Mysterious Song is now released

Started by OldRover, 08/26/2012, 11:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkhan Asylum

Jewel cases have gotten cheaper in general.

Brand new CDs from the store sometimes have the same cases.   They are noticeably weaker.   It's basically a toss-up.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

SMF

Just ordered my copy, Its nice when you finally have money in paypal lol. Can't wait to play it. Thanks again.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

DesmondThe3rd

New copy of Mysterious Song: 40 bucks. Used copy of Magical Chase: $3206.99! Sadly I bid on that recent ebay MC auction too with no luck.

Joe Redifer

As I posted in the other thread about recent purchases, my copy came yesterday.  The front part of the case had the hinge broken off.  The back part of the case had a large crack.  The inside black plastic CD holder had several tabs broken off, but was still holding the disc firmly in place (unlike EU Dreamcast cases where the disc flops around the second any of the tabs come off).  The disc itself was fine.  I just swapped it out with one of the many spare CD cases I have on hand.  Obviously the damage happened during shipping.  But the disc was fine so I didn't get worked up about it.

Keranu

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 09/07/2012, 07:55 PMAs I posted in the other thread about recent purchases, my copy came yesterday.  The front part of the case had the hinge broken off.  The back part of the case had a large crack.  The inside black plastic CD holder had several tabs broken off, but was still holding the disc firmly in place (unlike EU Dreamcast cases where the disc flops around the second any of the tabs come off).  The disc itself was fine.  I just swapped it out with one of the many spare CD cases I have on hand.  Obviously the damage happened during shipping.  But the disc was fine so I didn't get worked up about it.
Yikes! Sorry to hear about the shipping, thankfully I'm all out of those loose poly bubble mailers. In any event you do want a new original case, I'll gladly send you one free of charge. The hinges seem to be particularly vulnerable, that's where I've noticed the most broken pieces of plastic from the bulk that was shipped to me. One case had a hinge that was jammed and wouldn't even open.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

ParanoiaDragon

Ok, from here on out, we will be encassing them in Jello!! :D
IMG

kiketonto

I just ordered my copy right now! I don't bother if I am one of that 100 selected ( I suppose not), but at least...I can play the game!
Congratulations for the release!

lord_cack

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 09/07/2012, 10:23 PMOk, from here on out, we will be encassing them in Jello!! :D
My vote is Carbonite....
A dark tide will rise and she will walk again. He is coming.....

Keranu

I've been encasing the game in bubble wrap and then shoving it inside a padded USPS envelope. Feels much better, it doesn't move around and has lots of protective cushioning -- the package looks like a pillow!
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG

Mathius

Quote from: Keranu on 09/08/2012, 11:44 AMI've been encasing the game in bubble wrap and then shoving it inside a padded USPS envelope. Feels much better, it doesn't move around and has lots of protective cushioning -- the package looks like a pillow!
Better sleep on it overnight just to make sure. :wink:

SuperPlay

My copy has arrived. Looking forward to playing this :-) Thanks

RegalSin

IMGIMG

Arjak

Any news on those bonus discs? I am SO ready to play this! :)
He who dings the Gunhed must PAAAAY!!! -Ninja Spirit

TheClash603

Quote from: Arjak on 09/10/2012, 01:07 AMAny news on those bonus discs? I am SO ready to play this! :)
Ditto!

ParanoiaDragon

IIRC, they're almost ready, though that's Nod's call, as I think he's the one handling them.
IMG

_Paul

After all this time, I'm VERY patient.

