OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TR0N

Quote from: munchiaz on 01/23/2017, 10:27 AM
Quote from: TR0N on 01/23/2017, 01:18 AMIMG
I'm currently playing these games
I'd say wild guns remaster seems more difficult compare to the snes original.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

NecroPhile

Yesterday I snagged a copy of Gal*Gun: Double Peace (of ass):mrgreen:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: guest on 01/25/2017, 09:43 AMYesterday I snagged a copy of Gal*Gun: Double Peace (of ass):mrgreen:
Is it any good?
--DragonmasterDan

NecroPhile

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 01/25/2017, 10:23 AMIs it any good?
I'll let you know after I get a 'real' Vita and can actually play it.  ](*,)

Bloufo

A few things,

Nice carry case for the NES Classic,

IMG

IMG

Neo X stick.

"Why?", I hear you say. :p
I can always use it on the PS3.

$10, from a local guy.

IMG

oXbox lot for $30,

IMG

I'm going to offload all of those, except for this guy,

IMG

"Just an NES?", you might say.

IMG

Well, yeah, but we don't often run into this variant over in this neck of the woods,

IMG

IMG

That's not true RGB, by the way.  :P
Composite-like visuals. But that's ok. The system will still get its fair share of use.

The box is beat up, but the console itself is in good shape.

IMG

Asian PAL 32X.

IMG

IMG

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Bloufo on 01/25/2017, 11:28 AMoXbox lot for $30,

IMG
Nice lot,
I'm not sure how uncommon the European version is, but Outlook Coast to Coast is one of the most sought after US OG Xbox games.
--DragonmasterDan

Gypsy

Quote from: guest on 01/25/2017, 11:08 AM
Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 01/25/2017, 10:23 AMIs it any good?
I'll let you know after I get a 'real' Vita and can actually play it](*,)
Foiled again. I heard the game was bad, but I've not played it myself. Maybe if it gets really cheap.

And yeah that Xbox lot is nice. Many good games there.

sirhcman

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 01/25/2017, 11:31 AMNice lot,
I'm not sure how uncommon the European version is, but Outlook Coast to Coast is one of the most sought after US OG Xbox games.
He got the NTSC version

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: Bloufo on 01/25/2017, 11:28 AMA few things,

Nice carry case for the NES Classic,

IMG

IMG

Neo X stick.

"Why?", I hear you say. :p
I can always use it on the PS3.

$10, from a local guy.

IMG

oXbox lot for $30,

IMG

I'm going to offload all of those, except for this guy,

IMG

"Just an NES?", you might say.

IMG

Well, yeah, but we don't often run into this variant over in this neck of the woods,

IMG

IMG

That's not true RGB, by the way.  :P
Composite-like visuals. But that's ok. The system will still get its fair share of use.

The box is beat up, but the console itself is in good shape.

IMG

Asian PAL 32X.

IMG

IMG
Killer Haul.  Half Life is amazing and I am still waiting for the latest version.  Doom is also quite good and I feel an over achievement for the Original Xbox.  Excellent Haul
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

munchiaz

Got these records recently. Can't listen to them til later this week, as the record player is packed for my move
IMG

TheClash603

Mondo has some really nice releases.  Their Gremlins release from last Christmas is one of the best presentations I have ever seen.

NecroPhile

Cool records, munchy.  It's cool to see vinyl getting a resurgence and more peeps buying physical tunes instead of always streaming or stealing.

Bloufo

Quote from: guest on 01/25/2017, 12:25 PM
Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 01/25/2017, 11:31 AMNice lot,
He got the NTSC version
That's right.

Also got this with a bunch of other cables and power adapters,

Listed as "non-functional",

IMG

IMG

I opened it up, tested the fuse for continuity. Nada, squat.
(This particular fuse is 125V 5A, fast blow fuse)

So I desoldered it and replaced it with a new one. Fortunately, that's all it appears to have been.
My Duo has been powered by it for a few hours now. No issues as far as I can see.

xcrement5x

That Shovel Knight Vinyl looks so sweet man!  I had debated grabbing on of those myself but just couldn't pull the trigger.  The artwork alone looks amazing, you could frame that!

