The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 07/09/2014, 04:08 PMIMG
All sorts of random crap I'd ordered just landed on my doorstep today!

Final Fantasy Tactics A2 case insert and manual for the DS

Capcom Classics Collection Dual Pack for the PSP. This is a really friggin' uncommon game. In fact, most of the Capcom Dual pack releases for the PSP are hard to locate. I got a good price on this one at auction.

Sega PODs Game. I'm a sucker for Sega crap, and these went super cheap (I actually paid more for shipping than the item itself) so I had no regrets. This time in the 90s when Sega was trying to branch out from just video games to other kids stuff is a fun an weird era to dig through. The packaging on this is similar to all the Pico games as well.
Nice...

wait

The Duo pack games are hard to come buy?  I know when Gamestop was tryin' like made to off load these (new) I bought a bunch up to beef up my PSP collection as they typically went cheaper then the stand along games not packed together.....

Well by a bunch I mean like 2-3 of these duo packs...I think I got the Megaman one, the one with the little black tribal characters, and the one with the blobish looking character........

HailingTheThings

IMG

Joe Redifer

xcrement5x

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 07/09/2014, 04:15 PM
Quote from: guest on 07/09/2014, 04:08 PMIMG
2014-07-09 Pickups; Random Crap Edition by xcrement5x, on Flickr

All sorts of random crap I'd ordered just landed on my doorstep today!

Final Fantasy Tactics A2 case insert and manual for the DS

Capcom Classics Collection Dual Pack for the PSP. This is a really friggin' uncommon game. In fact, most of the Capcom Dual pack releases for the PSP are hard to locate. I got a good price on this one at auction.

Sega PODs Game. I'm a sucker for Sega crap, and these went super cheap (I actually paid more for shipping than the item itself) so I had no regrets. This time in the 90s when Sega was trying to branch out from just video games to other kids stuff is a fun an weird era to dig through. The packaging on this is similar to all the Pico games as well.
Nice...

wait

THe duo pack games are hard to come buy?  I know when Gamestop was tryign like made to off load these (new) I bought a buch up to beef up my PSP collection as they typcally went cheaper then the stand alonge games not packed together.....

Well by a bunch I mean like 2-3 of these duo packs...I think I got the Megaman one, the one with the little black tribal charaters, and the one with the blobish looking character........
The Capcom ones are the harder ones to find, I think because they were GameStop exclusives.  Specifically:
Mega Man (Powered Up and Maverick Hunter)
Monster Hunter (Freedom Unite and Freedom 2)
Capcom Classics (Remixed and Reloaded)

The others seem less common, but I think those 3 were GameStop only releases.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

NecroPhile

Do you have Turbob Legacy poster too, null?  It'd go great with Landis.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

bob

Quote from: guest on 07/10/2014, 12:19 PMNope, need to get it! I only picked up Landis to use as trade bait for the Yo' Bro poster. That thing is teh R@REZ
I'll trade you beyond shadowgate poster for it.

bob

don't think too hard, because I'm only kidding.

ToyMachine78

Havent posted one of these in a while but bought a bunch of stuff within the last 3 months:

NES:
Gunsmoke
Super Dodgeball
River City Ransom
Battletoads
TMNT
TMNT Arcade
TMNT MP
Shadow Gate
Friday the 13th
Rescue Rangers
Golgo 13
Maniac Mansion

PCE/TG16:
Aero Blasters
Ys III
Sherlock Holmes
Dungeon Master
Mysterious Song
Lord of Rising Sun
Blood Gear

SNES:
Super Ghouls and Ghosts
Batman Returns
Batman Forever

Genesis:
Aladdin
Rocket Knight Adv
Quakshot
Toe Jam and Earl
James Pond 2
Shadow Dancer
Golden Axe 2
Castle of Illusion
World of Illusion

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 07/10/2014, 03:12 PMHavent posted one of these in a while but bought a bunch of stuff within the last 3 months:

