good.  Zelda had tacked on motion controls and was too easy, but it wasn't a total let down.  It still sucks compared to LttP or Links Awakening..

and then Trauma Center was a port of a DS game, so it wasn't even new.  After that, it was a steady stream of complete trash for a long time. 

It has nothing to do with "hurhrhrr mature gamer" or whatever for me.  I hate those people too.  I hate 95% of the gaming world to be honest.   I don't care what other gamers think of me, because I think they're all stupid.  I love the PC-FX, enjoy the Playdia , and the Loopy.  These are things "mature" gamers call me a gaywad for anyways since they got pink all over the place.

IGN, G4, Gamespot, and all that crap.  It's all retarded and breeds failures.  Right now their "best game of 2011" battle is a bunch of overhyped graphic centered games that mostly suck, and you don't see much in terms of Japanese games, because G4 is a bunch of idiots with no braincells.  HURHRUHR SKYRIM AND ASSAIMS CREED.  YEAH!1!1 GAMEAR SCOR! 

I hate the wii for more valid reasons stemming from disappointment and wasted money.

If I brushed the thing off until like 2 years ago and got the thing when tons of good games came out, and all the mediocre games dropped to <=20$, I wouldn't be as anti-wii as I am.

At this point though, I can tolerate the Wii.  Sonic Colors, the two recent Kirby games, fragile dreams, and lost in shadow are games worth having.  Klonoa turned out OK too.  Muramasa is fun.

SignOfZeta

To me this is just...bankrupt. Sure, we all have to make judgements about the world around us based on personal experience, but judging the quality of the Wii and Energy by hype and the timing of your purchase is just crap.

You realize Energy was a full price game, right? You realize it cost the same as Super Star Solider and PC Genjin 2, right? But since you bought it recently for $5 its something so great it deserves you starting a special thread to talk about how bad it isn't? Energy sucks ass. It cost sixty fucking dollars and its easily one of the top five worst PCE games...but that's just not all that bad? How bad does a game have to be before you consider it bad? Does it have to literally not run, or maybe somehow melt your system? If you actually enjoy this sort of garbage then I actually envy you, I really do, but still...there has to be some kind of measure what is quality in my life. I can't eat at McDonalds every day, drive Chrysler products, and live in a cardboard box. I'm not going to enjoy Energy, neither is anyone else (except those dudes with neck beards and really long skateboards who just want to laugh at it).

I bought my Wii less than two years ago. As soon as I bought it there was plenty to play on it. Do I live in a parallel universe from you where the Wii is good?

When the PSP came out it was an overpriced, over-featured, battery hogging piece of crap with ridiculous load times. I didn't buy one. I bought a series 2000 when those came out years later and learned to copy all the games onto my Memory Stick. Battery life is almost as good as my DSi, the software selection is fantastic, and there are virtually zero load times. To me, its a good system because it became a good system, but to some idiot who bought it day one and hasn't touched it in 5 years its a piece of crap? This makes no sense.
IMG

geise

Haha this whole thread is funny.  It's all about the wiimednafen and being able to play pc-engine games in an "almost close as you can get to real hardware" on your wii.  It's a good experience.  Try it.  If you don't like it great!  If you love it, great!  I wonder how many people in here have even tried this yet?  If they haven't then why complain about it?  It's a great alternative.  I own a US Duo and I still use WiiMednafen.  It has Super Grafx support as well.  I'm surely never going to buy a Super Grafx for the few "but good" games it has.  I would personally rather just use WiiMedafen if I want to play it on a standard TV.  I'm not saying it's a better experience, just it's a good alternative for me.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 12/08/2011, 05:10 AMjudging the quality of the Wii and Energy by hype and the timing of your purchase is just crap.
No it's not.  Clearly, you missed the point. 

QuoteYou realize Energy was a full price game, right? You realize it cost the same as Super Star Solider and PC Genjin 2, right? But since you bought it recently for $5 its something so great it deserves you starting a special thread to talk about how bad it isn't? Energy sucks ass. It cost sixty fucking dollars and its easily one of the top five worst PCE games...but that's just not all that bad? How bad does a game have to be before you consider it bad? Does it have to literally not run, or maybe somehow melt your system? If you actually enjoy this sort of garbage then I actually envy you, I really do, but still...there has to be some kind of measure what is quality in my life. I can't eat at McDonalds every day, drive Chrysler products, and live in a cardboard box.
For starts, it didn't cost 60$.  5200 yen (according to both Magweasel, and the price sticker on my copy) in 1989 was like < 40$.  Don't price it based off the fact that our dollar is worthless in 2011.

