@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Retro VGS Game Console

Started by Mathius, 03/28/2015, 10:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gentlegamer

I'm now convinced Mike Kennedy is a mad scientist who is actually creating a doomsday lulz machine.

He's like Lex Luthor.
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

Gredler

This is amazing. It has to be scripted, this can't be random occurrences, he can't possibly think someone wouldn't make the connection between the capture card and his "prototype" no one can be that naive and shady at the same time, it can't be possible, can it?

mickcris

Both Piko and Collectorvision said they are going to release some more info. Both finally have admitted to being duped. Should be interesting to see some of what was going on behind the scenes.

esteban

Quote from: mickcris on 03/01/2016, 02:59 PMBoth Piko and Collectorvision said they are going to release some more info. Both finally have admitted to being duped. Should be interesting to see some of what was going on behind the scenes.
Aha!
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

SignOfZeta

How can anyone smart enough to program a video game be "duped"? I saw through it in seconds and I'm too stupid to use Excel without screaming like a cave man every 15 min or so.

Actually, I know exactly when I saw through this. It was in that Podcast mentioned earlier in this thread where he first announced the thing. It seemed like...like he actually made the choice to announce the POS at that moment and then proceeded to announce it, a mistake he's still sticking with.

The dude likes to announce that he's making things, isn't so good at the actual making. Terrible, in fact. I'm pretty sure I could make a better fake system than they have in my spare time, and they're actually trying to make a real one.

Frankly, I wish I had time to make a good fake machine. It sounds fun.
IMG

jlued686

Like a fucking train wreck, this thing.

NightWolve

They never recovered from the breakdown of relations with Kevtris, who seems like he was qualified enough to get some kind of system going since he had been working on a console idea YEARS before these incompetent hacks showed up, not that I think we really need this, but yeah, they haven't found a qualified hardware guy(s) in the aftermath and they wanted a big pile of money upfront to pay for that much later (I guess)...

SignOfZeta

I don't know. At this point Esteban's performance art theory makes as much sense as anything.

I say this because...the Jag case is pretty big. You can easily fit an entire Windows PC in there with an emulator for everything on it. Don't put it in a clear shell and nobody will be able to ID the parts. Pay some 20-year old $500 to make or modify an existing front end...there you go. That's like a week of work. These idiots couldn't even install dummy USB jacks into the thing, something easily doable by anyone who can solder and glue things. There just isn't any excuse for these guys to suck so bad at this thing that is aparently their life's work.
IMG

SuperGrafx

I'm really not surprised at this point.

While I don't know much about this Mike Kennedy fellow, I will say that he would be more at home at a neighborhood bar in Boston than being a figurehead of a retro console revival.
He looks like some kind of Irish-American drunkard.

780racer

This dude is like... Worse than EA. At least normally they produce something.... This guy just straight up wants your cash and I bet would run to Cuba or something and retire.

SignOfZeta

At least it'll be made in the good ol USA, right? That's still happening, right?

I guess the shells were recast in the US...so...as much as this thing can be said to exist at all, it can be said to be "American".
IMG

780racer

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 03/01/2016, 10:55 PMAt least it'll be made in the good ol USA, right? That's still happening, right?

I guess the shells were recast in the US...so...as much as this thing can be said to exist at all, it can be said to be "American".
Efff that.

made in the USA means it has to actually be complete. Which this is not, and will not by my predictions...... ever.

At least we get something fun to talk about, haha.

Mathius

Wow my largest thread ever! Kinda wish it was about something more enticing though hehe

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: Mathius on 03/02/2016, 01:02 AMWow my largest thread ever! Kinda wish it was about something more enticing though hehe
What, fraudulent clusterfucks aren't interesting?

780racer

Quote from: Mathius on 03/02/2016, 01:02 AMWow my largest thread ever! Kinda wish it was about something more enticing though hehe
Quote from: guest on 03/02/2016, 01:04 AM
What, fraudulent clusterfucks aren't interesting?
I think this is pretty awesome to see being pulled apart, and talk about openly.

jlued686

/rvgs_030216_coleco_fb_crop.png

o.pwuaioc

This is just too beautiful. Bravo, Coleco, bravo.

NightWolve

So there is something of "Coleco" left and it wasn't just a word these clowns licensed out for use ?

esteban

Quote from: guest on 03/02/2016, 04:02 PMThis is just too beautiful. Bravo, Coleco, bravo.
Agreed.

Quote from: NightWolve on 03/02/2016, 04:18 PMSo there is something of "Coleco" left and it wasn't just a word these clowns licensed out for use ?
I don't know if the account is legit, but I *hope* it is. :)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

CrackTiger

Quote from: guest on 03/02/2016, 04:02 PMThis is just too beautiful. Bravo, Coleco, bravo.
Except that Coleco doesn't exist and doesn't have any standards.

They may however, extort a new upfront fee and renegotiate their backend deal to report that the phantom prototype does indeed check out. Whatever happens to the prototype they "totally saw" afterwards isn't their fault.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

NecroPhile

They'll probably be shown some mini-pc running an emulator and the clown show will go on.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

NightWolve

Is this it, this is the end ??

Everything that has a beginning has an end ??

Groover

This has been one of the more fun train wreaks to follow. I just read that the Kickstarter is delayed till unknown. That last photo with a DVR board is pathetic.

The reason none of this is real is because he has said many times that he doesn't want to spend his money on this project but others money.

Again this whole thing has been having me grab my popcorn and enjoy.
IMG

Bernie

I dont even know what this thing is supposed to  be... but from all the crap that has been blowing up around it, I am willing to bet it is never released.

