10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Turbob Xpress: Bringing affordable "gamer's" games to the community! Nearly Gone

Started by BlueBMW, 10/29/2015, 10:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HailingTheThings

IMG

wyndcrosser

Any chance for his other discs? Xak III or SOII or the caravan shooters? I know the first two are translated, but since drac was done, I thought I should ask.

Mathius

Quote from: wyndcrosser on 11/28/2015, 09:04 PMAny chance for his other discs? Xak III or SOII or the caravan shooters? I know the first two are translated, but since drac was done, I thought I should ask.
Those have not been looked into yet.

johnnykonami

Just to be sure, I am choosing to pay for goods and services and not friends and family?  It says there will be a fee on your end, is this right?

Bernie

Quote from: johnnykonami on 11/28/2015, 09:27 PMJust to be sure, I am choosing to pay for goods and services and not friends and family?  It says there will be a fee on your end, is this right?
Yes, I absorb the fee. 

Sent from my iPhone using your mama

johnnykonami

Quote from: Bernie on 11/28/2015, 09:29 PM
Quote from: johnnykonami on 11/28/2015, 09:27 PMJust to be sure, I am choosing to pay for goods and services and not friends and family?  It says there will be a fee on your end, is this right?
Yes, I absorb the fee. 

Ok, thanks Bernie, incoming.  Gonna do a separate one for the Nightwolve raffle in a minute.

synbiosfan

Pm sent...actually two were sent. I forgot to include my addy in the first.

Bernie

Quote from: synbiosfan on 11/28/2015, 09:38 PMPm sent...actually two were sent. I forgot to include my addy in the first.
As long as you didnt gift it, Paypal gives me your mailing info.

Mathius

DO NOT "GIFT" PAYMENTS

I should probably put this at the top of every page lol

CatPix

Money on the way!
Bernie, be sure to warn me if my payment is too low for International shipping. I added more, but you'll never know what might make the bucket tip.

EmperorIng

Since the search is a bit hard to pull off, can someone briefly enumerate the region differences between the JPN and USA release of Godzilla?

Psycho Punch

Quote from: EmperorIng on 11/28/2015, 11:09 PMSince the search is a bit hard to pull off, can someone briefly enumerate the region differences between the JPN and USA release of Godzilla?
No quiz between fights means fewer points can be obtained and makes unlocking all characters almost impossible if I recall correctly.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

Mathius

Quote from: guest on 11/28/2015, 11:17 PM
Quote from: EmperorIng on 11/28/2015, 11:09 PMSince the search is a bit hard to pull off, can someone briefly enumerate the region differences between the JPN and USA release of Godzilla?
No quiz between fights means fewer points can be obtained and makes unlocking all characters almost impossible if I recall correctly.
Also check here for more info. http://www.thebrothersduomazov.com/2009/11/godzilla.html

CrackTiger

Plus Tobias' restores a bgm or two, so it's not exactly the same as either official version.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

TR0N

Quote from: Bernie on 11/28/2015, 12:14 PMThe second batch is officially ready for order here in the forums.  PM me for more info.  :)
Pm sent.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

wildfruit

kiketonto

damn! I just bought the batch 1 two days ago! hahaha
can you Pm for the second batch?
Just interested in:
Dynastic Hero
Godzilla
Bonk 3
Again to Spain!!
Thank you!!!

Dicer

Bernie

Everyone that has paid as of 6:00 AM Eastern Time today, has had their package readied for shipment.  :)

sirhcman

Quote from: Bernie on 11/29/2015, 12:54 PMEveryone that has paid as of 6:00 AM Eastern Time today, has had their package readied for shipment.  :) 
Should I have already received an email with the tracking if that is the case?

Bernie

Quote from: guest on 11/29/2015, 12:58 PM
Quote from: Bernie on 11/29/2015, 12:54 PMEveryone that has paid as of 6:00 AM Eastern Time today, has had their package readied for shipment.  :) 
Yes, if I printed your label, PayPal will update the status with tracking, and should email you.  Unless the payment was gifted....

johnnykonami

Wow, thanks Bernie!  Excited to play these.

sirhcman

Quote from: Bernie on 11/29/2015, 12:59 PM
Yes, if I printed your label, PayPal will update the status with tracking, and should email you.  Unless the payment was gifted....
EDIT: I see what I did, I chose the wrong account and its transferring funds which is going to take a few extra days.. Grr

Jason_dicarlo85

martinine

I sent the funds, but after time was called. I'm excited to play these as well! I don't even need anything for Christmas now! So many games to play. Thanks guys!
Keith Courage is #1. Alpha Zone inhabitant for life. Thanks to this forum for rejuvenating and continuing my interest in all things Obey.