NES:
Gunsmoke (Good light gun game)
Super Dodgeball (on my list, but I plan to get the verson that came with another game included)
River City Ransom (still want to get this but am trying to find a copy below $20
Battletoads (Still have my original copy from when I was a kid...but it freezes on the 3rd stage..not sure what is wrong might have to get a replacment to bad it seems to be commanding $80 now a days
TMNT (the first one was...well I think you can only like it if you grew up with it)
TMNT Arcade (Great port I sitll need the 3rd game after this)
TMNT MP (never seemed to interseting to me or the SNES port)
Shadow Gate (Game I  never completed as a kid...will need to rebuy)
Friday the 13th (Might get if I can find for $5)
Rescue Rangers (Great game, doubt I'll ever splerg on the sequal)
Golgo 13 (Another fun game)
Maniac Mansion (I always hear the PC is port is better due to censor)

SNES:
Super Ghouls and Ghosts (fun, but I could never pass it even once)
Batman Returns (fun beat em up still need to pick up)
Batman Forever (Never tried but on my radar)

Genesis:
Aladdin (Better then the SNES)
Rocket Knight Adv (Fun and better then the sequal although both are fun)
Quakshot (Excellent game and still easy to find at good prices)
Toe Jam and Earl (Never tried, I hear it is fun but it never appealed to me even as a kid)
James Pond 2 (Never tried nor heard much of)
Shadow Dancer (I can never seem to find it..lol ever since I read about it here on these forums)
Golden Axe 2 (Good but gettign harder to find these)
Castle of Illusion (The sereis is fun, but will need to find a copy)
World of Illusion (dido)
I added in my own little editing

bob

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 07/10/2014, 03:27 PMHavent posted one of these in a while but bought a bunch of stuff within the last 3 months:

NES:
Super Dodgeball (on my list, but I plan to get the verson that came with another game included)
:-k

Medic_wheat

Quote from: galam on 07/10/2014, 03:33 PM
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 07/10/2014, 03:27 PMHavent posted one of these in a while but bought a bunch of stuff within the last 3 months:

NES:
:-k
IMG

my mistake I was thinking of this other game from the same company....

as for gun smoke wasn't that the light gun game where you shoot cowboys and stuff?

oh wait...once again I was thinking of diffrent game

IMG

ToyMachine78

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 07/10/2014, 03:27 PM
Quote from: guest on 07/10/2014, 03:12 PMHavent posted one of these in a while but bought a bunch of stuff within the last 3 months:

NES:
River City Ransom (still want to get this but am trying to find a copy below $20
Battletoads (Still have my original copy from when I was a kid...but it freezes on the 3rd stage..not sure what is wrong might have to get a replacment to bad it seems to be commanding $80 now a days
TMNT (the first one was...well I think you can only like it if you grew up with it)
TMNT Arcade (Great port I sitll need the 3rd game after this)
TMNT MP (never seemed to interseting to me or the SNES port)
Shadow Gate (Game I  never completed as a kid...will need to rebuy)
Friday the 13th (Might get if I can find for $5)
Rescue Rangers (Great game, doubt I'll ever splerg on the sequal)
Golgo 13 (Another fun game)
Maniac Mansion (I always hear the PC is port is better due to censor)

SNES:
Super Ghouls and Ghosts (fun, but I could never pass it even once)
Batman Returns (fun beat em up still need to pick up)
Batman Forever (Never tried but on my radar)

Genesis:
Aladdin (Better then the SNES)
Rocket Knight Adv (Fun and better then the sequal although both are fun)
Quakshot (Excellent game and still easy to find at good prices)
Toe Jam and Earl (Never tried, I hear it is fun but it never appealed to me even as a kid)
James Pond 2 (Never tried nor heard much of)
Shadow Dancer (I can never seem to find it..lol ever since I read about it here on these forums)
Golden Axe 2 (Good but gettign harder to find these)
Castle of Illusion (The sereis is fun, but will need to find a copy)
World of Illusion (dido)
I added in my own little editing
Gun.Smoke isn't a light gun game. Its a western vertical shooter.

