What is your favourite soft drink?

Started by Otaking, 11/10/2015, 12:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roflmao

Quote from: Otaking on 01/10/2016, 02:39 PMMy 8 year old daughter loves Canada Dry Ginger Ale, we only let her have one of the mini cans though.

IMG
Those are adorable. I'd get some if my local grocery store carried them just because they are so cute. :)

Otaking

The other day I let my kids have a Coke Float, it's the first time they'd ever had one.
I had one too, first time since I was a kid and thought it tasted really nice, the froth pops on your tongue like popping candy.

/298_398_frozen-nostalgia-with-a-kick.jpg

IMG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

Digi.k

Quote from: Otaking on 01/25/2016, 08:21 AMThe other day I let my kids have a Coke Float, it's the first time they'd ever had one.
I had one too, first time since I was a kid and thought it tasted really nice, the froth pops on your tongue like popping candy.

/298_398_frozen-nostalgia-with-a-kick.jpg

IMG
haven't had that in aaaages and also really nice with cream soda

and when I can get it...

IMG

and this... which kinda tastes like vimto

IMG

Otaking

Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

esteban

IMG

That pic was dated 04-04-09...so that is what the forum looked like 7 years ago. Ha!

Diet Coke still is the best soft drink: it doesn't attempt to taste like an orange or hot sauce or vanilla or ________. It doesn't attempt to simulate reality.

It is simply an odd, disturbing flavor that is accompanied with an occasional thought, such as... "I loathe the taste of regular Coke and Pepsi. Diet Pepsi, sadly, is far too sweet. Sickly sweet. Does that make me a soda snob?"
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

wildfruit

I'm drinking Diet Pepsi caffeine free right now.

Otaking

Recently I've been drinking an ice cold glass bottle of coke a day. I don't know why but it seems to taste much nicer in a glass bottle.

IMG

esteban

wildfruit

Quote from: Otaking on 04/20/2016, 04:43 PMRecently I've been drinking an ice cold glass bottle of coke a day. I don't know why but it seems to taste much nicer in a glass bottle.]
Try tea in a glass....sooooo good.

ToyMachine78

I stick by my PB&J and Buffalo Wing soda.... Mmmm mmmm good 😲

Psycho Punch

Quote from: guest on 04/20/2016, 06:52 PMI stick by my PB&J and Buffalo Wing soda.... Mmmm mmmm good 😲
[-(
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

seieienbu

Quote from: Otaking on 04/20/2016, 04:43 PMRecently I've been drinking an ice cold glass bottle of coke a day. I don't know why but it seems to taste much nicer in a glass bottle.

IMG
They taste better because aluminum doesn't get dissolved into the drink.  Also, possibly, because they're made with sugar rather than corn syrup depending on the specific type of bottled coke you're drinking.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

cr8zykuban0

im a big fan of dr.pepper. i also enjoy inka cola from peru, cola champagne from el salvador and ramune drinks as well.

wilykat

Baja Blast and Pitch Black Mountain Dew is back on store shelves again (USA) for the summer. Also there's voting on which one of this 2 will become permanent and not just limited time deal: http://www.mountaindew.com/dewcision2016/

Hoping that BJ edition stays, Taco Smell gets a little expensive just to get these green pop. (pepto bismol and preparation h doesn't come free)

Otaking

Had some Coke Zero earlier, that stuff is basically brown water.

IMG

hoobs88

Quote from: wilykat on 04/22/2016, 02:43 AMBaja Blast and Pitch Black Mountain Dew is back on store shelves again (USA) for the summer. Also there's voting on which one of this 2 will become permanent and not just limited time deal: http://www.mountaindew.com/dewcision2016/

Hoping that BJ edition stays, Taco Smell gets a little expensive just to get these green pop. (pepto bismol and preparation h doesn't come free)
I wish they brought back Pitch Black II (sour grape) instead of the original. Baja Blast is the clear choice here so it is no longer a Taco Bell exclusive.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

Otaking

After I'd seen Mountain Dew mentioned a lot in this thread I very nearly bought a bottle today, I had the Citrus Blast flavour in my hand, but then decided against it and went with a Coke bottle as usual.

Mountain Dew is not a well known brand here in the UK, I know it's a really big brand in the US, I remember it when I was there in the 90s.

IMG

munchiaz

i like mixing minute made lemonade with Sprite.

Digi.k

Got some new champions. 

Melon Soda is amazing but not cheap since it's imported..and that blood orange flavor of Sanpellagrino :P

Yup I finished them before taking the pics.. fantastic for hydrating yourself while pokemon GO'ing
IMG

wildfruit

Quote from: Otaking on 05/18/2016, 05:23 PMAfter I'd seen Mountain Dew mentioned a lot in this thread I very nearly bought a bottle today, I had the Citrus Blast flavour in my hand, but then decided against it and went with a Coke bottle as usual.

