Gentlegamer, collectard hunter

Started by Psycho Punch, 10/25/2015, 01:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shawnji

Seeing threads like this make me afraid to step the slightest bit out of line, lest I inadvertently make a bitter, life-long enemy or something. 

I try to be very cordial and am non-confrontational by nature, but dang... Heck, I've probably already managed to tick somebody off somehow...

LostFlunky

Quote from: shawnji on 11/01/2015, 05:52 PMHeck, I've probably already managed to tick somebody off somehow...
You know it... grrr!

Gentlegamer

I wasn't out of line and I still got a thread.

Welcome to the internet.
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

shawnji

Quote from: Lost Monkey on 11/01/2015, 06:30 PMYou know it... grrr!
Whatever I did... I guess I deserve your unbridled wrath... and probably your bridled wrath, too. :P

Quote from: Gentlegamer on 11/01/2015, 06:37 PMI wasn't out of line and I still got a thread.

Welcome to the internet.
There are some places on the internet that are definitely more filled with vitriol than others, though. 

I like this place, and I'm fine with people not always getting along; that's natural.  It's just that for a place with so many 30+ aged members I kind of like to think everyone's a little bit more... mature, I guess?  Don't ask me why.  I guess I'm just crazy / naïve and hope that one day people will learn to act no different anonymously than they would in person.  Granted, I'm sure there are people who are just as mean-spirited in person...

Gentlegamer

Quote from: shawnji on 11/01/2015, 06:52 PMThere are some places on the internet that are definitely more filled with vitriol than others, though. 

I like this place, and I'm fine with people not always getting along; that's natural.  It's just that for a place with so many 30+ aged members I kind of like to think everyone's a little bit more... mature, I guess?  Don't ask me why.  I guess I'm just crazy / naïve and hope that one day people will learn to act no different anonymously than they would in person.  Granted, I'm sure there are people who are just as mean-spirited in person...
Tonight's Full House Heart-to-Heart Moment™: you can't control what other people do, only what you do, so don't worry about things like this
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

shawnji

Quote from: Gentlegamer on 11/01/2015, 07:05 PMTonight's Full House Heart-to-Heart Moment™: you can't control what other people do, only what you do, so don't worry about things like this
"I guess we all really learned an important lesson today!"  *group hug*

Nah, like I said, I'm probably either crazy or naïve; or both. :P  Still, that's something I kind of like about myself.  Being soft-hearted does have its virtues on occasion.

Sadler

Meh. I've said it before, but I'll say it again. If your posts are humorous and fun, great! If you want to link cool stuff, awesome! If you want to share your memories and experiences, hell yeah! If you are beyond awesome and are sharing games, creating new games, making translations and exploiting hardware in new ways, then holy fuck, I fucking love you guys.

But if you want to spend a significant portion of your time shitting on people for how they spend their money, well that's not so awesome.

CGQuarterly

Quote from: shawnji on 11/01/2015, 06:52 PMI guess I'm just crazy / naïve and hope that one day people will learn to act no different anonymously than they would in person.  Granted, I'm sure there are people who are just as mean-spirited in person...
This is really the key.  Over time, I have tried more and more to make sure that my online personality is in-line with my actual personality.  Unfortunately, the anonymity of the internet simply allows some peoples' true colors to shine through, so in fact what you're getting online is a more accurate version of how a person really is, while in person they may act differently simply to comply with societal norms (or to not get punched in the face.)

I really hate it when someone tries to tell me how "cool" someone is in person, as a response to my mentioning what an asshole they are online.  "Yeah, X may act like a douche-nozzle on the forums, but I've hung out with him at game expos and he's a good dude."  If he was a good dude, he would act like one online as well as in person.  If you get your jollies acting like a prick when you're hiding behind a keyboard, you might just be a bad person.

Sparky

Quote from: shawnji on 11/01/2015, 05:52 PMSeeing threads like this make me afraid to step the slightest bit out of line, lest I inadvertently make a bitter, life-long enemy or something. 

I try to be very cordial and am non-confrontational by nature, but dang... Heck, I've probably already managed to tick somebody off somehow...
Nah this is fighting street, if you post and get offended it is on you. Fight back bruh! It's healthy around these parts.

NightWolve

Quote from: shawnji on 11/01/2015, 05:52 PMSeeing threads like this make me afraid to step the slightest bit out of line, lest I inadvertently make a bitter, life-long enemy or something. 

Yep, you probably already have by being too Mr. Rogers-level nice guy! :) That ticks off some people very much as well.

Bernie

Just be yourself.  :) Hell, I melted a damn Turbo Duo one time, and they still love me... 

o.pwuaioc

At some point words are just words, and an insult here or there doesn't affect long-term views of people. It's only those who are repeatedly dicks all the time and hardly contribute anything else who really cause antipathy.

geise

If you just remember that everyone else's opinion is fact and yours is not you'll do well.

Psycho Punch

This week, @ PCEFX, a shitty throwaway thread gains enough replies to have 9 pages thanks to a tool-assisted flamewar.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

geise

Quote from: Psycho Punch on 11/02/2015, 02:50 PMThis week, @ PCEFX, a shitty throwaway thread gains enough replies to have 9 pages thanks to a tool-assisted flamewar.
I think you mean thanks to all the bored people at work.

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: geise on 11/02/2015, 02:54 PM
Quote from: Psycho Punch on 11/02/2015, 02:50 PMThis week, @ PCEFX, a shitty throwaway thread gains enough replies to have 9 pages thanks to a tool-assisted flamewar.
He means DK helped it along.

Gentlegamer

IMG
IMG

blueraven

Quote from: geise on 11/02/2015, 02:54 PM
QFT :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nulltard: "Record chat numbers here at DoxPhile! Must be drama going on in Fighting street."