@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Do we need a Turbob Call to Arms

Started by Arkhan Asylum, 12/26/2016, 11:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirhcman

to quote the famous youtuber rgt85 "can't we all just get along?"

Bloufo

Quote from: guest on 12/28/2016, 01:30 PMto quote the famous youtuber rgt85 "can't we all just get along?"
That guy is "famous"? I must have missed that. :P

sirhcman

Quote from: Bloufo on 12/28/2016, 01:39 PM
Quote from: guest on 12/28/2016, 01:30 PMto quote the famous youtuber rgt85 "can't we all just get along?"
DarkKobold told me he was..

Bloufo

Quote from: guest on 12/28/2016, 01:41 PM
Well then, that's all that matters.

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 12/28/2016, 11:57 AMSo, he gets these two parts of the community to flame each other, rather than a united front against him. Sounds like shit the Joker would pull.
Holy fuck this is happening!  O_O
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: guest on 12/28/2016, 01:41 PM
No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no.

I posted RGT ONCE to DoxPhile, mentioning that Gamester81 was promoting his videos.

Now Siracha won't leave me the $@#@%^# alone with this dude's ugly mug. He uses it like a rickroll on me. Drives me bananas. He's just... so ugly.
For a good time, email: kylethomson@gmail.com
Dildos provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

mickcris

He was one of the idiots that fell for the Coleco Chameleon scam and though it was going to be real.  made a bunch of videos shilling the thing saying how awesome it was going to be.  i am guessing it was cause gamester81 was doing the same thing and he was trying to kiss his ass.

NecroPhile

I wouldn't say he's some sort of evil genius.  There is no one community that encompasses all Turbob players.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

780racer

Quote from: NecroPhile on 12/28/2016, 03:09 PMI wouldn't say he's some sort of evil genius.  There is no one community that encompasses all Turbob players.
Sure thee re is, Its called pcefx. Then when people cant get into this community they run to FB, and call NecroPhile a meanie poopy face.

Sparky

There are a lot of tools on the Facebook groups but there are some decent folks as well, and there not hiding behind an avatar :P.
But seriously I do enjoy that the members on here still stand out and say it like it is in the groups and we all do the dog pile on a fool like we do here, we gots to keep them in check.

It's definitely a collectard world there with a sprinkle of gamers with a few cherries of forum peeps. It's a come and go for me, I am mostly in the turbo repro group selling my stickers as there are a couple chumps over there selling shitty repro shit for top dollar so it felt like the right thing to do.

This is still my hometown and my hugs and legs wraps are for you guys here, but
I am glad there are members from here over on facebook keeping those fuckers in Check 8)

Hugs

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 12/28/2016, 02:09 PM
Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 12/28/2016, 11:57 AMSo, he gets these two parts of the community to flame each other, rather than a united front against him. Sounds like shit the Joker would pull.
Holy fuck this is happening!  O_O
yeah.  the new kids on the block are all retarded and want free shit, so they love the guy, and don't get the problem.

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

ToyMachine78

Quote from: 780racer on 12/28/2016, 05:23 PM
Quote from: NecroPhile on 12/28/2016, 03:09 PMI wouldn't say he's some sort of evil genius.  There is no one community that encompasses all Turbob players.
Sure thee re is, Its called pcefx. Then when people cant get into this community they run to FB, and call NecroPhile a meanie poopy face.
People call NecroPhile a meanie poopy face here.

780racer

It can get annoying hearing some of the crap that is posted/slung on FB as I am one of the members who does battle the elements to keep a tab on some of those groups.

Glad ark is there to troll everyone. Also this post should have more collection pictures. Because FB and turbo means shelf candy pictures

Gypsy

Quote from: deubeul on 12/27/2016, 10:32 AMHad to google Shadowland to figure out what the hell he was talking about.
So did I and I never would have guessed it was Yokai Dochuki.

Quote from: NecroPhile on 12/27/2016, 10:11 AMMeh, fuck facebook.  There's no way to really fight those fucktards, as they'll block you and/or delete any comments that threaten their collectard way of life.  Even if you managed to convince someone to not be an uneducated drone buying shit for the sole purposes of masturbatory unboxing videos and collecting 'likes', there's three more goons just waiting to take their place in the parade of assholes.
Recently I came across a listing for a game for sale where the listing said bought for an unboxing video and never played. Like....what? It was the cheapest listing of the game but I just could not buy it on principle.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: 780racer on 12/29/2016, 05:53 AMIt can get annoying hearing some of the crap that is posted/slung on FB as I am one of the members who does battle the elements to keep a tab on some of those groups.

Glad ark is there to troll everyone. Also this post should have more collection pictures. Because FB and turbo means shelf candy pictures
It's pretty horrible.  The worst part is these people aren't like forum users.  They don't seem invested in conversation.

They seem to only want to show off and get attention, and then they fuck off at the sign of any discussion that doesn't amount to everyone 100% agreeing.

Facebook encourages the worst kind of gamer.

The fake kind.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Gypsy

Quote from: KingDrool on 12/27/2016, 11:56 AMFacebook, as you said, is a cesspool. It's a virus that will worm its way into your brain and convince you to argue with idiots and make you hate people you once thought you liked. To fight against it, you can only do one thing: deactivate your account. I did that several years ago and felt as though a weight had been lifted. I've never returned.

Stay here at the PCEngineFX forums, where all is right with the Turbob world. Idiots are either chased out hastily, or they stick around and either eventually assimilate or are disregarded as fools. But, most of all, the work you do, and the work other Turbo developers do, is appreciated and praised.

Glory, glory...hallelujah. Amen.