HailingTheThings

IMG

retro junkie

Got my email. I will need to camp out at my mailbox. Doesn't matter that it is raining right now and has been since yesterday. It's all about the game.  :dance:

cr8zykuban0

GoldenWheels

PMed on batch 2!

Can hardly wait for some vacation time to veg out out and just play.....

grendelrt

Quote from: GoldenWheels on 11/30/2015, 10:02 AMPMed on batch 2!

That was my plan over this last Thanksgiving week, didnt get to turn on a console for 1 minute. Stupid adult responsibilities haha.

cr8zykuban0

Quote from: grendelrt on 11/30/2015, 10:26 AM
Quote from: GoldenWheels on 11/30/2015, 10:02 AMPMed on batch 2!

That was my plan over this last Thanksgiving week, didnt get to turn on a console for 1 minute. Stupid adult responsibilities haha.
i feel ya bro. i didn't really get to play anything really. i only had time to play a little ai cho aniki for a review but other than that, i was too busy stuffing my face with food and work

GoldenWheels

Even when I have time and can play video games with the kids, it's always wii u stuff or MAME. Easy stuff. They're not ready for obey yet. So true "crack out on a game until your ass falls asleep" time is always wanting. One day near Christmas I'm locking my myself in the basement and telling them to go sledding or something.

Oh and payment sent--bernie is on top things!  :D

Gredler

PM sent with hopes of getting on the list for round two, round 1 all worked great and this batch has two of the games I've wanted since I was a little kid, Bonk 3 and Dungeon Explorer 2. So excited and hopeful to get on the list, thanks again Bernie.

Payment sent for the games, thanks for hooking me up onto the list, and for doing this for the community :)

Platinumfungi

Payment sent to Bernie for Round 2 :D THANK YOU guys for doing this. I honestly would never get to play most of these games if it weren't for you!
IMG

esadajr

Gaming since 1985

slinkyturd

Quote from: Platinumfungi on 11/30/2015, 02:21 PMPayment sent to Bernie for Round 2 :D THANK YOU guys for doing this. I honestly would never get to play most of these games if it weren't for you!
Big Ditto!
70/95 US Turbochips

Scillianaire

Payment sent! I cant wait to see what the next batch brings us! Kaze Kiri, fausette amour, and sylphia I hope!

johnnykonami

You guys keep bringing them in and I'll keep buying them for sure.  Nice to just have a copy to play without worrying about rarity/price.  I plan to play through them all, it will just take some time I think!  DE2 is getting bumped to the top though.

EvilEvoIX

Such an amazing community effort.  I wonder if it'll Crash the Collectard pricing on the real games?
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

Bernie

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 11/30/2015, 05:36 PMSuch an amazing community effort.  I wonder if it'll Crash the Collectard pricing on the real games? 
Not likely, as there will always be folks that want the real thing.  I have no issue with that however, as I am the same way for some things.  But if I have to choose between a bootie Beyond Shadowgate, or an original now.....I will take the bootie any day.

CatPix

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 11/30/2015, 05:36 PMSuch an amazing community effort.  I wonder if it'll Crash the Collectard pricing on the real games?
Unlikely.
We're talking about what? 30, 40 copies given? I'm not sure that even 300 copies given for free would be enoguh for the market. First because it's a bit larger than that, and second, as mentionned, people prefer the real stuff.

780racer

I see I should be getting the games Thursday so says USPS. Thanks again Bernie!

Quote from: CatPix on 11/30/2015, 06:18 PM
Unlikely.
We're talking about what? 30, 40 copies given? I'm not sure that even 300 copies given for free would be enoguh for the market. First because it's a bit larger than that, and second, as mentionned, people prefer the real stuff.
Perfect example.

The Bootleg of sapphire. It still goes for stupid prices, and they gave away TONS of free discs to members.

poponon

geise

Quote from: Bernie on 11/30/2015, 05:42 PMBut if I have to choose between a bootie Beyond Shadowgate, or an original now.....I will take the bootie any day.
Word.  Save the money and feed the kids.

slinkyturd

I think there is absolutely no chance of these freebies lowing the market, even if we had access to 1000 of them. All for the simple reason that we, this community on this forum, don't drive the market. Now if bernie threw them up on ebay for these prices and just gave us a link...that might do something.
70/95 US Turbochips

Dicer

Quote from: Bernie on 11/29/2015, 12:59 PM
Didn't get an update, but I'm sure thing will show up in due time....

Thanks again and again