That movie you just watched

Started by Medic_wheat, 06/09/2014, 07:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TR0N

This past sunday i saw guardians of the galaxy finally.I enjoy the movie and in a way,it reminded of the star wars original trilogy.The humor in it was tongue in cheek but still very funny.Beside the fact,even if you don't know much about the comic it covers enough in detail.The sound track itself i was fine with since it had plenty of 70's songs in it.By now i won't be surprised if i see lot's of "i am groot" meme floating around youtube  :-"
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

esteban

Mrs. Doubtfire — this was slightly better than I remembered it (I saw it when it was released). Chalk that up to age...I was a high school senior and wanted something edgier.

Ghostbusters II — this was a BILLION times better than I remember it (I saw it in theatre).  The entire audience seemed disappointed by sequel when I initially saw it, I remember just feeling ripped off (I had to carefully choose what movies to see due to limited $$$)—so did 90% of the fiends I went to see it with. I was bored, frustrated, couldn't believe Ghostbusters II SUCKED HARDCORE.  But, watching it a few days ago with my daughter, I actually really liked it. The sting of yesteryear had dissipated and I just had a great time enjoying the silly stuff.

VERDICT: I am desperate to find movies suitable for a 5th grader and lowered my standards.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Miracle_Warrior

Snowpiercer - Interesting concept, but terrible execution.  Just had a weird vibe to it, couldn't get in to it at all.  Avoid it. 

The Prince - Another terrible movie that was poorly casted.  I just couldn't believe that this everyman is/was supposed to be the biggest badass assassin ever. 

Frontera - I thought this was excellent.  Great acting, I recommend you watch it.

Miracle_Warrior

Quote from: esteban on 09/01/2014, 11:35 AMVERDICT: I am desperate to find movies suitable for a 5th grader and lowered my standards.
The Princess Bride!  That is, if you've yet to watch it with your 5th grader.

TheClash603

Ghostbusters 2 is a great flick and I never understood the hate.  Maybe because I am a little older and the original predates me a little bit and part 2  was actually part of my youth?

I watched I Spit On Your Grave 2  this weekend and it was really good.  For a straight to DVD movie, it was well made and followed the classic formula well.  If you have the stomach for these types of movies, give it a watch.  It was on Hulu Plus so that made it an easier, aka free, decision.

ToyMachine78

Been watching a bunch of Mystery Science Theater this weekend. I highly recommended The Night of the Blood Beast episode. Many lulz to be had.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 09/01/2014, 02:55 PMBeen watching a bunch of Mystery Science Theater this weekend. I highly recommended The Night of the Blood Beast episode. Many lulz to be had.
Manis, Hands of Fate
TimeTrax
The Alien who looks like a potato movie

:pcgs:

esteban

Quote from: TheClash603 on 09/01/2014, 02:47 PMGhostbusters 2 is a great flick and I never understood the hate.  Maybe because I am a little older and the original predates me a little bit and part 2  was actually part of my youth?

I watched I Spit On Your Grave 2  this weekend and it was really good.  For a straight to DVD movie, it was well made and followed the classic formula well.  If you have the stomach for these types of movies, give it a watch.  It was on Hulu Plus so that made it an easier, aka free, decision.
I think you're correct, folks who didn't experience the full awesomeness of the original were more forgiving, perhaps, of the sequel.

My summer vacation ends tonight (duh!), so I may watch I Spit On Your Grave, a zombie flick, random horror film, etc. as a treat.

Quote from: Miracle_Warrior on 09/01/2014, 12:27 PM
Quote from: esteban on 09/01/2014, 11:35 AMVERDICT: I am desperate to find movies suitable for a 5th grader and lowered my standards.
The Princess Bride!  That is, if you've yet to watch it with your 5th grader.
Movie tonight with wife and daughter, no joke. It might be the one. I also want to watch Bill and Ted's excellent Adventure, but I honestly can't remember if it was any good, or if it will are well (I saw it in theatre).

