10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Newcomer to the world of NEC, Experienced Japanese game importer.

Started by Digmac, 10/31/2017, 03:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToyMachine78

For some reason I love that this thread turned into an in depth technical discussion about fucking pens!

Arkhan Asylum

were refined mother fuckers.

experienced Japanese pen importers.

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Psycho Punch

This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: NecroPhile on 11/03/2017, 03:13 PMWhat's fapplejacks got to do with this thread?
I was wondering too, but I'm too busy fucking off with pens and vapes to ask
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

NecroPhile

Maybe Punch is saying we need a "who is the first english speaking verified owner of Japanese mechanical pencils" survey.  I got a Niji Grip 500 back in the late 80s or early 90s; it's got a lot of miles on it, but not so much use since graduating college.

I've got some nice lead holders for drafting from the same time frame, but they're Staedtlers made in Germany.  It's still an axis power, so can I get half credit?

SignOfZeta

Man, I'd kill for a Niji Grip 500 right now. I'm using these shit things I got from Target.

My 500s all just got so sloppy they kinda fell apart. They have too much plastic in them to last forever. I need something new but at the moment of course I'm fucking with pens. The Sakura Pigma brush pens are something I'm learning how to use now. They are very different from Prismacolor.

Btw, I still have all my Rapidiographs but I only use them when I need them for a specific reason, usually it's for modeling. Keeping them clean is just maddening and the disposable stuff is basically perfect now.
IMG

SignOfZeta

Quote from: guest on 11/03/2017, 03:13 PMWhat's fapplejacks got to do with this thread?
I think he's saying that if you let these guys hang out a little longer they can be funny. I was probably part of flaming that weirdo off the forum when he was literally printing shirts that bragged of his experience with Capcom's dumb CP Changer system. He's got some thing about "the English speaking world" like we're living pre-Meiji Restoration.

I want to print a picture of a Duo and write "SignOfZeta Loves His Duo More That Anyone in Michigan" and wear it to MGS.
IMG

turboswimbz

Quote from: Psycho Punch on 11/03/2017, 02:08 PM
Quotewayback.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread?When-did-you-first-own-a-Retail-AES-survey-?(2014)
JAPJAC.webp
AHAHAHAHAAHAifhaefuwoadchzl
why did you have to scare him off so early SoZ.
Best line in that thing is Gohan writing nothing but sucker to the guy that said he sold his.

Anyway, I haven't used a mechanical pencil in about 15 years. . .
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

SignOfZeta

Some joke about owning mechanical pencil #36 or something...
IMG

ToyMachine78

OldMan

QuoteSome joke about owning mechanical pencil #36 or something...
Mine is a beta release.
Says 0.5 on it. :)

SignOfZeta

I always use a .5. I had a .3 phase for a while but even 20 years ago the lead selection sucked so it has to be way worse now. I use 6B almost exclusively and you can't even buy that in American stores anymore in .5, not to mention it would break a LOT.

Of course .7's are for mouth breathers.
IMG

Arkhan Asylum

https://tombowusa.com/mono-drawing-set.html

I use these thingies if I need a pencil.

They kick ass.

They don't break, the sharpen nice, they're not circles so you can hold them good, and they don't tease you with a piece of shit eraser, so you have to get a real eraser like a real human.

SignOfZeta

My issue with caveman pencils is all me. I don't sharpen them until they stop working so the line is really thick and everything gets too messy. Then I sharpen it and everything is thin again. The line thickness never varies with an "automatic" and that's pretty much the only reason I use them.
IMG

Arkhan Asylum

are you drawing and stuff?

I basically use pencils to write stuff down because I draw like helen keller.

SignOfZeta

Oh yeah, drawing of course. I can't read or write. I have a guy type all these posts for me.
IMG

Arkhan Asylum

turboswimbz

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 11/03/2017, 11:24 PMOh yeah, drawing of course. I can't read or write. I have a guy type all these posts for me.
IMG
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Arkhan Asylum

ClodBusted

SignOfZeta

IMG

ClodBusted

SignOfZeta

I know who AvE is, retard. I meant Captain Knekfatt.
IMG

NecroPhile

I don't know who AvE is.  Is it a dyslexic Jaguar game - Aliens v Erpdator?

Arkhan Asylum

Sidenote: Can we start calling Jaguar fans "Jagoffs"

I think its a good idea.

turboswimbz

Yes they are jagoffs

HODOR would be this famous man servant character:

NoSexGex

For a good time, reach out to this wily KKKFarm-crankcaller at (780) 717-9274 or Ryleystuartreynolds@gmail.com up in Alberta, Canada!
His last crank-voicemail: "Gimme a call back when you can. This is Ryley by the way... *giggles*"
He then followed it up with 8 WEEKS of ~DAILY calling! BAN ON SIGHT!!!

Arkhan Asylum