Obey.
This board does quality pi (poster intimidation) work. I dig it.

Quote from: NecroPhile on 12/27/2016, 06:41 PMI shouldn't say facebook is entirely useless.  It's good for some lulz.

Tool tags and hatters gonna hat!  :lol:
So many nuggets in those. Sooooo many.

BigusSchmuck

Honestly, I don't even pay attention to Facebook groups other than the one Bernie created. Then again, been so busy with work haven't been paying attention to much of anything as of late...

Gypsy

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 12/30/2016, 12:20 AM
Quote from: 780racer on 12/29/2016, 05:53 AMIt can get annoying hearing some of the crap that is posted/slung on FB as I am one of the members who does battle the elements to keep a tab on some of those groups.

It's pretty horrible.  The worst part is these people aren't like forum users.  They don't seem invested in conversation.

They seem to only want to show off and get attention, and then they fuck off at the sign of any discussion that doesn't amount to everyone 100% agreeing.

Facebook encourages the worst kind of gamer.

The fake kind.
Conversation is a lost art for many. The first thing I try to do on CL and the like is get people on the phone. I find the success rate is considerably higher when I am able to have an actual conversation with someone.

technozombie

A little poster intimiadtion is good. Such as coming down on someone to search the forum before asking a question. Even if your question doesn't get answered by the search you're more likely have a better, more informed question.

PukeSter

Quote from: technozombie on 12/30/2016, 09:01 PMA little poster intimiadtion is good. Such as coming down on someone to search the forum before asking a question. Even if your question doesn't get answered by the search you're more likely have a better, more informed question.
Never understood this at all.

This is not as active a forum as it could be. This forum has stagnated over the years from a lot of poster intimidation, whether "good or bad". When posters chatize people for not using a search bar, it prevents further discussion. Any 1st time posts that aren't about sales, even if about the same old topic, should not be looked down upon.

NightWolve

PukeSter the peacemaker ?? Exceptions: BigusSchmuck...

Heh, but I actually kinda agree with him. The small, petty stuff doesn't bother me. I don't think newbs should get hazed all the time for polite questions, etc. But, everybody draws their own lines on what rises to the level of needing antagonism/chastising/attack/roasting/etc.

technozombie

I wouldn't say I'm advocating hazing, just a casual hey go search a little bit and come back. There have actually been quite a few times where I wanted ask a question and then I thought I should search it before asking. Maybe, that's just me being afraid of looking like a dumbass lol.

esteban

Quote from: technozombie on 12/31/2016, 06:43 AMI wouldn't say I'm advocating hazing, just a casual hey go search a little bit and come back. There have actually been quite a few times where I wanted ask a question and then I thought I should search it before asking. Maybe, that's just me being afraid of looking like a dumbass lol.
I know. I don't want to haze new folks, but even if they simply said: "I tried searching for ______, but couldn't find anything useful..." as a disclaimer, it would go a long way.

:)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Bloufo

off-topic here, but @NightWolve, just curious, but are you perhaps of Greek origin?

Just something about the way I read your words sometimes. :)

ok folks, carry on...

esteban

Quote from: Bloufo on 12/31/2016, 07:39 AMoff-topic here, but @NightWolve, just curious, but are you perhaps of Greek origin?

ok folks, carry on...
Ha! He might be... or maybe you found kinship in the fact that he is currently  designing fonts (Cyrillic alphabet) for my SuperBlodiaExtreme homebrew...
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Gypsy

The people that really need (and definitely get) the hazing are people that come on here thinking it's a wonderful Turbo/PCE game emporium filled with cheap wares available in bulk to any and all that register.

NightWolve

Quote from: Bloufo on 12/31/2016, 07:39 AMoff-topic here, but @NightWolve, just curious, but are you perhaps of Greek origin?

Was it from my writing or given that you're remembering I've mentioned it before ?

Yeah, both my parents migrated from Greece to Chicago and I attended a private Greek elementary school for about 7 years till I got tired of it and just wanted to concentrate on US schooling. Having to take 4 bus rides 2 days out of a week will do that. My other schools were either walking or biking distance, including the university I attended.

I did actually do part time work at the university, serving as a Greek to English translator for the medical staff when they needed me for Greek patients, but most of my employment there was Computer Lab Manager/Consultant (as I learned coding and tech support).

So yeah, I'm a bit bilingual, Greek being my 2nd language. I know a few things en Espanol as well, but not much. I have renters from Mexico that don't speak much English, and it's kind of the 2nd de facto language of Chicago, so it's pretty helpful to learn some if you can. ;)

Bloufo

Quote from: NightWolve on 12/31/2016, 06:05 PM

Was it from my writing or given that you're remembering I've mentioned it before ?
I'm not going to lie and say that it totally might not be that, although now at this minute I don't quite recall having read where you have made mention of it.

It's kinda more like a few "nuances" I've picked up here and there. Where at times I've said to myself "do I recognize a bit of "call it like I see it" no filter, from the old country?" :p

Sometimes it's easier to spot certain "recognizable" traits.
If you had maybe somewhere mentioned that you light a cig before you enter the gym and one as soon as you get out. Then I would have had no doubts.  :P

I'm originally an "islander" myself. Born and raised in Vathi, Ithaki. Moved to SA in my middle teens.

blueraven

Thanks for posting these conversations. This is exactly why I have never interacted with the turbo communities on Facebook. Exactly stuff like this.

I appreciate you posting it for all of us to see, Arkhan. It confirms everything I have been hearing.

Potent observation. This whole post is pure gold.

Quote from: guest on 12/28/2016, 08:19 PMThis is still my hometown
I feel the same way. Caw me oldschool.