TheClash603

I Spit on Your Grave 2 is not such a movie.  :)

esteban

Quote from: TheClash603 on 09/01/2014, 05:05 PM
Hahahahahahahahaha! Neither is Blood and Black Lace, or The House By the Cemetery, or ....  :pcgs:

PunkCryborg

Just saw Guardians of the Galaxy. I'm not really into new movies but I really enjoyed this!

MrFulci

Quote from: esteban on 09/01/2014, 05:12 PM
Quote from: TheClash603 on 09/01/2014, 05:05 PM
Hahahahahahahahaha! Neither is Blood and Black Lace, or The House By the Cemetery, or ....  :pcgs:
Once you get into 7th grade or so, you can always get out some of the tamer Hitchcock movies. Not horror, but require more thought than most horror and suspense. All depends on if the younger person can tolerate, "Old" movies and movies without lots of action. I know of someone, back in 2001 or so, complained about I in he late 90's her mother coaxed her into watching an, "Old movie". That old movie being, "Rosemary's Baby" when it aired on TV. She said she laughed throughout it. She was in her early 20's at the time.

OH, something that just clicked in my mind, a great horror movie, for younger folks, and also older, though I'm not sure if it's a nostalgia thing for me. The last time I watched it was Halloween 2012; "The Willies". It's a horror anthology, like Creepshow, but PG-13. Has some good lessons; Don't be a bully, don't torment animals, etc.

I still have not yet revisited Mrs. Doubtfire since a theatre viewing, and later VHS rental or similar. I'm not sure if I'd like it better, but I may, as some stuff may have been over my head at the time, or I not appreciated so much at the time. Similar to how I appreciated Overboard, Parenthood, and some other stuff from the 80's as I got older.

Anyway, I have not watched anything more, but I did set aside some money for the Blu-ray of UHF, which is released in Novemeber. I haven't seen the movie in 7 years or so.

I did watch some of the Simpsons marathon this weekend, and while not a movie, it might as well have been.
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

MrFulci

Quote from: esteban on 09/01/2014, 04:54 PM............... I also want to watch Bill and Ted's excellent Adventure, but I honestly can't remember if it was any good, or if it will are well (I saw it in theatre).
Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure still holds up pretty well. Then again, may have to explain to a younger person what a phone booth is for, and why they were once everyplace. It also has George Carlin here and there throughout.

I saw it for the first time in 10+ years, in 2012 or so. It was airing on some TV station, and I left it on in the background while cooking or something, and I got sucked back into it. I caught it about 1/3 of the way in. The bit with Napoleon bowling got me laughing, and the subtitles. I had forgotten about that.
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

TR0N

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 09/01/2014, 07:55 PMJust saw Guardians of the Galaxy. I'm not really into new movies but I really enjoyed this!
Ditto but now i have the song hooked on a feeling stuck in my head again  #-o
IMG

esteban

Quote from: MrFulci on 09/02/2014, 01:34 AM
Quote from: esteban on 09/01/2014, 04:54 PM............... I also want to watch Bill and Ted's excellent Adventure, but I honestly can't remember if it was any good, or if it will are well (I saw it in theatre).
Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure still holds up pretty well. Then again, may have to explain to a younger person what a phone booth is for, and why they were once everyplace. It also has George Carlin here and there throughout.

I saw it for the first time in 10+ years, in 2012 or so. It was airing on some TV station, and I left it on in the background while cooking or something, and I got sucked back into it. I caught it about 1/3 of the way in. The bit with Napoleon bowling got me laughing, and the subtitles. I had forgotten about that.
She loves Dr. Who already, so I figured why not try Bill & Ted? She might like it. I can't remember anything, anyway.

TheClash603

Made my annual pilgrimage to the theater to watch a Woody Allen movie.  Magic in the Moonlight had its moments, but it wasn't as good as Blue Jasmine last year.

