OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Spriggan Shooting Contest: rules and deadlines

Started by Emerald Rocker, 11/27/2006, 11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emerald Rocker

And now, the Spriggan Shooting Contest begins!

Here are the rules:
1) Find a partner.  Post who your partner is.
2) Find Spriggan.
3) Play Spriggan regular mode, and see how many points you can get on one credit.
4) Play Spriggan score attack, and see how many points you can get.
5) Post your scores for regular mode and score attack mode.  Time Attack is not valid.

That's it!
The regular and score attack totals for each pair will be added together.  No percentage, no weighting -- just raw values.  Basically, the regular mode separates the Bonks from the Marios, and the score attack determines the best of the Bonks.

DEADLINE TO FIND PARTNER: December 4, 2006
DEADLINE TO POST SCORES: December 11, 2006

Go!  Go go go!
Official member of the PCEFX 4K Post Club

Tatsujin

sorry, just can't find a partner. too shy and not gay :oops:
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

elnino

Quote from: Tatsujin on 11/28/2006, 07:20 AMsorry, just can't find a partner. too shy and not gay :oops:
Let's team up!!
www.pcedaisakusen.net
People said his brain was infected by devils!
PCE Shmupscountown: 109/110 (1to go)
PCエンジン - シューティングゲーム読み秒:109/110個 (1個余る)

runinruder

I'm on Emerald Rocker's team, and I predict that we will crush Tatsujin, elnino, sunteam raul, Joe Ruddifer, CrackTiger, the SNES fans, and any other bums who have the guts to challenge us.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

_Paul

I'm rubbish. Someone pair with me and we shall make scores so low that it will become the stuff of legend.

elnino

Quote from: runinruder on 11/28/2006, 01:03 PMI'm on Emerald Rocker's team, and I predict that we will crush Tatsujin, elnino, sunteam raul, Joe Ruddifer, CrackTiger, the SNES fans, and any other bums who have the guts to challenge us. 
Aight, that's the spirit! Let's see what you got, kid!
www.pcedaisakusen.net
People said his brain was infected by devils!
PCE Shmupscountown: 109/110 (1to go)
PCエンジン - シューティングゲーム読み秒:109/110個 (1個余る)

Tatsujin

Quote from: elnino on 11/28/2006, 12:53 PM
Quote from: Tatsujin on 11/28/2006, 07:20 AMsorry, just can't find a partner. too shy and not gay :oops:
Let's team up!!
for sure. let's teamin'n'bang 8)
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Kaminari

Ah, too bad. I'm not interested in the regular mode.

Odonadon

Quote from: guest on 11/28/2006, 01:04 PMI'm rubbish. Someone pair with me and we shall make scores so low that it will become the stuff of legend.
Alright, you got it.  Team Trash here we go.  :) :)

OD

rolins

Why does the dates fall into the week of finals exams?  #-o

Odonadon

Quote from: rolins on 11/29/2006, 11:15 PMWhy does the dates fall into the week of finals exams?  #-o
Because most of us don't have final exams? :)

OD

Tatsujin

same here. i do not have any final exams in near future. i probably would say, that i do not have any final exams as well as any other exams for my further life. but who ever knows? :-k

_Paul

Quote from: rolins on 11/29/2006, 11:15 PMWhy does the dates fall into the week of finals exams?  #-o
Get a job you scrounger.  :P

_Paul

Quote from: Odonadon on 11/29/2006, 05:58 PM
Quote from: guest on 11/28/2006, 01:04 PMI'm rubbish. Someone pair with me and we shall make scores so low that it will become the stuff of legend.
Alright, you got it.  Team Trash here we go.  :) :)

OD
Sorted!

/sprigganfu0.jpg

esteban

Quote from: runinruder on 11/28/2006, 01:03 PMI'm on Emerald Rocker's team, and I predict that we will crush Tatsujin, elnino, sunteam raul, Joe Ruddifer, CrackTiger, the SNES fans, and any other bums who have the guts to challenge us. 
For some reason the search function is skipping a lot of "recent posts" and I didn't know this thread existed.

Back on topic: My solo score alone will crush your combined scores. First I'll have to find the game, though. Ugggh. I don't want to unpack any boxes.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

CrackTiger

Listen up all you candy-assed nancy boys!  :x

Keranu and I are officially announcing our alliance to destroy all puny 'challengers' in the Spriggan Shooting Contest.  [-(

No mercy will be given. Compete if you dare!  :evil:
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Keranu

Quote from: Crouching_Tiger_Hidden_DragonNo mercy will be given. Compete if you dare!  :evil:
"Sweep the leg."

:shock:

"You have a problem with that!?"

:-&

"Remember, no mercy."

IMG
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Keranu

Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG

CrackTiger

Quote from: Keranu on 12/04/2006, 11:10 PM
IMG
Why the hell am I the kid and you the sensei!?!

I was actually going to make a similar, less cheezy pic myself.  :P
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Keranu

Quote from: guest on 12/05/2006, 12:57 AMWhy the hell am I the kid and you the sensei!?!
Because I fought in VietNAM, god damn it!
IMG

Tatsujin

_Paul

Just to make all you losers really worry, I've been practicing and so far have reached a score of at least 12!

Scared? I bet you are!

runinruder

This seems like a good time to remind everyone that the deadline for posting our scores is December 11, and that each person needs to contribute two scores: one for regular mode (on one credit) and one for score attack mode.