OldRover

If all goes according to my diabolical plan... err... as long as there are no mishaps, this should wrap up around Thursday and I should be able to have them shipped to Keranu on Friday.
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

TheClash603

Quote from: OldRover on 09/10/2012, 05:40 PMIf all goes according to my diabolical plan... err... as long as there are no mishaps, this should wrap up around Thursday and I should be able to have them shipped to Keranu on Friday.
I will be ejaculating soon enough!  Thanks for the update.

esteban

Quote from: TheClash603 on 09/10/2012, 07:49 PM
Quote from: OldRover on 09/10/2012, 05:40 PMIf all goes according to my diabolical plan... err... as long as there are no mishaps, this should wrap up around Thursday and I should be able to have them shipped to Keranu on Friday.
I will be ejaculating soon enough!  Thanks for the update.
Yes, thanks for the update. I'm looking forward to listening to the tunes, first and foremost :pcgs:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Arjak

So...did it all go according to plan? :wink:

OldRover

Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

Arjak

All right, could you guys please just send my copy of the game now, and send the bonus items when they're ready? I'm starting to get a little impatient. I'm sorry if that's a problem, I'm just really excited to play this.

OldRover

Yeah, just PM Keranu with your order name and/or email address used to order and he'll put you in the "ship now" list. :)

Mishran

Who'll be then next to give into temptation? :P

JapanTokei

I got my order superfast when I BINed it on Ebay 3 weeks ago.    Thanks Keranu for the fast shipping!  it was gem minty and I just brought it back to Singapore today :)

TurboXray

I have a whole week off, the first week of October. I'm gonna have to reserve it for playing this :D

esteban

Quote from: Mishran on 09/17/2012, 08:04 AMWho'll be then next to give into temptation? :P
Hahhaha. Someone posted earlier about the irony (namely, many folks who signed up earliest, like me, are choosing to wait for the bonus item, which means we will be the last to receive the item).

Personally, this is the sweetest aspect of the experience. DELAYING GRATIFICATION. :pcgs:

TheClash603

Quote from: esteban on 09/17/2012, 05:24 PM
Quote from: Mishran on 09/17/2012, 08:04 AMWho'll be then next to give into temptation? :P
Hahhaha. Someone posted earlier about the irony (namely, many folks who signed up earliest, like me, are choosing to wait for the bonus item, which means we will be the last to receive the item).

Personally, this is the sweetest aspect of the experience. DELAYING GRATIFICATION. :pcgs:
I gotta make sure my girlfriend doesn't sign up on this site...  I always tell her it is better if I don't wait.

esteban

Quote from: TheClash603 on 09/17/2012, 08:07 PM
Quote from: esteban on 09/17/2012, 05:24 PM

I gotta make sure my girlfriend doesn't sign up on this site...  I always tell her it is better if I don't wait.
:pcgs:

kiketonto

Quote from: kiketonto on 09/08/2012, 03:04 AMI just ordered my copy right now! I don't bother if I am one of that 100 selected ( I suppose not), but at least...I can play the game!
Congratulations for the release!
And...today mine's arrive! I got my copy!

OldRover

Just a quick update on the status of the bonus stuff: one of my drives died and I was unable to continue the process. I've ordered a replacement drive which will be here in a few days so I can finish it up. 44 discs remain to complete. I'm going to go ahead and mail the first 50 to Keranu so he can get them out to people... the rest will come as soon as the replacement drive arrives and I can finish the remaining discs.

Arkhan Asylum

Lol, fuck yeah LIGHTSCRIBBLE.

Those drives are so fuckin fioasdjifoijfgdhsfogijhaodigfhsftgoijd sdfgsdfgoasdgadgf

I had the power go out midburn on one, and it half did the disc.   I tried guessing about where to stick it to restart so it'd not waste the disc

Went poorly.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Arjak

I received my copy today and I'm really digging it. I have noticed something weird, though. The loading times are very erratic. Whenever I enter a battle, the load times vary between two seconds all the way up to nearly half a minute. I've never seen this before, not even in beta testing.

Even so, I'm really enjoying the game and I can't wait to see what else you guys have in store! Thank you so much for putting in all those years of effort! :D

allyourblood

I haven't received mine yet, but I'm taking that as a good sign. I remember being one of the last few to get in on the bonus so I'm guessing that's why mine hasn't arrived yet. Yay!

Thanks again to everyone who contributed to this project! I still won't be able to play the darn game until I get my Duo repaired, but it was a real treat to be able to support such a cool project from some really great folks.