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 01/26/2017, 04:38 PMThat Shovel Knight Vinyl looks so sweet man!  I had debated grabbing on of those myself but just couldn't pull the trigger.  The artwork alone looks amazing, you could frame that!
Same for me. Of course now it's all 3rd party seller territory now. I wasn't even aware of the gremlins one. Sow ant it.

Gypsy

Got dick punched today. A nice package arrived, but the Japanese PS2 inside is only reading CD games, not DVD games. The sadness ohhhhh the sadness.

Already resolved the issue though and I'm getting a fat PS2 (can't believe I betrayed myself and bought a slim) Japanese system from a seller on Ebay.

TheClash603

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 01/26/2017, 04:51 PM
Quote from: guest on 01/26/2017, 04:38 PMThat Shovel Knight Vinyl looks so sweet man!  I had debated grabbing on of those myself but just couldn't pull the trigger.  The artwork alone looks amazing, you could frame that!
Same for me. Of course now it's all 3rd party seller territory now. I wasn't even aware of the gremlins one. Sow ant it.
If you like horror movie soundtracks and want to go a little deeper than the Carpenter and Goblin stuff everyone already has, this is a fantastic soundtrack.

https://mondotees.com/products/cannibal-holocaust-lp

chany60126

Found this wireless joystick for the Turbografx yesterday at an estate sale. It's not that great of a controller, but for $2, I am not complaining.
IMG

esteban

Damn, Chany!

You can't go wrong for $2.

I am so curious about how that works (infrared). I've never really use an infrared controller as a "main", go-to controller (I move pads around too much)....but a stationary stick actually makes much more sense.

/)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: munchiaz on 01/25/2017, 06:24 PMGot these records recently. Can't listen to them til later this week, as the record player is packed for my move
IMG
I am absolutely in love with Shovel Knight!!!  The music is the absolute best, when I bought my PS4 copy it came with a free ITUNES download and it's on my phone now.  What a great game!

Some common and cheap Pickups this past week.

IMG

I already have a couple of Game Cubes but never had 1st Party Controllers, they are so much better than my shitty 3rd party units I bought from 5 Below.  I paid $20 for this total which I feel is good.

IMG

Goodwill finds, 50 Cents each.  I am glad to have Red Faction as it was in a recent Game Sack review and looked very good, I am lucky to have found it so cheap and local.

IMG

Found this guy today for $1 at a flea market sitting in a pile of junk.  Easy score.

IMG
More goodwill, never know when you'll need 4 player action on the original XBOX
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

NoSexGex

For a good time, reach out to this wily KKKFarm-crankcaller at (780) 717-9274 or Ryleystuartreynolds@gmail.com up in Alberta, Canada!
His last crank-voicemail: "Gimme a call back when you can. This is Ryley by the way... *giggles*"
He then followed it up with 8 WEEKS of ~DAILY calling! BAN ON SIGHT!!!

Bloufo

Just a loose disc and a cart,

IMG

The seller wouldn't sell one or the other separately, so I picked up both PBC's.

IMG

A few Wii U games,

IMG

And a CD32.

IMG

Advertised as having "issues reading certain discs". Tested it with a few games as well as with some unofficial CD32 ports. It plays everything fine.

What I did find on occasion though was that sometimes it would give me a kind of error message like "cannot execute file, not enough memory". Pressing the reset button though seemed to do the trick, and the game would load and play fine afterwards.

EvilEvoIX

IMGIMGIMG

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 01/29/2017, 09:08 PMIMG

I already have a couple of Game Cubes but never had 1st Party Controllers, they are so much better than my shitty 3rd party units I bought from 5 Below.  I paid $20 for this total which I feel is good.
You may want to get replacement sticks as the tops of all of those analog sticks appear to be missing.