Mountain Dew is not a well known brand here in the UK, I know it's a really big brand in the US, I remember it when I was there in the 90s.

IMG
It used to be fairly popular in the 90s before it disappeared. We had a big Mountain Dew lorry one year at the Dagenham town show. This reimagining does not taste the same.
Quote from: Digi.k on 07/29/2016, 09:31 PMGot some new champions. 

Melon Soda is amazing but not cheap since it's imported..and that blood orange flavor of Sanpellagrino :P

Yup I finished them before taking the pics.. fantastic for hydrating yourself while pokemon GO'ing
IMG
That blood orange San pellegrino is the nuts.

77FordTruckMan

Psycho Punch

This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!

crazydean

I finally tried Surge again. I can't say that it was all that impressive. It definitely didn't taste as sweet as I expected.

Otaking

Out of curiosity is the term "soft drink" commonly used in the US, or is it mainly called Soda?

NecroPhile

Soft drink isn't used much.  Depending on where you are in the country, it's predominately soda, pop, or coke.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

TDIRunner

Quote from: guest on 08/03/2016, 12:32 PMSoft drink isn't used much.  Depending on where you are in the country, it's predominately soda, pop, or coke.
And sometimes sodie.

Or god forbid, sodie pop.  #-o
Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Otaking

I'm now addicted to my daily bottle of Coke, I only allow myself one 330ml glass bottle a day, but if I miss it I'm sweating like a crack head.

esteban

Quote from: Otaking on 10/28/2016, 03:05 PMI'm now addicted to my daily bottle of Coke, I only allow myself one 330ml glass bottle a day, but if I miss it I'm sweating like a crack head.
IMG

STATUS: Successfully recycled for nth time since 04.09.2009!

Remember when the forums looked like that?!

blueraven

Yes. I still drink, RC, when I can find it.

IMG

Have to go to grocery stores, usually.

Otaking

Quote from: esteban on 10/28/2016, 07:31 PM
Quote from: Otaking on 10/28/2016, 03:05 PMI'm now addicted to my daily bottle of Coke, I only allow myself one 330ml glass bottle a day, but if I miss it I'm sweating like a crack head.
IMG

Diet Coke or Coke Zero don't do it for me, I tried, I need my fix of 35g of real sugar in ever 330ml bottle.

esteban

Quote from: Otaking on 11/02/2016, 04:22 PM
Quote from: esteban on 10/28/2016, 07:31 PM
IMG

Diet Coke or Coke Zero don't do it for me, I tried, I need my fix of 35g of real sugar in ever 330ml bottle.
That's funny...I tried drinking real Coke at a party and it was gross. I wanted my chemical sweetness.

:)

Retro MJM

Currently, Vanilla Coke and Crystal Pepsi

Otaking

Had a bottle of Snapple today for the first time in around 15 years. Was quite nice.
Snapple really pushed themselves here in the UK in the 90s for a bit, but it's quite uncommon to see a bottle here these days.

IMG

jtucci31

Dicer

This was my jam while it was around...

IMG

TheClash603

My life will be a failure because I never enjoyed a RC 10 before it was taken off shelves.  They didn't sell it in my area and once I got to places where it was sold, it was already out of production.

Grape Mellow Yellow Zero has been my favorite pop lately, coming from one of those fancy coke machines.

Serega81

If you don't like how things are, change it!  You're not a tree!!!!

esteban

IMG

seieienbu

I've been drinking Virgil's Orange Cream soda lately.  It's like a Dreamcicle in soda form and they are delicious.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

esteban

Quote from: seieienbu on 03/29/2017, 02:31 AMI've been drinking Virgil's Orange Cream soda lately.  It's like a Dreamcicle in soda form and they are delicious.
Sounds delicious...and not too different than my current soft drink:

IMG

esteban

Quote from: Bardoly on 04/01/2017, 10:15 AMIMG
We need more photos like this :)

ALSO:

Do you know that my kids are insane?

They don't like Dr. Pepper.

Not even a little bit.

Very sad.

wildfruit

That is shocking. Dr Pepper is one of nature's finest nectars.

Psycho Punch

When I first came to the US I hated Dr. Pepper, when I left I wanted to bring as much Dr Pepper with me as possible. :lol:

cr8zykuban0

only the strongest can handle the amazing the taste of dr.pepper. A lot of people in my family dont like the taste but i think its delicious

Freeway2

Lately it's been ginger ale, Fresca and cherry Pepsi.  In the past I never really drank much soda but since I've basically quit drinking alcohol there has to be something to fill that void.
"If I took this cigarette and put it out on you would you love me"

Otaking

esteban

Groover

I enjoy cream soda with some coffee in it like a shot of espresso.
IMG