RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 05/26/2017, 11:11 PM
Quote from: nectarsis on 05/26/2017, 10:06 PM/zpsxywhvcmx.jpg
Heh, my wife and I love grabbing those Disney tins when we can find them cheap.  My 4 year old loves watching the Donald Duck cartoons from back in the day.
When ever I see them they happen to be impossibly expensive.

bob

whoops, wrong thread.

Dicer

Flare65

IMG
/SAM_1431_zpsrvn4ackk.jpg

Finally found a Switch in stock at Target so I took the plunge.  Been looking for Jaki Crush for a long time and found a decent price on it.  I think Devil's Crush is still the best in the series, but this one is still good.  Just got Darksiders in the mail today and have not tried it yet.

Dicer

Stuff including a sealed Skyward Sword for the almighty price of $1
/lost1

nectarsis

My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Gypsy

Busy day today, postal worker groaned.

Saturn Svideo cable (a proper one)
Ys I & II Chronicles Premium Edition (game and soundtrack sealed)
Red Alert PCE
Record of Lodoss War PCE game
Power Golf 2 PCE
SNES Controller
Black Ops 1-2 PS3
Four Swords Adventures GCN
Twilight Princess GCN
Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes
Bomberman Jetters (sealed)

Free extras from one of the packages: peach boy hucards, Ys IV, Emerald Dragon, Neo Metal Fantasy, a loose Mystaria Realms of Lore and a couple of Dream Theater concert blurays.

First thing I did was open the sealed games. BE FREE MY GAMES, BE FREEEE.

TheClash603

Quote from: Dicer on 05/27/2017, 02:23 PMMore records...
/lost1
/lost2
I am a sicker for these horror movie STs. Evil Dead 2 came out yesterday and I picked it up.

Dicer

Quote from: TheClash603 on 05/31/2017, 08:14 AMI am a sicker for these horror movie STs. Evil Dead 2 came out yesterday and I picked it up.
I've got some various ST stuff in my collection, bond movies some Les Baxter if it clicks when I flick thru the local record piles I snatch it up. Old LP's are usually like $2 each really can't balk at that.

Dicer

Got this today at an estate clean out, cord was cut, but I gave it some love and tada....

/10155059100321998_.jpg

johnnykonami

Quote from: Dicer on 06/05/2017, 12:46 PMGot this today at an estate clean out, cord was cut, but I gave it some love and tada....
/10155059100321998_.jpg
Nice!  On a side note, I remember buying Exolon for my C64 when I was a kid, and I was super disappointed.  I don't know if I'd be more accepting of it today,  I think it was around the same time I had bought the Arcade Game Creation Kit, so maybe that was also a tough act to follow.  I also know now that it was by a british company, Hewson, and so I feel like the graphics/design were maybe originally intended for spectrum and just converted over to the C64 rather than taking advantage of it's capabilities.

nectarsis

Gamestop clearance (new), and Askys store sale :)

/zpslnihqcin.jpg

Brewers bobbleheads from last weekend

/zpsdwtywl8d.jpg

Gypsy

Got a bunch of shitty Xbox games no one cares about and 6 seasons of TNG in the mail today. All one package, box was huge.

bartre

Quote from: Gypsy on 06/08/2017, 02:26 PMGot a bunch of shitty Xbox games no one cares about and 6 seasons of TNG in the mail today. All one package, box was huge.
xbox you say?!

Gypsy

Quote from: bartre on 06/08/2017, 03:57 PM
Quote from: Gypsy on 06/08/2017, 02:26 PMGot a bunch of shitty Xbox games no one cares about and 6 seasons of TNG in the mail today. All one package, box was huge.
xbox you say?!
Yes! 18 shitty games!

I will take this post as you are interested in knowing the list. I wasn't going to bother otherwise but here you go.