The difference, as I said, is that Energy is just a GAME.  It's not an entire system.  You can buy it, play it, realize you hate it, and then move onto a different game, especially in 1989 on the PC Engine.  By then, you have plenty of frikkin options, and the system itself is not failing to deliver.  Trade it in, resell it to someone, hold onto it for fun.   What do you do when the Wii games all suck and you've got nothing to play on your overhyped OMG MOTION CONTORLS?!/! system that failed to deliver any of the promised immersion and excitement?  You can trade it in, but then what? You're out an entire SYSTEM.  Not just one game.  Then you hock the thing, and it suddenly gets better and you're like "CMON. WTF."

Buying and hating a game is alot different than buying and hating an entire video game console when it didn't get anything worth a damn until the price was 100$ for one.  Why didn't they just wait and release the Wii when all the good stuff was ready to be released?

That's grounds for hating a system.  250$ to wait like 4 years to actually enjoy the system?  That's dumb.  Shame on the Wii and on Nintendo for screwing things up.  They botched Prime 3 so bad that Other M had to come pick up the slack.

The wii on it's own is fine.  The wii w/ its library up until early to mid 2010, was pretty awful.  I was beyond excited for the Wii until I got it and was underwhelmed and extremely disappointed in the quality of games on it.  I even got banned from a forum for defending the Wii to the point that I was basically telling the admin of the forum and all of his buddies off, in an un-nice a way as possible.  Man those were fun times.  That was more fun than actually playing the launch Wii.

I would honestly play Energy and China Warrior nonstop for a week straight than any game released in the first 3ish years of the things lifespan.  I think Muramasa was the first game that made me really enjoy owning a Wii for more than an hour. Before that you had Umbrella Chronicles, but that was only great for a playthrough and then it was a second rate HOTD.  Who needs that when you've got a Dreamcast and light guns, AND HOTD2.  The Wii relaunch ones weren't very great since the light gun attachments are all pretty awful.

QuoteI'm not going to enjoy Energy, neither is anyone else (except those dudes with neck beards and really long skateboards who just want to laugh at it).
People in the thread beg to differ.  http://magweasel.com/2010/02/26/i-love-the-pc-engine-energy/  << \o/   He dogs on the game but then points out that it's not so bad and provides comic relief.  It's the kind of game someone who likes Hydlide would enjoy.  We're a special kind of gamer. 

QuoteI bought my Wii less than two years ago. As soon as I bought it there was plenty to play on it. Do I live in a parallel universe from you where the Wii is good?
You bought it less than 2 years ago.  I bought it the day it came out.  When I got it there was nothing to play on it after I beat the mediocre Zelda game.  There was nothing GOOD to play on it for awhile.  It sat there, taunting me going "yeah you stood in line and blew 250$ on me.  How's it feel!? I won't be good until I only cost 100$ SUCKER".  Everything that released for awhile was total garbage.  Brawl, NiGHTs, Red Steel, it was just a train wreck.  Motion control gimmicks.

I think you've missed the part where I mention that it *finally* has good games to play, as of games like Muramasa, Fragile Dreams, Kirby Epic yarn, etc.

QuoteWhen the PSP came out it was an overpriced, over-featured, battery hogging piece of crap with ridiculous load times. I didn't buy one. I bought a series 2000 when those came out years later and learned to copy all the games onto my Memory Stick. Battery life is almost as good as my DSi, the software selection is fantastic, and there are virtually zero load times. To me, its a good system because it became a good system, but to some idiot who bought it day one and hasn't touched it in 5 years its a piece of crap? This makes no sense.
*shrug*. When it came out, it had a decent library (that is the key to a system.  See: the 3DS), doubled as a portable media player, and could be loaded with emulators to take on the go.  That sure beats the Wii's launch status of 2 decent games, one of which was a DS remake.   The PSP launch lineup was pretty awesome.

geise

Wait...what were we talking about again?  :-#

Arkhan Asylum

geise

Is that what you sell to buy games like Energy?  :D

Arkhan Asylum

No, I could find spare change to buy games like Energy.  it rules.