$80 for Battletoads!!!? On what planet? Did you mean $20

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 07/10/2014, 03:39 PM

Every "local" retro game shop in the central Texas area quotes $80 for Battle Toads (loose) because it is "rare" ......ughhhh....

Granted I could be a douch and buy one that "works" and take my own copy that stoped working for a refund....

ToyMachine78

Oh yeah.... Take batman forever off the radar! It's like a side scrolling action version of batman mortal kombat ... Except with shittier controls lol

ToyMachine78

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 07/10/2014, 03:42 PM
Quote from: guest on 07/10/2014, 03:39 PM

Every "local" retro game shop in the central Texas area quotes $80 for Battle Toads (loose) because it is "rare" ......ughhhh....

Granted I could be a douch and buy one that "works" and take my own copy that stoped working for a refund....
I got my copy off eBay for $20 with free shipping.

bob

I saw it at a flea market for $15 loose (mint label/contacts).  I passed.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: galam on 07/10/2014, 03:52 PMI saw it at a flea market for $15 loose (mint label/contacts).  I passed.
I need to find a good fea market ........grrrr

ToyMachine78

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 07/10/2014, 03:54 PM
Quote from: galam on 07/10/2014, 03:52 PMI saw it at a flea market for $15 loose (mint label/contacts).  I passed.
I need to find a good fea market ........grrrr
I hear you! The flea markets here suck!

bob

my flea market generally does suck.  they were asking more for crystalis ($20).  This was just this past sunday.  I thought $15 was too much for battletoads.  I don't care what it's going for on ebay.

InfraMan

Quote from: guest on 07/10/2014, 03:42 PMOh yeah.... Take batman forever off the radar! It's like a side scrolling action version of batman mortal kombat ... Except with shittier controls lol
Seriously, that game is just astoundingly awful. I have no idea how it ever made it past play-testing.

ToyMachine78

Quote from: galam on 07/10/2014, 04:29 PMmy flea market generally does suck.  they were asking more for crystalis ($20).  This was just this past sunday.  I thought $15 was too much for battletoads.  I don't care what it's going for on ebay.
I dunno I think 20 is a reasonable price for BT. Its a good beat'em up with great cartoony humor.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: guest on 07/10/2014, 04:55 PM
Quote from: galam on 07/10/2014, 04:29 PMmy flea market generally does suck.  they were asking more for crystalis ($20).  This was just this past sunday.  I thought $15 was too much for battletoads.  I don't care what it's going for on ebay.
I dunno I think 20 is a reasonable price for BT. Its a good beat'em up with great cartoony humor.
Maybe for the GEN ver.
IMG

ToyMachine78

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 07/11/2014, 03:44 AM
Maybe for the GEN ver.
From what I've seen there's not much difference between the two. Of course the Genny version has a few more colors and textures. Plus I grew up on the NES version :)

Medic_wheat

Maybe for the GEN ver.
$20 for the sega mega drive with box id say.

I am on the hunt for a golden axe warrior myself. Might have to settle for a pal verson but not sure if it will play on a use system

jeffhlewis

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 07/11/2014, 12:17 PM
Maybe for the GEN ver.

I am on the hunt for a golden axe warrior myself. Might have to settle for a pal verson but not sure if it will play on a use system
NTSC and PAL SMS games are 100% compatible (the late stage 90's SMS games were actually just rebadged PAL copies)

Medic_wheat

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 07/11/2014, 12:53 PM
Ohh cool good to know
Maybe for the GEN ver.

NTSC and PAL SMS games are 100% compatible (the late stage 90's SMS games were actually just rebadged PAL copies)

VenomMacbeth

Maybe for the GEN ver.

Not 100%.  There are some games that either run glitchy or don't run at all in NTSC, although I'm fairly certain Golden Axe Warrior does neither & should work fine.  If you want to play New Zealand Story, though, you can go straight to hell.
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

ToyMachine78

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 07/11/2014, 06:03 PM
Maybe for the GEN ver.