Yu-Gi-Oh: The Dawn of Destiny, XGRA: Extreme G Racing Association, Star Trek: Shattered Universe, State of Emergency, Star Wars Obi-Wan, Spawn Armageddon, Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams, Pure Pinball, Project Gotham Racing, Outlaw Golf 1/2, Nightcaster 1/2, Just Cause, Evil Dead: A Fistful of Boomstick, DIsney's Extreme Skate Adventure, American McGee Presents Scrapland, Battlestar Galactica.

It's actually a mix of good and bad. It was all dirt cheap/under eBay. The average was under $4 a game including shipping.

Gredler

Curious about the Star Trek and Battlestar games :)

Gypsy

Quote from: Gredler on 06/08/2017, 05:57 PMCurious about the Star Trek and Battlestar games :)
Indications are the Star Trek game is rubbish, but I'll give it a go eventually and get back to you.

schweaty

IMG

so... i'm a dreamcast guy now?  is that right?  that doesnt sound right  :-k

bartre

Quote from: Gypsy on 06/08/2017, 05:32 PMYu-Gi-Oh: The Dawn of Destiny, XGRA: Extreme G Racing Association, Star Trek: Shattered Universe, State of Emergency, Star Wars Obi-Wan, Spawn Armageddon, Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams, Pure Pinball, Project Gotham Racing, Outlaw Golf 1/2, Nightcaster 1/2, Just Cause, Evil Dead: A Fistful of Boomstick, DIsney's Extreme Skate Adventure, American McGee Presents Scrapland, Battlestar Galactica.
well here's a breakdown on my feelings about a few of those:
Yu-Gi-Oh - I used to have a guilty spot for the card game (played it to pass the time as a lifeguard) and the video games kinda scratch that itch i still occasionally get.
XGRA: I actually like this game, though i've never really been able to put into words why
State of Emergency - I remember a lot of kids getting excited about this since it was "Edgy." but it's truly truly awful
Star Wars: Obi Wan - it's mediocre, but can be upgraded to kinda fun if you're a star wars fan
Silent Hill 2 - Not shitty at all, and it's the best console version of the game to date
Project Gotham Racing - not my style of racing game, but I've heard it's very good at what it does
Nightcaster 1/2 - They're objectively OK, but I still have a soft spot for this era of platformer
Evil Dead: A Fistful of Boomstick - ehhhhhh, it's at least better than the RE knockoff on DC
DIsney's Extreme Skate Adventure - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, YES. PLAY IT. SUFFER AS I HAVE SUFFERED.
American McGee Presents Scrapland - the only game I'm talking about that I haven't played.  I think it looks interesting, I'd love to hear your opinion once you get to play it.

Quote from: schweaty on 06/08/2017, 07:48 PMso... i'm a dreamcast guy now?  is that right?  that doesnt sound right  :-k
well you did get like 4 of the best DC games in existence.
we still need a power stone 3

Gypsy

Well I am almost done with Ys IV so I'll at least give some of these a start-up over the weekend.

That stack needs Giga Wings, Ikaruga, Garou, Last Blade 2, Kof 98, Kof 02 and soooo many more. :p

schweaty

I'd like ikaruga, but it's pricey right now

roflmao

Quote from: schweaty on 06/08/2017, 07:48 PMIMG

so... i'm a dreamcast guy now?  is that right?  that doesnt sound right  :-k
Sweet score! If you ever want to play Phantasy Star Online ... online again, check this out: http://blog.kazade.co.uk/p/dreampi.html Then shoot me a PM and we can play together. :)

johnnykonami

Quote from: Gypsy on 06/08/2017, 05:32 PM
Quote from: bartre on 06/08/2017, 03:57 PM
xbox you say?!
Yes! 18 shitty games!

I will take this post as you are interested in knowing the list. I wasn't going to bother otherwise but here you go.