Anyone else watch Woody Allen films?  He's probably my favorite director.  All of my top movies are his...  or horrible horror trash.

o.pwuaioc

removed

EvilEvoIX

Again, I must reiterate, you all must watch "Dear Zachary".  It is a documentary and it is on Youtube for free if you must see it obviously easy to download.  An EXTREMELY powerful message and a must watch, messed me up for days.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

Miracle_Warrior

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 09/03/2014, 04:00 PMAgain, I must reiterate, you all must watch "Dear Zachary".  It is a documentary and it is on Youtube for free if you must see it obviously easy to download.  An EXTREMELY powerful message and a must watch, messed me up for days.
Just watched this on your recommendation.  Wow, very powerful indeed.  So much raw emotion in that documentary.  As someone with children myself, I can relate to a lot of the comments made Kate and David.

EvilEvoIX

IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

esteban

Quote from: TheClash603 on 09/03/2014, 01:29 AMMade my annual pilgrimage to the theater to watch a Woody Allen movie.  Magic in the Moonlight had its moments, but it wasn't as good as Blue Jasmine last year.

Anyone else watch Woody Allen films?  He's probably my favorite director.  All of my top movies are his...  or horrible horror trash.
Mostly a fan of his older films 70's/80's...he made a crap load and I think I've seen most of them. After Mighty Aphrodite I have only seen a handful...but I liked most of them (not amazing, per se, but enjoyable enough).

Quote from: guest on 09/03/2014, 12:26 PM
Quote from: esteban on 09/02/2014, 06:31 PM
Quote from: MrFulci on 09/02/2014, 01:34 AM

She loves Dr. Who already, so I figured why not try Bill & Ted? She might like it. I can't remember anything, anyway.
I had my wife watch Bill and Ted earlier this year. She actually liked it OK. She's my age though, not in the fifth grade, so I don't know if that helps.
I was "THIS" close to watching Bill & Ted on Friday night. We will watch it soon, though.

:pcgs:

ToyMachine78

I had a The Tick marathon yesterday. SPOON!!!!!!!!

TheClash603

Quote from: esteban on 09/07/2014, 06:21 AM
Quote from: TheClash603 on 09/03/2014, 01:29 AMMade my annual pilgrimage to the theater to watch a Woody Allen movie.  Magic in the Moonlight had its moments, but it wasn't as good as Blue Jasmine last year.

Mostly a fan of his older films 70's/80's...he made a crap load and I think I've seen most of them. After Mighty Aphrodite I have only seen a handful...but I liked most of them (not amazing, per se, but enjoyable enough).
Living in NYC there are Woody Allen screenings at some theater almost weekly, so it is easy to go watch the classics (Manhattan, Sleeper, Annie Hall, etc.) on the big screen.

I picked this up for less than $100 on sale and have made it through most of the movies.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Woody-Allen-Collection-Sets/dp/B001539HQY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1410108570&sr=8-1&keywords=woody+allen+collection

I think even "lesser" Woody Allen is better than 90% of what is out there.  Crimes and Misdemeanors, Broadway Danny Rose, and Hannah and Her Sisters are a little later than his classic movies and all are awesome.  For his newer stuff, I genuinely enjoyed Match Point, Midnight in Paris, and Blue Jasmine.  His latest movie is probably his worst in a decade, but it had a few moments.

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: TheClash603 on 09/07/2014, 12:53 PM

Living in NYC there are Woody Allen screenings at some theater almost weekly, so it is easy to go watch the classics (Manhattan, Sleeper, Annie Hall, etc.) on the big screen.

I picked this up for less than $100 on sale and have made it through most of the movies.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Woody-Allen-Collection-Sets/dp/B001539HQY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1410108570&sr=8-1&keywords=woody+allen+collection

I think even "lesser" Woody Allen is better than 90% of what is out there.  Crimes and Misdemeanors, Broadway Danny Rose, and Hannah and Her Sisters are a little later than his classic movies and all are awesome.  For his newer stuff, I genuinely enjoyed Match Point, Midnight in Paris, and Blue Jasmine.  His latest movie is probably his worst in a decade, but it had a few moments.
Which theaters?

TheClash603

Unless it is just coincidence, when I was in NYC I watched some of his movies at both MOMA and Film Forum.  I remember passing on his movies at Film Society at Lincoln Center.  I am into old movies and always looked at the film schedules when I was there, even seeing Troll 2 surprisingly played in Brooklyn one weekend!