Quote from: Bloufo on 01/30/2017, 12:44 AMAnd a CD32.

IMG

Advertised as having "issues reading certain discs". Tested it with a few games as well as with some unofficial CD32 ports. It plays everything fine.

What I did find on occasion though was that sometimes it would give me a kind of error message like "cannot execute file, not enough memory". Pressing the reset button though seemed to do the trick, and the game would load and play fine afterwards.
Some of those Amiga ports to CD32 bug up due to the fact that someone hacked them to run off CD. It's likely not your system but just the port.
--DragonmasterDan

Bloufo

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 01/30/2017, 06:43 AMSome of those Amiga ports to CD32 bug up due to the fact that someone hacked them to run off CD. It's likely not your system but just the port.
I got the error message even while attempting to play my original discs of Banshee, and Dragonstone.

Gypsy

Yeah those Cube controllers look like they have seen way better days. Yuck.

Here is a picture of the PS2 and games. System as mentioned is being returned since it only reads CD games. Games all tested out completely fine on my PC though, so I'm keeping them and waiting for another system from Japan. Getting a fat this time, since I've had better luck with those plus I have all US fats if I needed to end up replacing the lens or something like that.

IMG

EvilEvoIX

I'll take apart the Gamecube controllers and clean them up but after a quick use they are worlds better than the Chinese Junk I got at the discount store.
IMGIMGIMG

Gypsy

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 01/30/2017, 08:55 AMI'll take apart the Gamecube controllers and clean them up but after a quick use they are worlds better than the Chinese Junk I got at the discount store.
Yeah OEM GCN controllers are the way to go 100%.

bob

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 01/30/2017, 08:55 AMI'll take apart the Gamecube controllers and clean them up but after a quick use they are worlds better than the Chinese Junk I got at the discount store.
taking them apart isnt going to fix the sticks.

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: gynt on 01/30/2017, 12:13 PM
Well I see that but I always clean used sticks to get all the gunk and grease out of them.  I've already tested then and they are fine.
IMGIMGIMG

crazydean

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 01/30/2017, 12:59 PM
Quote from: gynt on 01/30/2017, 12:13 PM
Well I see that but I always clean used sticks to get all the gunk and grease out of them.  I've already tested then and they are fine.
I have replaced the GC sticks before with cheap aftermarket ones and they work great. I would recommend that if they are loose or notchy.

NoSexGex

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 01/30/2017, 05:12 AMKiller find!!!!   How much were they???
They had it priced at $120 CAN. But they have a legendary credit system, so i just traded in some junk for a straight trade lol
For a good time, reach out to this wily KKKFarm-crankcaller at (780) 717-9274 or Ryleystuartreynolds@gmail.com up in Alberta, Canada!
His last crank-voicemail: "Gimme a call back when you can. This is Ryley by the way... *giggles*"
He then followed it up with 8 WEEKS of ~DAILY calling! BAN ON SIGHT!!!

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: guest on 01/30/2017, 01:23 PM
Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 01/30/2017, 05:12 AMKiller find!!!!   How much were they???
They had it priced at $120 CAN. But they have a legendary credit system, so i just traded in some junk for a straight trade lol
WOW, like 57 copies of Sewer Shark?
IMGIMGIMG

Bloufo

As others have done, I'm going to fit a Pi into the little guy on the right.

IMG

Gypsy

Update on CRT monitor: seller at least wasn't ignoring just me. They ignored Ebay too, so I got a full refund. Whew.

Gypsy

Showing my recently acquired systems some love.

IMG

jtucci31

Damn nice on getting Xenoblade for 3DS granted you didn't pay like $60 for it. I remember seeing dozens of them at multiple stores right after I picked up my $100 N3DS from Toys R Us, but wanting Animal Crossing first because it was cheaper. Now it's damn hard to find.