Hydlide for NES cost me 52 cents at Funcoland.

geise

I play Hydlide for free on WiiMedafen cause I don't have change in my couch.  :(

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: geise on 12/08/2011, 09:22 AMI play Hydlide for free on WiiMedafen cause I don't have change in my couch.  :(
That sucks.  You should try the MSX2 disk version.  The graphics is all purdy like.

Burnt Lasagna

Arkhan, cry me a river, build a bridge and get over it.

I also bought a Wii at launch and was disappointed by the large amount of garbage on the system until just recently. I had to bite the bullet on the fact that I wasted $150 buying the system at launch, but whatever, It's just a $150 I could of done allot worse.

I now think the Wii is great system and has more exclusive games then the PS3 or Xbox360. Since those systems usually share all the same games with each other.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Burnt Lasagna on 12/08/2011, 10:07 AMArkhan, cry me a river, build a bridge and get over it.
I'll build it out of balsa wood, just for you.  

Though, I don't have to get over anything.  I can hate the 3DS and Wii launch status until the day I die, and you can't do dick about it except go HURHRHURHRR CRY ME A RIVER AND BUILD A BRIDGE.  I can't help it I don't roll over and take it in the ass when things suck.

I'm loud, I don't like anything usually, deal with it.

I dunno about you but I'm still pissed the launch title was basically a dumb tech demo.  Where's a real pack in/launch game?  Nintendo hasn't done so hot with that one.

QuoteI also bought a Wii at launch and was disappointed by the lardge amount of garbage on the system until just recently. I had to bite the bullet on the fact that I wasted $150 buying the system at launch, but whatever, It's just a $150 I could of done allot worse.
You sure you got it at launch for 150$? Everyone else paid 250$.  For 250$ you could get a lot of other things.

what's lardge anyways?  Is it like, a barge made out of lard or something?

QuoteI now think the Wii is great system and has more exclusive games then the PS3 or Xbox360. Since those systems usually share all the same games with each other.  
Me too.  You must have missed me saying it finally has games worth owning a Wii to play.  That's what happens when you're too busy trying to "hurhurhr owned" someone.

though, exclusive doesn't always mean good, anyway.  The Wii would've been better if it was <=150$ at launch and had half the good games it has now.

and the classic controller still blows.

The 1st party WiiZapper is a piece of demented plastic.

Burnt Lasagna

Quote from: guestI'll build it out of balsa wood, just for you.
Thank you so much! :D
Quote from: guestYou sure you got it at launch for 150$? Everyone else paid 250$.  For 250$ you could get a lot of other things.
I did pay $250. I'm saying I wasted $150 because of the $150 price cut to $100, which is when I should of bought it.
EDIT: wait a minuet! The Wii isn't a $100 it's $150. I guess I wasted $100 then.
Quote from: guestwhat's lardge anyways?  Is it like, a barge made out of lard or something?
It's a typo. I meant to say large.

Arkhan Asylum

You're ok with wasting 150$?  I'm not.

150$ is a lot of PCE games.

Burnt Lasagna

Quote from: guest on 12/08/2011, 10:58 AM150$ is a lot of PCE games.
No game is worth $150, in my eye's.
didn't see the lot part, never mind.
Quote from: guest on 12/08/2011, 10:58 AMYou're ok with wasting 150$?  I'm not.
No, but I can get over it after 5 years.

Arkhan Asylum

Steel Battalion was worth 150$.

geise

I'm glad I bought a wii at launch.  It enabled me to easily allow homebrew on my wii.  My Wii used more for homebrew now than actual wii stuff.  There's quite few really good games I still have yet to play on the Wii though.  I kinda feel all the systems as of late have more shit than good games.  I sure as hell don't complain about it.  Personally I love the classic controller.  It's a really well made controller for me.  The way it fits my hands is perfect.  It makes classic gaming on the Wii a joy to play.

Arkhan sometimes you seem like you just hate to well...hate.  There are others that are allowed to feel differently about something.  I sure don't have a problem with it.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: geise on 12/08/2011, 11:13 AMI'm glad I bought a wii at launch.  It enabled me to easily allow homebrew on my wii.  My Wii used more for homebrew now than actual wii stuff.
That is a problem, lol.  Homebrew is fine, but like you say

QuoteThere's quite few really good games I still have yet to play on the Wii though.  I kinda feel all the systems as of late have more shit than good games.
Theres tons of awful games. Not enough good ones.  Quality over Quantity didn't happen.  It usually doesn't.  Add in the tacked on gimmick motion crap, and you have more problems.  Notice how the good Wii games don't even really use the motion crap?  The first 3 years of the Wii shouldn't have existed.