I believe that these are the teams:

Emerald Rocker and runinruder
Tatsujin and elnino
sunteam paul and Odonadon
CrackTiger and Keranu
steve and rolins, perhaps?

Good luck, guys.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

Keranu

Quote from: guest on 12/06/2006, 02:40 PMJust to make all you losers really worry, I've been practicing and so far have reached a score of at least 12!

Scared? I bet you are!
:shock:
IMG

rolins

Quote from: runinruder on 12/06/2006, 03:20 PMI believe that these are the teams:

I guess, if steve666 agree to pair up with me.
I'm very rusty though, I haven't played this game in over two years, but
I'll give it a shot.

Also, I think it would it be better to set the game to the highest difficulty setting. IIRC the game
was way to easy on normal mode.

Tatsujin

Odonadon

Quote from: guest on 12/06/2006, 02:40 PMJust to make all you losers really worry, I've been practicing and so far have reached a score of at least 12!

Scared? I bet you are!
Got me beat, I haven't even played the game.  Ever :)  I don't even own it :)  I foresee me being a very poor contributer to our group score, unless I can rustle up a copy in the next 5 days.... which I have been trying to do but can't find it in the usual places.  Dammit.

OD

esteban

Quote from: rolins on 12/06/2006, 06:17 PM
Quote from: runinruder on 12/06/2006, 03:20 PMI believe that these are the teams:

I guess, if steve666 agree to pair up with me.
I'm very rusty though, I haven't played this game in over two years, but
I'll give it a shot.

Also, I think it would it be better to set the game to the highest difficulty setting. IIRC the game
was way to easy on normal mode.
I think we'll make a great couple, rolins: I haven't played this game for a few years either. It's funny that runin is playing matchmaker now :).

You're right, though, this game is not difficult on default. I recall getting very far on my first playthrough (a bummer, in some respects).

rolins

Alright Steve lets do it. Team Disposable Heroes is here to crush all the devildoers.  :twisted:

_Paul

esteban

Quote from: Emerald Rocker on 11/27/2006, 11:48 PMDEADLINE TO POST SCORES: December 11, 2006

Go!  Go go go!
Is there any way we can agree to extend the deadline to post scores? I ask only because I'll only be able to play the game a few times before Dec. 11. I'll post my scores, regardless, but it would be nice to get into the game.

Note: I have yet to unpack the box with Spriggan, but rest assured I'll find it this weekend.

Emerald Rocker

Does anyone object to extending the deadline until, say, December 15th?
Official member of the PCEFX 4K Post Club

Keranu

IMG

CrackTiger

Quote from: Emerald Rocker on 12/07/2006, 08:02 PMDoes anyone object to extending the deadline until, say, December 15th?
Thats perfect, because I still have never really ever played the game...

-but will still crush the competition!  :twisted:

Odonadon

Quote from: guest on 12/07/2006, 09:49 PM-but will still crush the competition!  :twisted:
Nonsense, I already have you beat for non-playedness.  :)

OD

_Paul

Quote from: Odonadon on 12/07/2006, 10:05 PM
Quote from: CrackTiger on 12/07/2006, 09:49 PM-but will still crush the competition!  :twisted:

OD
Someone post this man a copy FAST.

pixeljunkie

Odonadon

Quote from: guest on 12/08/2006, 12:35 PM
Quote from: Odonadon on 12/07/2006, 10:05 PM
Quote from: guest on 12/07/2006, 09:49 PM-but will still crush the competition!  :twisted:

OD
Someone post this man a copy FAST.
I found one with some help from my friends (you know who you are). :)  Plan on firing it up tonight!  Watch out everyone - it's on now!

OD

Odonadon

Quote from: pixeljunkie on 12/08/2006, 01:08 PMToo late to get in on this? :(
I guess it depends - who's your partner?

OD

termis

Hey, if it's still up, I might get in on it.  I haven't played this thing for... Um... 10 years or so.  Actually it's the first import PCE game that I bought back in 95 or so...  (I think I bought it for something like $5 - a bargain!)

Odonadon

Played Spriggan for my very first time last night - actually a really excellent game!  :D I'm a little disappointed in myself that I never gave it a go earlier. 

At any rate, I beat the entire game on one credit on hard mode but forgot to take the screenshot.  Shit.

Oh well maybe I can get a better score on my second try - after all I still have 5 days to crush everyone like insignificant bugs....

OD

_Paul

So we playing on hard mode or normal..?

rolins

I think the rules are for Normal mode still, but I'm going for Hard mode just for the hell of it.

esteban

Quote from: rolins on 12/11/2006, 05:39 PMI think the rules are for Normal mode still, but I'm going for Hard mode just for the hell of it.
Good :). We will destroy them all. I can't wait to play this game. I have a few days still. :)

CrackTiger

I just tried it for the first time and did well until the beige organic level when I paused to take a break. I came back later and had no idea what was going on and quickly lost most of my lives and later hit game over near the end of the same level.

Its a cool game with nice graphics. I like shooters that aren't designed to steal quaters.

I think that that was the 4th stage. How many levels are there anyway?

Kaminari

Quote from: guest on 12/11/2006, 09:57 PMI think that that was the 4th stage. How many levels are there anyway?
Seven.