@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gredler

My fiance got me Wild Guns PS4 for valentines day, and then instantly got me Last Guardian for PS4 for my birthday. Such a spoiled guy! I didn't even ask her for them, she said she saw me almost buying both of them but holding off due to the upcoming wedding expenses. Wild Guns is a blast, and she's better at it than me! I haven't opened Last Guardian yet, but next week I hope to explore it a bit - I never played Ico but really marveled at Shadow of the Colossus.

Gypsy

Had multiple goodies arrive today. Curses n Chaos from LRG, an SD card for my Wii U (NAUGHTY NAUGHTY) and Akira Psycho Ball + XII Stag both PS2 Japanese imports.

ChuChu Flamingo

Got the plushies from Richy and a sealed copy of Ai Cho Aniki from feebay.

IMG

SuperDeadite

Quote from: guest on 02/21/2017, 10:43 PMThat's cool, I wish I had an early HMD like that one.
It's more then just an HMD.  This actually has Head Tracking, though game support is unsurprisingly quite limited.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Bloufo

Sparky

A little bedside shooting anyone? It's an alarm clock with some built in shooting games :)
Good fun but I snore louder then the alarm that goes off in the mornings. :)

IMG

IMG

Flare65

That alarm clock screams 1983 in appearance.  Looks like something you would see in the movie West World.

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: ChuChu Flamingo on 02/22/2017, 03:56 PMGot the plushies from Richy and a sealed copy of Ai Cho Aniki from feebay.

IMG
Looks like EvilEvoIX to me.

Bloufo

Got these two,

IMG

IMG

I believe the seller is also a member here.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Bloufo on 02/25/2017, 09:26 AMGot these two,

IMG

IMG

So. Wait. It's?  What?

Is it a way of modding for component in a PCE?

Gypsy

Should have a bunch of crappy dvds and blus in the mail today.  :dance:

Quote from: Flare65 on 02/24/2017, 08:59 AMThat alarm clock screams 1983 in appearance.  Looks like something you would see in the movie West World.
Yeah it's pretty funny.

LostFlunky

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 02/25/2017, 10:31 AM

IMG

IMG

So. Wait. It's?  What?

That looks like the RGB version - there is a component version as well - which I have just ordered to try out...

Bloufo

Quote from: Lost Monkey on 02/25/2017, 10:53 AM

IMG

IMG

So. Wait. It's?  What?

That looks like the RGB version - there is a component version as well - which I have just ordered to try out...
That's right. To be honest I didn't even know he had a component version. I saw this for $23 shipped, and thought why not.

EvilEvoIX

Some cool pickups this past weekend.

Got this guy from Digital Press.   Fairly rare, not the best game but I am glad I have it.  The Legend of Success Joe, based upon a Japanese Manga.

IMG

IMG

IMG

These were the games they got.  They held this game for me all week.  Some rare stuff they got almost went instantly.  Sengoku 2 is left for $499.99 if anyone wants it.

IMG

Always wanted one of these TV's and now I have one.  Brand new in the Box.  The 3D works great on Moto-Storm and my PS4 looks great on it too.  Get one if you can.  Gona try Grand Tourismo 3D on it next, fun feature.

IMG

IMG

I remember reading about these as a kid and I had to have it.  Runs off of 6 batteries or a 6V plug. Has stereo sound and a light and a magnifier glass as well as storage and "Arcade" sticks.  Very cool it's in excellent condition in the box.  Best $5 I have spent.  They were from Radio Shack and $29.99 Originally.

IMG

IMG

IMG
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

bob

found this model at a flea market today.
Also got a few wii and PS3 games for $1 each, but nothing special.

dotsandloops.com/games/model1.jpg
dotsandloops.com/games/model2.jpg

bartre

nabbed myself another xbox, this time with an xecuter mod chip in it, so I'll have to see what I can make it do.

still cleaning it up, and the disc drive sticks, so I'm rebuilding the drive.

Also, in my neverending quest to organize all of this ridiculous stuff, I've bought a chunk of system carrying cases, I've been pleasantly surprised with the quality so far.

and finally - more games! all from local shops:
IMG

xcrement5x

Heh, I was channeling you this weekend bartre, found some Xbox cheapies at the thrift myself on Friday. 

bartre

Quote from: guest on 02/26/2017, 10:52 PMHeh, I was channeling you this weekend bartre, found some Xbox cheapies at the thrift myself on Friday. 
you might want to get yourself checked

Gypsy

Quote from: bartre on 02/26/2017, 10:56 PM
Quote from: guest on 02/26/2017, 10:52 PMHeh, I was channeling you this weekend bartre, found some Xbox cheapies at the thrift myself on Friday. 
It's a disease, I have it too.

Oh and nice price on Voodoo Vince.

bartre

Quote from: Gypsy on 02/26/2017, 11:07 PM
Quote from: bartre on 02/26/2017, 10:56 PM
It's a disease, I have it too.