(and for anyone who still remembers me, I apologize for not frequenting the forums much at all in the last year. I'm just now caught up on a bunch of stuff and hope to be able to participate much more in the near future.)
If anyone gets any leads on a "fair priced" copy of Coryoon, please lemme know!

Where is fancy bred?

Keranu

allyourblood: You are qualified for the bonus item (you're order #73). Unfortunately that means you have to wait until the second batch of bonus discs are ready :(
IMG

sirhcman

Quote from: Keranu on 09/20/2012, 12:17 AMallyourblood: You are qualified for the bonus item (you're order #73). Unfortunately that means you have to wait until the second batch of bonus discs are ready :(
Keranu can you check what # I am?

Thanks!
Chris

RegalSin

I am still waiting for my shipment, I pre-ordered it.
IMGIMG

Keranu

Quote from: guest on 09/21/2012, 02:38 PM
Quote from: Keranu on 09/20/2012, 12:17 AMallyourblood: You are qualified for the bonus item (you're order #73). Unfortunately that means you have to wait until the second batch of bonus discs are ready :(
Keranu can you check what # I am?

Thanks!
Chris

Quote from: RegalSin on 09/21/2012, 03:24 PMI am still waiting for my shipment, I pre-ordered it.
You're #93, so you can either wait for the second batch of bonus items to arrive or choose to have just the game shipped now. Let me know which you'd prefer!
IMG

sirhcman

allyourblood

Yes, thank you Keranu! I can't wait to play this! Heck, I can't wait just to open it and check it out.
If anyone gets any leads on a "fair priced" copy of Coryoon, please lemme know!

Where is fancy bred?

Keranu

You're all welcome :) . Thanks for ordering!
IMG

kiketonto

Mine received but not with bonus disc. May I have my copy layer?

Keranu

Quote from: kiketonto on 09/23/2012, 07:33 AM
Sorry, you weren't one of the first 100 orders eligible for the bonus item. :( (You were order #192) We do plan on producing more bonus items in the future, so you can try again then.
IMG

kiketonto

Quote from: Keranu on 09/23/2012, 02:00 PM
Quote from: kiketonto on 09/23/2012, 07:33 AM
Sorry, you weren't one of the first 100 orders eligible for the bonus item. :( (You were order #192) We do plan on producing more bonus items in the future, so you can try again then.
Ah! It's ok! I suppose there I was not one of that CHOSENS, but...I have to try!
Thanks anyway! And congratulations for the game. I'm playing right now with Ryanna on level 13. Now I have Fire, Ice & Thunder! Hahaha!

Keranu

Wait until you get X-Fire, Ice & Thunder!
IMG

RegalSin

QuoteYou're #93,
It's the DMV all over again. ](*,)

IMG
IMGIMG

mrhaboobi

nothing arrived so im pretty sure im in the bonus land :).. looking to move house in a few months ( end Nov ) so if you think i wont get something in the mail till then let me know and i can update my address ;)
Looking for (MINT ONLY)
US Manual : Magical Chase, Shockman 
US Box : Turrican,  Soldier Blade, New Adventure Island, Neutopia II
Other : Sapphire OBI, Turbo Play Aug/Sept 90, April/May 92, Turbo Edge Spring 90

PC Engine Special Cards : Bomberman User Battle

Alydnes Super Grafx

Keranu

Quote from: mrhaboobi on 09/24/2012, 05:37 AMnothing arrived so im pretty sure im in the bonus land :).. looking to move house in a few months ( end Nov ) so if you think i wont get something in the mail till then let me know and i can update my address ;)
You're order #42, qualified for the bonus item! Yours should be getting shipped soon, hopefully this week, but it will take a couple weeks to reach New Zealand.
IMG

Mishran

Wouldn't it be easier to just make a list of all the members and their order # so they can just look and not have to pester ya about it?

Everyone will also know where they stand on the bonus items situation. Just a thought. :wink:

Keranu

I don't have the actual usernames listed in the order log and I don't suppose customers would be too thrilled about having their full names or email addresses listed publically :D . Oh well, doesn't bother me so if anyone wants to know their order # just PM me or post here.
IMG