QuoteI sure as hell don't complain about it. 

I complain about everything.  If no one complains when things suck, things never get better. 

QuotePersonally I love the classic controller.  It's a really well made controller for me.  The way it fits my hands is perfect.  It makes classic gaming on the Wii a joy to play.
I took sandpaper to my classic controller and found it worked better after that.  It's still not the best thing ever.  But, it makes it usable.

QuoteArkhan sometimes you seem like you just hate to well...hate.  There are others that are allowed to feel differently about something.  I sure don't have a problem with it.
:)

I guess I should put a disclaimer when I rant.  People seem to think I'm trying to force them to change how they think or something.  I'm just ranting about things I think are stupid.  Read it and then agree or disagree.  Either way you can keep doing what you were doing.  I don't care.

NecroPhile

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 12/08/2011, 10:23 AMI can't help it I don't roll over and take it in the ass when things suck.
Except when it came time to buy a launch Wii system and seeing the lackluster titles sitting right next to it, then you were all "Give it to me dry so I can cry about it later!"
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: NecroPhile on 12/08/2011, 11:29 AM
Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 12/08/2011, 10:23 AMI can't help it I don't roll over and take it in the ass when things suck.
Except when it came time to buy a launch Wii system and seeing the lackluster titles sitting right next to it, then you were all "Give it to me dry so I can cry about it later!"
Whoa now! Trauma Center WAS a good game, it's just it wasn't anything new.  I was excited to play it thinking "Oh, it'll be fun as usual and a good tie over until the rest of the good crap comes out in a few months or less"

and Zelda was what I expected: Mediocre, and not as good as LttP.  I did not expect it to take one sitting to beat though.  That was just dumb.  They filled the game with stuff like GO FIND ALL THE BUGS, etc. to extend the games playtime.  I don't do that.

I didn't expect the next 3 years to be full of horseshit, given the things they kept showing.  And then when the crap they kept showing did come out, it was nowhere near as good as they lied about.  See: Wii Music.

Dicks.

Duo_R

Wii Homebrew says that PCFX emulation is really slow?
Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

Arkhan Asylum

That's because it's a wannabe white dating sim box.

duhrrrr

Duo_R

ok stupid question but how do I launch Wii Mednefan? I installed the directly to the SD card, but I cannot launch any of the boot.elf files from my Homebrew launcher. Is there supposed to be a channel for this? So confused sorry

Burnt Lasagna

Quote from: Duo_R on 12/08/2011, 03:21 PMWii Homebrew says that PCFX emulation is really slow?
Quote from: guest on 12/08/2011, 03:27 PMThat's because it's a wannabe white dating sim box.

duhrrrr

#-o
As in, the emulation for the PCFX on Wiimednafen is slow at the moment.

Duo_R

UPDATE - ok I got it launched had to load a Boot Launcher app. Can someone tell me how I can install the WAD so I have a nice channel to launch for this thing?

Burnt Lasagna

Quote from: Duo_R on 12/08/2011, 03:49 PMI have homebrew channel on my Wii
Put the folder with the elf and icon file into your apps folder on your SD card. Then you should be able to launch it from the Homebrew channel.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Burnt Lasagna on 12/08/2011, 03:49 PM
Quote from: Duo_R on 12/08/2011, 03:21 PMWii Homebrew says that PCFX emulation is really slow?
Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 12/08/2011, 03:27 PMThat's because it's a wannabe white dating sim box.

duhrrrr

#-o
As in, the emulation for the PCFX on Wiimednafen is slow at the moment.
Thank you captain obvious.

It was a joke. 

About the PC-FX. 

Try to keep up.

Duo_R

Since there is a WAD file, isn't there a way to load this as a channel from the SD card?

Quote from: Burnt Lasagna on 12/08/2011, 03:52 PM
Put the folder with the elf and icon file into your apps folder on your SD card. Then you should be able to launch it from the Homebrew channel.

Burnt Lasagna

Quote from: Duo_R on 12/08/2011, 04:01 PMSince there is a WAD file, isn't there a way to load this as a channel from the SD card?

That's a forwarder to the boot.dol file on your SD card. 
Quote from: Duo_R on 12/08/2011, 03:49 PMUPDATE - ok I got it launched had to load a Boot Launcher app. Can someone tell me how I can install the WAD so I have a nice channel to launch for this thing?
You shouldn't need any special apps to launch it. The homebrew channel is all you need.