Not 100%.  There are some games that either run glitchy or don't run at all in NTSC, although I'm fairly certain Golden Axe Warrior does neither & should work fine.  If you want to play New Zealand Story, though, you can go straight to hell.
That wasn't my quote. I think medic screwed up his post.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 07/11/2014, 06:05 PM
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 07/11/2014, 06:03 PM
Maybe for the GEN ver.

That wasn't my quote. I think medic screwed up his post.
Yeah I keep quoting with in quotes. Its like inception

Opethian

IMG

Medic_wheat

Are those. Books?  Dvd?  One kind of looks evangelon with the eyes.

Psycho Punch

Compile
Golvellius
MSX2
MSX2+
T&E Soft
Thexder The Second Contact
Game Arts
Diskette Symbol

I guess it is japanese Lord of the Rings director's cut in betamax?
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

roflmao

Quote from: guest on 07/11/2014, 10:34 PMI guess it is japanese Lord of the Rings director's cut in betamax?
Lord of the Rings!  Aha!  For some reason I thought it read Lord of the Flies.

jeffhlewis

Quote from: Opethian on 07/11/2014, 10:14 PMIMG
Undeadline, Fire Hawk, Golvellius...damn son, that's a haul!

Any goodies come in the Golvellius box? I've always wanted to play that version.

bartre

PCBS!

/output_zps8lfjj6ry.jpg

...aaaaaaaand parts to build a new supergun because the OG model died :(

Joe Redifer

Got a brand new Framemeister in yesterday! Can't help Game Sack since it refuses to run at a proper refresh rate even with Sync Mode turned off and therefore I cannot capture its footage. So I have zero use for it. And I have already sold it. Goodbye, useless Framemeister! The XPC-4 is much better but it still is very hard to get it to look right on 15khz sources (240p).

HailingTheThings

Loose copy of Ristar on GEN, sold mine years ago because it's on the Sega Collection for 360 I have. Wanted the actual cart back because RISTAR.

Also I picked up Marvel Land awlso awn teh GENNY, game and case.

Now who got manuals for Mister Hailing: the guy that apparently creeps everyone the fuck out?

mewmewmew...

*purrs*
IMG

cabbage

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 07/12/2014, 09:35 PMNow who got manuals for Mister Hailing: the guy that apparently creeps everyone the fuck out?

mewmewmew...

*purrs*
LSDCat.jpg
facebook.com/photo/?fbid=557619214279011

HailingTheThings

IMG

SuperDeadite

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 07/12/2014, 06:33 PMGot a brand new Framemeister in yesterday! Can't help Game Sack since it refuses to run at a proper refresh rate even with Sync Mode turned off and therefore I cannot capture its footage. So I have zero use for it. And I have already sold it. Goodbye, useless Framemeister! The XPC-4 is much better but it still is very hard to get it to look right on 15khz sources (240p).
Get your self one of the Micomsoft Capture cards and the XSync-1.  Not cheap, but real 240p RGB at 60fps capturing.  I know jack shit about video editing, and this was my first try.  No filters used here, just nearest neighbor upscaling.  Note the quality was hurt a lot as I blended every 2 frames in order to keep Sapphire's special effects...  The raw capture is truly stunning.  S-Video and Composite look great too.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

SuperDeadite

dingsbums

@ bartre

What PCB's are these  :?:
I know the one on the left is a S-TV & the one on the right is a Psikyo PCB but what is the one in the middle  :?:-s

Opethian

I dunno it came with a flyer, T&E catalog and what looks to be an apology letter (lol)
IMG