Yu-Gi-Oh: The Dawn of Destiny, XGRA: Extreme G Racing Association, Star Trek: Shattered Universe, State of Emergency, Star Wars Obi-Wan, Spawn Armageddon, Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams, Pure Pinball, Project Gotham Racing, Outlaw Golf 1/2, Nightcaster 1/2, Just Cause, Evil Dead: A Fistful of Boomstick, DIsney's Extreme Skate Adventure, American McGee Presents Scrapland, Battlestar Galactica.

It's actually a mix of good and bad. It was all dirt cheap/under eBay. The average was under $4 a game including shipping.
My company did the QA for Outlaw Golf back in the day (I can't remember if we did 2) and I worked on it for a few days.  I am not sure if I got credit on that one but I did for Outlaw Volleyball.  They're all sorta amusing to me, but it's probably nostalgia speaking.  I'd give it a crack though, it's definitely alright.

Gypsy

Honestly it takes a fair bit to eff up a golf game. I'll definitely be putting some time into those two again.

xcrement5x

Quote from: bartre
Quote from: schweaty on 06/08/2017, 07:48 PMso... i'm a dreamcast guy now?  is that right?  that doesnt sound right  :-k
Yeah, I have to agree that is an awesome starter lot right there.  Lots of good stuff to keep you busy man.  I sunk so many hours into Gauntlet myself.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

schweaty

Quote from: xcrement5x on 06/09/2017, 02:21 PM
Quote from: bartre
Yeah, I have to agree that is an awesome starter lot right there.  Lots of good stuff to keep you busy man.  I sunk so many hours into Gauntlet myself.
Gauntlet is surprisingly fun.  Very arcade-y.  Other than the rpgs most of the games are like that which I like a lot.

Gypsy

Crazy Taxi is excellent. Keep an eye out for a cheap copy of 2, it's also fun.

As for Ikaruga if you haven't played it, definitely burn it off.

MisterCrash

Is that a copy of DDR Club Mix I spy at the bottom of that Dreamcast pile? I played a ton of DDR on my Dreamcast back in 2000, like 4 hours a day. Mostly 2nd Mix, but with some Club Mix layered in.

There were a lot of great games I remember on the Dreamcast. Bangai-o, Record of Lodoss War, Skies of Arcadia, Crazy Taxi, Space Channel 5, Samba De Amigo 2000, Gunbird 2, Ikaruga. I think the Dreamcast had the best balance of quality games across genres.

schweaty

Quote from: MisterCrash on 06/09/2017, 10:00 PMIs that a copy of DDR Club Mix I spy at the bottom of that Dreamcast pile? I played a ton of DDR on my Dreamcast back in 2000, like 4 hours a day. Mostly 2nd Mix, but with some Club Mix layered in.

There were a lot of great games I remember on the Dreamcast. Bangai-o, Record of Lodoss War, Skies of Arcadia, Crazy Taxi, Space Channel 5, Samba De Amigo 2000, Gunbird 2, Ikaruga. I think the Dreamcast had the best balance of quality games across genres.
Sharp eye!  It is, in fact, DDR club mix.  Well played, sir.

Digi.k

well the pc engine version of detana twinbee including the sticker sheet isn't new but the other stuff  surrounding it is recent.  Feeling nostalgic for twinbee!

IMG

nectarsis

Huge thanks to Mathius, and Jodi for an EPIC mail call  :dance: :dance: :dance:

/zpsu8zmxuid.jpg

Traded one of my Iron Man SGA bobbles for a Yount Anniv. dirtbike bobble I really wanted

/zpsjk4jvn2i.jpg

Mathius

Glad they arrived safely. Enjoy buddy!

wildfruit

Quote from: Digi.k on 06/10/2017, 09:48 AMwell the pc engine version of detana twinbee including the sticker sheet isn't new but the other stuff  surrounding it is recent.  Feeling nostalgic for twinbee!

IMG
That's a whole heap of cute. Love twinbee.