Oh and nice price on Voodoo Vince.
I had a feeling that was cheap for vince

but yeah, these days if there's a multiconsole game i want from that generation, i get the xbox version

Gypsy

Got in some goodies today
Fantastic Pinball Kyutenkai (SS)
Some dvd/blu movies (nothing great)
Dead Man's Hand (Xbox)
Oppo DV-980H DVD player

Medic_wheat

How is that painkiller for the PS3?  I thought it was physical import only. Interesting to see it had a NA release.

bartre

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 02/28/2017, 09:04 AMHow is that painkiller for the PS3?  I thought it was physical import only. Interesting to see it had a NA release.
I'm not exactly impartial, but I love it.
not as good as the PC version, but I saw it and had to have it.

apparently it was an amazon exclusive physical release, like JoJo or Under Defeat

Dicer

The belt came in for my turntable so I can be all hipstery...

16992073_10154772165491998_8552642296012774054_o.jpg

Gypsy

More fun today.

Bullet Soul Infinite Burst
Extron RGB interface with a vshift knob (my others did not)
A few tv show seasons on bluray.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: bartre on 02/28/2017, 11:47 AM
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 02/28/2017, 09:04 AMHow is that painkiller for the PS3?  I thought it was physical import only. Interesting to see it had a NA release.
I'm not exactly impartial, but I love it.
not as good as the PC version, but I saw it and had to have it.

apparently it was an amazon exclusive physical release, like JoJo or Under Defeat
I played the original Xbox painkiller and have fond memories. Well guess I'll have to sum it up on Zon next week.

Medic_wheat

Yikes. NA PS3 copy of painkiller on Amazon is going for $80. F that go for the U.K. $17 option.

And what's this Amazon?  There is a PS3 Sybiria complete physical for $30?  Hmm thought this was Xbox and PC only.

cr8zykuban0

gotta say February was a great month of pickups. These 3 items were definitely the highlights!

Grabbed 2 great aes titles for a great price!
IMG

Proud owner of a nice neo 25 candy cab!
IMG

Dicer

Quote from: cr8zykuban0 on 03/01/2017, 12:34 AMgotta say February was a great month of pickups. These 3 items were definitely the highlights!

IMG

IMG
Makes my belt seems kinda sad in comparison, lol

I do have some PCE games I got on the cheap on the way, no Cabinets tho :P

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: Dicer on 03/01/2017, 11:53 AM
Quote from: cr8zykuban0 on 03/01/2017, 12:34 AMgotta say February was a great month of pickups. These 3 items were definitely the highlights!

IMG

IMG
Makes my belt seems kinda sad in comparison, lol

I do have some PCE games I got on the cheap on the way, no Cabinets tho :P
Baller Status.  Two Higher End carts.  AOF3 has amazing animation, arguably the best on the system which really says something for a relatively low MEG count (under 300).  I only have the inferior CD version that as the cut frames of Animation and SLOW load times.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

cr8zykuban0

@dicer- nah dont say that man. I just got lucky that i got these for a good price conpared to what they normally for. Definitely need to jump back on the pc engine wagon!

@evilevolx thanks to income taxes i was able to afford the cab but i got it for 400 and each game under 300 each. Even though aof 3 plays a bit slower, it does make up for its great visuals and beautiful animations

Digi.k

buncha randoms these last few weeks

IMG

NecroPhile

Sweet bazzy swag!  I especially dig the hat, but what's next to the clock?  Just its box maybe?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Bloufo

Just an MGS Bleemcast disc.

IMG

I never fail to get a kick out of the MGS opening tune coming out of the Dreamcast. lol

Digi.k

Quote from: guest on 03/02/2017, 09:51 AMSweet bazzy swag!  I especially dig the hat, but what's next to the clock?  Just its box maybe?
Yea it is packaging for that clock but not just an ordinary clock it's a fridge magnet

NecroPhile

Heh, even better.  He's watching you, telling you to forget that left over pie.  Eat a 'nana, fatty!  :mrgreen:

Yesterday's mail brought me a copy of Bust a Move for PSP.

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: cr8zykuban0 on 03/01/2017, 02:28 PM@evilevolx thanks to income taxes i was able to afford the cab but i got it for 400 and each game under 300 each. Even though aof 3 plays a bit slower, it does make up for its great visuals and beautiful animations
WOW $300 for AOF 3 is a steal!!!  The Real bout Series is a favorite of mine as well.

I just got these from NYC the other day, wasn't even planning on it just ran into them.  They came with some cool acrylic cases that I used to put my more expensive games in (last Resort & Savage Reign.

Thrash Rally and Real Bout Fatal Fury Loose.

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG

Thrash Rally is a Link game that must be fun two players simultaneous.  I'd love to try that.
IMGIMGIMG

Gypsy

I paid like $2 for all the Art of Fighting games. *picks nose**

*Yes I'm aware playing it on PS2 isn't the same thing.

Got a nice game in the mail today. Double Shienryu. PS2 import.

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: Bloufo on 03/02/2017, 11:18 AMJust an MGS Bleemcast disc.

