10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Side mirror got clipped. :|

Started by Ceti Alpha, 01/05/2008, 11:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ceti Alpha

I was parked on the side of the road at a friend's place and when we came out to get into my car I noticed the driver's side mirror all busted up right good like. yaaaayyy  :dance: 100% lamitude. Could have been way worse; all I have to do is replace the mirror and frame and get it painted. Fortunately the mirror swivels for just that purpose.

Anyway, I just needed to vent. lol

Note to self: never park on that street again.
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Turbo D

I've taken off a few mirrors in my ram van  :twisted: I mostly get f-150s and other big trucks who have gigantic elephant ear mirrors. Its not like I've done it on purpose though; some streets are just really narrow, haha.

/1996.dodge.ramvan.3138-T.jpg 8)
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Joe Redifer

Narrow streets and houses without driveways = evil.

Ceti Alpha

QuoteI've taken off a few mirrors in my ram van  Twisted Evil I mostly get f-150s and other big trucks who have gigantic elephant ear mirrors. Its not like I've done it on purpose though; some streets are just really narrow, haha.
hah. Yeah, I doubt the person even realized they did it. May have heard something and just blew it off.

QuoteNarrow streets and houses without driveways = evil.
Yup. I'm actually surprised it didn't happen sooner than it did; a narrow street, coupled with big chunks of packed snow on the side of the road.  #-o
IMG

NecroPhile

That royally sucks!  I like to take off mirrors with my shoulder or boot when some douche leaves a door ding.  That, or just cave in the door with a good ol' fashioned burro kick.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Kitsunexus

Quote from: guest on 01/06/2008, 12:55 AMI like to take off mirrors with my shoulder
RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT.....  :lol:
Forgive me, my brain is on par with the Bubble System.
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS RULE!

WoodyXP

If you find out who did it cut their valve stems.  It's the ultimate equalizer.  8)
"I bathe in AES carts."

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 01/06/2008, 12:30 AMNarrow streets and houses without driveways = evil.
That, & streets with no sidewalks, that tends to tick me off.  Thankfully there aren't too many of those around here, but, there are enough to frusterate me.  Not to mention, I hate the fact that people on bicycles are considered pedestrians.  I don't know how many times I've had to swerve to avoid some moron riding his bike in the street, since he can't ride it on the sidewalk.  If you ask me(& you won't/didn't), they are pedestrians too.  If a buy on a bike, runs into a guy walking, they might hurt for a week.  But if a guy on a bike, hits a car!  They might be dead for a week!  Possibly longer!
IMG

Ceti Alpha

The bummer of it all is that the money I'll spend to replace my mirror could have paid for my region mod switch/sound fix/fan/SVid pimp action on my Turbo Duo (or at least a good portion of it).  :roll:

C'est la vie.
IMG

Joe Redifer

I agree about the bicycle thing.  If bicycles and normal people can traverse on the same path through parks and trails and whatnot, why the hell can't they share a freakin' sidewalk?  I've ridden my bike on the sidewalk since I got my first at age 8.  I only ran in to a fat teenage girl once and that was when I was learning to ride someone else's bike when I was about 6.  I got hurt more than she did, and I was alright (bloody lip, that's it).

Now in my town they are narrowing streets to make room for bike lanes.  Pisses me off!  There used to be a left turn lane onto my street, but now they've taken that out to put in bike lanes.  Now I must block traffic as I wait to turn.  How many bikes ride by a day?  I'd be surprised if even 1 bike per day passed.  Cars > bikes.

Kitsunexus

My side mirrors never get clipped.

DNNOCLIP

Ceti Alpha

QuoteMy side mirrors never get clipped.
Haha. I'll remember you said that.  :P
IMG

Dark Fact

Quote from: Joe RediferI agree about the bicycle thing.  If bicycles and normal people can traverse on the same path through parks and trails and whatnot, why the hell can't they share a freakin' sidewalk?  I've ridden my bike on the sidewalk since I got my first at age 8.  I only ran in to a fat teenage girl once and that was when I was learning to ride someone else's bike when I was about 6.  I got hurt more than she did, and I was alright (bloody lip, that's it).
In my city, it is against city bylaw to ride your bike on a sidewalk because the sidewalk is for "pedestrians only" and that both bikers and car drivers must learn to share the road.  If you ask me, that's a load of bullshit.  Unless everyone can pedal like an Olympic athlete, bikers are much slower on the road than drivers and can pedal probably from 10-20 km/hr.  Ergo, bikers are a real nuisance to drivers and there is nothing drivers can do about it.
Quote from: ParanoiaDragonThat, & streets with no sidewalks, that tends to tick me off.  Thankfully there aren't too many of those around here, but, there are enough to frusterate me.  Not to mention, I hate the fact that people on bicycles are considered pedestrians.  I don't know how many times I've had to swerve to avoid some moron riding his bike in the street, since he can't ride it on the sidewalk.  If you ask me(& you won't/didn't), they are pedestrians too.  If a buy on a bike, runs into a guy walking, they might hurt for a week.  But if a guy on a bike, hits a car!  They might be dead for a week!  Possibly longer!
That's not the point though.  A pedestrian is defined as a person who goes or travels on foot.  When you get on a bike, you're automatically considered a cyclist.  Therefore, any privileges you have as a pedestrian go out the window the moment you put both feet on those pedals.  There is a reason why we're told to dismount from our bikes and walk them when we cross the street.  It's not just for safety.
homepage2.nifty.com/tkdate/ysmusic/screen/graphic/Win_CP_THE_LAST.jpg
Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

Turbo D

its against the law to ride bikes on the sidewalk in my city too. I do it sometimes though as the drivers here are crazy. I hardly ride my bike anymore though.
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

nat

People on bikes fucking piss me off. I always come up behind them when there is lots of traffic going the other direction so I can never pass. It forces me to slow down to about 20mph when I should be going 45. It's a good thing I don't drive drunk because if I did I would honestly most likely just mow them fucking down.