Gypsy

It was in trade and value at $30. I don't think that's too far off of Ebay though, last I knew. The Sun/Moon pack was valued at retail which was nice. I'm gonna play those for a bit then probably let a friend that is a big Pokenut have that set. Maybe just the outerbox and figures collectard crap lol.

Really loving Sexy Parodius it is hilarious.

gheebee

Got Steamworld Collection in the mail today. Wasn't sure if I'd like this one when I ordered it but wound up playing Heist for ~6 hours today, so it was a good buy. The only thing I don't like is the limited inventory, before long it's like the game is punishing you every time you beat a level by forcing you to sell things (sell things for currency you can't use because your inventory is full and practically no one is selling inventory containers...); as much as I like the game I really hate this aspect of it.

Bloufo

I picked up a Saturn 3D controller. This was actually a freebie. The seller couldn't find the detachable cord for it, so he just threw the controller in with some other stuff I had bought from him.

IMG

IMG

Just a poster and some strategy guides,

IMG

IMG

This was a trade for some oXbox games I had gotten a couple weeks ago.

The guy even included the receipt for when he had bought the system from Brazil, back in '08.

IMG

IMG

IMG

This thing operates on the PAL-M analog TV system. No cart slot. 130 built-in games.

It works fine but I couldn't get any of my TV's to show it in color. The visuals were all in Black & White.

So I thought to try hooking it up to an old PC CRT VGA Monitor, using a composite to VGA connection.

We now have color. Thumbs up.

IMG

BTW, The Cyber Shinobi is an awful game.  :lol:

If anyone was wondering as to the systems internal components,

Not much there. The pic below is not mine but it's the exact same system.

IMG

And, scored a mint in box PSOne LCD Combo. This was from an estate sale.

Price tag for it was R800 ZAR. That works out to a little under $60.

IMG

Gypsy

Well, got this other Japanese PS2 and....it won't read CD games. LOL. I'm off of importing a system now. I'll just rip my Japanese games and patch them to play on a US system. :)

Good news though I had a video processor arrive today that seems to be in full working order. I just need to get it a proper power supply (already ordered should arrive Saturday) and update the firmware.

Psycho Punch

I wouldn't accept that master system for free. That's probably the only video device left in brazil that still uses PAL-M lol.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

Gypsy

Update: got the PS2 fully functional. :)

SuperDeadite

Wired up a minidin to a spare Famicom 3D System Adapter I had in the closet.  Not totally finished so it looks a bit ghetto, but it works.  This is for use on the X68000.  Playing Castlevania in 3D is mind-blowing with it's multiple layers of parallax.  Totally worth it if you have a real system.

IMG
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

xcrement5x

So does the 3D for the Peke also run off the composite line or whatever then?

SuperDeadite

Quote from: guest on 02/06/2017, 03:38 PMSo does the 3D for the Peke also run off the composite line or whatever then?
No the system has 3d support built into it.  It has a dedicated 3d sync output, hence the effect is perfect.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

esadajr

Quote from: guest on 02/03/2017, 05:35 PMI wouldn't accept that master system for free. That's probably the only video device left in brazil that still uses PAL-M lol.
I'd take if I got paid.
Gaming since 1985

esadajr

I've been quite busy putting together a PC very similar to the one I had in college.

IMG

1MB Video ram
Opti 931 sound
3 gb HDD

Hours of coding in C language, playing Flight Sim 98 and Genecyst.
Gaming since 1985

Bloufo

Quote from: esadajr on 02/07/2017, 08:30 AM
Quote from: guest on 02/03/2017, 05:35 PMI wouldn't accept that master system for free. That's probably the only video device left in brazil that still uses PAL-M lol.
I'd take if I got paid.
lol

Nah, it's ok for what it is. I've enjoyed it a bit thus far.

If I do come across another Tectoy system, I'd pick it up if it were one of these:

IMG

IMG

NecroPhile

The mailman brought me copies of Aqua Kitty DX (Vita) and Dragon Slayer (Turbob).