Sent from my iPhone using your mama

ginoscope

First thing that came to mind about independent engineers from Coleco was more smoke and mirrors and their team dressed up in hazmat suits inspecting the prototype.

At this point can't really believe anything these guys say.

SignOfZeta

I love how they "won't ship a substandard product"...as if quality was in any way a concern here. The product's total non-existence, even as a drawing or a well formed idea, is the actual issue. Quality concerns come in the gamma stage. We're talking amoeba versus dolphin here...
IMG

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 03/02/2016, 05:39 PMI love how they "won't ship a substandard product"...as if quality was in any way a concern here. The product's total non-existence, even as a drawing or a well formed idea, is the actual issue. Quality concerns come in the gamma stage. We're talking amoeba versus dolphin here...
Too far—there's nothing unreal about an amoeba!

Gredler

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 03/02/2016, 05:39 PMI love how they "won't ship a substandard product"...as if quality was in any way a concern here. The product's total non-existence, even as a drawing or a well formed idea, is the actual issue. Quality concerns come in the gamma stage. We're talking amoeba versus dolphin here...
Quality? ROFL, it's so funny that is what they blame and proclaim as their reasoning. They dont even have an amoeba, they have 0 nothing nada zilch. At least an amoeba has some cellular structure at all, this thing is more like a fossil, a dead husk that was once used to house a life form - but they crammed some other life form into it and called it theirs. They only have plastic, literally a hollow shell of a system.

NightWolve

I was wrong to kinda want this thread to end some weeks back... It still manages to deliver some lulz. Shame on me...

Medic_wheat

Makes me think of His stupid inventor cousin.

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/bopc55/mash-up-mash-up-algorithm---little-muddy---tom-segura---inventor-cousin

NightWolve

Coleco Clowns trending ?? What the hell ? They achieved trending status on my Facebook feed ?? ... I'm shocked because of the media reach that they somehow managed to achieved for that to happen... I thought that we're pretty lonely down here in "retro land" so seeing this happen was very surprising... So these clowns were good at something, working the mass media, marketing, promoting, etc. I guess, but that was about it...

IMG

The "winning team," ladies and gentlemen, that almost had a shot at the big leagues but blew it... Tsk.

IMG

Psycho Punch

The Collectard Scameleon, ladies and gentleman. Let's make a statement to game companies and support it, imagine Square, Konami and Capcom releasing new classic games for the system!!!!!
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

SignOfZeta

If nothing else I think this fiasco has educated a lot of socially retarded gamer types as to how the news media unfortunately works. The only sites really covering this were the ones that basically just copy and paste in press releases handed to them by the actual "news makers" themselves.

Because, really, that's pretty much all mainstream news is. "Volkswagen said..:", "The White House said...", "A research paper published today said..." The VGS gave us a nice piece of that phenomenon that we can easily take apart and examine the flaws of. As Pat (who is *really* hard to watch in a solo video where he's just staring straight into the camera) the NES Punk mentioned, nobody but the garbage media like him had the guts to point out the massive pile of irrefutable evidence proving his thing was borked from day one. Aparently Gizmodo, etc were waiting for a press release from Mike himself saying he was a fraud, and most of them won't do any kind of follow up unless he does.
IMG

Mathius

"Other things I Would Rather Have as My Longest Thread Ever"

Argument/conversation about chiptunes, processors, graphics chips, parallax, samples, controllers, CD-ROM, sprites, shading, screenshot comparisons, Randy Savage, cartridge capacity...on and on.

Not so much this fail train though it has been entertaining

NightWolve

Randy "Macho Man" Savage ?? :lol: As for the rest of your list, nah man, nothing else could ever have been as entertaining and it has been done a million times over in small bursts across many threads!

IMG

Also appropriate.

Mathius

I love tech talk. Sue me. :)

SignOfZeta

Show some respect, it's Randall Saváge.
IMG

Mathius

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 03/02/2016, 09:11 PMShow some respect, it's Randall Saváge.
Doesn't have the same ring does it? hehe

jlued686

Now that Coleco has threatened to pull out and these dipshits have "delayed" they're Kickstarter launch, the only thing that'll make this better is when they come back in three months to announce its rebranding as the Odyssey3.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 03/03/2016, 09:43 AMNow that Coleco has threatened to pull out and these dipshits have "delayed" they're Kickstarter launch, the only thing that'll make this better is when they come back in three months to announce its rebranding as the Odyssey3.
Even better.

As the unreleased prototype SNES/Sony CD.

I mean they seem pretty familiar or with the SNES systems lol.

LostFlunky

Watch what you say, at least 3 sites with information critical to the Coleco Chameleon have gone down in the last 24 hours....

... amongst the thousands that go down every day...

NightWolve

News media hacks will start to care about their credibility now ?? Yeah, right...

Bloufo

Psycho Punch

Quote from: Bloufo on 03/03/2016, 11:29 PM/25uh5b4.jpg
That's a good image, users without avatar, take note
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

780racer

Quote from: guest on 03/04/2016, 12:12 AMThat's a good image, users without avatar, take note
Yoink!

Bloufo

Otaking

Just seen Gamester81 has stuck up a new video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

Bloufo

Quote from: Otaking on 03/04/2016, 02:12 PMJust seen Gamester81 has stuck up a new video
Starving children, and ISIS. WTF?

Otaking

Quote from: Bloufo on 03/04/2016, 02:48 PM
Quote from: Otaking on 03/04/2016, 02:12 PMJust seen Gamester81 has stuck up a new video
Starving children, and ISIS. WTF?
I'm with Gamester81 on this one, Pat put up this video as click bait to shill is stupid book
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.