RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Just got my Duo today!

Started by JesseZamora, 08/21/2001, 08:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JesseZamora

Well, I got me my Turbo Duo today, and I must say that based on CF2 [which got to me a day before my system] I'm pretty damned impressed with it thus far.  The graphics are certainly clean and clear, though I imagine they only get better with some of the games I'll be getting [Gate of Thunder & Lords of Thunder look amazing from the screens I've seen thus far].  I certainly hope to amass a great collection of Turbo games and become as Turbo literate as the rest of you guys.

A question though.  What is with the solo controller port?  That is the one thing I hate about this system.

M1Savage

Welcome to the world of Turbo! As for the single controller port, you need a turbo tap which allows up to 5 people to play at once. Get the tap, some extra controllers, Bomberman, and some friends and you're set!  http://www.ezboard.com/intl/aenglish/images/emoticons/smile.gif ALT=":)">  

PCEngineFX

Glad to hear you are liking CF2....you will be amazed when you see Gate of Thunder and Lords of Thunder though http://www.ezboard.com/intl/aenglish/images/emoticons/smile.gif ALT=":)">   Don't forget about Ys I&II and Ys III to get more RPG goodness....

Aaron Nanto
Webmaster pcengine-fx.com
www.pcengine-fx.com

The ultimate resource for NEC console information!

// Aaron Nanto | The Ultimate Resource for NEC Console Information!
Papa PCEFX 1997-2020 [Retired]
IMG
IMG

JesseZamora

Man, Gate of Thunder and Lords of Thunder rock!  I can't believe a 16-bit system can handle sush sprite graphics, at the rate of speed they go, with no flicker at all!  They almost look like 1st-gen SATURN games, they're that good!  Man, I'm definately not regretting the decision to buy this system, it rocks entirely!  I hope all the experiences I have with the system are as good as the ones I've had up until now.

As for CF2, it's finally starting to get hard finally [Just beat Major Payne and passed the snow cave].  oooooh, I can't wait to blast Galam to hell!!