Ceti Alpha

I feel bad for some bicyclers, especially in cities like mine where there's no room anywhere for them. The sidewalks are off limits and there are no bike lanes. Even worse are inconsistencies with bike lanes. One road will have a bike lane and then all of a sudden there isn't one and the person on the bike is wondering what the hell just happened. I hate half-assed things like that. If you're going to go to the trouble of making bike lanes, finish the damn job.

That being said, some people on bikes actually believe that they are cars and can behave as such. FALSE.
IMG

nat

Yeah, that's what upsets me the most about them. There's nothing I hate more than coming up to a stop light where some jackass on a bicycle is first in line. He stops because he wants to go straight, but I want to turn right. Although I can't, because his dumbass is in my way and I have to wait for the light to turn green. Then I still have to wait while he crosses the intersection at 5mph.

All biking except off-road/mountain biking should be banned.

Kitsunexus

Quote from: nat on 01/07/2008, 12:40 AMAll biking except off-road/mountain biking should be banned.
YOU KILLED JAPAN YOU BASTARD!!!

Ceti Alpha

Well, I bought a brand new side mirror from CarQuest today for 73 bucks. Tomorrow I'm getting it painted and installed for 35 bucks. I'll count myself lucky; I was expecting a lot worse. Just out of curiosity I'm going to call one of the VW dealerships here and ask what it would cost to get a mirror, paint it and install it. I know I'll cringe at the price. Dealerships are crazy expensive, unless you have a warranty of course.
IMG

Kitsunexus

Quote from: ceti alpha on 01/07/2008, 07:20 PMCarQuest
Wow, what a name! I can't wait for World Of Carcraft... :roll:

nat

Quote from: ceti alpha on 01/07/2008, 07:20 PMDealerships are crazy expensive, unless you have a warranty of course.
No kidding.

I bought a used Chrysler like four years ago. The A/C climate control was all digital but it was broken and stuck on 75 degrees. I called the local dealership and they told me just for the control unit it was $625. I nearly shit myself. Are they lining the inside of the unit with diamonds or something? I mean, get real.

So I go down to my local parts yard and pull one off a junked sedan for $5. Still works to this day.

Dealerships are a bunch of thieving swine.

Ceti Alpha

QuoteWow, what a name! I can't wait for World Of Carcraft... Rolling Eyes
Don't give people any ideas.  :P

QuoteNo kidding.

I bought a used Chrysler like four years ago. The A/C climate control was all digital but it was broken and stuck on 75 degrees. I called the local dealership and they told me just for the control unit it was $625. I nearly shit myself. Are they lining the inside of the unit with diamonds or something? I mean, get real.

So I go down to my local parts yard and pull one off a junked sedan for $5. Still works to this day.

Dealerships are a bunch of thieving swine.
Nice one.  8) Dealerships generally charge about twice as much for parts and labour than your local garage.
IMG

MissaFX

Quote from: nat on 01/07/2008, 07:34 PMI bought a used Chrysler like four years ago. The A/C climate control was all digital but it was broken and stuck on 75 degrees. I called the local dealership and they told me just for the control unit it was $625. I nearly shit myself. Are they lining the inside of the unit with diamonds or something? I mean, get real.

Dealerships are a bunch of thieving drug abusing swine.
600 dollars for the coke to line their noses
+20 dollars to hire some illegal labor to do the job
+ 5 dollars for the part

Sounds about right to me.
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer
35/62 FX games owned - 56.4%
05/62 FX games reviewed - 8.0%
Latest: Pachio-kun FX review - 4/9/08

Kitsunexus

Quote from: Missa on 01/07/2008, 08:22 PM600 dollars for the coke to line their noses
+20 dollars to hire some illegal labor to do the job
+ 5 dollars for the part
The look on your face when you find out: pricless.

Some things money can't buy, for everything else, there's Missacard. :P

NecroPhile

Quote from: ceti alpha on 01/07/2008, 07:20 PMWell, I bought a brand new side mirror from CarQuest today for 73 bucks. Tomorrow I'm getting it painted and installed for 35 bucks.
You got a pretty sweet deal there - it'd be hard to just buy the base and clear for $35, much less the labor to spray and install the mirror.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Ceti Alpha

QuoteYou got a pretty sweet deal there - it'd be hard to just buy the base and clear for $35, much less the labor to spray and install the mirror.
Yeah, I just got back in from dropping off my car. It might end up being a little more. I would say closer to 50 or 60 maybe even a little more. I obviously misunderstood him on the phone. lol. He's a really fast talker and a mumbler. Add that to the fact he's from the country. hehe. But he does really good work at low prices. He doesn't have to charge as much for labour because it's just him.

Anyways, $35 bucks did seem like too good a deal. lol  :-$
IMG

Sinistron

I empathize.  Some bastard took one of my mirrors off last year.  Since then I always keep them turned in after parking.
IMG
Quote from: Tatsujin- ATM it's just amateurish boytoy shizzle.
- they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real.