Since I was in NYC for about a year for work and I didn't know too many people besides co-workers, I was the weird introverted guy sitting in the back of Film Forum munching popcorn and embracing film history.

esteban

Quote from: TheClash603 on 09/07/2014, 12:53 PM

100% agree on all counts.  :pcgs:

I even like Zaftig.  :pcgs:

HailingTheThings

Watched the Angry Video Game Nerd Movie on Vimeo.

It was better, yet not quite as good as I was expecting. Overall, definitely worth the $5 for a 24hr rental, at least I think.

Quote from: guest on 09/07/2014, 08:35 AMI had a The Tick marathon yesterday. SPOON!!!!!!!!
Love the Tick cartoon! So much so, that I bought the UK DVD sets since only the first two seasons were released in the US, both missing an episode, I might add.

Also, the live action series is pretty great. Heard there may be a continuation or a reboot of that thanks to Amazon. Yeh.
IMG

Digi.k

been watching the wind rises.  pretty looking but slow story... trying to finish it too

NightWolve

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godzilla_(2014_film)

IMG
The son of a gun gets the job done, gotta hand it to 'im! Oh sure, many of your cities will be left crumbled down to dust when the fighting is all over, but he's much better than the nuclear option (that's for sure!) when it comes to eliminating mothra type monsters already running loose, wreaking havoc and destruction along their paths! Godzilla, the good guy, believe it or not! Just get out of the way and let 'im do his damn job, ya stupid humans! :P

LET! THEM! FIGHT!

TR0N

I know that voice it's a movie about voice actors.They interview them and talk about there experiences working in the field.Still i wish they could have interview peter cullen and frank welker.
 I KNOW THAT VOICE Trailer v2

It's on netflik currently  :wink:
IMG

MrFlutterPie

I caught Addams Family Values last night on T.V.

I always enjoyed it as a kid and I still enjoyed my viewing last night.  I was surprised to see how dark it was for a children's movie in the early 90's though.  However, I think that is why we liked it so much as kids :mrgreen:

roflmao

I too just watched Godzilla.  It was awesome! Granted, I took the day off (not related to the movie rental) and had the house to myself for the morning so watched it in it's full-surround-sound glory.  I turned the "night mode" and "dynamic sound" crap off and cranked that shit up till it was shaking the house (and I only have 1 BIC F-12 - someone here has 4! :) ). The movie was fun, but the sound made it epic. My couch shook and shimmied like there was no tomorrow.  It was much woot. Anyone that has a home theater with some bass *needs* to view this movie.  I've never experienced anything like it.

esteban

Wow, I'm surprised to hear so many positive things about Godzilla. I'll keep that in mind.

cjameslv

Just watched The Sorcerer and the White Snake on netflix last night. I'm already a jet li fan so i was pretty thrilled to see a movie i somehow missed. I'd check it out if your into martial arts movies!

Digi.k

Quote from: esteban on 10/19/2014, 11:37 AMWow, I'm surprised to hear so many positive things about Godzilla. I'll keep that in mind.
I went to see it in the cinema a few months back with some friends, we just thought it was... ok.

watching a Danish movie on blu ray called "The Hunt"

MrFlutterPie

Watched Circuitry Man last night.  I was entertained.  It's not an amazing movie by any means but it was a bit different and I enjoyed it.

Psycho Punch

I didn't watch it yet but I'm looking forward to Deadliest Prey... seems like it's as funny as the first one for what I've seen so far... DUN DUN DUN
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

HailingTheThings

Recently watched:

Hotel Transylvania (decent with the exception of Adam Sandler's bad Drac and Ceelo Green's fat mummy)

Amazing Spider-Man 2 (worse than I could have possibly imagined, like fucking Batman Forever bad)

Cabin In The Woods (not as good as everyone told me it was, but I liked it enough to pick up some day on the cheap)
IMG

DragonmasterDan

I just watched Dick Tracy from 1990. It's the first time I've seen it in at least 20 years and had forgotten most of what happens. It's a much better movie than I initially recalled.
--DragonmasterDan

SuperGrafx

was in the mood for some kung fun / martial arts action.
So I fired up "IP MAN 2" on Netflix

jtucci31

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 10/24/2014, 11:21 PMAmazing Spider-Man 2 (worse than I could have possibly imagined, like fucking Batman Forever bad)
I definitely saw its flaws, but I still liked it. Why did you dislike it so much?