IMG

I never fail to get a kick out of the MGS opening tune coming out of the Dreamcast. lol
I always wanted to try this.  I remember reading an article that said that the grafx are improved. how much better are they?  Does the game run better?  The article I read showed Grand Tourismo and it did look better.
IMGIMGIMG

Bloufo

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 03/03/2017, 08:33 AM
Quote from: Bloufo on 03/02/2017, 11:18 AMJust an MGS Bleemcast disc.

I always wanted to try this.  I remember reading an article that said that the grafx are improved. how much better are they?  Does the game run better?  The article I read showed Grand Tourismo and it did look better.
As compared when playing MGS on the original PS? Graphically, no question this a very noticeable step up from that. Higher res, smooth textures. I'd probably even slightly prefer this over playing the original MGS on a PS2. Over VGA on that old PC CRT Monitor, it's clean and sharp.

Gameplay wise, the game runs fine. I'm not a huge fan of the DC's controller to start with though, so I borrowed a friends old PS to DC controller adapter (Total Control Plus). I'm used to playing this game with a PS controller, so this was right up my alley. Controls were tight and responsive.

I was looking forward to trying it with my wireless PS2 Logitech controllers as well. Pity though they don't seem to function with that particular adapter.

Gypsy

Got some shit today.

Box full of PC games, all boxed. Need to compare Icewind Dale II to my other copies but it's a very likely raffle option here. It's one of my favourite old PC rpgs, so I'd like to find a good home for it.

Also SFC cheapy goodness Magical Taruruto Kun (sp?) and Arrow Season 3 on blu (DONT HATE).

Gypsy

Woop woop. Got a nice package from Japan today that took over a month. Thunder Force VI (HOLY SHIT THIS GAME ROCKS), Mushihimesama (this is kind of a bad port but the 360 version is region locked) and Triggerheart Exelica Enhanced (third character wee).

Dicer

My PoP came in, makes me lust after a Karateka port...

16938484_10154782588536998_1276324411336981233_n.jpg

cr8zykuban0

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 03/02/2017, 01:25 PM
Quote from: cr8zykuban0 on 03/01/2017, 02:28 PM@evilevolx thanks to income taxes i was able to afford the cab but i got it for 400 and each game under 300 each. Even though aof 3 plays a bit slower, it does make up for its great visuals and beautiful animations
WOW $300 for AOF 3 is a steal!!!  The Real bout Series is a favorite of mine as well.

I just got these from NYC the other day, wasn't even planning on it just ran into them.  They came with some cool acrylic cases that I used to put my more expensive games in (last Resort & Savage Reign.

Thrash Rally and Real Bout Fatal Fury Loose.

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG

Thrash Rally is a Link game that must be fun two players simultaneous.  I'd love to try that.
oh shit i remember seeing this post on facebook! i've definitely seen you around the FB groups before! that was a great score with those 2 very awesome games! awesome pickup for sure!!

Bloufo

Quote from: Lost Monkey on 02/25/2017, 10:53 AM
Quote from: Bloufo on 02/25/2017, 09:26 AMGot this,

IMG
So. Wait. It's?  What?

The HD Retrovision folks were saying that this is "a poorly designed ripoff" of the product offered by db-electronics. And that this has the capacitors on backwards. "Video signal quality would be compromised and eventually those capacitors will fail."

I believe the seller of these is also a member here. I wonder what he has to say about this?

Anyhoo,

My latest pickup was one of those Atari XEGS systems.

Got it relatively cheaply. Quite discolored but it works fine.

IMG

esadajr

Need to get a table for my XEGS so I can type all those programs from the included book.
Gaming since 1985

Gypsy

Got a PC-FX from forum member Sam in the mail today. Works great. He was worried about wishing he had packed it better, but it was packed pretty damn well. A true hero practically giving these systems away. Much love.

Also got some other stuff as it was a deluge in the mail today. Muchi Muchi Pork/Pink Sweets, Eschatos as well a nice new camera (Canon EOS Rebel T3i w/ extras).

xcrement5x

Quote from: Gypsy on 03/07/2017, 02:24 PMGot a PC-FX from forum member Sam in the mail today. Works great. He was worried about wishing he had packed it better, but it was packed pretty damn well. A true hero practically giving these systems away. Much love.

Also got some other stuff as it was a deluge in the mail today. Muchi Muchi Pork/Pink Sweets, Eschatos as well a nice new camera (Canon EOS Rebel T3i w/ extras).

I've got a T3i and I really like it.  Newer cameras have some nice bells and whistles but mine is super solid and has never given me issues. 

Gypsy

Yeah this was a much needed update/upgrade for me and it will do everything I need it to.

NecroPhile

Rengoku: The Tower of Purgatory and Rengoku II: The Stairway to H.E.A.V.E.N. came in the mail.

The reviews for 'em are pretty meh, but they were only $7 each shipped and brand new, so 'twas worth a gamble on the bee.  Hudson.png