10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Turbob Xpress: Bringing affordable "gamer's" games to the community! Nearly Gone

Started by BlueBMW, 10/29/2015, 10:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gentlegamer

Quote from: guest on 12/03/2015, 11:26 PMI never have the privilege of having tracking #s, what gives?

It should be in your Shipped email from Paypal.
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

johnnykonami

I didn't get an e-mail from paypal either (I might have turned off a setting somewhere, dunno) but if you just log into your paypal account you can find the shipping link there in your transaction history.

Psycho Punch

Quote from: Gentlegamer on 12/03/2015, 11:38 PM
Quote from: Psycho Punch on 12/03/2015, 11:26 PMI never have the privilege of having tracking #s, what gives?

It should be in your Shipped email from Paypal.
I think it's related to me not giving my home address through the paypal purchase, I didn't knew he was generating shipping labels with paypal or something. The thing is, Paypal doesn't support country changing for some reason, and I happen to be from Brazil; but I am in the US right now and probably will be the next year too. No way I'm waiting years to play my boots! :P

sorry for forcing you to give me special snowflake treatment bernie. :lol:
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

Gentlegamer

IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

Bernie

Got plenty of the second batch left peeps.  :) 

Sent from my iPhone using your mama

Bardoly

Quote from: Bernie on 12/04/2015, 10:31 AMGot plenty of the second batch left peeps.  :)  Also, I have two sets of the 1st batch left.  First come first served with those.

PM sent.

MotherGunner

Would anyone happen to have high-res scans of the original rear inlays for Dynastic Hero, Bonk 3, and Godzilla?

I asked because I have the original manuals and wanted to just case these like that.  =)
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

gheebee

Got my discs in the mail today and just wanted to say thanks again to all involved! Gonna go play some Dynastic Hero right now!

ginoscope

Quote from: MotherGunner on 12/04/2015, 12:22 PMWould anyone happen to have high-res scans of the original rear inlays for Dynastic Hero, Bonk 3, and Godzilla?

I asked because I have the original manuals and wanted to just case these like that.  =)
Check post #598 from IvanBeavkov he made some rear inserts for those games.

Psycho Punch

This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

johnnykonami

Just tried out all of my games tonight, everything looks great!  I have beaten Dynastic Hero in Japanese before, but I forgot how much of the screen that HUD takes up.  Man, it's like half!  Still looking forward to the english translation.. Noticed some nice fonts and some hi-res mode on the file selection screen, looks good!  Godzilla was another one I never played before and it also looks really nice.  I only barely scratched by the first fight so I might have to practice at that one some but it totally went under my radar bitd so it's cool to try it out now.

Platinumfungi

A big Thank You to Bernie, BlueBMW, and everyone else who is involved in making this happen  =D> I got my 'Batch 1' discs today  :mrgreen: I can't wait to finally get a chance to play these games!
IMG

Gentlegamer

Good ole USPS shows my discs out for the delivery for the past 12 hours.
IMG

zebular

Quote from: Platinumfungi on 12/04/2015, 10:31 PMA big Thank You to Bernie, BlueBMW, and everyone else who is involved in making this happen  =D> I got my 'Batch 1' discs today  :mrgreen: I can't wait to finally get a chance to play these games!
Forgot I already made an account on here, think I didn't really stay active because of needing to disclose my blood type and first grade crush just to post messages.

cr8zykuban0

spenoza

Quote from: zebular on 12/05/2015, 12:00 AM
Quote from: Platinumfungi on 12/04/2015, 10:31 PMA big Thank You to Bernie, BlueBMW, and everyone else who is involved in making this happen  =D> I got my 'Batch 1' discs today  :mrgreen: I can't wait to finally get a chance to play these games!
Forgot I already made an account on here, think I didn't really stay active because of needing to disclose my blood type and first grade crush just to post messages.
Don't forget the promise of your firstborn child. They're useful in the Turbo mines and we wouldn't want to miss out on that free labor.

martinine

Keith Courage is #1. Alpha Zone inhabitant for life. Thanks to this forum for rejuvenating and continuing my interest in all things Obey.

Platinumfungi

Quote from: zebular on 12/05/2015, 12:00 AM
Zebular - I'm confused why you quoted me there. I'm afraid I don't understand :)
IMG

pdiggitydogg

I want to say THANK YOU.
I received my games a little while ago but have not had the chance to really get to them until today.  Super nice looking discs and I appreciate what this has done for the community.