HailingTheThings

Quote from: guest on 10/25/2014, 09:44 PM
Quote from: HailingTheThings on 10/24/2014, 11:21 PMAmazing Spider-Man 2 (worse than I could have possibly imagined, like fucking Batman Forever bad)
I definitely saw its flaws, but I still liked it. Why did you dislike it so much?
Jaime Fox's Max Dillon/Electro was a joke, Rhino was barely in the movie, too much content shoe horned into the movie, everything felt forced. Only thing I liked were scenes between Garfield and Stone and even those felt meh.

Also, sorry I'm wasted and can barely see. hahah fvk
IMG

NecroPhile

I watched Evil Dead 2 (blood red laserdisc!) over the weekend.

TEH  BWUUUUCE!
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

HailingTheThings

Quote from: guest on 10/27/2014, 12:13 PMI watched Evil Dead 2 (blood red laserdisc!) over the weekend.

TEH  BWUUUUCE!
Effk yeah!
IMG

jtucci31

Quote from: guest on 10/27/2014, 05:32 PM
Quote from: guest on 10/19/2014, 12:55 AMI too just watched Godzilla.  It was awesome! Granted, I took the day off (not related to the movie rental) and had the house to myself for the morning so watched it in it's full-surround-sound glory.  I turned the "night mode" and "dynamic sound" crap off and cranked that shit up till it was shaking the house (and I only have 1 BIC F-12 - someone here has 4! :) ). The movie was fun, but the sound made it epic. My couch shook and shimmied like there was no tomorrow.  It was much woot. Anyone that has a home theater with some bass *needs* to view this movie.  I've never experienced anything like it.
Dammit man... now i have to flip a coin between game 6 of the world series and Godzilla when i have kid-free time tomorrow night. :lol:
Why not both at the same time? Baseball doesn't require constant attention.

Two TV's next to each other=problem solved

roflmao

Quote from: guest on 10/27/2014, 05:32 PM
Quote from: guest on 10/19/2014, 12:55 AMI too just watched Godzilla.  It was awesome! Granted, I took the day off (not related to the movie rental) and had the house to myself for the morning so watched it in it's full-surround-sound glory.  I turned the "night mode" and "dynamic sound" crap off and cranked that shit up till it was shaking the house (and I only have 1 BIC F-12 - someone here has 4! :) ). The movie was fun, but the sound made it epic. My couch shook and shimmied like there was no tomorrow.  It was much woot. Anyone that has a home theater with some bass *needs* to view this movie.  I've never experienced anything like it.
Dammit man... now i have to flip a coin between game 6 of the world series and Godzilla when i have kid-free time tomorrow night. :lol:
I hope you watched game 6 - it was pretty awesome. Last night's game could have been better, though. ;)

FiftyQuid

Baseball excites me about as much as a bird flying into a window.

Amazing Spider-Man 2 just needed to cram another 5 or 6 villians into the movie and then I'm sure it would have been just fine.

Me, I have more refined tastes, so I sat down and watched Tinkerbell and The Pirate Fairy.  it was quite possible one of the best movies of all time.  If someone doesn't get an Oscar for this film then there is something wrong with the movie industry.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

Psycho Punch

Quote from: Psycho Punch on 10/24/2014, 10:30 PMI didn't watch it yet but I'm looking forward to Deadliest Prey... seems like it's as funny as the first one for what I've seen so far... DUN DUN DUN
IT WAS CRAP. Stick with the original "hit" which is far funnier
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

jeffhlewis

Just saw Gone Girl...you'll never look at boxcutters the same way ever again.

munchiaz

I went to see Nightcrawler this weekend with the girlfriend. I wasn't expecting to much,but man it was an awesome movie. jake gyllenhaal was awesome in the movie and his character was so intriguing.