Joe Redifer

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 07/13/2014, 06:20 AM
Quote from: Joe Redifer on 07/12/2014, 06:33 PMGot a brand new Framemeister in yesterday! Can't help Game Sack since it refuses to run at a proper refresh rate even with Sync Mode turned off and therefore I cannot capture its footage. So I have zero use for it. And I have already sold it. Goodbye, useless Framemeister! The XPC-4 is much better but it still is very hard to get it to look right on 15khz sources (240p).
Get your self one of the Micomsoft Capture cards and the XSync-1.  Not cheap, but real 240p RGB at 60fps capturing.  I know jack shit about video editing, and this was my first try.  No filters used here, just nearest neighbor upscaling.  Note the quality was hurt a lot as I blended every 2 frames in order to keep Sapphire's special effects...  The raw capture is truly stunning.  S-Video and Composite look great too.
Nice. A little dark, though. Still I might be more interested in the X-Capture 1 (referenced in the video's comments). Does the card convert to a consumer format like MP4 or H.264 or something? That would likely be a deal breaker for me.

SuperDeadite

The card should work with most recording software.  I use AmaRec with the lagarith encoder.

From the people I've talked to, the external X-Capture still seems to give some people issues.  I think a lot of it is due to USB 3.0 chipset compatibility problems.

Medic_wheat

Really fun weekend while out of town in San Antonio TX....

I might be moving there my Aug as my wife has various job interviews as do I for transfer request.....the move might kill me as I dread moving my various treasures......lol.....sighhhhhhh...

back to the flea market finds

I was able to pick up the following issues:

53, 84, 92, 99, 102, 105, 153, 156, 159, 164, 185, 188, 189

/20140713_202510_zps9pqxpadq.jpg
/20140713_202422_zpsdxhe4s6j.jpg

Doubles:

43, 44, 47, 48

/20140713_202306_zpsk6di2djc.jpg

Medic_wheat

/20140713_202218_zpso38nna0d.jpg

Ok lots to talk about here...

The robotech finds where actually at a cd exchange......$3.99 a set and they even did three sets for $10....google tells me that I am only missing sets 5, 6 as I was unsure if there was more after set 7....

Google also says that there is a remastered edition.....still fun find...

The obey finds and famicom game was all from a reseller for only $20. I'll be honest apart from the two games I DO know what they are the one with a 3 saying bla bla legend bout baseball game and final match tennis I haven't a clue to....I didn't even want the tennis game as I wanted the loose games and Famicom game ($12 for the Famicom) for $15 but the seller refused to sell for less then $20 with the tennis game...felt it was a good deal not to pass up...

I also do not know what in the world the Famicom game is but looked like a fun action platformer so it is a gamble...

He did have ONE TG-16 game legendary Axe 2 but I already have it...left it for someone needing it...

The two SNES games were also at a Cd Exchange... They had a loose decent label copy of R-Type III but wanted $100...it's more or less what eBay wanted...I find it annoying that CD exchange uses a,alone for pricing at times but it is still fun to shop....anime is typically dirt cheap....

Medic_wheat

/20140713_202914_zpsv5jabj8d.jpg

Lastly.  I also saw a CIB general chaos but I couldn't find the seller or what they wanted.......I was tempted to walk off with it at the flea market but I don't need that karma....

Just to clarify that is two copies of Truxton one CIB missing manual and one loose...liked the finds as they were $8 and $14

The other one I remember hearing it was fun but mediocre.  So yeah....

jeffhlewis

Nice pickup on the Robotech DVDs...

The Half Price books close to me actually had two Robotech volumes on Laserdisc for relatively cheap...if anybody wants me to pick them up I'd be happy to.

xcrement5x

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 07/13/2014, 10:21 PM/20140713_202914_zpsv5jabj8d.jpg

Lastly.  I also saw a CIB general chaos but I couldn't find the seller or what they wanted.......I was tempted to walk off with it at the flea market but I don't need that karma....

Just to clarify that is two copies of Truxton one CIB missing manual and one loose...liked the finds as they were $8 and $14

The other one I remember hearing it was fun but mediocre.  So yeah....
Does this mean you have one copy that's just the Cart+Clamshell and one loose?  I'm a bit confused by your wording.  I've been looking for a CB Truxton if you're looking to get rid of one :)
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)