Duo_R

sorry I am part technical / part retarted. I have the homebrew channel but it didn't show up in the menu of apps. I had to load a Boot.Elf launcher to get it to work. Not big deal but a little annoying.

Quote from: Burnt Lasagna on 12/08/2011, 04:06 PM
Quote from: Duo_R on 12/08/2011, 04:01 PMSince there is a WAD file, isn't there a way to load this as a channel from the SD card?

That's a forwarder to the boot.dol file on your SD card. 
Quote from: Duo_R on 12/08/2011, 03:49 PMUPDATE - ok I got it launched had to load a Boot Launcher app. Can someone tell me how I can install the WAD so I have a nice channel to launch for this thing?
You shouldn't need any special apps to launch it. The homebrew channel is all you need.

Burnt Lasagna

Think of the forwarder as a desktop shortcut to the app thats on your SD card.

On your SD card there should be a folder call "apps" (if there isn't then make one) this is were all the apps for the homebrew channel need to be placed.
When you download and extract wiimednafen there are two folders "APPS" and "wiimednafen", within the "APPS" folder is another folder called "wiimednafen".
Place the first wiimednafen folder on the root of your SD card.
Then place the second wiimednafen folder (the one that's within the APPS folder) in the apps folder of your SD card.

It should then appear on your homebrew channel. You can install the forwarder with any WAD installer. 

Duo_R

awesome I will give that a try!

nat

Duo_R, BL is leaving out some crucial steps here.

You'll need to first compile the emulator on your Wii (the package provided is actually just source code), then you'll have to get to a command line and execute the following command:

"mednafen -f3001 -qzk1:100 -l:1024,512 -480p -framerate:100 -sound:enabled -joy:enabled -d -e -r -p /sd/<filename>.pce"

Burnt Lasagna

Quote from: nat on 12/08/2011, 07:47 PMDuo_R, BL is leaving out some crucial steps here.

You'll need to first compile the emulator on your Wii (the package provided is actually just source code), then you'll have to get to a command line and execute the following command:

"mednafen -f3001 -qzk1:100 -l:1024,512 -480p -framerate:100 -sound:enabled -joy:enabled -d -e -r -p /sd/<filename>.pce"
Um, no I'm not missing any steps. Your downloading the source files by mistake.
There's a pre-compiled version you can download.

Never mind I'm an idiot! I didn't look at that command!

Duo_R

I thought there is a compiled version. I got it to work without the code

Arkhan Asylum

Burnt Lasagna

For anyone who cares this just got a new release (v0.1)
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/WiiMednafen
Changelog
Quote0.1 - January 13, 2012

Added support for MegaDrive/Genesis.
    Added rewind support for the following emulators:
        GameBoy/GameBoy Color
        Game Gear
        Lynx
        Nintendo Entertainment System (excludes FDS games)
        Neo Geo Pocket
        PC Engine/TurboGrafx 16 (excludes CD games)
        Sega Master System
        WonderSwan (excludes large SRAM sizes: Dicing Knight, Judgment Silversword)
    VI + GX scaler (eliminates majority of scaling artifacts).
    Default screen sizes per emulator (1x, 2x, Full, etc.).
    Full widescreen support
    16:9 correction option (displays 4:3 on widescreen displays).
    Double strike (240p) mode support (can be enabled globally and per-emulator). By default, is explicitly disabled for handheld emulators.
    Color trap filter (Eke-eke implementation)
    Master system FM sound support (when region set to Domestic/Japan)
    Virtual Boy SRAM bug fix (was not being persisted).
    Fixed bug where screen sizing controls were not being properly rotated (games with vertical orientation).
    Ability to map "rotate screen" button for WonderSwan (Klonoa, etc.).
    WonderSwan control mappings now supports "profile" toggle. Allows for saving mappings for both orientations for a single game (Klonoa, etc.).
    Updated Game Gear to display with proper aspect ratio.
    Ability to set Volume globally and per-emulator.
    Additional SMS/GG compatibility
    Fixed bug that prevented certain Ogg Vorbis files (multiples of 1024, go figure) from loading as part of a CD image (CUE sheet).
    Fixed bug that prevented some FDS games (Metroid) from properly flipping the disk.

geise

Yeah I tried it this past weekend.   :D  Nice little update.