RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Could this be for real?

Started by OldRover, 01/22/2009, 08:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldRover

nodtveidt.net/neutopiads.png

Neutopia on the DS, and not emulated...looks like a really early shot though, but can't tell if it's legit. It was apparently shot from an emulator though, so...

I came across this screenie earlier today so I just had to upload it to my server for y'all.
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

NecroPhile

Thanks for sharing.  If it's real, I'm betting that it'll be for DSiWare (or whatever they're calling it).  If someone were to remake it as a normal game release they'd have to improve the aesthetics (among other things), as it wouldn't sell for shit without some enhancements.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Arkhan Asylum

I wonder if its just a mockup of what some DS ware people are shootin' for?

Id buy a straight port with no enhancements.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Irrarce09

Great idea

Just changing the textures could greatly improve the game. It was done for system shock 2, with excellent results.

nectarsis

Both games would prob fit on one cart easily.  Would be kinda cool to see, any new info?
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

jperryss

I'm betting it's just a mockup. There were images of a Super Metroid DS kicking around a couple years ago too.

esteban

I'll remain a skeptic until we see a release date :).

TANGENT:
I think all games that "update" the graphics should provide a "classic" mode (straight port) as well. Ideally, it would be neat to have the ability to switch modes "on the fly", but as long a folks could switch modes at save points, then I reckon everyone would be happy.

I feel the same way about soundtracks, too, of course.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

blueraven

*responds to original question*

No.

Dark Fact

that'd be pretty cool if it was real.  Neutopia on the DS was actually something I always wanted to see. :D
homepage2.nifty.com/tkdate/ysmusic/screen/graphic/Win_CP_THE_LAST.jpg
Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

ParanoiaDragon

Only problem is, that could mean Hudson plans on reviving the series(which could be good or bad in itself, see Dungeon Explorer).  In that case, we may have problems with our Neutopia 3, which means, maybe we'll still keep working on it & finish it, but, we wouldn't be able to release it properly with a manual & pressed disc, etc.
IMG

Windy

They are planning some TG16 titles for 3ds vmware like they have on wii
Proud Member of the F@CK Ebay Club
MONSTER HUNTER TRI FC: W272XV

RegalSin

I think that somebody was working on a Nuetopia translation. I remember the image looked simular. They just took two screens and put the NDS logo next to it. They are just trying to create hype for the game, that is all.
IMGIMG

esteban

Tangent:
I just re-read this thread (not knowing how old it was) AND I WAS GOING TO POST MY RESPONSE, only to see I already said exactly what I wanted to say, 2+ years ago.

I am way too predictable.

Back on topic:

blueraven

*Responds to subsequent answer*

Cool! :P

OldRover

Talk about necroposting! :D

By the way... I fooled you all. :) I made that screenshot, and yeah, it was legit. I was actually working on porting Neutopia to the DS at the time. That was during the time I was heavily into the PAlib scene; after it died, so did my aspirations as a DS developer. That's when I came back to the PCE full-time.

Here are some more screenshots I had released to others:

nodtveidt.net/neutopiads-veryfirstscreenshot.png
nodtveidt.net/neutopiads-8x16font.png
nodtveidt.net/neutopiads-dungeon1.png
nodtveidt.net/neutopiads-workinginterface.png

And just so you don't think that these are just more mockups, I also present to you all some of the builds I had released:

nodtveidt.net/Neutopia-animatedtiles.rar
nodtveidt.net/Neutopia-animations.rar
nodtveidt.net/Neutopia-coldet.rar
nodtveidt.net/Neutopia-dungeon1.rar
nodtveidt.net/Neutopia-screenscrolls.rar
nodtveidt.net/Neutopia-withinterface.rar

You can even have the source code:

nodtveidt.net/n1ds-source.zip

though I am not quite sure how advanced that code was. I'm sure I still have the original project files kicking around here somewhere... probably archived with all the rest of my failed projects.
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

TheClash603

OldRover

esteban

Quote from: OldRover on 01/08/2012, 12:14 PMYep. :D
Well, this certainly has been an interesting unearthing, after all!

HercTNT

So rover, how soon till you have the entire turbo library ported to our portable of choice :)

nat

If the development of Mysterious Song is anything to go by, I'd say you should expect to see the entire Turbo library arrive on the DS just in time for New Year's Day, 9675.

OldRover

The development time of Mysterious Song isn't anything to go by, and frankly, I'm getting fucking irritated by all the lame jokes about it. They stopped being funny after... well ok, they were never actually funny, I just tolerated them. But the "joke" is old now.

HercTNT

Sorry, rover, i dont know anything about MSR and was not making fun of it. I just thought it was cool you ported a turbo game to ds.  :(

OldRover

Herc, that comment wasn't directed at you...

nat

HercTNT

Your taking me outta context. i'm not upset, i was just being polite.

nectarsis

My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

HercTNT

nat

Quote from: HercTNT on 02/11/2012, 09:21 PMYour taking me outta context. i'm not upset, i was just being polite.
I wasn't talking to you.

HercTNT

oh, now i feel like a dummy, sorry man

OldRover

Quote from: nat on 02/11/2012, 09:18 PMJeez, sensitive much?
A little. When you get something thrown in your face over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again, it starts to grate on your nerves a bit.

nat

Sounds like you need to turn that frown upside down!

OldRover

esteban

Quote from: OldRover on 02/11/2012, 10:56 PMOf course! :pcgs:

hehe. :pcds:
I fixed that for you. :)

I'm warming some milk on the stove for you as I type this, nodtveidt :pcgs:.