MotherGunner

Quote from: ginoscope on 12/04/2015, 05:08 PM
Quote from: MotherGunner on 12/04/2015, 12:22 PMWould anyone happen to have high-res scans of the original rear inlays for Dynastic Hero, Bonk 3, and Godzilla?

Check post #598 from IvanBeavkov he made some rear inserts for those games.
Saw these, pretty cool, but wanted scans of the originals.
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

xasap_retro_gamerx

Just ordered bonk 3 and Dracula X thanks Bernie I usually don't like reproductions but for the price unlike the ones on FB that are charging $25-50 each I can so $5 each :) I even donated some extra !

cr8zykuban0

Mathius

Quote from: xasap_retro_gamerx on 12/05/2015, 01:16 PMJust ordered bonk 3 and Dracula X thanks Bernie I usually don't like reproductions but for the price unlike the ones on FB that are charging $25-50 each I can so $5 each :) I even donated some extra !
There's some being resold on Facebook?

EmperorIng

Mathius

Quote from: EmperorIng on 12/05/2015, 10:04 PMI think he's talking about general reproduction sellers.
Sure hope so but I don't know of anyone making disc repros except for Tobias and one other individual. I may be out of the loop though.

EmperorIng

I don't know about PCE especially, but I've seen places that offer to print something on a higher-quality disc, if you send them a disc image. Also people selling blank CDs with labels already printed on the disc.

Actually for the latter, I'd love to have a Xak III-printed disc so I can burn the translation and pretend I have the real thing.  And then buy a braap-made case to cement the delusion. 8)

Bernie

Quote from: xasap_retro_gamerx on 12/05/2015, 01:16 PMJust ordered bonk 3 and Dracula X thanks Bernie I usually don't like reproductions but for the price unlike the ones on FB that are charging $25-50 each I can so $5 each :) I even donated some extra !
The reason you are paying that on FB is because the seller is in Canada and is including printed inserts, manuals, and a CD case.  Just shipping that shit costs him quite a bit.  These are cheaper, because we bought them in bulk, and I am shipping from the US.  :)

grendelrt

Scillianaire

:;-((( usps tracking said it would be here yesterday! Heart broken!

waynedoodle

I recived the disks Friday.  Can't play them yet on 2.0 TG16 Cd but working an alternate course of action resolution for 3.0 card.  These disks were too hard to pass up!  Actions of those involved to bring this community great, affordable, games restores my faith in humanity!

WD

cr8zykuban0

780racer

Stingray

Bernie

Quote from: 780racer on 12/07/2015, 09:23 AMYs 4 translated would be a cool one. #Suggestions
Anything is possible...

kiketonto

Quote from: Bernie on 12/07/2015, 09:38 AM
Quote from: 780racer on 12/07/2015, 09:23 AMYs 4 translated would be a cool one. #Suggestions
Anything is possible...

Any translated game will be great!

tbone3969

My shipment should be coming today as per USPS tracking.  Just wish I had more time for gaming.  So many good games going un-played.
"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Scillianaire

Came this morning! Mah heart!

If batch 3 gets #suggestions i say fausette amour kaze kiri renny blaster sylphia set.

BigusSchmuck

Just want to say thanks to Bernie and everyone involved for doing all of this.

sirhcman

I got the second round of games in today, thanks Bernie n Co!

Dicer

HailingTheThings

IMG

sirhcman

Gredler

Round 2 received, thanks so much guys - it's very appreciated!

tbone3969

"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

martinine

Mine are also in today! Everything works perfectly! So much fun playing through a few minutes each. Suddenly an hour had gone by and it felt like 5 minutes! I especially love the screeches Godzilla makes at any key press. Nice work Hudson.

Anyway, thanks again to Bernie, BlueBMW, and friends. It would have certainly been nearly impossible for me to ascertain all the rare to "holy grail eBay monsters" otherwise.

Best community on the web.
Keith Courage is #1. Alpha Zone inhabitant for life. Thanks to this forum for rejuvenating and continuing my interest in all things Obey.

nopepper

Received mine today, but will not be able to give them a spin until the weekend.

Thanks to Bernie and every one involved. Good karma your way!

Mathius

HailingTheThings

IMG