Mathius

^^Twinbee is the only Konami Huey that I'm missing the case/manual for. I'm personally more of a Parodius fan but Twinbee on PCE and SFC are really charming.

mitsuman

After finding a N64 with Ocarina of Time at a goodwill for $25, I bought my brother's N64 lot with 42 games. Looked through them all last night. Will probably sell/trade a lot of the games. But I now have two copies of Goldeneye and Ocarina of Time.

Bloufo

Gypsy

What's the controller in the first pic?

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Gypsy on 06/13/2017, 01:43 PMWhat's the controller in the first pic?
Looks like a third party wireless PS2 pad
--DragonmasterDan

Bloufo

^^
Wireless pad with receiver. Works great on the PS2.

NoSexGex

For a good time, reach out to this wily KKKFarm-crankcaller at (780) 717-9274 or Ryleystuartreynolds@gmail.com up in Alberta, Canada!
His last crank-voicemail: "Gimme a call back when you can. This is Ryley by the way... *giggles*"
He then followed it up with 8 WEEKS of ~DAILY calling! BAN ON SIGHT!!!

DragonmasterDan

--DragonmasterDan

mitsuman

EvilEvoIX

I had a few pickups these last few months and figured I'd update my finds.

Famicom Classic.  Essentially the same exact thing as the NES classic but readily available so anyone looking for a NES Classic should get this.  Slightly different games but everything is playable, Mega Man is Rock Man, Zelda still in English.  It has two hard wired MINI controllers and they are TINY.  Some games like Metroid & Zelda actually go through the Famicom Disc System and have loading screen and the extra audio sounds.  I also bought the Disc System Stand that is essentially a drawer.
IMG
IMG
IMG

Samurai Shodown IV.  Amazing game for the CD and incredible Grafx/Animation.  So many different fighting styles to keep the replay value for years.
IMG
IMG

Metal Slug 2.  Absolutely better than X after a recent play though.  I am thinking of having it modded to reduce the slowdown.

IMG
IMG
IMG

Waku Waku 7, what a weird game!!!  Crazy fighting mechanics and style.  Beautiful game and is now a staple in my cab.

IMG
IMG

Garage Sale Pickups of PS1/PS2 stuff.  $1 each.  I think I did good.

IMG
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 06/14/2017, 10:48 AMSamurai Shodown IV.  Amazing game for the CD and incredible Grafx/Animation.  So many different fighting styles to keep the replay value for years.
Is the years in your last statement to there emphasize how long it takes to load before you can actually control your character?
--DragonmasterDan

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 06/14/2017, 10:53 AM
Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 06/14/2017, 10:48 AMSamurai Shodown IV.  Amazing game for the CD and incredible Grafx/Animation.  So many different fighting styles to keep the replay value for years.
Is the years in your last statement to there emphasize how long it takes to load before you can actually control your character?
I hear your point but even the top loader loads ok.  I use the cdz which is on par with the PS1 in terms of load times.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 06/14/2017, 11:07 AMI hear your point but even the top loader loads ok.  I use the cdz which is on par with the PS1 in terms of load times.
You and I have different definitions of "ok" https://youtu.be/M4NKvno7B7U
--DragonmasterDan

EvilEvoIX

Well Last Blade is one of the worst loading games there is besides KOF 99 but as I had mentioned the CDZ fixes a lot of loading issues.  I let Classic Game Room borrow my CDZ for a review to show the loading times.
IMGIMGIMG

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 06/14/2017, 11:17 AMWell Last Blade is one of the worst loading games there is besides KOF 99
if you think that's bad wait til you see Last Blade 2!
--DragonmasterDan

EvilEvoIX

Those games are cart only on my MVS.
IMGIMGIMG

Gypsy

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 06/14/2017, 11:34 AM
Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 06/14/2017, 11:17 AMWell Last Blade is one of the worst loading games there is besides KOF 99
if you think that's bad wait til you see Last Blade 2!
No kidding lol. I had some experience with a NGCD awhile back and yeah, I can live with Saturn/DC versions tyvm.